Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 14:13   #91
BHPian

Hey Gemi, does this mean the Fusion is not a comfortable city drive (given Blr traffic)?
Old 18th June 2007, 15:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

sithon. If the roads are good the fusion is really good. and if the roads are bad the fusion is really bad. i think its a mix of the higher ground clearance, the taller body on the fiesta chasis, the wider - low profile tyres and the hard suspension. Especially if you have experienced the FIAT suspension you would tend to hate this on bad roads.

But if you are looking for power to overtake others. you wont find a better one anywhere near this price band.
Old 18th June 2007, 17:41   #93
BHPian

Are the prices same for both the Cars!

Hey, thanks for the reply! I musst say its was crisp yet informative.

Here some more details we can get on Fiat Adventure and Ford Fusion

Fiat Adventure Sport 1.6 vs Ford Fusion Standard vs Ford Fusion + | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com India

Thanks
Old 18th June 2007, 17:45   #94
Senior - BHPian

Omar, I think that link is a bit outdated. For example, ABS is not even an option on the Adventure and Fusion+ is no longer available.
Old 20th June 2007, 11:55   #95
BHPian

Got a mileage of over 16 ( reliance petrol ) on trip from cochin to thiruvananthapuram, in my adventure. Seldom crossed 90 kmph.

Last edited by swathyd : 20th June 2007 at 11:57.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

GREAT!!! Thats what i've been telling the FIAT engine responds to your needs. This is proof that in economy mode you can manage this high figures.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemithomas,

Since you have both Fusion and Adventure, can you compare them on these points too, in addition to the ones you have compared already?

1. Which car behaves better while negotiating curves? Meaning, on which car will the occupants sway more? Which car has a better suspension to suit handling?
2. When you change the lanes suddenly, which car settles faster? Again, which one sways more?
3. Which car has a better high speed straight line stability?

Thanks,
Old 20th June 2007, 14:14   #98
Team-BHP Support

swathy i would seriously recommend IOC premium for your car, use it for a tank full and see if there is improvement.

again use IOC outlet near spencers at statue or one at vellayambalam jn if in TVM.
Old 21st June 2007, 18:30   #99
Senior - BHPian

Deepak, These are my observations.

1. Which car behaves better while negotiating curves? Meaning, on which car will the occupants sway more? Which car has a better suspension to suit handling?
Here i would say the fusion wins hands down. The low profile tyres (195/60R15) and the tight suspension setup helps in this. The car would handle really well while taking sharp curves. On the other hand the adventure's back wheel might just not stay where you would like it to on sharp curves at higher speeds.

2. When you change the lanes suddenly, which car settles faster? Again, which one sways more?
Not that sure about this one but i think the fusion might handle better since it is good in bnegotiating sharp curves really well.

3. Which car has a better high speed straight line stability?
The Adventure would feel more stable on straight lanes. Maybe its because of the slightly heavier nature. Yuo wont feel uncomfortable travelling even at 130km/h in an adventure. But with the fusion you would be on ALERT!! mode as soon as you cross teh 90-100km/h mark (maybe coz of the all aluminium attributes!!!)

The Adventure is more of a "comfort" vehicle while the fusion is more of a "sporty" type.
Old 21st June 2007, 18:53   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
swathy i would seriously recommend IOC premium for your car, use it for a tank full and see if there is improvement.

again use IOC outlet near spencers at statue or one at vellayambalam jn if in TVM.
I usually use ioc premium . This is 1st time i ve gone for reliance. But it is obviously better than ioc premium. And got mileage of over 16 but reliance pumps are very rare.So sticks to ioc but i am not satisfied with ioc premium as i ve nt found any difference between normal and premium .
Old 21st June 2007, 18:57   #101
Team-BHP Support

okie whatever works in your car i felt reliance fuel not to the liking of my iKON compared to IOC premium

one thought though, hope driving was also similar (assuming since its monsoon, generally speed might come down and one might get better FE)
Old 26th June 2007, 14:21   #102
BHPian

A 2006 adventure is available for as low as 5.2 lakhs onroad. Informed by a friend.
Old 26th June 2007, 14:34   #103
Senior - BHPian

Swathy i think you could get a better deal now. I took mine in march and got it slightly above that. (5.29) Now after all this time and news of the new model coming (and that has been like that for many months by now ) I'm sure you can get upto 1.2L discounts on a 2006 model Adventure. Which dealer has stocks still with them. Do you know?
Old 26th June 2007, 14:53   #104
BHPian

was it onroad price you paid ?
Old 26th June 2007, 14:56   #105
BHPian

No new model is not on anvil. They stopped production as they were shifting to pune. Now new stocks have started to come.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks