Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 23:21   #16
BHPian

Re: My Opulent Purple XUV500 W8 AWD - Nandi Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats on the car. Getting the AWD definitely does increase your ability when you are off pakka roads. BTW hill descent as far as I know if for off road only, down very steep descents, and not on a proper road like you used it.
The owners manual does not say so. It says it can be used on gradients with less than 50% gradient. It also mentions that it can be used with any gear and the limiting speed is depend on the gear. Additionally the owners manual mentions that there is a temperature measurement that monitors the break pads and then dis-engages it if the temperature is increased beyond a limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I wish you and your Opulent Purple XUV 500 W8 AWD infinite miles with smiles, scorpio_fan.

Recently, I used HDC in HP. While descending towards Chamba, I used HDC for a long time in third gear. I did not use accelerator, clutch or brake. It was a wonderful experience to watch XUV 500 automatically controlling the speed according to the gradient. But, after sometime, we smelt burning rubber. Before I could disengage HDC, it automatically disengaged itself and a warning appeared in the instrument console. Later, the warning vanished by itself. After this incident, I stopped using HDC and used the engine brake while descending the hill.
Yes, see my reply above, there is a temperature monitor which dis-engages it if temperature increases.
scorpio_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 15:31   #17
BHPian

Re: My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheeta

A recent snap from my trip to Madurai on 13 and 14 of September 2014. Used the maps (Mahindra Maps) to reach Madurai. We started at around 8 AM and reached Madurai at around 2:00 PM. Evening we went to the temple and there was only minimal rush. We started from Madurai next dat at around 12:00 PM and reached back Bangalore at 9:00 PM. There was no rush in the highways and the drive was a breeze.
My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_01962.jpg

Also did a wheel balancing and alignment on 20th September 14 at Madhus, Bangalore. The details can be found here.
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:20   #18
BHPian

re: My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold

Odo is reading 10k+ and time for second free service. The 10k service is a minor service. They check all oils coolants. Only replaceable part id AC filter.

I booked an appointment on 22-Nov-2014 Saturday so that I do not need to take off. I stayed in the service station and returned by 2:00 PM. No major issues reported.

Today I went to Madhus to get the wheel alignment and balancing. I reached there by 9:30 AM and came out by 10:45. It was again a wonderful experience. I did the rotation as well. The final image is attached for reference.

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-10k_xuv500_awd.jpg
Old 10th January 2015, 22:36   #19
BHPian

Trip to Idukki during Christmas

Some snaps from my recent trip to Idukki (Ramakkalmedu, Vagamon & Parunthumpara).

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0078_n_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0026_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0045_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0064_n_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0112_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0115_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0145_n_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0148_n_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0175_n_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0182_n_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0048_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0190_n_edited.jpg

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-dsc_0220_edited.jpg

Onward route was Bangalore - Salem - Kambam - Ramakkalmedu

Then Ramakkalmedu - Vagamon - Palakkad - Salem - Bangalore

Total distance covered was ~1700 Kms.
scorpio_fan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 21:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

re: My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold

Lovely pics of the XUV, with excellent backdrops.

Wishing you many more happy miles
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 15:43   #21
BHPian

Current ODO is reading at 14500 KMs. I had done a weekend trip to Mahabalipuram couple of weeks back. The journey was smooth and refreshing.

My XUV was part of the recall that M&M announced few days back. I got the SMS and also a letter from M&M regarding the same. I booked an appointment for 24 February 2015. I was told that the process will take 2 - 3 hours totally.

I went there today and decided to wait there. There was no other issues and after 1 hour of waiting the laptop was connected to upgrade the software. Current version was reading X08. The upgrade took few minutes and it was upgraded to X10. I also opted for a wash and it took another hour. No visible differences and will post if I find any new things

Next week another trip is planned to Rameswaram, Dhanushkodi, Kanyakumari and Poovar. Will post some snaps after the trip.

Regards,
Old 24th February 2015, 20:04   #22
BHPian

This is the letter I got from Mahindra. This does not talk about any cavity protection as J.Ravi mentioned here. But I saw they applying some solution to the gaps of engine bay for some XUVs. I will check with the service adviser.
XUVRecallLetter.pdf
scorpio_fan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 09:53   #23
BHPian

The XUV completed 20k in April last week and was serviced at Sireesh Auto Marathahalli.
1. Only Regular service
2. No major issues reported

After the service, wheel alignment & balancing was done at Madhus. Additionally the detailing visit was done (as part of AMC, 3rd Visit) at Head over Wheels.

As I read the niggles thread, I noticed that there is a fix available for outside smell coming to the cabin in the circulation mode. For this the entire centre console and dash is to be removed. I am a bit concerned about this procedure. So I will play the waiting game.
scorpio_fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 16:46   #24
BHPian

It has been a long time since I updated the thread. That of course means that I had no issues

XUV completed 40k and another 2 services (30k and 40k) during this time. It also completed 2 years of togetherness.

During the last service apart from the regular service only minor issues were reported. One issue I faced was the AC giving out a tak tak sound when in operation. They replaced the AC compressor under warranty.

Followed by the service I also visited Madhus and did the wheel alignment and balancing from there.

I also installed the FastTag from ICICI. Have not used it yet. Looking forward for a long drive soon.

-Scorpio Fan
scorpio_fan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 10:56   #25
BHPian

XUV has now completed 3 years of ownership. As of now the 60K service is due. No major complaints this time also, only regular stuff.

At around 55K did a wheel alignment and balancing from Madhus. Previous Balancing & Alignment at 50k was done from the Bridgestone Dealer at Kadugodi. I did not get time to go to Langford Road and there was a long trip planned which I could not change. So I decided to do it at the near-by store. But after around 53k I was getting some vibration on steering wheel. Never got such a vibration when balancing was done at Madhus.

Now I have following 2 things planned.
1. Tyres are still looking good, but I plan to change it by end of year. Planning to get Michelin / Pirelli, same stock configuration. Feedbacks welcome.

2. I had done smart-wax from Petes (Head over wheels, Tubarahalli) and I also did 2 year AMC with them. Even though the quality is good, recently I felt not sufficient attention is given to the customers. I had multiple bad experiences and then I decided to stay away from there. As of now for the last 8 months I am maintaining my self. Planning to visit Ultimate detailers and go for their latest ceramic coating. Feedbacks are welcome.
scorpio_fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 20:01   #26

Hi Scorpio Fan,

I am definitely looking to join the XUV fan club soon. My usage will be mostly in city traffic. How is the XUV to drive in the city. I live in Bangalore. The traffic in Bangalore has become famous now all over India i.e. bumper-to-bumper and a top speed of 5 KMPH in the rush hours.

Would you still recommend the XUV as a daily commuter. I am dilly-dallying between the automatic version and the manual version. What prevents me from going for the manual is the daily traffic. FYI - My daily commute is about 10 KM one-way.
sandeep.devapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 17:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.devapur View Post
Hi Scorpio Fan,

How is the XUV to drive in the city.
Hello Sandeep,
I know its a bit late reply. I commute to office in XUV. I also travel 10km one side. Steering is very light and you will not find any issues in handling it during city drives. Definitely automatic will ease out the travel but i have not driven the automatic yet and i cannot comment on that.

Regards,

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 19th December 2017 at 17:19. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 6th January 2018, 17:01   #28
BHPian

60k Service

the 60k service was due already and I dropped the vehicle on 16th December to Sireesh Auto, Marthahalli.

One of the major issue was few warning lights (ABS, ESP, Traction Control, Hill Control) come up during a long drive. In the next ignition cycle it goes off. This issue consistently came up during multiple long drives and I wanted them to check that.

One of the fog lamp had a broken clamp and that had to be replaced as well.

Every time I stay during the service and this time also I decided to do the same. But this time Sireesh was not allowing me to enter the service bay. The excuse was customer safety. I told them that I am ready to give in writing that if anything happens to me from workshop it is solely my responsibility but I will want to see what is happening. If you don't allow then give me back the vehicle. They were not agreeing to that, after lot of fight I visited intermittently only.

I explicitly asked them to check the warning lights issue and they connected computer and told me no error is there, nothing to worry. They were not ready to check any other possibility. The delivery was delayed very much by washing and I took the delivery of car.

For the Christmas week, we were planning for long drive and all these warning lights came in again. Also I noticed they did not attend the fog lamp issue also. So the only option was to escalate to Mahindra customer care.

As usual, after escalation they asked me to visit service center, this time I insisted not to go to Sireesh. Mahindra customer care asked me to go to India Garage, Whitefield.

I visited India Garage today and they again connected computer, no error codes. They told me they have to do a test drive (long) and re-produce the issue. I have to leave the car there and wait till Monday.

I told them, I will try to reproduce the issue myself. I know under what condition is comes so it will be easy. He said another XUV had a similar issue and it was an issue with break switch. He replaced it and asked me to try a test drive.

I took the car to Kolar high way and until Kolar no issues. I decided to return and during the mid way the lights came again . I immediately called the service adviser and told him that I will reach in 1 hour. I reached there and without switching off the engine they connected the computer. It was showing the rear right wheel sensor giving wrong data. The service manual showed same lights will glow if there are issues (error code).

They lifted the vehicle and checked the wires. The wire sleeve was gone because of some rubbing with metal parts. Initial plan was to tape the wire and check. But if it is that issue, then I should get those lights in Bangalore local traffic. I never got any issues in local short drives. So I insisted to replace the sensor.

The sensor was replaced also the fog lamp was fixed. I took the delivery and now I need to test again in a long drive (today / tomorrow). Will update the details after test drive.

I also changed the tyres 4 of them. The original Bridgestone had some more life, but I changed to Pirelli Scorpion ATR. Tyre change was done from Sai Iyengar Tyres. They have not done a good job as well.

I was down with fever and I could not accompany the vehicle. When the car was returned it had approx 40 PSI pressure. The balancing was also not proper.

I need to take it to Madhus next Saturday again.

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 6th January 2018 at 17:05. Reason: added more details
Old 8th November 2019, 07:12   #29
BHPian

Time flew very fast, in between I had the 70 service done. Now the odo is reading approx 76k and I am planning an upgrade. Considering fortuner this time. More news to follow. XUV will be exchanged.

70K service was regular checkup, no major issues reported. AC filter changed, all oil levels checked, break pads checked. Overall last few services were tension free. I started going to India Garage and it seems much better. I know the service technician and he gives the required attention. That is what is required.
Attached Thumbnails
My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-baf7cf8081a141c6bddc14f63741d4e5.jpg  

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-d1f4cf7a29ad4eb6bb85de9494686dd1.jpg  

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-718e46eaa189482c89b075184346e4b0.jpg  

My Opulent Purple Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD - From mighty muscular Scorpio to Cheetah. EDIT: Now sold-cca6e6916428a3e16edad6806eb09f61.jpg  

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 8th November 2019 at 07:22. Reason: adding some more details
scorpio_fan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 11:19   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Time flew very fast, in between I had the 70 service done. Now the odo is reading approx 76k and I am planning an upgrade. Considering fortuner this time. More news to follow. XUV will be exchanged.
Congrats on the planned upgrade. Looking forward to the ownership report.
Glad to see the XUV treated you well. Thanks for the chance to drive it during my last visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks