Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 08:15   #16
BHPian

re: Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post

Thanks for the suggestion Vahanam. I am also impressed by the 3D mats you have purchased. I planning to request your help if the dealers in Chennai quote high. yes NAV is still under study, learning things every day. Had a good laugh on reading your comment about bull. Being aged enough I will not allow it to chase people .

Sure. Please PM me if you need any help. 3D mats look very good. And for the run-in use a mix of rpms below 2000.
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 09:40   #17
BHPian

[quote=Seran Manian;3507447]

* No Buttons to Lock the Foot Mats in SV version (Honda is differentiating QUOTE]

The SV does come with the floor mat lock. Mine did not have it and I had the service center fix it up and it was done for free. The provision already exists and it is a matter of putting in the clips. Chase your service center for this.
All such small things shows Honda's new found cheap tactic approach.
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 10:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anil for your comments. Happy to find some one appreciating my reasoning .
Add one more to this list. I too picked the SV (Carnelian Red) for a lot of similar reasons.
And these would be the differencees:
- iVTEC since my estimated running would be 6 to 7K kms an year. Planned ownership timeline is 5 - 6 years, so the petrol is more economical for me and the ~20 HP power advantage with more revs comes as a bonus.
- My last owned vehicle was a 2004 Alto, so almost anything is an upgrade. The basic requirements were 100+ HP and two airbags.
- My choice of probable vehicles were a bit different though, it was the Ford Ecosport with the Ecoboost engine (wait time was 18 months) and the Polo GT TSI (wait time 9 months). Even if they were readily available, the City would have easily swayed me. My wife may have liked the Polo, but fortunately the VW guys were kind of unfriendly and told us that we needed to pay the booking amount if we want to TD the TSI.
- Leg room was not a concern, the expected rear seat occupant for the long runs would be my 11 year old daughter. For the first 10 kms I have to keep switching between Ariana Grade, Taylor Swift and One Direction and then she dozes off saying she shouldn't be disturbed unless we are five minutes to the destination.
- Choice between SV and V was not tax based, I wanted to spend the money on better ICE and way better alloys. For me, Honda's options for these is just too bland.
- I call mine the Reaper because my registration series is "MQ" and there is a 9 somewhere in the number. So if you chose to ignore some of the numbers, there is an MQ-9 which is the designation for the Reaper UAV. And if there is an animal involved I would prefer to do justice to the (albeit courtesy of BMW) shark fin and at one time toyed with idea of getting the white one so that it can be rightfully called the Great White (or Bruce).

Wishing you great rides and looking forward to see how the your mods work and maybe get along with the always helpful Vahanam for the 3D mats.

PS: Mine is due to be picked up for its 1st service tomorrow, 700 on the ODO, all under 80km/4500 RPM. My thanks to Vista_qjd's suggestion above, will have a word with the service folks on this.
sun_king is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 10:55   #19
BHPian

Hi Seran
Congratulations for your new City! Looks fab in red

Quote:

I was heavily inclined in buying SUVs as had not possessed one so far. We also had some basic demands

like...

1. Minimum capacity to seat 5 adults to travel for a minimum of 5 hours.
2. Should have a dead Pedal (My left leg is not so strong as the right one)
3. Good boot space to accommodate our holiday luggage.
4. Light Clutch and reasonable fuel efficiency
5. Dual Head Lamps to enhance highway driving requirements
6. Automatic Climate Control (Just to have some thing better than what I had)
7. Fog Lamps
8. Very good leg space in front and rear.
9. Decent riding comfort for both front and rear occupants
10. Under thigh support.
Just a question, if you wanted a car with good amount of space, why didn't you consider Manza or Sunny/Scala?
Old 19th August 2014, 11:21   #20
BHPian

Thanks for the excellent report,

You got to have lot of courage to change the HU, normally i worry a lot for the warranty from dealers.

As like you i also miss the reverse parking in the SV variant and discussed a lot with Capital Honda technician for fixing the V variant HU (as accessory) in SV variant. So that the Reverse parking camera display can be intergrated in the HU.

They refused it upfront and also said compatability issue, eventhough i dont agree on
that point

when i enquired with dealer for similar setup, i was told that the piano black center fascia will be completely removed and the S variant which has matt black finish and which does not come with OE HU can be used to integrate Blaupankt or other makes,

in your case you have used the Piano black fascia itself to mount the aftermarket kit - great job.

would be interested to know how you fixed the HU after removing the OE Unit, how did you cut out that area,

Do you have any kind of rattling noise in dashboard cause of aftermarket fitment

happy motoring
Old 19th August 2014, 12:21   #21
BHPian

[quote=vista_qjd;3508503]
Quote:

* No Buttons to Lock the Foot Mats in SV version (Honda is differentiating QUOTE]

The SV does come with the floor mat lock. Mine did not have it and I had the service center fix it up and it was done for free. The provision already exists and it is a matter of putting in the clips. Chase your service center for this.
All such small things shows Honda's new found cheap tactic approach.
Oh. Thanks. That is a news to me. I will follow up with the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
Add one more to this list. I too picked the SV (Carnelian Red) for a lot of similar reasons.
And these would be the differencees:
- iVTEC since my estimated running would be 6 to 7K kms an year. Planned ownership timeline is 5 - 6 years, so the petrol is more economical for me and the ~20 HP power advantage with more revs comes as a bonus.
- My last owned vehicle was a 2004 Alto, so almost anything is an upgrade. The basic requirements were 100+ HP and two airbags.
- My choice of probable vehicles were a bit different though, it was the Ford Ecosport with the Ecoboost engine (wait time was 18 months) and the Polo GT TSI (wait time 9 months). Even if they were readily available, the City would have easily swayed me. My wife may have liked the Polo, but fortunately the VW guys were kind of unfriendly and told us that we needed to pay the booking amount if we want to TD the TSI.
- Leg room was not a concern, the expected rear seat occupant for the long runs would be my 11 year old daughter. For the first 10 kms I have to keep switching between Ariana Grade, Taylor Swift and One Direction and then she dozes off saying she shouldn't be disturbed unless we are five minutes to the destination.
- Choice between SV and V was not tax based, I wanted to spend the money on better ICE and way better alloys. For me, Honda's options for these is just too bland.
- I call mine the Reaper because my registration series is "MQ" and there is a 9 somewhere in the number. So if you chose to ignore some of the numbers, there is an MQ-9 which is the designation for the Reaper UAV. And if there is an animal involved I would prefer to do justice to the (albeit courtesy of BMW) shark fin and at one time toyed with idea of getting the white one so that it can be rightfully called the Great White (or Bruce).

Wishing you great rides and looking forward to see how the your mods work and maybe get along with the always helpful Vahanam for the 3D mats.

PS: Mine is due to be picked up for its 1st service tomorrow, 700 on the ODO, all under 80km/4500 RPM. My thanks to Vista_qjd's suggestion above, will have a word with the service folks on this.
Thanks a lot. Nice way to coin a name, may be some BHPian with a white City will use your idea .

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Hi Seran
Congratulations for your new City! Looks fab in red

Just a question, if you wanted a car with good amount of space, why didn't you consider Manza or Sunny/Scala?
Yes I considered them also. Manza was not added as a friend of mine owns it and he was very happy about it except for the engine noise level heard in the cabin. Second point being the Tata Service which is talked about a lot in the forum.
Sunny and Scala ticked many boxes. But two issues I had with them was that, 1. They had the Low rear bench issue (So lesser under thigh support that makes long journeys not to my liking) even though they had ample space in front and rear. 2. They did not have double Head Lights that I needed the most to have better road view at night as I have some issues with me demanding more lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Thanks for the excellent report,

You got to have lot of courage to change the HU, normally i worry a lot for the warranty from dealers.

As like you i also miss the reverse parking in the SV variant and discussed a lot with Capital Honda technician for fixing the V variant HU (as accessory) in SV variant. So that the Reverse parking camera display can be intergrated in the HU.

They refused it upfront and also said compatability issue, eventhough i dont agree on
that point

when i enquired with dealer for similar setup, i was told that the piano black center fascia will be completely removed and the S variant which has matt black finish and which does not come with OE HU can be used to integrate Blaupankt or other makes,

in your case you have used the Piano black fascia itself to mount the aftermarket kit - great job.

would be interested to know how you fixed the HU after removing the OE Unit, how did you cut out that area,

Do you have any kind of rattling noise in dashboard cause of aftermarket fitment

happy motoring
Thanks. In my case the Dealership was courteous enough to allow the technician they used to fix the same HU to fix mine. So no warranty issues. When I enquired about fog lamps they were not in favour of fixing them though.

The Imported Piano Black facia is available with the Dealer as well as market with a pre made cut-out for DIN 2 audio. You have to remove your OEM HU which has a Piano Black or Matt Facia (with HU) and a C-collar that acts like an interface between the Dash and Facia. Then remove the C-Collar and integrate it with the new facia purchased, integrate the HU and fix it back.

Capital Honda has a choice of HUs (Caska as well as Blaupunkt). Both these HUs accept Reverse Cam input. What you need is a Reverse Cam alone or a Reverse Cam Plus RV Sensor unit (that combines both these and gives out a video output that can be shown the HU screen).

In my case the dealer has accepted for all the changes I have done. I had told them clearly that only if they approve it, I will go ahead with the mod and they accepted it.
Old 19th August 2014, 13:56   #22
BHPian

[quote=Seran Manian;3508655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post

The Imported Piano Black facia is available with the Dealer as well as market with a pre made cut-out for DIN 2 audio. You have to remove your OEM HU which has a Piano Black or Matt Facia (with HU) and a C-collar that acts like an interface between the Dash and Facia. Then remove the C-Collar and integrate it with the new facia purchased, integrate the HU and fix it back.

Thanks for the valuable information

Will contact dealer for the Piano black facia,

the reason why i wanted the integrated RP camera is to avoid adding a monitor in the dash which would cause rattling noise at a later data
Old 19th August 2014, 17:52   #23
BHPian

Congrats for the Brand new City and a wonderful review!! U have really taken care to include each and every detail and every picture at all points( including inspection) have been captured to perfection!! Fellow BHP'ians are of great help in clearing doubts and help making decisions!!
I just have one query,I have booked the same color city in Kerala and the onroad cost is Rs.1173806/- for the 'V' diesel model. The cost for 'SV' stands at 1110358/- The difference in ex showroom price of the two models is Rs.57000/- and the difference in Road tax is Rs.5000/- There is a difference of Rs.1000/- in Honda Assure category. So apart from the difference in cost of the vehicle,only a difference of Rs.6000/- is there in taxes+assure. So I guess that makes the 'V' a very good buy as for a difference of Rs.63000/- you get alloys, fog lamps, reverse camera, 5" infotainment system, Crome bars etc etc....
You mentioned a difference of 50000/- bucks in taxes only. Is that due to difference in tax structures in Kerala and Tamil Nadu?

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 19th August 2014, 18:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Congrats for the Brand new City and a wonderful review!! U have really taken care to include each and every detail and every picture at all points( including inspection) have been captured to perfection!! Fellow BHP'ians are of great help in clearing doubts and help making decisions!!
I just have one query,I have booked the same color city in Kerala and the onroad cost is Rs.1173806/- for the 'V' diesel model. The cost for 'SV' stands at 1110358/- The difference in ex showroom price of the two models is Rs.57000/- and the difference in Road tax is Rs.5000/- There is a difference of Rs.1000/- in Honda Assure category. So apart from the difference in cost of the vehicle,only a difference of Rs.6000/- is there in taxes+assure. So I guess that makes the 'V' a very good buy as for a difference of Rs.63000/- you get alloys, fog lamps, reverse camera, 5" infotainment system, Crome bars etc etc....
You mentioned a difference of 50000/- bucks in taxes only. Is that due to difference in tax structures in Kerala and Tamil Nadu?

Thanks DoctorKK. Yes you are absolutely right. It is because of the tax strure in TN. UP TO 10 Lakhs the road tax is 10%, and above that it is 15%. So extra 5%. Had it been the same I too would have loved to have the V version that has 5 inch infotainment system with Rear view cam and two 12 v sockets for rear seaters and fog lamps. Other features such as alloys would have been a bonus. It sure is worth money.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 19th August 2014 at 18:29.
Old 19th August 2014, 18:39   #25
BHPian

Yesterday I went with my father in law to make the final payment of his Celerio. I enquired about this tax thing and they showed me clear written instructions that the tax in Kerala is 10% for vehicles costing upto 10 lacs( ex showroom) and 12% for those above 12 lacs. The tax on 'SV' in Kerala is 85000/- and on 'V' is 90000/- These figures are still not substantiating the tax structure. How can there be a difference of only 5000/- between the two models?
Or is it that the 12% slab is applicable only to the amount in excess of 10 lacs? For eg. For a vehicle costing 11 lacs, normal 10% upto 10 lacs and tax @12% for one lakh. Any clarification?
The difference in tax only being 50000/- is very high and it would be very stupid for anyone to buy the 'V' model in TN when u can easily install accessories worth that amount after buying!!

Old 19th August 2014, 19:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I went with my father in law to make the final payment of his Celerio. I enquired about this tax thing and they showed me clear written instructions that the tax in Kerala is 10% for vehicles costing upto 10 lacs( ex showroom) and 12% for those above 12 lacs. The tax on 'SV' in Kerala is 85000/- and on 'V' is 90000/- These figures are still not substantiating the tax structure. How can there be a difference of only 5000/- between the two models?
Or is it that the 12% slab is applicable only to the amount in excess of 10 lacs? For eg. For a vehicle costing 11 lacs, normal 10% upto 10 lacs and tax @12% for one lakh. Any clarification?
The difference in tax only being 50000/- is very high and it would be very stupid for anyone to buy the 'V' model in TN when u can easily install accessories worth that amount after buying!!
I guess you got confused between petrol and diesel variants. An SV with only 85000 as tax means it can only be the petrol variant. Seran is talking about the diesel version of the City. The SV and Petrol variant's ex-showroom price come under the 10 lakhs bracket while for the Diesel its on either sides of the 10L(SV iDTEC < 10L and V iDTEC >10L) hence the substantial change in road tax.

In Bangalore too it is about 50K difference in tax for the iDTEC SV and V models. Add this to the 55K+ ex-showroom price difference, you have 1 lakhs+ of cash to invest for spicing up the SV if you wish.

Last edited by sun_king : 19th August 2014 at 20:13.
Old 19th August 2014, 22:41   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Manian , wishing you miles of safe and trouble free ownership. Great job with the accessories, they look sweet and completely transformed the look of the interior! Get a set of alloy wheels for the car and it would look smashing.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 19th August 2014 at 22:42.
Old 20th August 2014, 07:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you got confused between petrol and diesel variants. An SV with only 85000 as tax means it can only be the petrol variant. Seran is talking about the diesel version of the City. The SV and Petrol variant's ex-showroom price come under the 10 lakhs bracket while for the Diesel its on either sides of the 10L(SV iDTEC < 10L and V iDTEC >10L) hence the substantial change in road tax.

In Bangalore too it is about 50K difference in tax for the iDTEC SV and V models. Add this to the 55K+ ex-showroom price difference, you have 1 lakhs+ of cash to invest for spicing up the SV if you wish.

Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408498835.509944.jpg I hope this pic clears everything.

Old 20th August 2014, 07:17   #29
BHPian

This is the price list from Perfect honda, Trivandrum
Attached Thumbnails
Red Bull: Honda City i-DTEC SV, Carnelian Red-1408499187192.jpg  

Old 20th August 2014, 08:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
They charge 15% of the total amount when the ex-showroom price crosses 10L, that is why I had mentioned that they charge 50000+ extra. Any one will be happy with charges payable to Honda for the difference between SV and V. But TN takes away 5% of the total cost in addition to 10% which I felt was a penalty that was unwarranted. Another thing is that, there is a VAT of 14.5 already there in the Ex-showroom price. what we pay is named as RTO Tax and that is the one we are talking about. The Original cost of Honda SV iDTEC is only 854061. Add 14.5% VAT it comes to 977900. Then add 15% RTO Tax, Insurance, Extended Warranty and RSA.
Quote:

You are right. He has referred to the Petrol SV I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Congratulations Manian , wishing you miles of safe and trouble free ownership. Great job with the accessories, they look sweet and completely transformed the look of the interior! Get a set of alloy wheels for the car and it would look smashing.
Thanks for your wishes. Glad to see that you like the the mods job done. Yes I am also tempted by that, but I have put a bar on the limit of mods as of now. I loved your quote "THE ONLY ARDENT RELATIONSHIP ON EARTH IS WITH YOUR AUTOMOBILE".

Last edited by Seran Manian : 20th August 2014 at 08:58.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks