Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 22:29   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

With the car approaching its second birthday, can we expect an update please?
Old 8th June 2016, 15:22   #122
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for not keeping this thread active, the usual lazy me to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
With the car approaching its second birthday, can we expect an update please?
The Fiesta is currently at 43,500 on the ODO. Quite a bit of running these days. His birthday is due next month and apart from the usual anniversary gift of buying him an insurance, I am also planning to get the extended warranty for the 3rd year quoted at 13K from Ford.

The gearbox bed was busted in my car at 41K, replaced at a cost of 5100. Weirdly enough, all the Fords that I had earlier had their gearbox bed busted at around the same amount of mileage. The regular SA at Ford who knows me says its more to do with my driving style. I do engine brake and milk out all the power in every gear. May be its that

Bought a new set of Brembo Max grooved rotors for the Fiesta, I am yet to receive the Brembo pads for it and running on the stock pads that I bought new. The performance is average as there is quite a bit of fade using the stock pads. The performance pads should arrive anytime this month and the brakes should be all set.

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-13116785_1050593324996731_1199240157_n.jpg

I really wish Ford has given the Fiesta at least the 100PS spec of its current cousins. Would have really helped

Some random pictures of my car that I used to post on my Instagram.

My daughter doing the weekly routine of checking the tire pressure.

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-12912712_220564318331702_1999813970_n.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-1169261_1101237053231367_2093798869_n.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-1169266_237714783240822_389313259_n.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-11093014_360583270795998_1237236870_n.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-11429247_464691433699315_1580168222_n1.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-12107505_949877128402211_839843231_n.jpg

2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report-12965711_999726226782263_882934620_n.jpg

I will do my best to keep this thread alive.
anachronix is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 19:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The gearbox bed was busted in my car at 41K, replaced at a cost of 5100. Weirdly
Bought a new
You have really clocked those miles quickly, but it is hard to resist long drives with this car. Congrats on completing 43k kms, mine has done 29k kms and still drives like day 1 with a few squeaks inside.

Can you elaborate on this gearbox bed part? Was it the shifting mechanism or the gearbox mounts and why was it not covered under standard warranty?

Glad to know that Brembo has the max rotors and pads for our Fiesta, i had low hopes about it . I also need pads soon for my car since they have worn out quite a lot, using brembo normal rotors + red pads with my Vento and the bite is much better than stock, no complaints so far.
Old 17th June 2016, 15:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Its the transmission mount, with a rubber boot in it. Its not covered under warranty as its a wear and tear part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Can you elaborate on this gearbox bed part? Was it the shifting mechanism or the gearbox mounts and why was it not covered under standard warranty?
The Brembo's are really good, the tires rarely run out of grip on braking with the stock pads, but with the brembo the tires feel really pushed to the limit they slowly start to squeal. I am very happy with this upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Glad to know that Brembo has the max rotors and pads for our Fiesta, i had low hopes about it . I also need pads soon for my car since they have worn out quite a lot, using brembo normal rotors + red pads with my Vento and the bite is much better than stock, no complaints so far.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 20:26   #125
BHPian

Congratulations on the upgrade and many thanks for keeping the thread live, my fiesta clocked 47K kms (2014 Dec) changed the break pads,Disc and calipers at 39k kms, with a pair of Michelines the vehicle is as smooth as Day 1. Apart from tyres and brakes changed the battery of remote key.
Once a biker bumped into the rear reverse sensor and it came out, when checked with the dealer they quoted 5k for one sensor and 8k for the whole set, planning to fix a rear cam instead of sensor.
Old 8th August 2016, 14:39   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Once a biker bumped into the rear reverse sensor and it came out, when checked with the dealer they quoted 5k for one sensor and 8k for the whole set, planning to fix a rear cam instead of sensor.
I would suggest that a rear sensor and rear cam make an ideal combination.
My WagonR has rear sensor only. My Jazz came with rear camera only. I added a rear sensor to my Jazz. The experience is good.
In my (sold) Honda City, I had fitted only sensors.

Just my two bits!

Girish Mahajan
Old 24th August 2016, 15:03   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I would suggest that a rear sensor and rear cam make an ideal combination.
My WagonR has rear sensor only. My Jazz came with rear camera only. I added a rear sensor to my Jazz. The experience is good.
In my (sold) Honda City, I had fitted only sensors.

Just my two bits!

Girish Mahajan
Thanks for the info. OEM reverse sensor in ford is quite good but I'm kind of in a dilemma whether I should pay 5k for one sensor whereas you can get a reverse camera for that price which is actually better than a sensor.
quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 16:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. OEM reverse sensor in ford is quite good but I'm kind of in a dilemma whether I should pay 5k for one sensor whereas you can get a reverse camera for that price which is actually better than a sensor.
Dear quakerme,

My 2 bits: best to have combination of camera and sensors. The camera gives good visual aid and the sensors give good audio/visual aid. Better be over prepared. Better safe than sorry!

Just as an example, if there is a fog or rain or mud on the camera, the sensors become saviors! I have personal experience!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 12:42   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear quakerme,

My 2 bits: best to have combination of camera and sensors. The camera gives good visual aid and the sensors give good audio/visual aid. Better be over prepared. Better safe than sorry!

Just as an example, if there is a fog or rain or mud on the camera, the sensors become saviors! I have personal experience!

Girish Mahajan
Very true, sensors are needed indeed, changed my mind planning to mend the OEM sensor and will fix a Reverse Camera also, any brands in mind?
quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 14:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Very true, sensors are needed indeed, changed my mind planning to mend the OEM sensor and will fix a Reverse Camera also, any brands in mind?
Dear quakerme,

I am not at all clear about the brands. Most of the time I got it done at the dealer and used the brand they recommended.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 22:12   #131
BHPian

Hello people.

I have a 2014 model all new ford fiesta facelift. It has done 33000 km. It has developed a strange issue in its a.c when it is idle the a.c is super cool like a typical ford. Vent temperature gets as low as 4 degrees in maNual mode. When outside temperature is 42 degrees. But when it starts moving on highway speeds say above 50 then vent temperature goes to 8 to 10 degrees. I can clearly feel that temperature of vent air is not cool like idling. I took car to harpreet ford moti nagar , delhi. They checked every thing... They have given a clean chit fro their side. Everything functioned flawlessly according to them, refrigerant ok, no leaks, clutch engaging, high side low side pessures normal. Technician suspected radiator fan malfunction and changed that with new, cooling coil cleaned, condensor cleaned after removing bumper, a.c filter changed.
After this work vent temperature comes 2 degrees lower. Earlier it was 8 and 12. But now 4 and 10. This problem doesnt show when we raise rpm at idling, but comes into play when rpm increase while car is on move. During move or parked the vent temperature is never stable. It keeps on fluctuating up and down even at constant speed. I can say that when car moves its only half performing than a typical ford a.c. i got it checked at other local mechanics also but all become clueless on listening to the problem. . Kindly help me what could be the problem here.. i checked with 1 more fiesta facelift. Its temperature was also 12 on move and 10 when standing. What are views of other owners?

I suspect following things now.
1. Cabin temperature sensor is erratic.

2. A.c compressor relay malfunctioning.

3. Fan belt slipping marginally or loses tension while car is on move, though there is no slipping belt noise.

4. Worst case, compressor and condensor are gone.

Actually from 2014 to 2017 car was used very less. Only 10000 km. It used to remain parked for many days as my job profile was like that.

I need your expert opinion because many experienced mechanics have failed. I shall be very thankful to all of you.
Old 12th January 2019, 14:18   #132

Hey! one question about gearbox bed. How did you know something is busted? Was there a sound, some feel? Mine has done 75k and I hear muted 'gadgad' noise when travelling on broken roads. The noise comes only on the roads where the top layer of the road is missing and not on any other type of broken road. Have tried to recreate the noise while showing the SA but unable to.

Most Viewed