Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 23:28   #16
BHPian

Re: My First Car - Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hey Naman,

Congrats on your first ride mate ! The wait period must have given you a million strokes. I always had a soft corner for Ecosport ever since its launch. Beautiful car buddy. Wishing you miles of safe and trouble free ownership. Please get the DRL's that are being offered for the Ecosport, they completely transform the look of the car. You can refer our BHPian ecosport_rules thread incase you plan for any modifications for your car.
Hey,
Thanks
Ya the wait was pretty bad but well worth it.
As far as I know, the DRL's work only when the lights are switched on( i.e at night). So they are completely useless during the day. Technically, they are not even "daytime running lights".
Do you know of where I can get DRL's that work during the day also?
Oh and yeah, ill go through that thread.

Cheers!
Old 19th August 2014, 23:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Do you know of where I can get DRL's that work during the day also?
Oh and yeah, ill go through that thread.
Please check his thread buddy! He has a set of pictures with DRL's turned on during the day in a parking garage.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 22:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I want to know how the illuminated scuff plates are. Should I get them ?
While searching for accessories i found that aftermarket ones look/feel too cheap for my taste. The scuff plates are no different. You can get a lot of options at sites like aliexpress or at a local accessory shop near you. They will cost around 1.5k. However the quality of metal of OEM ones are better, the greenish blue light emits a soft glow which gels with the console lights of the car unlike the aftermarket ones which are more bright. However its available for only the front two doors like other people said.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 22:55   #19
BHPian

Congratulations. My first car was Ikon 1.3 nxt - Ford. I have some of the best memories with that car. 10+ years and a faithful friend still. Happy driving. Take care of the car and it will take care of you!
Old 20th August 2014, 23:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Congratulations. My first car was Ikon 1.3 nxt - Ford. I have some of the best memories with that car. 10+ years and a faithful friend still. Happy driving. Take care of the car and it will take care of you!
Thank you
I will surely take care of it...
Old 21st August 2014, 21:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
While searching for accessories i found that aftermarket ones look/feel too cheap for my taste. The scuff plates are no different. You can get a lot of options at sites like aliexpress or at a local accessory shop near you. They will cost around 1.5k. However the quality of metal of OEM ones are better, the greenish blue light emits a soft glow which gels with the console lights of the car unlike the aftermarket ones which are more bright. However its available for only the front two doors like other people said.
Plus, installing the aftermarket ones will involve wire cutting and hence the car's electrical warranty will be void.
Old 5th September 2014, 19:40   #22
BHPian

Hey naman congrats on your first car. Hope u will cherish memories of this car for a lifetime.

Chill metallic is a unique colour and in my opinion it kinda grows on you as time passes.

As a ecosport owner myself, I believe you will love your car more with each passing day.
laferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 00:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laferrari View Post
Hey naman congrats on your first car. Hope u will cherish memories of this car for a lifetime.

Chill metallic is a unique colour and in my opinion it kinda grows on you as time passes.

As a ecosport owner myself, I believe you will love your car more with each passing day.
Hello,
Thanks a lot!
Yes, the colour is really good and different
Old 20th October 2014, 13:45   #24
BHPian

It has been more than 2 months and 1600 km since i have got the Ecosport and i am absolutely loving it. I thought that I would just update this thread as my running in period is over.

Lets start with the bad stuff-

- Firstly, the thick A-pillars are really scary. They create HUGE blind spots and I really need to be very careful in traffic and while turning.
- Secondly, the gearbox feels a little hard in first and second gear when the engine is cold. However, after a few minutes it comes back to being very smooth and enjoyable.
- The electronic pull drift compensation system kicks in while cornering. So when I take a bend a little fast, the steering seems to try and resist the turn. Moreover, being an SUV there is some body roll as well. So, its not really good around corners.
- The turning radius of the car is also not very good.
- Rear visibility is also bad but the parking sensors help a lot.

Now for the good stuff-

- The car is extremely smooth and refined. Doesn't feel like a diesel at all.
- The stability of the car is commendable. It feels very well planted even at speeds above 100kmph and you feel very confident driving this car.
- The engine is sufficiently powerful with a very good surge of power post 2000 rpm, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear.
- The brakes of the car are very good and effective.
- The ride quality of the car is also good, especially when you go faster.
- The build quality of the car is extremely good. The heavy doors feel very solid and the quality of interiors is very good as well.
- The SYNC works much better than any of my expectations and is very enjoyable to use.
- Everyone who sits in the car appreciates the interior of the car.

Apart from the basic accessories mentioned in the earlier post, I have added Team-Bhp stickers, Sparco Sport pedals and F1 type brake lights to the car. I'll put up some pictures soon.
Now, I need some help regarding a few more modifications that i wish to do.
- I was wondering if anyone has got their alloys powder coated in Bangalore. I am looking for a good place to do this but can't seem to find one. Any suggestions?
- I also want to upgrade my headlamps without spending too much on projectors or HID's. I just want a better headlamp. Should i go for it?
- A power horn for the car. The stock horn is not good and I need a better one. Will this cause any warranty issues?

Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 14:34   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Naman_Ferrari, Wish you a long and happy Ownership,,
I am sure You are enjoying the High Ground Clearance -which affords you to sit quite high, and offer a commanding view of the road ahead,,

Ford EcoSport was also my first choice, but, decided against, post Test drive, felt there was lack of low end grunt..,, I was pretty unhappy with the initial pickup,, Whats your feedback/feeling on initial pickup of the vehicle,
Old 22nd October 2014, 01:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Congratulations Naman_Ferrari, Wish you a long and happy Ownership,,
I am sure You are enjoying the High Ground Clearance -which affords you to sit quite high, and offer a commanding view of the road ahead,,

Ford EcoSport was also my first choice, but, decided against, post Test drive, felt there was lack of low end grunt..,, I was pretty unhappy with the initial pickup,, Whats your feedback/feeling on initial pickup of the vehicle,
Thank You
Yes, the high ground clearance really helps.
The pickup initially is not very good, especially when you are in low revs on second gear. The car takes time to start accelerating but once you cross 1500 rpm, the car really shoots. But if you rev it a little, power is adequate. And yeah, the first gear is very short and that doesn't help either.
So overall after you learn how to drive it, its quite enjoyable

Btw, which car did you go for?
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:47   #27
BHPian

I had a Getz - which was not pretty quick in any sense of the word at low revs,,
Wanted a car which was quick and eager to start running - the minute it was turned on,, took 4 test drives of EcoSport - I really wanted to buy this car,, somehow was not happy, and finally, I got a Skoda Rapid,

Quote:
Thank You
Yes, the high ground clearance really helps.
The pickup initially is not very good, especially when you are in low revs on second gear. The car takes time to start accelerating but once you cross 1500 rpm, the car really shoots. But if you rev it a little, power is adequate. And yeah, the first gear is very short and that doesn't help either.
So overall after you learn how to drive it, its quite enjoyable

Btw, which car did you go for?

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 22nd October 2014 at 10:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks