Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 20:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi To all Adventure owners,

I don't drive cars, so didn't buy Adventure because its truely driver's machine, I had a discussion with my folks we found Adventure is much better than newly launched SX4. we save more than 1 lakh with Adventure while buying and SX4 will give slightly better FE comapred with Adventure. should be just 1kmpl more... so that does not matter much.

Congrats for the guys who own Adventure which is cheap car to maintain as well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th May 2007, 00:41   #62
BHPian

Parts are available. And for engine it will be available for many more years. There are people who already has fitted lpg in their adventure. A facelifted version is on the way.
Old 13th May 2007, 01:17   #63
BHPian

Performance or mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
thanks for your reply kvish, swathy,

how about parts availability?
and is Adventure authorised for AutoLPG?
An adventure is a pathetic car to own if your concern is mileage. In peak chennai traffic, we could barely scrape what seemed like 8kmpl with the AC on. And since there's power at your disposal you end up feeling like there's a conspiracy that stops you from going any faster. Intuitively it might seem like the engine is all ready for an LPG conversion. However I have not seen any Adventure kits (there's one for my Baleno)

But on the highway this is another devil altogether. You can expect (atleast) 15kmpl (petrol) sustained when you cross 80kmph in 5th. It barely climbs to 4000 rpm even at 140kmph. Great beast to drive if you're willing to beat peak traffic, and have a lot of luggage to haul once in a while. And if you're willing to make do with some irritating eurpean oversteer. Try taking a high speed turn and you are bound to do some over-compensation.
Old 13th May 2007, 10:34   #64
BHPian

Tata-fiat dealerships in kerala has started to provide BRC LPG kits for fiat cars. Some people have already converted their sienna s to lpg. From what i learned it can be fitted in an adventure.

Last edited by swathyd : 13th May 2007 at 10:44.
Old 13th May 2007, 12:37   #65
BHPian

Hi all,
An interesting thread on the topic which was struggling to get out from inside my head.
Looks like i see a bunch of very satisfied owners of Adventure sport.

Well interesting that some one mentioned SX4 vs Adventure sport. The 1 lakh savings does sound convincing enough.

I am doing my research to buy a car now and toying with the idea of pushing myself out from the small car area to somthing like the Adventure or Ford fusion or go to a next area of Accent GLE, Ikon Flair.
I am very well versed with the market data (just started collecting data);
Going through the thread i gather the following from you all owners on the Adventure:
1. Great care to drive
2. Tata-Fiat aliance seems to be encouraging w.r.t A.S.S
3. Enough space when u want it
4. Prices seem to be reduced around this year (April maybe?)
5. Low on mileage but that seems to be now possible to tackle with a LPG/CNG kit (though earlier there was a discussion about CNG not getting a TYPE APPROVAL from authorities).
6. Not so high Maintenance cost
7. A new facelift version is due - when?

So are all the above correct?
If so, could some one help understand the benefits and comparisons of the above points for the Adventure Sport against the
a) Palio Stile 1.6 sport
b) Ford Fusion
?
Thank you.
Old 14th May 2007, 12:26   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithon View Post
5. Low on mileage but that seems to be now possible to tackle with a LPG/CNG kit (though earlier there was a discussion about CNG not getting a TYPE APPROVAL from authorities).
6. Not so high Maintenance cost
7. A new facelift version is due - when?
I would advice against going for the CNG/LPG till FIAT comes out with some authorized stuff. If you are totally worried about mileage, I would advice you to stay away from it. (Ford fusion diesel is about to be launched, you can wait for that one) On the other hand if you feel you can manage with 9-9.5Kmpl within city limits, then there are no worries.

New facelift may be IN sometime this year, but no official confirmation yet. It may end up becoming an endless wait.

Quote:
So are all the above correct?
Yes with terms and conditions

Quote:
If so, could some one help understand the benefits and comparisons of the above points for the Adventure Sport against the
a) Palio Stile 1.6 sport
b) Ford Fusion
Palio 1.6 sport is a different machine altogether, they share the same engine and thats where the similarity ends. If you are looking at a small sports car, then look no further than 1.6 sport. Being lighter than the adventure, it packs better performance. It will offer better fuel efficiency too (around 0.5-1Kmpl per litre difference).

I havent driven the fusion, but I sat in the rear seat, the rear seat legroom and comfort are really good. But I cannot compare it with the adventure on other parameters since I havent driven it.

If you already have a hatch, I can suggest the adventure without any hesitation. The overall package of the adventure is what makes it stand up against the rest.

Go for it, I am sure you wont regret the purchase.
Old 15th May 2007, 04:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
But on the highway this is another devil altogether. You can expect (atleast) 15kmpl (petrol) sustained when you cross 80kmph in 5th.
Thats a relief as I will be doing a lot of highway driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I would advice against going for the CNG/LPG till FIAT comes out with some authorized stuff.
hummm.. makes sence.. any ways if I buy a new car I won't be going for LPG till the warrenty runs out

Quote:
I havent driven the fusion, but I sat in the rear seat, the rear seat legroom and comfort are really good. But I cannot compare it with the adventure on other parameters since I havent driven it.

Go for it, I am sure you wont regret the purchase.
Disel Fusion will be 7L + OTR, thats out of my budget. Adventure is much better than Petrol Fusion IMO only concern being the A.S.S. and FIAT future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Parts are available. And for engine it will be available for many more years. There are people who already has fitted lpg in their adventure. A facelifted version is on the way.
thats again a relief for me, I love the Adventure since the time it was launched, only concern I have is whether i will be able to maintain it for 4-5 yrs

thanks you all for the info, I am planning to be back in India in 3-4 months, i will be making a purchase then, I hope the car will be available with good discounts by then
Old 15th May 2007, 11:22   #68
BHPian

thats again a relief for me, I love the Adventure since the time it was launched, only concern I have is whether i will be able to maintain it for 4-5 yrs

thanks you all for the info, I am planning to be back in India in 3-4 months, i will be making a purchase then, I hope the car will be available with good discounts by then [/quote]

Dont worry about keeping the adventure for another 10 yrs, because i just spoke to a person who owns it for the last 4 years. He told me it is very good and fine. No problems so far.

The car is already sold with heavy discounts, prices will only go up as new model will be launched within 6 months.
Old 15th May 2007, 12:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would advice against going for the CNG/LPG till FIAT comes out with some authorized stuff.
Shrimankar claim to have obtained ARAI Type Approval for Euro-III Adventures and Palios. They are Tata's authorised CNG vendor and deal in BEDINI kits. However, unlike Tata, FIAT doesn't honour warranty if the car is fitted with CNG kit, even if it's from Shrimankar.
Old 15th May 2007, 15:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, Good to see lots of people thinking in lines of the Adventure. People in india never had a liking towards station wagons and always had a prejudice towards fuel efficiency. We always thought the maruti's gave them more mileage and fiats gave them less mileage. Not sure why this is the case but atleast as far as i am concerned i feel its just a 'prejudice'. i had a Uno 1.2 petrol that used to give me around 18km/l on higways and just above 12 in city. However the best mechanics in town (TVS, the A.S.S for FIAT at that time) made sure that i never got this kind of mileage after a few services. The F.E figures fell down to an astounding 8-11 and had to really fight with them and give my vehicle to them for 2 weeks before i could start getting around 15km/l on highways and around 10-11 in city!!!

My Adventure has been giving me 8-9 km/l in city and 12-15km/l on higways. One thing here is that the FIAT 1.6 engine delivers what you ask for. If you push her she will give you more than enough power but at the cost of F.E fugures. With sedate driving you can extract upto 15km/l on highway. With the kind of comfort you get i dont think anyone who owns the adventure would complain of F.E. Not sure about power loss in case of adding LPG/CNG kits. Would have to do some research on that when ever i plan for something like that

Regarding the Ford Fusion. I have one of that which my father drives. There is a 8k review on that in team-bhp. Please go through that. Its much more spacious in the interiors and gives back quite good F.E figures, but the suspension is a bit too hard that you get really frustrated on bad roads. For a person who needs lots of power to zip around and dont mind some shaky rides, the fusion would fit in.
However if you really want to enjoy the drive and move around in class, there is no competition for the adventure below the 10L price range.
All the best. and Drive safe.
Old 18th May 2007, 09:59   #71
BHPian

I know of someone who drives a Palio GTX. He has got a sequential CNG kit installed in it and has RTO approval as well from here in Bombay. He drove with me on the Poona Expressway and he was easily doing 140, which was amazing, after hearing of the loss of power in regular gas set-ups.
The difference with his kit is that it has its own ECU and gas injectors. Its a Tartarini make and imported here directly.
So now he has power and his monthly fuel bill has fallen from 8k to 2k.
Let the warranty on my Petra get over, and I shall also get it installed.
Old 18th May 2007, 12:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
I know of someone who drives a Palio GTX. He has got a sequential CNG kit installed in it and has RTO approval as well from here in Bombay. He drove with me on the Poona Expressway and he was easily doing 140, which was amazing, after hearing of the loss of power in regular gas set-ups.
The difference with his kit is that it has its own ECU and gas injectors. Its a Tartarini make and imported here directly.
So now he has power and his monthly fuel bill has fallen from 8k to 2k.
Let the warranty on my Petra get over, and I shall also get it installed.
Are you referring to Yogesh Mittal of PUG? Yes, you'd do well to wait for the warranty to be over because FIAT wouldn't honour the warranty once the kit is fitted. This kit costs about Rs. 70,000/-.

I even got 2 years extended warranty for my Adventure .
Old 18th May 2007, 15:21   #73
BHPian

Are you sure that they cost rs 70,000 but heard about another kit for rs.35,000.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:32   #74
Senior - BHPian

I suppose CNG costs around 70k whereas LPG comes up to around 35k.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

Electronic CNG kits, usually of Italian make, cost about Rs. 40,000/-, including the CNG cylinder.

The "sequential gas ignition" CNG kit, being more sophisticated, costs more. One Palio Users' Group member who got it fitted recently reported a price of Rs. 70,000/-. The make was Tartarani, an Italian company that also makes cheaper, conventional CNG kits. He is extemely happy with the performance.

Incidentally, Tartarani is FIAT's sole CNG kit vendor in Italy where alternative fuels are very popular.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks