Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 20:13   #61
BHPian

re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Here is a teaser. The grilles were mistakenly not painted totally black, only the slats, so it now looks like the 20d grilles. That will be corrected next week probably.
The cops don't hassle you with the IND plates?
Old 1st November 2014, 21:01   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
The cops don't hassle you with the IND plates?
Well technically they're not IND anymore. Though no cops harass for IND plates. They had gone all out for IND plate manufacturers and not cars which have them.
Old 1st November 2014, 21:02   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Well technically they're not IND anymore. Though no cops harass for IND plates. They had gone all out for IND plate manufacturers and not cars which have them.
Perfect, because I want a set for my bimmer. It's a pity the RTO is so difficult with giving out the high security plates officially.
Old 1st November 2014, 21:04   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Perfect, because I want a set for my bimmer. It's a pity the RTO is so difficult with giving out the high security plates officially.
Its not difficult, but its impossible to get IND plates from the RTOs here since its not been started at all in MH. But yup these look much better than the dealer sets.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 21:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Its not difficult, but its impossible to get IND plates from the RTOs here since its not been started at all in MH. But yup these look much better than the dealer sets.
Can you PM me the cost so I know how much $$$ to take tomorrow? :P
Old 1st November 2014, 21:09   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you PM me the cost so I know how much $$$ to take tomorrow? :P
A set of IND/Embossed plates will cost you 1000 per pair + 200 for 2 frames (I only have a frame at the rear, stuck the front on with 3M tape). Good quality IND plates are still tough to get, but embossed should be available easily.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 21:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
A set of IND/Embossed plates will cost you 1000 per pair + 200 for 2 frames (I only have a frame at the rear, stuck the front on with 3M tape). Good quality IND plates are still tough to get, but embossed should be available easily.
Ah. I'll be going out to Milan Subway.. There should be something decent there, hopefully..

EDIT: Also completely forgot to tell ya, that's one mean looking X3.

Last edited by Stiggy : 1st November 2014 at 21:20.
Stiggy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 22:03   #68
BHPian

Hi Akshay good to know that you took the car for an overdue long trip to goa. Even I was pleasantly surprised at the touring capabilities of the x3. Even fully laden the car's a breeze to drive on decent Indian highways.

Further I to was frustrated by the x3 ability to scrape near by objects. It took me a while to understand that you won't be able to feel a scratch in progress at all in this car unless you're full attention. I find the flared rear wheel arches especially vulnerable while parking and navigating tight spots. No wonder my driver managed to scrape one side in the first couple of months.

What I wanted to know was how much did the paint job cost you at the showroom? I feel the showroom quoted me a bomb to remove a couple of scrapes and dings and hence with a heavy heart am driving the car all wounded everyday. Plus I don't know whether a local paint and dent shop will do an up to date job with such a cara since the color and everything else will be difficult for them to source. What's your take on it?

Finally the car is looking menacing and will await further tinkering by you.
Old 25th November 2014, 15:46   #69
Team-BHP Support

Here are slightly better pics of the X3 now -
Attached Thumbnails
XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1239.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1240.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1241.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 01:01   #70

Congrats on your new ride !. Nice snaps. Best looking X3 model so far.

Not sure about the "truth" of the matter. But laying it out anyway. Was talking to a friend of mine who is a lawyer (Kerala) the other day. He mentioned that a notice was sent to bmw/dealer for charging exhorbitant repair charges (around 12 lakhs). It so happened that the owner drove the car through flood waters (flooded road, I believe) and it stalled. He cranked it in the hope of restarting it - but it wouldn't. Was towed to the dealer and the dealer says if he hadn't cranked it after it stalled the damage would've been limited; but since he cranked it, the damage is more. Vehicle is with the dealer waiting for the parts to arrive from germany.
Old 27th November 2014, 12:53   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rintu View Post
Congrats on your new ride !. Nice snaps. Best looking X3 model so far.

Not sure about the "truth" of the matter. But laying it out anyway. Was talking to a friend of mine who is a lawyer (Kerala) the other day. He mentioned that a notice was sent to bmw/dealer for charging exhorbitant repair charges (around 12 lakhs). It so happened that the owner drove the car through flood waters (flooded road, I believe) and it stalled. He cranked it in the hope of restarting it - but it wouldn't. Was towed to the dealer and the dealer says if he hadn't cranked it after it stalled the damage would've been limited; but since he cranked it, the damage is more. Vehicle is with the dealer waiting for the parts to arrive from germany.
Yup its a known fact that cranking a car stalled in water will cause far more damage.

Anyway here's an update -

Installed Llumar PP60 on the sides and rear, and PP70 on the front. Got a brilliant deal on the price, some local distributor did it for me. The difference is immense. With the temperature In Bombay still going well above 30 degrees, at times the ac felt insufficient possible due to the large glass area and the black colour. After the film it feels great.

Been using this exact combo on the Yeti, and now even the 3. But I've felt the largest difference is on this car.
Old 27th November 2014, 23:24   #72
BHPian

Hi Akshay, this is exactly the thread I needed. I went through all of it. First of all congratulations on your stunning ride and Thanks for taking us through your journey.

Some questions. I am too late for a 3.0l now but do you know more details about the facelift version? It seems it doesn't have all what you mentioned. Like rear camera and it seems it has a 16.5cm idrive screen which maybe smaller than yours. The website also doesn't mention anything about navigation as well.
Do you know if these are all retained in facelift version 2014?

I received a quote of 59L onroad price in BLR for x line version under corporate scheme.

I own a Q3 and planning to trade it for X3.
Old 30th November 2014, 22:13   #73
BHPian

So today I went to Navnit Motors to see and TD the X3.
Liked the car but Akshay I kinda got answers to my questions above. The new 2014 version doesn't do any of the above - no rev camera, no navigation, no BMW apps or the ConnectedDrive.
Surprising that most of these are available even in X1.
The TD was good. But I think I would need to do a few more of those to see how it does in absolute non-road places which is unfortunately my daily commute. I know X1 did very bad with RFT and stiff suspension.

How's your experience with the sport and sport+ modes? Since I think they also play around with suspension and chassis settings among others.
Old 30th November 2014, 23:27   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Hi Akshay, this is exactly the thread I needed. I went through all of it. First of all congratulations on your stunning ride and Thanks for taking us through your journey.

Some questions. I am too late for a 3.0l now but do you know more details about the facelift version? It seems it doesn't have all what you mentioned. Like rear camera and it seems it has a 16.5cm idrive screen which maybe smaller than yours. The website also doesn't mention anything about navigation as well.
Do you know if these are all retained in facelift version 2014?

I received a quote of 59L onroad price in BLR for x line version under corporate scheme.

I own a Q3 and planning to trade it for X3.
Thanks for the compliments.

The features you mention weren't on the 20d even in the pre facelift. Its only the 30d which got them.

How much of a discount are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
So today I went to Navnit Motors to see and TD the X3.
Liked the car but Akshay I kinda got answers to my questions above. The new 2014 version doesn't do any of the above - no rev camera, no navigation, no BMW apps or the ConnectedDrive.
Surprising that most of these are available even in X1.
The TD was good. But I think I would need to do a few more of those to see how it does in absolute non-road places which is unfortunately my daily commute. I know X1 did very bad with RFT and stiff suspension.

How's your experience with the sport and sport+ modes? Since I think they also play around with suspension and chassis settings among others.
Yes its surprising that in the X1 they have these features, but its missing in the X3. I wonder who specs the BMW cars, totally stupid of them.

For absolutely bad roads, you will need to switch from the RFTs, because while the ride is still acceptable on them on most roads, they are still too stiff for really bad roads. By switching to normal tubeless I am sure the ride will be far better.

The Sport and Sport+ do alter the suspension, steering, brakes, gearshifts, throttle, etc. The suspension is only on the higher end model, and is 100% worth it.

Which version of the Q3 are you using?
Old 1st December 2014, 00:25   #75
BHPian

Quote:
How much of a discount are you getting?

The Sport and Sport+ do alter the suspension, steering, brakes, gearshifts, throttle, etc. The suspension is only on the higher end model, and is 100% worth it.

Which version of the Q3 are you using?

They are quoting 59L On road but that's without BSI. Not sure how much BSI is on this variant.
There are only 2 models now Expedition and Xline. I am talking about the Xline. Both are 2.0L engines.
I am on Premium Plus edition of Q3.

How's the audio quality in car. The TD X3 didn't sound that great for some reason. But when I was seeing the X1 idrive today it sounded better than X3. Even my Q3 sounded better than X3. Maybe because it's a TD car.
Spec says HIFI loudspeaker system 205W 9 speakers 7 channels. By spec it's better than Q3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks