Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 19:31   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
A couple of rattles have appeared from the driver door/ driver side seatbelt area after service. Can't understand why these morons can't even do a regular service properly. There were zilch rattles when the vehicle was sent in for service. Need to take this up with the service centre folks. I usually try to avoid/prolong sending the vehicle to the service centre as far as possible, unless a service is due. I'm paranoid about leaving the vehicle with them.
Even I try to avoid visiting the service centres, even with their 'free wash' and 'AC Checkup' camps. Rattles after service are because of loose or poor fitting (back) of removed components (like door pads, dashboard, etc.). You can try talking with your Service Attendant, and ask him to refit the door pads (or other altered parts) to stop the rattle. In my case, at ~20k km, they didn't secure the cabin lamp bulb properly while replacing and it came off, and they couldn't sort that even after 4 tries (with door pads)!

What type of rattle are you talking about? Is it the seat belt itself making noise on bad roads?

FE of 13.5 kmpl is decent enough for 100% city with 95% AC.
Old 17th September 2015, 14:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Maruti WagonR VXi - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
What type of rattle are you talking about? Is it the seat belt itself making noise on bad roads?
I'm unable to pinpoint the exact source. It usually occurs while braking. I feel there are 2-3 sources. One sounds like a wire/wiring harness hitting against metal. This sound is most definitely from the driver door. The other seems to be appearing from within the cover that is over the seatbelt assembly. There is one more noise from the behind the dashboard area that sounds more like broken glass rubbing against plastic. Can't understand why they have to touch these areas when no issue is reported that requires attention to those places.
Old 17th September 2015, 14:35   #63
BHPian

One of the common areas of rattle is the area in/around the glovebox. Try pressing the glovebox hard while driving and you might find the rattles getting lowered. This will help you confirm the source.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 17th September 2015 at 14:45.
Old 28th September 2015, 14:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Took the vehicle to the service centre on Saturday to fix the rattles. Guess what, once the SA got behind the wheel, the rattles mysteriously disappeared. He even took the vehicle over broken roads, but the rattles just refused to appear. Finally got the doors, bonnet and boot door locks greased and returned home. Drove around 100 kms over the weekend. No rattles so far. Well, all's well that ends well.
Old 26th October 2015, 22:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Tanked up the vehicle a couple of weeks back. Petrol is currently retailing at 61.52.
Usage Pattern - 100% city driving
Aircon usage - 90 %
Kms covered - 248
Litres consumed - 17.89
FE - 13.84 kmpl

FE is pretty consistent now. Moreover I have started pushing the upshift rpms into the 3.5k mark from the 3k mark earlier. No niggles to report. Odo currently stands at 58xx kms.

Got gifted a tin of Simoniz Car Wax from the UK. Its quite tough to remove this wax by hand, however thin a layer I try and apply. The application of Turtle Paste Wax was a cake walk compared to this. The finish of the Simoniz wax is much better though, as long as you manage to get rid of the wax by huffing or puffing.

Last edited by longhorn : 26th October 2015 at 23:04.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 22:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Tanked up the vehicle on 21st Feb 2016. Petrol retailing at 59.15 then.
Aircon usage - 80 %
Kms covered - 699.1
Litres consumed - 54.08 (includes 2 partial refills)
FE - 12.92 kmpl

The odometer stands at 6411 kms now. Running has been pretty low for the past few months. I have pushed the up shifts to 4 - 4.5k rpm a couple of times. The engine gets pretty loud once you cross 3-3.5 k rpm on the odo.

Last edited by longhorn : 1st March 2016 at 22:22.
Old 2nd March 2016, 13:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aircon usage - 80 %
Kms covered - 699.1
FE - 12.92 kmpl

The odometer stands at 6411 kms now. Running has been pretty low for the past few months. I have pushed the up shifts to 4 - 4.5k rpm a couple of times. The engine gets pretty loud once you cross 3-3.5 k rpm on the odo.
IS this Bumper to bumper FE Longhorn?

The FE seems to be on the lower side even for a city run.
My WR on Petrol in city driving normally gives close to 14.5 kmpl.

Highways are a different league altogether with approx. 17-18 kmpl.
Old 2nd March 2016, 20:51   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

The FE seems to be on the lower side even for a city run....
Yes this was pretty much in bumper to bumper situations with many kms clocked in 1st and 2nd gear at < 20 kmph speeds. Also idling at traffic lights sometimes for more than 5 minutes at a stretch with the aircon running. It also includes revving the engine at 4k rpm in neutral for about 10 minutes to charge the battery. Plus waiting in queue at toll booths - almost all situations that take a hit on your FE. Plus the summer kicking in early is not at all helping matters. Higher load on the aircon now. I even run the aircon at full blast to cool the cabin at noon.

I have clocked 17.5-18 kmpl during highway runs too. I was hoping to achieve 15 kmpl in city but that seems to be a tough ask now.

EDIT : I find the engine to be pretty noisy beyond 3500 rpm. Is it the same for you? I have just started pushing it there after 6400 kms on the odo. Always used to shift gears below 3500 rpm till now.

Last edited by longhorn : 2nd March 2016 at 20:59.
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:13   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

The FE seems to be on the lower side even for a city run.
My WR on Petrol in city driving normally gives close to 14.5 kmpl.

Highways are a different league altogether with approx. 17-18 kmpl.
Quote:
Yes this was pretty much in bumper to bumper situations with many kms clocked in 1st and 2nd gear at < 20 kmph speeds. Also idling at traffic lights sometimes for more than 5 minutes at a stretch with the aircon running. It also includes revving the engine at 4k rpm in neutral for about 10 minutes to charge the battery. Plus waiting in queue at toll booths - almost all situations that take a hit on your FE. Plus the summer kicking in early is not at all helping matters. Higher load on the aircon now. I even run the aircon at full blast to cool the cabin at noon.

I have clocked 17.5-18 kmpl during highway runs too. I was hoping to achieve 15 kmpl in city but that seems to be a tough ask now.

EDIT : I find the engine to be pretty noisy beyond 3500 rpm. Is it the same for you? I have just started pushing it there after 6400 kms on the odo. Always used to shift gears below 3500 rpm till now.
Even I get anywhere between 14.5-15.5 kmpl within city limits, with 100% AC and moderate to heavy traffic. Highways have been 17.5-18.5 kmpl, 100% AC and 4 lane roads.

I am aggressive on the throttle most of the times with shifts between 3k-5k rpm. And yes, the engine is pretty noisy but at times, it does sound nice. If possible, do try a 5k rpm in the 3rd gear, briefly. The engine sounds almost like a jet engine/turbo spooling.

Note: The car battery doesn't die so easily. My car has remained idle for 3 full weeks at a stretch and yet, used to start in a single crank. And I am still running on the OE battery which came with the car in 2011.

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd March 2016 at 10:18. Reason: Spell check
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:34   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Aircon usage - 80 %
Kms covered - 699.1
FE - 12.92 kmpl

I think the figure should be 14+ at least if you driving with 100% AC in cities. I am currently getting 17+ with minimal AC usage in city. Highway cruising without AC and 80% load gives 19+ mileage. For K-Series engine, I have seen the mileage climbs after first service and clocking a good 1500 kms after.
Old 3rd April 2016, 21:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Tanked up the vehicle today. Petrol retailing at 59.19.
Aircon usage - 90 %
Kms covered - 303.9
Litres consumed - 20.46
FE - 14.85 kmpl

In city FE going north of 14 kmpl after a long time. The odometer stands at 67xx kms now. The engine note, I wish it could be silent till 3k at least. Its pretty silent till about 2-2.5 k. Post that its character changes completely. The meat of the torque band starts at 2k rpms.The engine starts to up the ante silently from here. At 3k rpm its loud enough for you to shift to the next gear. If you still continue to push it from here the K10 motor sounds like a passenger jet engine between 3k and 5k rpms. Haven't taken it beyond that. Sounds great when you are in the mood for some fun, but is disturbing when you want to enjoy the meat of the torque band without much ado.

Last edited by longhorn : 3rd April 2016 at 22:07.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 14:37   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At 3k rpm its loud enough for you to shift to the next gear. If you still continue to push it from here the K10 motor sounds like a passenger jet engine between 3k and 5k rpms. Haven't taken it beyond that. Sounds great when you are in the mood for some fun, but is disturbing when you want to enjoy the meat of the torque band without much ado.
I posted the exact same observation about a month on my thread. Also I observed that the FE remains fairly good (14.5+) even with very heavy throttle. Driving it at a low RPM low torque band is not pleasing to the egine, apparently.
Quote:
Off-late, I have been very aggressive with the throttle. I also discovered that the engine note is like a jet engine around the 5k rpm. The engine is loud, noisy but still loves to be revved.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 21:13   #73
Senior - BHPian

Tanked up the vehicle yesterday. Petrol retailing at 60.64
Aircon usage - 95 %
Kms covered - 247.2
Litres consumed - 20.20
FE - 12.24 kmpl

Odo stands at 6979 kms now. FE has taken a hit this time around, partly due to the excessive load on the aircon thanks to the sizzling summer and partly due to the engine running for 15 minutes to cover a distance of 100 metres (can you believe this) at Chennai Central. Yes it took me a whole 15 minutes to get to the premium parking lot from the drop off point inside Chennai Central. It was that bad, that too at 9:15 PM.
Old 26th April 2016, 18:04   #74
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First Service Done

Quote:
I got the cabin air filter installed on first service. It costs Rs. 305 + taxes.
Can you share the part number if you have it ? Hope it's available as an MGP. If yes, I will get this done during the second service @ 5000 Km (or 6 months).

Also, do you have any pictures you may have taken when the cabin air filter was being fixed ?
Old 27th April 2016, 11:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Service Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Can you share the part number if you have it ? Hope it's available as an MGP. If yes, I will get this done during the second service @ 5000 Km (or 6 months).

Also, do you have any pictures you may have taken when the cabin air filter was being fixed ?
I don't have the part no but it is an MGP part. Neither do I have any pictures as I was not there at the service centre when it was installed. But you can refer the below post on audioholic's thread where he has explained it in detail along with pictures. It can be done at home itself with the right tools (a cutting blade is the only thing required I guess). It's hidden behind the glove box, so you have to remove the glove box and cut the console as mentioned in the link below and replace it with the tray door provided along with the filter.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3838463

Last edited by longhorn : 27th April 2016 at 11:03.

Most Viewed