Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 23:10   #61
BHPian

Re: Red Bull Crosses 2200 KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post

system mileage dropped to 22+ from 24+ I had while going.
22+ is still amazing in the real world, that too when you revved hard. .

Quote:
Just came back after a 500 KM Highway travel.
Kindly let us know how the drive was , were there any similar issues noticed that Harpeet reported in his post earlier.
Iam not sure if your car was as fully loaded as his , however it would be still good to know the behavior related to power band.

Iam attaching his post for your reference here.

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-screenshot.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 1st October 2014, 06:53   #62
BHPian

Re: Red Bull Crosses 2200 KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
22+ is still amazing in the real world, that too when you revved hard. .
Kindly let us know how the drive was , were there any similar issues noticed that Harpeet reported in his post earlier.
Iam not sure if your car was as fully loaded as his , however it would be still good to know the behavior related to power band.

Iam attaching his post for your reference here.

Attachment 1294670

Cheers,
pdma.
Hi pdma,
My revving hard is a bit different than the others. Even when revving hard I dont cross 100 . I just tried to maintain 80 to 90 all the time. The road conditions helped a lot. Traffic was very thin owing to fear of travelling due to Jaya issue. This helped me to maintsin 80 plus.

I had 4 adults on board and about 40 kg luggage. Generally the pulling power at lower gears is about 20 percent lesser than my previous logan. This I experienced earlier too. But my style of driving allows me to accept that. High way overtaking cannot be done at gear six and it takes longer to over take a vehicle going at 75 or 80. That time I hàd to shift to 5th.

I had a comfortable left leg this time as i effectively used the space next to clutch to rest my left foot. Still I want to make a dead pedal arrangement to have better effect.
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 10:19   #63
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red- 2nd Service done

Did Second (Free) Service of Red Bull on 13th August 2014 with Capital Honda OMR which is closer to me than TVS Mount Road.

Kms Done: 3117
Average City Mileage: 21+ KMPL (as per system)
Average Highway Mileage: 24-25 KMPL (as per system)
Got a Zero Bill. They checked all as per the 2nd Service Check list except Tyre rotation which I had decided to do only at 5000 Km.

No issues as of today except the reverse gear still being far from being free. Hope it will ease out with use.

Stock TVS tyres are going ok. Planning for a Head Lamp High beam bulb swap based on inputs from vsrivatsa .
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 16:20   #64
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: Honda City Carnelian Red Head Light Bulbs replaced.

This week end I changed the Head Light Bulbs.

The stock Short Beam (H11 12v/55w) bulb was changed with Philips Xtreme Vision h11 12v/55w - Price: Rs 600 per pair.
The stock High Beam (HB3 12v/65w) anged with OSRAM Night Breaker Plus Unlimited HB3 12V/60W - Price Rs 1850 per pair.

Both were purchased from local automobile dealers in GP Road Chennai.

Now coming to the performance both are better than the stock ones (even the stock ones are regular Halogens from H11- OSRAM Germany and HB3 - Philips Germany .

Went through the manual and felt was not very well explained and I could not fully get the process involved, even though I have done this with the previous cars I used.

So opened the bonnet and first tried the Low beam with little careful trials could remove the bulb with holder out of the Head Light dome by rotating it clock wise as seen from in side the car. Now came the part of removing the bulb from the holder. Once again a little amount of trials I got it that I had to press at the end of the holder to make the clip open and then have to pull the bulb out. For the High beam I had to first remove part of the Wind Shield Wiper water inlet. The process was very simple, though not well explained in the manual.

Now the results shown as pictures.
Stock low Beam (Osram in my case) illumination and throw:
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100497.jpg

Extreme Vision Low Beam Illumination and throw:
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100498.jpg

Stock High Beam (Philips in my case) illumination and throw:
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100504.jpg

Osram NBU High Beam Illumination and throw:
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100505.jpg

I did one more trial by keeping one (passenger side) with stock Low and High Beam bulbs and replacing the other with New ones and took pictures of the Head Lights. The results are as below:

Stock Low Beam
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100506.jpg

New Low Beam
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100509.jpg

Stock High and Low Beams
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100515.jpg

New High and Low Beams
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-p1100516.jpg

Hope it will be of some use to other Honda Owners
Seran Manian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 11:03   #65
KRN
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red

I have been following your thread closely and I just booked my SV CVT in Chennai. OTR came to 11.08L.

I plan to change the stock music system soon after delivery. A few questions

1. The dealer is offering a choice of 2 models - Blaupunkt Las Vegas 530 (no navigation) for INR 26k or Blaupunkt San Diego 530 (with navigation) for INR 34k. Installation includes external mic for bluetooth, fascia and reverse camera. Do you mind sharing the cost of your setup?

2. If the prices that dealer is offering is very close to prices outside, would prefer to stick with dealer for peace of mind

3. Any idea of sound quality with stock speakers in SV, but just changing the HU?

4. How is your experience with the stock tyres after running a few thousand kms? I am on a budget and would prefer to retain the stock if performance is decent

Being a newbie, I am unable to PM you, but would be grateful if you can PM me your contact info to help me with my queries
Old 19th December 2014, 15:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
I have been following your thread closely and I just booked my SV CVT in Chennai. OTR came to 11.08L.

I plan to change the stock music system soon after delivery. A few questions

1. The dealer is offering a choice of 2 models - Blaupunkt Las Vegas 530 (no navigation) for INR 26k or Blaupunkt San Diego 530 (with navigation) for INR 34k. Installation includes external mic for bluetooth, fascia and reverse camera. Do you mind sharing the cost of your setup?

2. If the prices that dealer is offering is very close to prices outside, would prefer to stick with dealer for peace of mind

3. Any idea of sound quality with stock speakers in SV, but just changing the HU?

4. How is your experience with the stock tyres after running a few thousand kms? I am on a budget and would prefer to retain the stock if performance is decent

Being a newbie, I am unable to PM you, but would be grateful if you can PM me your contact info to help me with my queries
I went for Sadiego because I wanted to try the Navigation. But my main intent was to have rear view in the dash for which Sandiego has provision.
The Unit costed Rs 25000. the imported facia panel that would hold the Hu costed 4000. The accessories (The SWC - Steering Wheel Control Kit and some connectors costed 3700 + 300 Plus. I paid the guy who did the job about 1500 (If I remember right.). If your dealer does it simply leave it to him as you wont have any warranty issues . But make sure he does a neat job.

I am not a music fan (as far as hearing music while driving is concerned). So did not change the speakers that time. Another thing is that changing speakers can be done at any time and it will be DIY job. While taking delivery you can have a feel of the speaker quality using HU they offer with the car and decide if you want to change them. SV and S variants come with a lesser quality speakers where as V and VX come with better ones. For me it is all the same.

The stock tyres are ok but for the road noise that you hear when going on good highways. But with fan at 3 and some music it would be fine. I don't have any ideas of changing them now. may be you too will decide the same after the initial few months.

All the best. Wish you a happy and safe association with City.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 19th December 2014 at 15:14.
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 19:00   #67
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
I went for Sadiego because I wanted to try the Navigation. But my main intent was to have rear view in the dash for which Sandiego has provision.
The Unit costed Rs 25000. the imported facia panel that would hold the Hu costed 4000. The accessories (The SWC - Steering Wheel Control Kit and some connectors costed 3700 + 300 Plus. I paid the guy who did the job about 1500 (If I remember right.). If your dealer does it simply leave it to him as you wont have any warranty issues . But make sure he does a neat job.

I am not a music fan (as far as hearing music while driving is concerned). So did not change the speakers that time. Another thing is that changing speakers can be done at any time and it will be DIY job. While taking delivery you can have a feel of the speaker quality using HU they offer with the car and decide if you want to change them. SV and S variants come with a lesser quality speakers where as V and VX come with better ones. For me it is all the same.

The stock tyres are ok but for the road noise that you hear when going on good highways. But with fan at 3 and some music it would be fine. I don't have any ideas of changing them now. may be you too will decide the same after the initial few months.

All the best. Wish you a happy and safe association with City.
Thanks for your suggestions; I am planning to just get the HU from the dealer. Makes sense to upgrade speakers later if I am not satisified with stock HU.

BTW, I have also booked the same Carnelian Red color and can't wait for delivery. Dealer has promised early Feb, but with Honda ramping up production, I feel that the car might get delivered earlier!

Thanks for your PM as well!
Old 5th February 2015, 13:25   #68
BHPian

Have crossed 6300+. No niggles or any squeaks in side till date (Touch Wood). Had frequent visits to Mayiladuthurai from January (4 times in two months). Gives a good mileage. Due for 3rd service on 13th Feb.

Have ordered Fog Lamp Kit. will fix it once it arrives and keep my views posted. Already due for posting my views on the OBD II purchased. Will do it soon.
Old 10th February 2015, 14:14   #69
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: 3rd Service done

Red Bull was picked up for Third Service on 9th Feb 2015 around 11-00 AM. Came back at 7-00 PM.

I had no complaints and so I just instructed for Tyre rotation and never had any worry till the Service Engineer called up. He to my horror told that there were some areas in the bonnet with some wires got their sleeves removed by rats. The damges should have been done during my frequent visits to Mayiladuthurai in the last two months. So asked him to do something about it and they applied some rodent repellent.

Following jobs were done.

Engine Oil Replaced (4.2 Ltrs)
Engine Oil Filter Replaced
Front and Rear Brakes checked and mechanism Lubricated
Tyre rotation done

Rodent repellent applied
Total bill 3682.

Red Bull is fine as ever. Will drive it for a while and share my impressions about the effects of 3rd service.

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-servicebill3.jpg
Old 20th February 2015, 16:36   #70
BHPian

My view about 3M - OMR Chennai, has made a U - Turn today. I had a not so good experience in August 2014 when I had first given Red Bull for Under Chassis rust prevention. They had offered to do Scotch Guard protection and I had a miss understanding with them as they charged me for 4 Sqft as the minimum charge where as actual work was for less than 1 Sqft in my opinion. Later Mr Srivant of 3M OMR had offered to find places to do the balance job (free of cost) and I rejected the offer as I had done Cq Coating in the mean time. Now after 6 months when my vehicle went for first free inspection of under chassis anti rust coat, Mr Srivant offered to refund the money that 3M OMR had charged extra on Scotch Guard and he did so.

My view about 3M - OMR has changed now totally and here after I wont hesitate to visit them for my future requirements. . It is not just because they refunded the balance but because they refunded it with out my insisting them to do so and even after their repeated attempts to do the balance job and me not accepting it my own reasons. Thank you 3M - OMR. You are very customer friendly! .

The details are in the Link.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post3649073

Last edited by Seran Manian : 20th February 2015 at 16:59.
Old 13th April 2015, 19:07   #71
BHPian

Re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red - 8000 Kms Reached...

Today I returned after a 600 Kms run to my native place. The Odo reads 8008 Kms. Did a thorough wash after returning back. Just attaching two pics...

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-20150413_180044.jpg

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-20150413_180108.jpg

All is going fine as of today. The overall mileage as per system hovers above 21.1 KMPL.
Old 15th February 2016, 18:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you provide some update on you experience with the Blaupunkt SanDiego? How good is the navigation? Also, does the Las Vegas model not offer the rear view in the dash? Thanks in Advance.
Old 15th February 2016, 18:36   #73
BHPian

Hi
I am very happy with Sandiego 530. It gives me free updates atleast once a year. Nothing to beat google maps anyway.
I did a firmware update too last week (update dated 12 dec 2015). Nothing much but for some tweeks.
Lasvagas i have not seen. Will have a look and update.ine has rear view in dash board when i reverse. But for that to happen they take tap from the wiring to get a connection from the reverse gear switch.
Old 6th May 2016, 12:05   #74
SRM
BHPian

Hi Seran Manian.

I am also considering sandiego 530 as one of the options to replace the existing HU in my SX4. Some questions around that:

1. Which maps come with the sandiego 530. Is it from mapmyindia?
2. How is the Bluetooth interface for calls and playing music as that is what I use 99% of the time? While playing music through Bluetooth, does it give a good sound output or the quality gets distorted?
3. You mentioned about free updates once a year. Is that for maps or the sandiego HU software?
4. For the steering wheel controls to be supported, is it required to purchase SWC kit additionally? I thought it should work directly itself by doing the settings in the HU.

Would be really helpful to have your views on the above things. I have already burnt my hands with a local chinese unit once, so just making sure not to repeat my mistake.
Old 6th July 2016, 13:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Hi Seran Manian.

I am also considering sandiego 530 as one of the options to replace the existing HU in my SX4. Some questions around that:

1. Which maps come with the sandiego 530. Is it from mapmyindia?
2. How is the Bluetooth interface for calls and playing music as that is what I use 99% of the time? While playing music through Bluetooth, does it give a good sound output or the quality gets distorted?
3. You mentioned about free updates once a year. Is that for maps or the sandiego HU software?
4. For the steering wheel controls to be supported, is it required to purchase SWC kit additionally? I thought it should work directly itself by doing the settings in the HU.

Would be really helpful to have your views on the above things. I have already burnt my hands with a local chinese unit once, so just making sure not to repeat my mistake.
Very sorry to reply so late SRM. Was off line for a while.

1. TOMTOM Maps

2. I am happy with connectivity and quality of music.

3. For India the updates are free. I have done atleast 4 updates till now.

4. yes you need an SWC kit. It is nothing but an arrangement to connect two different connector types. But then we need to buy. It comes to about 3000 here in Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks