Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 17:19   #46
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

"Once a Ford guy, always a Ford guy" - You really are proving it man. Congrats on your new acquisition and wish you many a happy miles on it.

P.S. - I am glad you went with Chennai Ford instead of MPL. I had a not so good experience with MPL when I went to book my Figo.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 17:22   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review. Crisp and nice details. As speed.demon pointed out, Deetjohn kept tempting us with the pictures of your car and he was nonstop. Keep the thread updated. Would love to hear more from an experienced fellow ford owner. We too had similar cars like the ones from your garage - Ikon Finesse, Fiesta and now ecosport. We too love the American giant! Enjoy your ride.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 18:12   #48
BHPian

Wonderful review. The new Fiesta is a beautiful car and one of the best drivers car in the market today. Fiesta and previously Ikon were great cars dynamically as well. Fiesta continues to follow the trait. It was disappointing Ford decided to stick to diesel only and portray the Fiesta with a mileage tagline.. They fail to understand that the person who buys a ford fiesta looks at it more than just mileage angle. The peppy 1.6L / 1.0L ecoboost petrol is surely missed on this car.
shazikon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 20:34   #49
BHPian

Fantastic Review. I was planning since a long time to change my car, and this candid feedback pushed my 2014 Ford Fiesta desire to the next level. Do you think the Top End Titanium makes more sense or does the Trim just below 'Trend' is a better VFM. Additionally "MS SYNC" aka the lady is the most significant addition on the Titanium trim... please suggest
Agnijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 13:47   #50
BHPian

Vow!
That was a really nice and candid review anachronix!
Enjoyed every bit of it.

Welcome to the New Ford Fiesta Club.
Ford's ride handling is addictive. Its tough to think any other make if you enjoy Ford once.

Let's catch up some time in our Chennai meets to do a quick comparo' of the old and new versions.

Regards,
Maverick79
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 16:27   #51
BHPian

Hi ,
Congratulations on your new 2014 Fiesta. I think I have a similar story. It started with 1.3 NXT ikon , then i bought 1.6 Fiesta ( 5 years old now ). Ikon was my most favorite car . But I had to sell it to make place for wife's grand i10 Auto. Hyundai is different story so lets avoid that part. Back to Ford. Yes , once a Ford lover always a Ford lover . I was playing with idea of buying Ecosport to replace my aging fiesta , I saw your post and realized that you have chosen the new 2014 fiesta over the Ecosport.
I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts / views of avoiding the ecosport over a new Fiesta which actually sells much less than the Ecosport. It will help me , thanks !

regards
Amol
amolathalye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 17:06   #52
BHPian

Wonderful review, one can feel the bond you have forged with the car and not all cars can do that!

Am torn between the linea tjet and the fiesta, and the latter has an edge due to the lower running costs because of the oil burner (wont consider the MJD) The linea has a higher GC though but from what I read in your thread, the fiesta does not bottom out easily

Can you list what one misses out with the mid variant (trend I think) apart from alloy and MID are the seats also better in the titanium? A tad concerned with the fact that the powerplant is old school SOHC
hothatchaway is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 17:27   #53
BHPian

Congrats Anachronix! I too share your preference for the Fiesta and the Jazz (never owned a Jazz but always like its looks). I have been tempted to upgrade to the new Fiesta or the EcoSport but my 2011 Fiesta 1.6 petrol still keeps me very happy. I guess only Ford owners understand what real driving pleasure and handling mean!
Srikji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 22:27   #54
BHPian

Superb ownership report Arun. Congratulations on owning an excellent car. I always liked the car for its new looks and very unfortunate that such a good car is not making decent numbers.

I know you always own a Ford, but thought it would be an ecosport this time.

Drive safe and keep having fun.

Cheers,
Greg
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 08:46   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Wonderful review, one can feel the bond you have forged with the car and not all cars can do that!

Am torn between the linea tjet and the fiesta,
I had a similar feel and went to drive my cousin's T jet. the engine and handling no doubt is amazing, but the gear does not slot like the fords. GC and build are on par

Quote:
A tad concerned with the fact that the powerplant is old school SOHC
I have read about the pros and cons of SOHC and DOHC, i think its not going to affect the experience extensively. i drive a remapped classic 1.4 D, so the engine is indeed adaptable and good. at the end your choice ofcourse after you TD both
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 09:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

The center armrest in the front can be bought as an accessory, none of the accessories were available when I took delivery of my car. I want to add the arm rest and sport pedals when I take the car for 2nd service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Can someone tell me if there is a center armrest in the new 2014 fiesta? Is it being offered as an accessory or is only an aftermarket?
Haha! Boy, he was like a kid with his new toy. So excited and you should have seen him when he was driving it!

I am there in kerala for christmas, let me catch up with you all for a mini-Kochi meet along with my Fiesta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
As speed.demon pointed out, Deetjohn kept tempting us with the pictures of your car and he was nonstop. Keep the thread updated. Would love to hear more from an experienced fellow ford owner. We too had similar cars like the ones from your garage - Ikon Finesse, Fiesta and now ecosport. We too love the American giant! Enjoy your ride.
The Fiesta does beg for a powerful engine, the TDCi keep things exciting with the decent torque and gear ratios calibrated for driveability. But thats still not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
It was disappointing Ford decided to stick to diesel only and portray the Fiesta with a mileage tagline.. They fail to understand that the person who buys a ford fiesta looks at it more than just mileage angle. The peppy 1.6L / 1.0L ecoboost petrol is surely missed on this car.
If you can afford to spend that extra 60K over the Trend, the Titanium makes lot more sense. First thing is the seats, the fabric and cushion is different in the Titanium compared to the lower variants. The seats in the trend variant dont hug your lower back as much as it does in the Titanium. I also wanted BT unit that is factory fitted, so the Titanium variant was the preferred choice. I didnt really care much about the alloy wheels, I should be getting an upgrade by December to bigger, better wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnijit View Post
Do you think the Top End Titanium makes more sense or does the Trim just below 'Trend' is a better VFM. Additionally "MS SYNC" aka the lady is the most significant addition on the Titanium trim... please suggest
We could meet even otherwise right?

And I definitely wanted to meet you, will send you a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Vow!
Let's catch up some time in our Chennai meets to do a quick comparo' of the old and new versions.
I didnt prefer the EcoSport for 2 reasons:

1. I prefer sedans as my luggage space requirement is high and the low slung sedans handle much better than a mini-SUV.

2. The steering feel in the EcoSport was not great when compared to the Fiesta. It felt like the EPS was calibrated keeping the mass market in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts / views of avoiding the ecosport over a new Fiesta which actually sells much less than the Ecosport. It will help me , thanks !
The T-Jet is brilliant, fast, good ride, handles well! But check if Fiat has fixed the 1st & 2nd gear. It takes away some fun!

The TDCi is more old school, but SOHC or DOHC makes it look weak only on paper. I don't really see the Fiesta struggle anywhere when compared to competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Am torn between the linea tjet and the fiesta, and the latter has an edge due to the lower running costs because of the oil burner (wont consider the MJD) The linea has a higher GC though but from what I read in your thread, the fiesta does not bottom out easily

Can you list what one misses out with the mid variant (trend I think) apart from alloy and MID are the seats also better in the titanium? A tad concerned with the fact that the powerplant is old school SOHC
Something I missed in my post, when I was inquiring the OTR prices of the Fiesta when I wanted to book it. MPL quoted 11.16L vs Chennai Ford's 10.9L. I didnt enquire what was different at MPL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
P.S. - I am glad you went with Chennai Ford instead of MPL. I had a not so good experience with MPL when I went to book my Figo.
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 17:44   #57
BHPian

Wonderful review straight from the heart. It seems such a nice car and it is a pity that Ford is limiting the car to The Metros only. Seems more like that it is trying to keep the brand alive.
msudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 22:51   #58
BHPian

Hey anachronix,

Congrats on your car.

I saw your car twice on the same day today , Once at Sholinganallur junction around noon and 2nd time at RMZ millenia park around 22:40.

Car sure looks a killer in flesh.

Regards
Karts
karts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 03:02   #59
BHPian

Congratulation anachronix! That is a brilliant car sir, looks smashing in white. Even i had a first gen ford ikon, that was one of my favorite cars. Just one question- which tyres and what size would u recommended for swapping the oe Goodyear tyres?
stormy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 08:57   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The center armrest in the front can be bought as an accessory, none of the accessories were available when I took delivery of my car. I want to add the arm rest and sport pedals when I take the car for 2nd service.
Thanks anachronix for the information on the center armrest. Is it available as an official Ford accessory, or do you mean an aftermarket one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks