Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2014, 22:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Excellent review anachronix, you have compiled the review so well that it was well worth the additional 2 weeks wait. The photos are mind blowing and i could relate to every point of your thread. Fiesta owners can keep going ga ga over the steering and handling and still not get tired, the handling is really so good that it does not feel like a C segment sedan.

Just yesterday night flicked the car hard through a roundabout at high speeds and was grinning end to end, even if you loose your line, steering is so good that its easy to regain composure.

As you had suggested, i did not go for XM2 on my Fiesta as this car is meant for cornering hard and with my experience of XM1 on friend's Rapid, these really are comfort tyres. Carrying on with NCT5's for now as i found them decent, tyre noise is not an issue for me, the buyback being offered was poor.

I have at time felt the NCT5's loosing grip under hard cornering and the car skidding a bit , dont know if its the tyres loosing grip/chasis designed that way to have fun or the steering is so sharp but the body roll with michelins is quite a lot. How do you compare NCT5's with XM2's in regards to cornering, know the Michelins are superior in every other way.

After driving Vento for so long, the steering is just so much more sharp that i tend to be careful these days driving this car.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 26th October 2014 at 22:20.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 23:12   #17
BHPian

Boy oh boy!!! How do you top a review such as this one!? Absolutely fantastic. You've told every possible thing that has to be told about this gem of a car. And the pictures - my god, they are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

And, the history of your cars is truly interesting. Shows what a true petrolhead you are!

You've inspired me to start work on my ownership review and hopefully it should be out soon! Enjoy the drive mate and may our tribe increase!!!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 11:20   #18
BHPian

What a review! Loved every word of it, To me the most important part of the review is the prelude, its interesting to know how someone arrived at a decision point rather than reading "Hey i bought a new car".
I would also like to know whether "ecosport" was in your option list (vaguely) or were you spoiled by the low dynamics of a sedan
Congratulations! once again on your buy and may it be a pleasant companion.
quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 11:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Super review anachronix

You sure have been through a lot of cars and big petrol bills , but I'm sure it was all worth it. If you think about it, you have actually owned all Fiesta's barring the Jazz !
  • Ikon - Fiesta MK5
  • Fiesta (now classic) - Think this body style was unique to India, but a Fiesta nevertheless
  • Figo - Fiesta MK6
  • Fiesta 2014 - Current gen globally

This is the true dark horse in the segment. Pity Ford isn't marketing this car much, except on their twitter account and even production is very limited.

Wish you a happy and trouble free ownership and look forward to seeing the beauty at the next Chennai meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
3. The exterior paint quality is also sub-standard. The hood has lot of chip marks compared to all my other cars. One minor scratch on the body and the metal layer would be easily seen. May be Ford compromised on the number of paint coat on the Figo.
I was actually searching for this info on the forum. My just over a year old Figo has got these minute paint chips on the bonnet and totally agree on the paint thickness. It seems to be very thin and even small stones seem to be able to chip the paint down to the base coat.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 13:24   #20
BHPian

Hi anachronix, what a brilliant, wonderful review. Very well written and it carries such a wealth of detail. I test drove the car 45 days back and I will most likely buy it Q1 next year. Could you share some details:

1. For how much did the tyre dealer bought the stock tyres in exchange of XM2 and which dealer was it? If you had opted for performance tyres, which spec and manufacturer would you have gone for?

2. How is the stock headlamp? Or it must be replaced with Night breaker or some thing like that?

3. Any information about the extended warranty? How much does it cost?

And oh boy, I have the same inspiration; I mean Bond driving the Mondeo to the Ocean club in Nassau. Any car that James Bond drives has character attached to it. That moment I saw that in the theater, I felt, I wanted to drive that Ford. Cant dream about the Aston Martin though.

Thanks!!
k149in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 13:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new Fiesta and loved reading your review on it even more.

I am not surprised that you went for this after reading of your previous cars. Ford's handling and feel is surely addictive as I learnt since I got my Figo 4 years ago. After driving my car, I can only relate to another Ford or a car that has a similar set up.

I am trying to get one of my relatives to pick up the new Fiesta over the Vento DSG. He comes from a old Verna and I want him to know what handling is all about and how much fun it can be apart from just power.

If the 2014 Fiesta was available in the 1.5 Petrol or 1.0 EcoBoost variants, would you have gone for that?
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 13:32   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice & passionate review. Your love for driving & fiesta shows through. Wish you many many happy miles on your car.

As a fellow fiesta owner(though a petrol/automatic), I agree on what you have written about ride/handling, the wonderful steering and that the best part of the car is being in the drivers seat. One can't help but get a nice smile after driving this car.

The under thigh support + the side support is one of the best I have seen in a mass market car. I wish that they gave factory leather seats -- like they did on the fiesta petrol automatic titanium+ edition. It just transforms the look & feel of the car and takes it to another level.
khan_sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 15:48   #23
BHPian

Excellent review. The new Ford Fiesta is one of the stylish sedans in the country. The Aston Martin design adds a touch of premium.

Long back, when I test drove the Fiesta (when it was launched) I was happy with the experience. The ride was little harsh, and the car looked like a mini-sedan at the first glance. But once I got in, and started driving, everything else faded away and it was wonderful to drive. No wonder FORD's and FIATs are regarded as drivers car.

Congratulations for owning a beauty. Happy rides and keep posting upates.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 16:22   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on the White Beauty! Hope you enjoy every mile with her. That is one detailed review there. I am thoroughly impressed by your writing skills. BTW, those pictures are amazing. Your photography is commendable (Or maybe the car is just photogenic )
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Just look at the thickness of those front seats compared to the Ciaz & the Rapide. The Ciaz (2nd pic) seats look anorexic!
Dude you just turned a Skoda Rapid into an Aston Martin Rapide!
Wish we could get Aston's at that price
Cheers!

Last edited by thebfg : 27th October 2014 at 16:24.
thebfg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 16:23   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the car. Very nice, detailed review.
I too have a 2010 Fiesta TDCi SXi (now Classic) which is to be replaces soon. The new Fiesta was in the consideration, your review has actually made the choice simpler for me. So if I decide to stay in this price bracket, it would very well be the new Fiesta. Happy to stay with the Ford family.
Wishing you many more miles with this beauty.
basilmabraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 17:00   #26
BHPian

Wonderful Review Anachronix

Now I'm wondering if I have to replace my 9 month old Ertiga with this beautiful machine!

And, what's that in store for 2015, a BMW
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 17:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition! Wonderfully detailed review which covers most of the points. Awesome prelude and history of the cars you have owned so far as well.

Rating a well deserved 5 Stars!!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 18:24   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome thread! The highlight is that, in spite of you owning so many Ford cars, you have been neutral in penning their pros and cons.

IF someone at Ford is reading this, please note that there ARE people who would have bought the Focus or the Mondeo IF launched in India at a sensible price.

There's just no place for a Fiesta Owner to upgrade within Ford. Just buy different versions of the same Nameplate. Duh.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 18:53   #29
BHPian

Perambur to Taramani.. daily my oh my, your office commute in 5 years may take you around the globe via total miles clocked calculation .

your review puts a proud grin on Ford fan boys'(including me)face and for those want to know more about Ford, 4 cars of different capabilities owned and explained.

Thanks for such a nice write up, wish i meet you in one of my Chennai trips in a black fiesta soon

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 19:06   #30
BHPian

Being a die hard fan of Ford and Fiat and overwhelming love for fiesta, your review just made my day a better one. I always wonder how such a wonderful product has been ignored by us.

I drive from Medavakkam to santhome, so hopefully i get hold of you some day to hear more about your love for ford.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks