Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 22:35   #91
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Happy to announce the arrival of my Ford Fiesta on 19 th Nov.
This copy is White Titanium.

Discounts - 10k Cash or Accessories.
Dealer - Chennai Ford.

It is less than ODO 300 kms but I am really enjoying the Car.
Ford knows how to setup the Steering and the music system!

For those who care about the back seat space please check out the car in person, it is not as bad as made out to be ( Nothing in league of Ciaz/City though)
Congratulations VKS! please prepare a lengthy ownership thread with lots of Pic's so that we can also enjoy your white beauty.

They quoted me a discount of 10k (waiver of handling charges) isn't that illegal for dealers to take handling charges from the customer's I think i read sometime back that court has ordered not to take handling charges anymore.
Old 1st December 2014, 00:34   #92
BHPian

Wow! I was highly confused between the Vento TDI/TSI and the Honda City I-Vtec V-MT. But somehow neither completely satisfied me. The Honda city didn't feel as connected and felt very lightly built. The Vento, 1.5 TDI MT and the DSG, didn't seem as exciting as the old 1.6 TDI which unfortunately has been discontinued and the TSI DSG is a nice car but expensive to run. Really wanted to TD the Fiesta before I take the plunge but somehow the dealer in my city doesn't seem interested to sell the car at all. They don't have the TD car ready because of the parking problem, which I feel little hard to believe. When inquired, was told they will get it for me from their other branch but even after calling in a few times in past week, I haven't yet got a TD. Looks like Ford is not serious about selling this car at all.

But despite all this, I am again wanting to somehow take the TD of the new Fiesta after reading your thread. I know the Vento had a nice punchy engine in the 1.6 TDI but how good is the Fiesta's Engine in terms of the Power and pick up. Also how is the clutch behavior? is it too hard? and lastly, how does the car feel build quality wise and over all?

I am already thinking of a Fiesta with a Tuning box now!
Old 1st December 2014, 02:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
But despite all this, I am again wanting to somehow take the TD of the new Fiesta after reading your thread. I know the Vento had a nice punchy engine in the 1.6 TDI but how good is the Fiesta's Engine in terms of the Power and pick up. Also how is the clutch behavior? is it too hard? and lastly, how does the car feel build quality wise and over all?
I am already thinking of a Fiesta with a Tuning box now!
Hope you dont mind me answering your query as i own both the Vento (1.6 TDi) and the new facelifted Fiesta. Have done 30,000 kms in Vento and just 3,000 in the new Fiesta.
In terms of engine power, Vento is a clear winner (am talking of the old 1.6 TDi, had a test drive of the new 1.5 TDi and i did not like it one bit, its far more refined but the fun factor is totally gone). Fiesta does not have outright power, the progress is slow compared to Vento but have never felt the car is underpowered. It has negligible turbo lag and enough juice to keep you at 110-120 all day without fuss. Where the Fiesta gains is top notch refinement levels, you will never know there is a diesel under the hood whereas Vento's engine is quite harsh and there are vibrations as well. The 1.6 TDi has loads of torque and you just need to floor the throttle and every thing becomes blurry

Ford's clutch is a million times better than VW, short throw and no vibrations where as in Vento, clutch is very hard, throw is long and there are vibrations in clutch. Gearshift is much slicker in Vento.

Build quality is same, super heavy doors that close with a thud and has that build to last feel, Fiesta does not have the interior quality of Vento but does have much more features at a much lower price (foldable mirrors, auto wipers, puddle lamps, auto lights, keyless entry, bucket seats).

Ride and handling of Fiesta is light years ahead of Vento, the Vento is at best a neutral handler and the soft suspension starts pitching at higher speeds, the steering is also average at best whereas in Fiesta, the EPS is truly fantastic. Infact, i think there is no car in C segment that can be compared to Fiesta in terms of ride/handling, you need to bring in D segment cars in the picture to compare, its that good. Fiesta's stability even in straight line is mind blowing.

Service costs are half of what Vento would require and Ford's service is also better than VW. If you dont require that rear seat and love to drive hard, drive the Fiesta and you will be bowled over buddy, if you need a family car and VW brand image to brag about, Vento is your choice.

I will make it simple, if the facelifted Fiesta would have launched 2 years back when i was buying my Vento, i would not have bought my Vento. I drive mostly alone and dont care about the VW premium image, what i wanted was a car that rode and handled well after driving my Linea but Vento was a downgrade in ride/handling/braking area even compared to my old Linea.

Its sad that Ford is not concentrating even a little on selling this gem of a car, all they care about is Ecosport right now.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 1st December 2014 at 02:34.
coolboy007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 23:38   #94
BHPian

coolboy007,anachronix All need your kind advise on an issue i'm facing regarding the booking for fiesta 2014

I booked my fiesta last month the color requested was diamond white (inspired from this review ) yesterday they called me and told that the car has arrived in kochin and i can do a PDI.
As no white titanium models were available in kerala and ford also stopped production for this year they purchased the car internally(dealer to dealer) and is bringing it from kollam. I agreed to do a PDI.

Went to the yard along with my friend and saw the vehicle, the exterior didnt had any issues and the odo has clocked 254kms(kochi to kollam is only 150kms) I was pretty ok with it- then we opened the door and saw the rubber internal beading of the rear and front door looks like aged, bend and the rear doors beading has come out, we then opened the bonnet and found a green ribbon attached to the two hinges of the bonnet clearly it was evident that the vehicle was used as showroom demo car i was disappointed and walked out from the PDI and informed them that i wont take the vehicle.

Now the zonal sales head is calling and is coming up with a diff story that the vehicle was allotted to a customer in kollam and they decorated(ribbons) the car for delivery and the customer didn't turn up on the delivery date and he has now asked to extend the date. since i was pressing them for a white they allotted it to me. As i am unhappy with the PDI he is ready to give an offer of 30K for the vehicle on price quoted 10.90L on road. should I go ahead with the purchase or wait till next year...also the sticker which shows the VIN number pasted on the rear door looks like this (attached pic)
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-screenshots_20141201165629.png  

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-screenshots_20141201165702.png  

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-screenshots_20141201165727.png  

quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 01:34   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
10.90L on road. should I go ahead with the purchase or wait till next year...also the sticker which shows the VIN number pasted on the rear door looks like this (attached pic)
Did your dealer inform you beforehand that they would be driving the car for 150 kms all the way from another dealer? How did another 100 kms add up then? Upto 40-50 kms is fine but 250+ kms is quite a lot, the car may have been used as a demo car.

I decoded your VIN and its a Aug, 2014 manufactured car, dont worry about the rubber beadings, they are not finished well and have been cut haphazardly, its similar in my car. Hope you checked and matched the chassis number from car and this sticker.

I would be extremely wary going ahead with this deal, 30k off because you did not like the PDI sounds strange. Either shift to some other color or wait till next year. If you want the car early, please do a thorough PDI again using team bhp checklist in broad day light and if you like the car, squeeze them for some accessories as well
coolboy007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 01:49   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Realised this is an ownership review. Hence moving my post to official thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3593190

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd December 2014 at 01:59.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 08:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Did your dealer inform you beforehand that they would be driving the car for 150 kms all the way from another dealer? How did another 100 kms add up then? Upto 40-50 kms is fine but 250+ kms is quite a lot, the car may have been used as a demo car.

I decoded your VIN and its a Aug, 2014 manufactured car, dont worry about the rubber beadings, they are not finished well and have been cut haphazardly, its similar in my car. Hope you checked and matched the chassis number from car and this sticker.
Yes they told me that they are bringing the car from another dealer and I was pretty ok with it, and my old ikon tdci had 250kms in odo during the time of delivery (they told me prior that they are bringing the car from trivandrum since no sea grey color was available in cochin)...wait can they reset the odo to some value during the time of delivery? cos this one and my old car had 250 kms in odo at the time of delivery is this pure coincidence or is there something wrong?

Last edited by quakerme : 2nd December 2014 at 08:31.
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:22   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I have this doubt which is haunting me post booking, Titanium variant comes with key-less entry what are the odds that the key-less entry system may go Kaput? is there any manual options available to bypass the system in case the keyless system malfunction/battery down etc...
Sorry for the late reply. There is a key within the key-fob that you can easily take out and use to unlock or lock the vehicle. I don't think you can start the engine in such cases though.
Old 2nd December 2014, 18:29   #99
BHPian

I took a TD of the new Fiesta yesterday. I liked the car but felt it short on three parameters.

1) The Performance is not as good as the Vento/Rapid. Even the 1.5 TDI is much more entertaining. Had Ford given it a more powerful engine, The choice would have been much simpler.

2) The Legspace is very less in the backseat. Its almost cramped. Even the Vento feels way better. Honda city is in a different league here. I might keep a driver after few months so rear space and comfort are important.

3) There is no armrest for the driver! I am a bit laid-back kinda driver and drive in a relax position and the XUV has spoilt me in a way in terms of space and comfort. felt the Fiesta little narrow and missed the armrest sorely.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Only a coincidence dude, stay away from this and also have this reported to the Ford CC. There are too many signs on the car to indicate a fishy deal offered to you!

Quote:
Yes they told me that they are bringing the car from another dealer and I was pretty ok with it, and my old ikon tdci had 250kms in odo during the time of delivery (they told me prior that they are bringing the car from trivandrum since no sea grey color was available in cochin)...wait can they reset the odo to some value during the time of delivery? cos this one and my old car had 250 kms in odo at the time of delivery is this pure coincidence or is there something wrong?
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:21   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have this doubt which is haunting me post booking, Titanium variant comes with key-less entry what are the odds that the key-less entry system may go Kaput? is there any manual options available to bypass the system in case the keyless system malfunction/battery down etc...
These two diagrams from the EcoSport manual should assuage your concerns:

Unlock your car using the key that's embedded in your key fob:
Name:  Unlock.gif
Views: 3109
Size:  37.5 KB
Start your car by placing your key fob where we normally insert a key in the steering column:
Name:  Start.gif
Views: 3274
Size:  59.2 KB
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 15:16   #102
Senior - BHPian

Milestone Alert: Aston Vellaichamy is now 10,000KMs old. What a brilliant journey it has been
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-1418463949568.jpg  

anachronix is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 16:09   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Milestone Alert: Aston Vellaichamy is now 10,000KMs old.
Curious that Ford gave coolant temperature gauge(albeit digital) for the fiesta, while it is just a warning LED in the Ecosport.

This engine runs cooler though(82-85 C).
Old 19th January 2015, 19:30   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey, does the Fiesta comes with Electronic Stability Control (ESC)?
Ford India website says so, and also the live chat agent (not sure if he is just referring to the website and providing an answer).
Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 09:41   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Milestone Alert: Aston Vellaichamy is now 10,000KMs old. What a brilliant journey it has been
Congratulations mate! Here's wishing you many more of those!!!
So, have you completed the second service now? Let us know the details if you have.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks