Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2016, 13:07   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Hi! I have a Pre LCI X3 30d F25 at end of tyre life. Did you feel the RFT age. Do you see value in changing to Tubeless tyres. I like going over speed bumps and rough patches at speed. The front tyres thud through them quite a bit and am considering front Tyres being tubeless. I have a space saver kit. Currently have Pirelli P0s in original 245/50 R18 size.

Your take? Sidewall strength going down? Saw your thread on the topic but couldn't conclude.
When did you get it, I wasn't aware - Nice choice!

I am definitely going to change to tubeless. The suspension is stiff, and changing to tubeless will help with the bumps and thuds at lower speeds. But yes I will have to be a bit more careful over larger bumps. 50 profile is enough to not really be worried even with tubeless.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 13:34   #152
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
When did you get it, I wasn't aware - Nice choice!

I am definitely going to change to tubeless. The suspension is stiff, and changing to tubeless will help with the bumps and thuds at lower speeds. But yes I will have to be a bit more careful over larger bumps. 50 profile is enough to not really be worried even with tubeless.
They (Infinity Motors) are telling me that warranty would be void incase there is a tyre failure in tubeless tyre as that would impact the suspension more compared to Runflats.

While logically plausible is this the current warranty rule at BMW.
Old 17th September 2016, 21:31   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
They (Infinity Motors) are telling me that warranty would be void incase there is a tyre failure in tubeless tyre as that would impact the suspension more compared to Runflats.

While logically plausible is this the current warranty rule at BMW.
In case of a tyre failure they would both do similar amounts of harm to the suspension. With a tubeless you would stop driving immediately, but with a runflat you could keep driving a while. Therefor the suspension has to bear the brunt of driving for kilometers with no air cushion. So I think in any situation the runflats are worse on the suspension.

My suggest is change to tubeless if you want, more than likely the dealer will not even notice the change.
Old 18th September 2016, 17:07   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am definitely going to change to tubeless.
I am also thinking on these lines. The only advantage now is that I don't bother to carry the space saver, but if I go to tubeless, I will have to live with the monster at the back of the car permanently.

Quote:
My suggest is change to tubeless if you want, more than likely the dealer will not even notice the change.
I agree, unless you bring it up, they won't even notice. Besides, the non RFT should technically be easier for the suspension as it will absorb more shocks due to less stiff side wall. But Manufacturers generally use the filmiest of excuses to deny warranty coverage. Anyways, I doub't they will cover the suspension under warranty after a certain number of kilometers as it shocks are a wear and tear item.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 00:19   #155
BHPian

So am in Bangalore and looking at a used x3 30d - it is registered in Aug 2014 but is a June 2011 manufactured car as per the VIN reports (bmw Decoder website)

What is going on here? Is it a dealer / test drive car?

Last edited by vivekrvcse : 1st November 2016 at 00:22.
Old 2nd November 2016, 09:41   #156
BHPian

Quote:
So here is a picture of the steering. The paddles should be working tomorrow with one last bit of wiring sorted out.
That looks so pretty, Would you know if the Paddles can be added to our car as well? It's a big sore thumb not having it.

Have miles and miles of happy driving it's lovely to see how active you are on your cars.

God bless,

Last edited by Eddy : 24th November 2016 at 15:33.
MercedesGirl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:41   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
So am in Bangalore and looking at a used x3 30d - it is registered in Aug 2014 but is a June 2011 manufactured car as per the VIN reports (bmw Decoder website)

Most likely this may be display car or a car which was lying in some yard for a considerable amount of time before being disposed off. In most of the cases, the first buyer gets huge discounts on the ex-showroom price of such a 'new' car. If you are serious about buying this car, consider this as a car of 2011 vintage and make your offer.
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:11   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post

Hi, so if you had checked the vin online it would certainly show you the date when the CKD kit was produced. The actual assembly would be a couple months later (as much as 6 months later). Does the vehicle have navigation or a reverse camera?

What is the price you are getting? I think another bhpian was considering this very car, and then backed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesGirl View Post
That looks so pretty, Would you know if t he Paddles can be added to our car as well? It's a big sore thumb not having it.

Have miles and miles of happy driving it's lovely to see how active you are on your cars.

God bless,
Thank you. Absolutely. Paddles can be added to almost any BMW, with varying complexity in terms of what needs to be done.

I have this itch to keep doing something or the other to one of the cars. It keeps me busy!
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 01:10   #159
BHPian

Quote:
I have this itch to keep doing something or the other to one of the cars. It keeps me busy!
Next Visit to Mumbai, Please do see my car and hopefully you come up with gorgeous 'Itchy' Ideas for it? It is something I want to preserve for my daughter so hopefully will hand it to her in the finest way 21 years later god willing!
MercedesGirl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 16:46   #160
BHPian

This is a white x3 30d which is 35000 kms done. Is it possibly the same car? Would you know why the bhpian backed out?

Quote:
Hi, so if you had checked the vin online it would certainly show you the date when the CKD kit was produced. The actual assembly would be a couple months later (as much as 6 months later). Does the vehicle have navigation or a reverse camera?

What is the price you are getting? I think another bhpian was considering this very car, and then backed out.

Last edited by vivekrvcse : 6th November 2016 at 16:48.
Old 27th February 2024, 13:19   #161
BHPian

Moderator Akshay has done some grave injustice to all of us BHP-ians by not keeping us updated on the whereabouts of this beast. The last post this thread saw with an update from his side was almost eight years ago. A lot has changed since then. His life may have gotten in the way of keeping this thread updated over all these years, but his passion for this car, in particular, was undeterred. It has been built by him to quite a high level since.

First of many upcoming updates: As of 18th February 2024, I am the new owner of this very car. I consider myself very lucky to have acquired this beast. And boy, a beast she is; the perfect successor to my 2013 BMW (F20) 116i | 230 BHP + 330 Nm in a true (READ:RWD) Hot Hatchback.

You can expect a complete build breakdown of all that has been done to her, what she looks like and maybe a few videos for you to hear what she sounds like.

My write-up is almost done. I must click some nice pictures to accompany my initial ownership report/review. Once I have those, I will post them here for your delectation.

Watch this space for more!

Best Regards,
Akash

Last edited by n:CorE : 27th February 2024 at 13:20.
n:CorE is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks