Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2014, 20:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Hi,
The seats are comfortable - initially for a day or 2, it was a bit stiff, but, its pretty comfy now..

Well - if you have the greens - go for Leather ones - Karlsson is superb, there are many pics of their seat covers in the forum and their website,,
If you are going for leather - go for Karlsson only,
I inquired when I decided to get the seat covers , but they don't have their center in Pune,
Also If I am not mistaken, they also have faux-leather ones - check out,,
Hello

Yes I have been witnessing their work on the forum too and that has left me awestruck. The only thing, apart from money, that is keeping me from going for it is the fact that the original fabric will need to be ripped off and I am not comfortable with that idea. And yes, to satiate the temptation some long distance travelling will be required. Almost 2k kms each way

I am assuming that these OEM covers don't require ripping the original fabric. Are they stitched to the seats or have they been simply put on over the existing fabric and tightened through zippers and velcro?
Old 16th October 2014, 21:03   #17
BHPian

Re: My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI

I think the covers are put atop the original fabric, there is no stripping any existing fabric,,
They are put as any normal seat cover. Could not see any Zippers or Velcro - I think its fit the old fashioned way - by Hooks/Pins,, Will check again though..

If you don't mind the expense - go for Leather...

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

Yes I have been witnessing their work on the forum too and that has left me awestruck. The only thing, apart from money, that is keeping me from going for it is the fact that the original fabric will need to be ripped off and I am not comfortable with that idea. And yes, to satiate the temptation some long distance travelling will be required. Almost 2k kms each way

I am assuming that these OEM covers don't require ripping the original fabric. Are they stitched to the seats or have they been simply put on over the existing fabric and tightened through zippers and velcro?
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 12:46   #18
BHPian

Allow me to correct myself - there are Stripes with Velcro and NO hooks/pins,
NO Zippers though,,

Quote:
I think the covers are put atop the original fabric, there is no stripping any existing fabric,,
They are put as any normal seat cover. Could not see any Zippers or Velcro - I think its fit the old fashioned way - by Hooks/Pins,, Will check again though..

If you don't mind the expense - go for Leather...
Old 20th October 2014, 01:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Allow me to correct myself - there are Stripes with Velcro and NO hooks/pins,
NO Zippers though,,
Thanks a ton. Right now, I am busy collecting funds so that I can treat her with Karlsson seats by December when i plan to drive south
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:22   #20
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Had a minor accident, a Truck came from back and creased my Right Quarter Panel...One of our great truck guy, tried to overtake me on a narrow stretch and hit me on right back side...

But, the Damage was such that, the Quarter Panel had to be replaced...
They had to cut out the Panel, and get a new one - cut that in the shape, Weld it back, and do the Paint job...
All this - hardly after couple of months of buying a new car.. ,

Anyway,
Got it fixed in Skoda Service Center on Pune-Mumbai bypass - Baner Road,
I must tell - the whole experience was very plesant and good, I was dreading the Service part more than the actual damage - with general perception on their A.S.S,,

However, myfears seem to have been misplaced...
they were very very professional, courteous and have done an abslutely fantastic job...without any fuss or issue,
Nobody can even guess such a job has been done on the car, and that too much earlier than their committed time,

Took about 15/16 days, I had to leave my car for couple of days only - for the Insurance Surveyor, and, took it back,
The part was estimated to arrive in 3 weeks - but, came in 10 days,,
They took about another 5/6 days to do the actual job,,,
I must have got atleast 2/3 calls in the 10 days, updating me on the arrival of the Part,, and also once when the actual job was in progress..

The total bill was Rs.64,000+, I had to Pay around Rs.4,000 - Rest covered by Bajaj Alliance Zero Dep Ploicy,
Rs.2000 was mandatory deduction and rest was for Interior cleaning...

On the whole, pretty satisfied and happy with the Service,,
Got a call from them again - few days after completing the Job - for confirmation on resolution of the Issue and any Feedback,

Guess, Skoda Service is turning for better,, Hope other Owners / Customers are also experiencing good service., please share your stories/feedback if any..
Old 3rd February 2015, 21:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
Had a minor accident, a Truck came from back and creased my Right Quarter Panel...One of our great truck guy, tried to overtake me on a narrow stretch and hit me on right back side...
Pics please!

In love with the Rapid as a product. The Linea's charisma falls short- in front of the Rapid's ease of operation, the feel of the diesel- (the glow plug indictors, vibrations! ), and of course, the - torque!

I'll require some help- pertinent to the new dealer in town- Viraaj Skoda. Keep me posted now, shall ya?
Old 4th February 2015, 09:33   #22
BHPian

Attached are few pics,

Do you have any specific queries on the dealer?
My experience with them has been very positive, even with their service,,
I am happy overall, I was also pretty much wary of the perception on Skoda A.S.S. But, my experience suggests otherwise.

Don't expect SA to explain all the features of the car, they are not good at this, that anyway I think should be researched by the buyer,, but- otherwise, this dealership is pretty OK. and Pune folks have no other choice anyway..

As far as the Car, I just love it,, though I have couple of grouses - like, the Big Thud noise - when crossing big humps, the rear windows glasses do not roll down completely, No Back wind-sheild Wiper/Washer, and not so adequate lighting on highway's - with stock lamps - but this is universal bain, and not nececcarily because of the manufacturer,,

Having said all this,, I still love this car, and feel happy with my decision to buy this, every time I take her out for a ride,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Pics please!

In love with the Rapid as a product. The Linea's charisma falls short- in front of the Rapid's ease of operation, the feel of the diesel- (the glow plug indictors, vibrations! ), and of course, the - torque!

I'll require some help- pertinent to the new dealer in town- Viraaj Skoda. Keep me posted now, shall ya?
Attached Thumbnails
My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-dsc00106.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-dsc00107.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-dsc00108.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-dsc00109.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-dsc00110.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-dsc00111.jpg  

Old 4th February 2015, 10:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

The total bill was Rs.64,000+, I had to Pay around Rs.4,000 - Rest covered by Bajaj Alliance Zero Dep Ploicy,
Rs.2000 was mandatory deduction and rest was for Interior cleaning...

any..
Wow....Thats a hefty denting and painting expense!!

Rs. 64K++ seems very much on the higher side for the shunt.
Any FNG for a car outside warranty and for someone who does not want to lose out on NCB can get it done in a shade below 10K!!

Happy that you are satisfied with the dealer.
We need a lot more dealers like them to put the competent Skodas back on track and dispel the horror stories associated!!
Old 5th February 2015, 19:18   #24
BHPian

64K is very very high, but, its not for repairing, The Quarter Panel had to be replaced, from the Invoice - I could discearn - the Panel cost itself is 24K,,

I was not bothered as the Insurance covered the entire cost, except for cleaning cost of 4K- this cost is also very very high,, but, OK,, didnot have much of a choice,
I was not comfy taking a brand new - a month and half old, car to an unknown garage..just keeping the NCB in mind,, anyway, I would have spent more then the NCB Bonus, I would have got,,,
Beside, I got it cheked by couple of other sources, that, It cannot be repaired and had to be replaced..
The damage was such that any Repait would have perforated the metal, and would not be possible,,

And,, also, I did not want to take any chances with my Warranty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Wow....Thats a hefty denting and painting expense!!

Rs. 64K++ seems very much on the higher side for the shunt.
Any FNG for a car outside warranty and for someone who does not want to lose out on NCB can get it done in a shade below 10K!!

Happy that you are satisfied with the dealer.
We need a lot more dealers like them to put the competent Skodas back on track and dispel the horror stories associated!!
Old 15th February 2015, 13:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
64K is very very high, but, its not for repairing, The Quarter Panel had to be replaced, from the Invoice - I could discearn - the Panel cost itself is 24K,,

I was not bothered as the Insurance covered the entire cost, except for cleaning cost of 4K- this cost is also very very high,, but, OK,, didnot have much of a choice,
I was not comfy taking a brand new - a month and half old, car to an unknown garage..just keeping the NCB in mind,, anyway, I would have spent more then the NCB Bonus, I would have got,,,
Beside, I got it cheked by couple of other sources, that, It cannot be repaired and had to be replaced..
The damage was such that any Repait would have perforated the metal, and would not be possible,,

And,, also, I did not want to take any chances with my Warranty...
Hope the repair and paint job is all done now. Do post the pics.

Just wanted to inquire about the floor mats. The mats which the dealer gave me when I bought the car is very awful and I intend to get the 3D mats.

Have you peeled off the lamination on the carpet and inserted the 3D mats?

Last edited by rki2007 : 15th February 2015 at 13:04.
Old 16th February 2015, 10:12   #26
BHPian

Pics are in post #22,,
THey did a great job, One will never know, if anything of this sort has been carried out,,
I am very happy with their job,

Regarding Mats - I have put 3M Nomad mats, not the 3D kagu,,,
Posted few pics in previous posts, you can check out..
Ya - Have removed all the Plastics , The dealer provided Mats are Crap,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hope the repair and paint job is all done now. Do post the pics.

Just wanted to inquire about the floor mats. The mats which the dealer gave me when I bought the car is very awful and I intend to get the 3D mats.

Have you peeled off the lamination on the carpet and inserted the 3D mats?
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:47   #27
BHPian

Folks,
Got my 1st free check-up done, my running has been about 5400 KMS, in last 6 months,
Just regular checkup, NO Issues reported. NO Charges as well,, expect for the Engine Oil Top Up - Half-a-Liter,, Castrol Magnatec,,
The Car has certainly become much more smooth after the Oil Topup,, the Engine Clatter, Noise - when firing the engine has definitely reduced,,
Old 3rd April 2015, 14:41   #28
BHPian

Recieved a Feedback call from Skoda Auto, inquiring about my experience for the recent visit to their Service Center for my first free Check-Up,,
Was asked to provide Feedback and Rating on the Quality of Service, Staff Courtsey and Behaviour, Adhearence to schedule..

Felt good to know - Skoda is putting efforts to fix their reputation, concerning their Dealerships and A.S.S,
I have had no issues, from the time of Test Drive to delivery (except for a minor hick-up) to first 6 months of Ownership,,
Old 15th June 2015, 14:30   #29
BHPian

Hi Hemant,

Came across this thread as I was searching for some ownership experiences of Rapid users!!! Specifically in Pune!!

I am wondering if you managed to scrape the bottom of the car anywhere in or around Pune, I am just wondering about the low GC when fully loaded. I own a Figo now and it has this major issue when loaded with 5 people.

Any pointers to deal with Viiraj SKODA? My experience was not so good with them when I visited them once. Unfortunately I couldn't TD the Rapid as it was too late (for them) when I reached thereat around 6:45 PM.

I see reverse camera in some pics, this I did not find in the new Rapid, was wondering if you installed it later or came with the car?
Old 17th June 2015, 15:46   #30
BHPian

Hai Figopian,
I have never had any issues with Ground Clearance - or, Scarpping of Car's bottom on Pune roads,, However - I have never driven with full 5 occupants and luggage.. I have done some running with 4 people, Never had this issue.
But,
I have experienced a THUD at the Back, of the Car, when moving over Speed Breakers. This is a well know Issue with Skoda and I believe with VW as well,,
This happens on relatively small speed breakers as well and so far I have failed to identify any pattern for the behaviour, and as of now, No Solution and just having to live with it,,

Otherwise - I am extremely happy with the Car, its a great ride, I have run more than 8000, KMS, in last 9 months or so..
Most of it in City, few highway trips - to Kolhapur abd back, and to Places in karnataka,, No Problems at all.

Regarding the Dealer, Please do not expect them to provide them any info - I believe, YOU should gather all the info - from TBHP and other sources,,

General experience with them was Good. My only advice is get ALL info, terms and conditions in an email/print,, before any payment.

Ask specifically for a Complete Quote, including Insurance (you can get it done by somebody else, if you wish), Old car valuation (if applicable), any Discounts, accessories, Get all Loan info as well,,

Basically anything that has been discussed and agreed upon in writing,

Not to say, have any Trust Issues, but, having all info on Paper will help, in comparisions, making plans for big item - MONEY...
ALso,
They have opened a new showroom/branch on the Bypass near Baner Road.

I actually, got the Rear View camera fitted at my cost. Not sure of the latest specs/trim details,, But, it saves you lot of stress and hassle,,

lastly,
I had expressed in my ownership report,, Having only 1 dealer in a city is NOT a good practice,, Monopoly is not good for customers...
I had provided this feedbback to Skoda as well, but, again....

Good luck for your next Car,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Hi Hemant,

Came across this thread as I was searching for some ownership experiences of Rapid users!!! Specifically in Pune!!

I am wondering if you managed to scrape the bottom of the car anywhere in or around Pune, I am just wondering about the low GC when fully loaded. I own a Figo now and it has this major issue when loaded with 5 people.

Any pointers to deal with Viiraj SKODA? My experience was not so good with them when I visited them once. Unfortunately I couldn't TD the Rapid as it was too late (for them) when I reached thereat around 6:45 PM.

I see reverse camera in some pics, this I did not find in the new Rapid, was wondering if you installed it later or came with the car?
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks