Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 10:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
This is one part I am not too pleased with the new polo, it doesn't look premium, would have preferred a piano black finish, maybe the GT twins will have Piano black, I hope so.
Hi,

I think it does look premium. The black on trendline & comfortline is not the same as black portion of Highline.

The steering in its new Avatar provide the required luxury feel, duly supported with black & beige around.

Yes the absence of back-light on ICE is disappointing.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:34   #32
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
DWC, congrats on your new car!
Thanks. My philosophy is simple, if you believe something bad is going to happen to you, then it will. I don't focus on all the horror stories, I focus my energies on all the love stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Yes the absence of back-light on ICE is disappointing.
Are you referring to the highline? The ICE has a red backlight in the highline. As does the climate control. Since they changed the MFD to white, I was hoping that all the other interior lights would also change, but nah.
DWC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 11:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Thanks for the tip guys. I'm more than happy with the stock lights on the car. I find the throw of the beams to be very adequate. Maybe the newer cars are better equipped? Maybe after the dismal beam of the Santro, this seems heaven sent.
Maybe bhpians are referring to the pre-2014 Polo with the H4 bulbs?

Current headlights(the 1.5 tdi series) are dual barrel ones with good road illumination, though it doesn't give daylight effect like that of Indica Vista.
Old 12th September 2014, 19:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I think it does look premium. The black on trendline & comfortline is not the same as black portion of Highline.
I didn't get this part wanderers, I am referring to the brushed aluminium on the center console which looks tacky and Chinese to me (not a big deal anyways, just an observation) in an other wise premium hatch, is there a complete black option, I think Piano Black is for the twins.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 12th September 2014 at 19:53.
s_pphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 20:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase! Fantastic color i must add - would have loved to have it myself but VW GT TDi had limited color options.

I have noted the panel gap on the corners of the hatch of my car as well. So I think it is common. Strange though as the panel gaps in other areas are pretty consistent.

Ditto about the dealership exp. Here in Kerala too, my dealer tried to play around with the NCB from my old insurance policy.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 13th September 2014, 19:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. The cornering lights come one automatically whenever the indicator is activated and the steering wheel is turned. So yes, they do work!
My bad, probably I did not put it explicitly - are they any good as in practical use?

Cheers!
Old 14th September 2014, 00:26   #37
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrats on your new purchase! Fantastic color i must add - would have loved to have it myself but VW GT TDi had limited color options.

I have noted the panel gap on the corners of the hatch of my car as well. So I think it is common. Strange though as the panel gaps in other areas are pretty consistent.

Ditto about the dealership exp. Here in Kerala too, my dealer tried to play around with the NCB from my old insurance policy.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Thanks Shibu. Did you book a new GT TDI for yourself? Did not expect panel gaps from a company that prides itself in attention to detail. I try not to sweat the small stuff though, the engine makes up for everything IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by void_001 View Post
My bad, probably I did not put it explicitly - are they any good as in practical use?

Cheers!
Nah, not really. The throw of the beams are quite sufficient.
Old 14th September 2014, 14:51   #38

Hi,

Try using a box spanner. Don't try the screw.

Regards
Pattam1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 00:12   #39
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattam1234 View Post
Hi,

Try using a box spanner. Don't try the screw.

Regards
Tried the Torx head screw, didn't work. Will try a box spanner. If this also doesn't work, i'll take it to my local mechanic, i'm sure he'll figure it out.
Old 17th September 2014, 19:21   #40
DWC
BHPian

Had some work in Navi Mumbai today, so decided to stop by the 3M Car Care center at Seawood. Got all the plasticy bits around the pillars and on the ORVM wrapped in a black carbon fiber wrap. Very happy with the work, there's good attention to detail and the service was good too. They even removed a cigarette burn from the headliner, washed the mats, vacuumed the cabin area and wiped down the car for free. Total cost of wrap @ 390 per sq. ft. was Rs. 3071, all inclusive. Will post some pictures when the light is better.

Have ordered for 2 cans of Plasti Dip for my rims and badging. Can't wait till it gets here!
Old 18th September 2014, 12:21   #41
DWC
BHPian

Here are a few pictures of the wrap. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-photo-1-1.jpg  

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-photo-2.jpg  

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-photo-3.jpg  

Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI-photo-4.jpg  

DWC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 12:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Looks awesome DWC !
Did you get it done for the rear spoiler( above the windshield also) ?
Old 18th September 2014, 12:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at the new Polo, the more I feel how good this car really is. There is no real weakness with the product that I can think of except for may be after sales.
The engine is good, the interiors are good, it looks good, the quality is great and so is the ride and handling and the brand.
Congrats on the car. Looks smashing.
Old 18th September 2014, 13:04   #44
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Looks awesome DWC !
Did you get it done for the rear spoiler( above the windshield also) ?
I was contemplating wrapping the rear spoiler, but decided against it. I'm sure it will look good, but wrapping the roof and the spoiler will look awesome. So im probably gonna do that somewhere down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The more I look at the new Polo, the more I feel how good this car really is. There is no real weakness with the product that I can think of except for may be after sales.
The engine is good, the interiors are good, it looks good, the quality is great and so is the ride and handling and the brand.
Congrats on the car. Looks smashing.
Thanks buddy, the car sure is a pleasure to drive. One weakness is the long throw of the clutch and its also a little hard. Will be a pain to drive in stop-go traffic. Apart from that, the car is a stonker! Was chatting with someone in 3M yesterday when the car was getting wrapped. He has an E-class, an Innova and a Polo, and given a choice he would drive the Polo given the ride and build quality it offers. Now that sure does say something.
DWC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 13:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks quite elegant DWC.

My first car (07' Santro) was in a similar shade and it really looked something else. I am so happy that VW have given this shade, considering the fact that Punto does not come with this anymore.

Very subtle and thought about mods only look good for this color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks