Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 19:31   #76
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Dear Anachronix,

Thank you So much.

Like you i am a present owner of a Ford Ikon 1.5 Petrol version and have driven it every where.

Your Love for all things FORD is something that is with me too.

Reading your review my resolve has been made that some day i shall lay my hands upon this beast and take it to wild outdoors

Until then....its the Josh Machine keeping me august company...

Thank you once again.
bhavtol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 13:56   #77
BHPian

Anachronix: Any benefits on up-sizing the tires to 16, will it simmer down the mileage of TDCI
Kindly update the details of the tuning box which you are planning to upgrade..
keep on updating ur logs My Tdci will be there on Dec first week.
Old 5th November 2014, 15:22   #78
BHPian

Hi Anachronix,

I can really relate to your passion for fords, owning a figo and now a new fiesta myself. Mine is a white titanium model same as yours, 3 weeks old and clocking 830 km on the odo. And its been a wonderful ride thus far.

Could you please confirm if you had done an oil change at 1000 kms? The "how to run in your new car" thread in the advice section suggests to do so and also to not use synthetic oil for the first 10k kms.

And did you have any luck inenabling auto-lock feature? I saw a few dozen articles online but no matter what I did I could not get into the programming mode.

Thanks.
Old 6th November 2014, 11:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Hi Anachronix,

I can really relate to your passion for fords, owning a figo and now a new fiesta myself. Mine is a white titanium model same as yours, 3 weeks old and clocking 830 km on the odo. And its been a wonderful ride thus far.

Thanks.
Since you have upgraded from Figo to Fiesta, I am curious about the difference you are feeling in the car. One thing i can surely think of is silent cabin. Handling of car is much better than figo?

Showroom is too far to go for TD on top of that Ford is not really interested in moving this car. Hence I want to understand from the person who has upgraded from a Figo since i own a figo

Anachronix, Chuckster some more pics please
Old 6th November 2014, 16:32   #80
BHPian

Hi Recshenoy,

I feel its too soon for me to do a figo fiesta comparo only having owned the fiesta for such a short time. I will list a few things that come to mind though :

1) Ride comfort - The fiesta seems to handle bad roads much much better than the figo, which seems to let more vibrations felt inside the cabin. The fiesta just glides.

2) Ground clearance - the fiesta doesn't scrape its bottom like the figo used to do for me. Peace of mind over unscientific bumps.

3) Air conditioner - The cooling seems to be a little more effective and faster in the figo than in the fiesta.(Not by much, but coming from a figo you may notice this).

4)Power Delivery - The 1.4 ltr engine of the figo is more torquey compared to the fiesta 1.5 ltr which seems to be more mature in nature. I usually have to do an extra down shift while slowing down or going over bumps than I would need to do on a figo.

5) Steering feel at parking speeds: The fiesta's steering is really light at parking speeds and starts getting heavier as you increase speed. This works wonderfully and I have got used to this so much so, that while parking my wife's spark the other day I felt the steering power assist had malfunctioned in it.

I haven't done any pedal to the metal driving yet as I'm still doing my run in. So can't comment more on the handling, performance , brakes etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 6th November 2014, 16:41   #81
Senior - BHPian

Well! No benefits as such except the improvement in looks, more feedback from the steering. The upsize difference is only 1% and you may not loose out much on FE, but can cause uncomfortable ride on uneven roads.

The tuning box or remap will only happen after the 20,000km service. I will keep this thread updated, the car is currently at 8900km

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Anachronix: Any benefits on up-sizing the tires to 16, will it simmer down the mileage of TDCI
Kindly update the details of the tuning box which you are planning to upgrade..
keep on updating ur logs My Tdci will be there on Dec first week.
Follow the service manual on the oil change intervals. I didn't get the oil change yet, but from 2nd oil change onwards I want to get synthetic oil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Could you please confirm if you had done an oil change at 1000 kms? The "how to run in your new car" thread in the advice section suggests to do so and also to not use synthetic oil for the first 10k kms.
I didnt try testing it yet, little busy with work and a short business travel is there too. Probably after that, the Fiesta should get the much required rest in these few weeks

Quote:
And did you have any luck inenabling auto-lock feature? I saw a few dozen articles online but no matter what I did I could not get into the programming mode.

Thanks.
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 18:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review Sir! Never ever did I imagine that I would be so glued to this thread. Read it back to back more than once!

My current drive is a Figo and am planning to upgrade to a sedan shortly. The Fiesta ticks almost all the boxes. Being a Figo owner yourself, could you please let me know how it compares to the Figo in the following areas:

1. Seat Height: Are the seats placed comparatively higher than the figo? Am 6+ and I feel like getting into a cave evertime I get into the figo. Is the Fiesta any better?

2. Rear Leg Room: I know that the rear leg room is at a premium. But how does it compare to the Figo? Is it atleast marginally better? And also do the doors open wide enabling easy ingress/egress?

Request you to post some more pics of your car. There's hardly any pics of the Fiesta on the net. Thanks!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 10th November 2014 at 18:53.
Old 20th November 2014, 01:12   #83
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, you can skip that 'sir' next time please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Amazing review Sir! Never ever did I imagine that I would be so glued to this thread. Read it back to back more than once!
1. I guess you might feel the same way as the controls are placed quite close to the driver. I am 5' 10", I find it easier getting in and out of the Figo. I would suggest you try this in person.

2. The doors open sufficiently wide, its got about the same legroom as the Figo but lacks shoulder space making it tough for 3 adults in the back seat.

More pictures? Probably around Christmas when I take the Fiesta to some exotic locations in Kerala

Quote:
1. Seat Height: Are the seats placed comparatively higher than the figo? Am 6+ and I feel like getting into a cave evertime I get into the figo. Is the Fiesta any better?

2. Rear Leg Room: I know that the rear leg room is at a premium. But how does it compare to the Figo? Is it atleast marginally better? And also do the doors open wide enabling easy ingress/egress?

Request you to post some more pics of your car. There's hardly any pics of the Fiesta on the net. Thanks!
Old 21st November 2014, 16:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
More pictures? Probably around Christmas when I take the Fiesta to some exotic locations in Kerala
Booked my Diamond white (titanium) yesterday, the waiting period as told by the dealer is 1 month max, looks like kerala don't have any titanium variant in stock with any dealer they are getting it from some-other dealer from outside the state

I have this doubt which is haunting me post booking, Titanium variant comes with key-less entry what are the odds that the key-less entry system may go Kaput? is there any manual options available to bypass the system in case the keyless system malfunction/battery down etc...

Last edited by quakerme : 21st November 2014 at 16:29.
Old 24th November 2014, 16:52   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Booked my Diamond white (titanium) yesterday, the waiting period as told by the dealer is 1 month max, looks like kerala don't have any titanium variant in stock with any dealer they are getting it from some-other dealer from outside the state

I have this doubt which is haunting me post booking, Titanium variant comes with key-less entry what are the odds that the key-less entry system may go Kaput? is there any manual options available to bypass the system in case the keyless system malfunction/battery down etc...
Another Fiesta on the block! Congrats on booking this fantastic car. Do let us know when you lay your hands on this beast. Which color did you choose?
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 17:55   #86
BHPian

Sorry for asking the colour while you have mentioned it before. Mods please merge or edit my posts.
Old 24th November 2014, 19:11   #87
BHPian

Congratulations Quakerme.

Send us the details of the booking, discounts, etc. Awaiting pics once the car is delivered and an Ownership thread.

Happy time with this ride.
PVPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 20:00   #88
VKS
BHPian

Happy to announce the arrival of my Ford Fiesta on 19 th Nov.
This copy is White Titanium.

Discounts - 10k Cash or Accessories.
Dealer - Chennai Ford.

It is less than ODO 300 kms but I am really enjoying the Car.
Ford knows how to setup the Steering and the music system!

For those who care about the back seat space please check out the car in person, it is not as bad as made out to be ( Nothing in league of Ciaz/City though)
Old 24th November 2014, 20:16   #89
BHPian

Congratulations VKS for the fiesta. I guess a lot of white ones on the forum. Have fun.. Enjoy many happy miles of driving!

p.s. a pic of your white beauty!!pls..
Old 24th November 2014, 22:23   #90
BHPian

Congratulations VKS. Great buy.

At least two Fiesta's announced on the forum today.

Wish you many happy miles riding this baby. Some pics and an Ownership thread would be nice!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks