Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 11:52   #136
BHPian

Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

So a quick question. Has anyone tried adding a fuel tank additive, like the ones you get at 3M Car Care, to the X3 fuel system? Is it recommended?
Old 15th February 2016, 12:08   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So a quick question. Has anyone tried adding a fuel tank additive, like the ones you get at 3M Car Care, to the X3 fuel system? Is it recommended?
But why do you want to add those additives? I doubt it would make a difference on a new car like yours. Maybe after a few years.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 21:02   #138
Team-BHP Support

So the X3 is now at 16.5k kms, going strong as ever. In the beginning I was doubtful of this being as solid as the E series cars in terms of build. But besides 1 or 2 tiny noises (from the rear boot cover), it feels just like the day I got it. Surprisingly I still don't feel the need to add something like a power kit, and it feels quick enough. That said I will definitely add the power kit when BMW releases it again.

Planning on painting the plastic bits on the bumpers body colour. Plastic just looks bad with the hard water in Bombay, and turns white-ish. Paint will be easier to maintain, instead of having to apply a coat of tyre shine every 2 weeks to restore the black.

Brake pads don't seem to be anywhere near their life, even though I was under the impression they would be wearing out near 20k kms. Looks like they are just about halfway through their life.

Lastly I don't think I will end up with BSI on this vehicle, will just extend the warranty.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 08:45   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Surprisingly I still don't feel the need to add something like a power kit, and it feels quick enough. That said I will definitely add the power kit when BMW releases it again.
I received an email from BMW just yesterday about "Original BMW accessories for your X3". The link led me to an 'accessory finder' where I found this.
Attached Thumbnails
XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-powerkit.jpg  

Old 30th March 2016, 10:27   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I received an email from BMW just yesterday about "Original BMW accessories for your X3". The link led me to an 'accessory finder' where I found this.
Oh its been 'released' for over a year. Just that not a single person worldwide has got delivery of the power kit. BMW hasn't really started sending it out, for reasons only known to them. In fact it even disappeared from the parts catalogue in the middle. Apparently it will be out soon though.
Old 14th May 2016, 00:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

Had a relatively long drive in a X3 at the rear seat. Had great expectation but was disappointed, under thigh support in the rear seat is pretty poor. The floor is also high and you sit with knees up position.

I just went through two reviews here in Team-bhp, none of them mentions about the back seats.

Maybe the people who bought these seldom sit at the back .

What is your opinion about the rear seat comfort?
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 00:47   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Had a relatively long drive in a X3 at the rear seat. Had great expectation but was disappointed, under thigh support in the rear seat is pretty poor. The floor is also high and you sit with knees up position.

I just went through two reviews here in Team-bhp, none of them mentions about the back seats.

A friend sold his Passat to a guy who owns a 3series coz buyer wanted a a car that was more comfortable at the rear. 3 series etc is not for getting chauffeured around.

Now the q, C is better?
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 10:44   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Had a relatively long drive in a X3 at the rear seat. Had great expectation but was disappointed,
under thigh support in the rear seat is pretty poor. The floor is also high and you sit with knees up position.
You are absolutely correct. Back seat is typically SUVish stance.

The fact is that globally BMW's are never bought for the rear seat, except maybe the 7 Serues. It is essentially a drivers car. For back seat, there are much better options available in the market.

If back seat comfort is important, then sedan's are a much better choice.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 11:35   #144
BHPian

Quote:

Being an X3 owner since last 2.5 yrs I can say that your observations for the back seat is spot on. My old folks grudgingly seat in them over long drives. But in all this I always have a smile plastered on my face in the driver's seat.

The back seat are lower to the front seat. Hence you'll be keens up all the time. Only saving grace with me is that my parents are relatively short in stature and they don't mind it. But if I'm with the driver I never seat in the back. I'm in the co-passenger seat always. I guess the thing with BMWs is that their sole purpose of existence is centered around driving experience and everything aiding it. Rest everything comes second.
abs182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 20:49   #145
BHPian

Hi akshay, I wanted to ask a question, are you able to stream music through bluetooth? I am not able to or maybe I don't know the steps.

Last edited by bblost : 4th June 2016 at 22:22. Reason: Please type with proper usage of capital and lower case letters.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:48   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Have just ordered these LED fogs for the X3. Expect them to reach in a week, and will then get them installed.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/78719...n-led-fog-lamp
Hey Akshay, wanted to know how are these LEDs for the fog lights? Can you post a picture of the X3 with the fog lights on?

I too hate the fact that these cars come with HIDs but with yellow fog lamps. Would appreciate a picture.
Thanks!

Luv.
Old 27th July 2016, 16:37   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
Hey Akshay, wanted to know how are these LEDs for the fog lights? Can you post a picture of the X3 with the fog lights on?

I too hate the fact that these cars come with HIDs but with yellow fog lamps. Would appreciate a picture.
Thanks!

Luv.
Hey so these are still unused. I tried putting them on the X3, but being LEDs the heatsink on the rear of the bulb was large and the foglamp assembly didn't fit back in. Then tried them on the CLS but the can bus kept detecting a fused bulb, even after using error cancellers.

Now they're just lying with me. May put them on the Yeti or put them up for sale on the classifieds.
Old 27th July 2016, 19:41   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Hey so these are still unused. I tried putting them on the X3, but being LEDs the heatsink on the rear of the bulb was large and the foglamp assembly didn't fit back in. Then tried them on the CLS but the can bus kept detecting a fused bulb, even after using error cancellers.
My thoughts exactly. When I checked out the link that you had shared, I was thinking that if these fit in directly without any hassles then it sure is an awesome thing to go for.

P.S.- Man, I couldn't find any thread on your 63. Are there any or is it WIP?

Luv.
Old 8th August 2016, 09:17   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
My thoughts exactly. When I checked out the link that you had shared, I was thinking that if these fit in directly without any hassles then it sure is an awesome thing to go for.

P.S.- Man, I couldn't find any thread on your 63. Are there any or is it WIP?

Luv.
I actually thought they would fit. Didn't expect the heat sink to be so much larger than a normal bulb.

The 63? I haven't even started
Old 16th September 2016, 09:24   #150
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So the X3 is now at 16.5k kms, going strong as ever.
Hi! I have a Pre LCI X3 30d F25 at end of tyre life. Did you feel the RFT age. Do you see value in changing to Tubeless tyres. I like going over speed bumps and rough patches at speed. The front tyres thud through them quite a bit and am considering front Tyres being tubeless. I have a space saver kit. Currently have Pirelli P0s in original 245/50 R18 size.

Your take? Sidewall strength going down? Saw your thread on the topic but couldn't conclude.

Last edited by ACM : 16th September 2016 at 09:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks