Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 01:41   #16
BHPian

Re: American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel

Hello Samrat. Excellent review there buddy. Congrats for your Ecosport and saw your videos in YouTube as well. Cool off roading videos there buddy. Wishing you many more happy miles ahead buddy.
Aniruthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 16:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
Your thread has helped me a lot to choose between EcoSport and other competitors . Please post some update as well.
Glad that it helped. You should make one for your ride also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Cool off roading videos there buddy. Wishing you many more happy miles ahead buddy.
Thanks ! Ecosport is not meant for offroading actually, it's more of a comfy highway cruiser which is more practical for bad Indian roads than a normal sedan in this price range and loaded with decent equipment & safety features

Well its been a while since i updated this thread. Crossed 20k mark few weeks back and got her serviced from Ganges Ford Topsia workshop where i did all my previous servicing (2.5 & 10 K). Here's my experience:

+ My car developed few minor rattles after all the highway trips. Also that solid "thud" while closing doors were missing. These were taken care of during the service. They have a guy dedicated for fixing these sound issues. He is present in workshop on all days except Sunday.

+ It took around 5 hours to service my car including time taken to fix the rattles. Their customer lounge is nice, however the quality of lunch served in their canteen sucks bigtime.

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20151214_145542.jpg

- Car was not properly cleaned, it had watermarks & grease in many areas at the time of delivery. Kaikan ford workshop @ chetla does an great job when it comes to cleaning while delivering their car.

- The service advisor seems to be trained how to overcharge customers at the time of billing. Although Ford maintains a chart on the cost involved for periodic service intervals, they seem to add extras by default without letting us know in the first place. For 20k service, Ford recommends 4.5k, however they said it will cost 5.6k. Only after inquiring i found he was quoting with extras. The SA said 4.5k doesn't include alignment & balancing which i said will do from outside. Also cost of grease is extra (charged me around 200rs for this) They also added 2x wiper fluid just like they did @10k service and i already have one extra pouch lying at home. In previous visits also they continuously nagged me to do under body painting from them and now this.

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20151214_115520.jpg

- As many of you must have seen, after every service Ford gives a vehicle report card showing condition of important parts of the car like battery, brake, tyres etc. However they are for the sake of formality only. It happened in 10k service and now again, they filled up the chart with some random values. My tyre tread depth have increased from 10k (left) - 20k (right). They are also supposed to set tyre pressure to Ford recommended one (30psi) which didn't happen. I checked pressure in a nearby pump and found out. They must have faked the status of all other components which i couldn't check. Such a shame ! I don't think i will be able to trust them anymore.

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20151227_150228.jpg

- When my car was around 12k km, i did alignment and tyre rotation which they also messed up. The technicians dont know how to rotate the tyres. They said they will do it cyclic way. When i gave them the chart, they stared at me and some started behaving badly. I finally managed to do the 5 tyre rotation after all their grumbling. It seems as if i am doing it for free.

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img20150610wa0004.jpg

That being said, all is not bad with Ganges. I have very nice experience with their body work department. The quality of repairs is very nice compared to Kaikan ford & their workshop is well equipped & larger which is why i keep going back to them.

There are also some major issues with Sync:
  • The whole unit will hang if i get a whatsapp call. I need to make a normal call to my phone to reset.
  • Every time i turn off text message notifications for privacy reasons, it manages to pop up.
  • The system clock seems to get slow after few months.
I wonder why Ford doesn't release an update to fix these glitches, given ES is such a popular car & there are so many people who are affected by these bugs.

Let me close this post with few shots of her taken @Puri this Christmas weekend.
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20151224_115034.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20151224_115109.jpg

Last edited by Samfromindia : 27th December 2015 at 16:58.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 20:59   #18
BHPian

Scarlett recently completed 22222 Km

Notice the external temperature also
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-1.jpg

Tried my luck detailing her myself for the first time:

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20160109_123352.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20160110_121004.jpg

More info on the following posts:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-639.html#post3887812

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-640.html#post3888772

Also found that the advertised 200mm ground clearance is actually a myth. The minimum GC is around the sump guard and it's measured at 135mm

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-08-sump.jpg

More details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3892111

Last edited by Samfromindia : 16th January 2016 at 21:01.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 01:11   #19
BHPian

Wonder thread, read through your service experience and it's a shame they pushed unnecessary things like alignment etc. How many km's have you clocked so far? how's the car performing and what are the updates on service experience?
createrkid is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 03:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Wonder thread, read through your service experience and it's a shame they pushed unnecessary things like alignment etc. How many km's have you clocked so far? how's the car performing and what are the updates on service experience?
I have clocked 28.5K so far, will probably reach the 30K mark next month and it will be time for servicing again. Car is performing pretty good, did multiple road trips and never faced any problems. However the rattles fixed during last service seem to come back again after 5K kms. They are not major and you will only notice if the cabin is quiet and you are cruising on a highway without much outside noise, but it's still a bother. Sharing some pics of the road trips i have done with her:

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2014_10_03_mandarmani.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2014_12_23_digha.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2014_12_30_maithon.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_02_22_bakkhali.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_04_17_joypur-bishnupur.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_05_02_iskon.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_06_05_darjeeling.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_07_11_mukutmanipur.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_11_08_108-shiv-mandir.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_12_12_santiniketan.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2015_12_23_puri.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2016_02_20_sundarbans.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2016_03_26_ayodhya.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2016_04_08_tarapith.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 14:32   #21
BHPian

Lovely pictures Sam. I'm in a new car dilemma right now hence the questions :-). I've looked at the ecosport thoroughly but I am also awed by the Honda Jazz. Both are in consideration as of now.
createrkid is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 15:20   #22
BHPian

Nice pictolog, enjoyed it thoroughly. At the guilt of sounding pedantic the Ecosport has nothing to do with America except the name Ford.

It was made in Brazil for the South American market and flopped in Europe got sent to Asia/India. now it's made in Brazil, India, Vietnam and Russia. It's an hatchback on stilts.

All the above aside, it's popular here and considering our traffic conditions and roads pretty much built for India.

Happy journeys Sam and please keep on blogging.
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 16:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Lovely pictures Sam. I'm in a new car dilemma right now hence the questions :-). I've looked at the ecosport thoroughly but I am also awed by the Honda Jazz. Both are in consideration as of now.
Both are good in their own way. I have seen the new Jazz and liked it a lot too. Hope you have got your new ride by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
Nice pictolog, enjoyed it thoroughly. At the guilt of sounding pedantic the Ecosport has nothing to do with America except the name Ford.

It was made in Brazil for the South American market and flopped in Europe got sent to Asia/India. now it's made in Brazil, India, Vietnam and Russia. It's an hatchback on stilts.

All the above aside, it's popular here and considering our traffic conditions and roads pretty much built for India.

Happy journeys Sam and please keep on blogging.
Thanks ! Its true Ecosport has nothing to do with America or the radically different market out there, but it has got some if not all Ford DNA like nice handling & dynamics as per crossover standards in this price range. This car will appeal to developing nations like India & Brazil and not in developed countries where they have much better options and economy is different altogether. Same can be said for many C segment sedans which are hatches with boot of cars sold in US like Honda City based on Honda Fit/Jazz, Ford Fiesta etc.

My car will complete 2 years next month and its time for insurance renewal. As usual i found renewing the HDFC ERGO to be most bang for the buck, and they have some great benefits like 5 times zero dep claims/year opposed to 2 times claim which most other insurers offer. thay also have cashless claim settlement option in both the Ford workshops in my city. Attaching the screenshot of the quote which readers of this post may find useful. Interestingly, taking the insurance from agent worked out to be a little cheaper than buying online, both while taking for 2nd year and also for renewing 3rd year. Future online insurance buyers take note and compare before buying a online insurance policy

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-1.jpg
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Scarlett recently completed 22222 Km

Notice the external temperature also
Attachment 1461760

Also found that the advertised 200mm ground clearance is actually a myth. The minimum GC is around the sump guard and it's measured at 135mm

Attachment 1461769

More details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3892111
Lovely Review Samratda.
However this 200mm GC thing is quite surprising. Infact if the ES gives 135mm of GC as per your pic then what should be my old gen figo's GC i wonder.
I think we should rethink on this GC part before buying a car.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 15:39   #25
BHPian

Almost 2 years have passed since i updated this thread. A lot of things happened in between:

The ODO climbed to 60,000 Km.

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_3931.jpg

New places got added to the road trips list

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2016_05_29_tajpur.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2016_10_07_vizag.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2017_01_22_dooars.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2017_06_17_dalma.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2017_07_01_mandarmani.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2017_12_26_sikkim.jpg

More TeamBHP meets !

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_1297.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_3419.jpg

I relocated to Pune

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_04_09_pune.jpg

Well this is my 300th post on TeamBhp. I am sure more posts will follow as the number of Kms on my car. I will be updating more details on my ownership experiences shortly.
Old 5th August 2019, 04:17   #26
BHPian

Well well well. Bumping this thread after a year and four months ! But today is special.

She turned 5 !
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_20140806_233234.jpg

It had been an effortless journey so far. I am very happy and plan to keep her as long as i can. Will request admins to move this thread under Long-Term Ownership Reviews So here's all what happened:

Bong Bombshell to Marathi Mulgi!
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_7564.jpg

Did multiple road trips with her in Maharashtra
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_09_08_lonavla.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_09_30_lavasa.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_11_10_sinhagad.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_11_24_matheran.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_12_02_pune.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_12_24_goa.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-2018_12_28_mumbai.jpg

Devkund
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-vyps0794.jpg

TeamBHP Mumbai - Pune Meet
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-dsc_0033.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-20190302-12.14.50.jpg

Ecosport Meet @ Panchgani
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_9670.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_9669.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_9671.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-dji_0065.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-tinyplanet_pano_20190714_11590601.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-_sc_0081.jpg

American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-_sc_0122.jpg

+ Changed OEM wipers to Bosch ClearAdvantage:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4457000 (The 'Wiper Blade' Thread)

+ Installed TPMS
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...olar-tpms.html (The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS)

+ Changed battery to Amaron 55Ah
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4446799 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)

+ Changed OEM MRF ZV2K tyres to Michelin Primacy 4 ST !
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

+ HDFC Ergo didn't offer me zero dep insurance for 6th year. So changed to IFFCO TOKIO which offered me zero dep for 6th year @15K for 5.5L IDV

+ My 5th year warranty finally expired. But managed to replace climate control sensor which was creating noise and fix gear shift issue while slotting to 3rd gear under warranty in 5th year.

+The sunglass holder got broken and had to replace that with a new unit.
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_9633.jpg

Detailed by Aquatint !
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...ml#post4461747 (Detailing Studio - Aquatint (Pune))
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_7698.jpg

Posing in front of my Pune home
American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel-img_7701.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2019 at 12:20. Reason: edited
Samfromindia is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks