Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2015, 19:46   #31
BHPian

Re: My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Folks,
Got my 1st free check-up done, my running has been about 5400 KMS, in last 6 months
Let me congratulate you for buying the fantastic piece of engineering which is very much of a driver's car(right after Fiesta as I would rule out Linea due to its lackluster engine).

I have driven my Rapid 1.6 Elegance for 5680 KMS in 3.5 months (Took delivery in March) and was told that the free checkup will be done at 7500 KMS. I am curious if you went for an early free checkup or were given a different time frame than mine.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:43   #32
BHPian

Thanks cruising_rapid.
The first free checkup is either 7500 KMS, or, after 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
I am curious if you went for an early free checkup or were given a different time frame than mine.

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 12th July 2015 at 21:44.
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:52   #33
BHPian

Hi Folks, A quick question,
I have been sitting on the fence, if at all to go for a Xenon HID kit for my Rapid from some time now.
The lighting is adequate for City driving, But, I feel I need more lighting for Highway runs.
After going through some threads and checking out on net, I have 2 options to go ahead, and I wanted to check with folks here, which would be a better one,

No. 1,
I can source a Philips Xenon HID Ket and get it fitted, the Kit Cost is Rs.9000/- + Fitting charges.

No. 2,
I can source a Xenon Kit from SKODA itself - from their Dealer/A.S.S and get it fitted at Rs.12,500/-

Speaking to the Guy from the Dealer ship, He informed that, They will give a 1 year Warranty for the Kit and was trying to impress that the SKODA Kit is better than other offerings..

Now, The Philips Kit is costing at-least Rs.2,000 less, but, I have the hassle of getting a good Mechanic to Fit the same, and, more worrisome, IF something happens later - It should not become a contention, and run into issues relating to Electrical Warranty. I have bought extended Warranty..
The Skoda Guy did say, Warranty will NOT be Void If I go for Philips, But, I am still worried,

Any suggestions?
Old 11th August 2015, 09:40   #34
BHPian

Hi,
I finally went for a Xenon HID Kit for my Projector / Low beam, from Skoda A.S.S.
Fitted "GENOME Xenon HID Kit", went with it because Skoda was fitting the same in their A.S.S with Warranty intact.
Tried sourcing Philips or Osram Xenon Kit, enquired at couple of shops in Pune, but could not get hold of it so decided, I will go with what Skoda was providing. I have not done any highway journey after this, but in city, seem much much better than Stock lighting.

The Bulbs are of 55 watts and 5000 K rating, Skoda is using 5000 k rated bulbs only, and they informed that same unit is being used in Superb and Octavia. I am intending to change my high Beam and Fog lamps as well to either Philips or Osram, I am still searching for proper info on these changes,
Old 12th August 2015, 00:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I finally went for a Xenon HID Kit for my Projector / Low beam, from Skoda A.S.S.
Fitted "GENOME Xenon HID Kit", went with it because Skoda was fitting the same in their A.S.S with Warranty intact.
Tried sourcing Philips or Osram Xenon Kit, enquired at couple of shops in Pune, but could not get hold of it so decided, I will go with what Skoda was providing. I have not done any highway journey after this, but in city, seem much much better than Stock lighting.

The Bulbs are of 55 watts and 5000 K rating, Skoda is using 5000 k rated bulbs only, and they informed that same unit is being used in Superb and Octavia. I am intending to change my high Beam and Fog lamps as well to either Philips or Osram, I am still searching for proper info on these changes,
Hi

I am also contemplating switching to xenons for low beam projectors. Could you please post pictures of the ballasts and how and where they have fixed them. Also, from the videos online it appeared to be a plug n play conversion. is it really so or did it require splicing of wires?
And largely the HID conversion kits have 35W bulbs. Are you sure that the bulbs you got are 55w?

Btw, from my little research, I think Superb and Octavia have the Hella kit and they are bi-xenons.

Last edited by torque18 : 12th August 2015 at 00:44.
Old 12th August 2015, 09:22   #36
BHPian

Sorry It was raining a bit and though I was standing right next to my car during fitting, I did not take any pics.
Its a plug and play - NO Wire cutting/splicing, there are sockets and its a neat fit.
Although I did not notice the bulbs physically - when they took out from the Kit and fitted it, In the Warranty card of the Kit, Its mentioned that the bulbs are of H7 type and 55W.
I feel it was a bit expensive, but its money spent well, the lighting is much much much better than stock setting,

Even though the Xenon's have made a huge impact, I am not 100% satisfied, from whatever little driving I did to test on Highway,,
I am contemplating, weather to Change the Fogs or Highbeam or BOTH of them - to either Philips or Osram, bulbs ONLY, to better the illumination.
Not sure, what are the bulb types, for High beam and Fog's I think are H8, not sure. I am still searching for this info and what bulb to buy,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi
I am also contemplating switching to xenons for low beam projectors. Could you please post pictures of the ballasts and how and where they have fixed them. Also, from the videos online it appeared to be a plug n play conversion. is it really so or did it require splicing of wires?
And largely the HID conversion kits have 35W bulbs. Are you sure that the bulbs you got are 55w?

Btw, from my little research, I think Superb and Octavia have the Hella kit and they are bi-xenons.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Its a plug and play - NO Wire cutting/splicing, there are sockets and its a neat fit.

Not sure, what are the bulb types, for High beam and Fog's I think are H8, not sure. I am still searching for this info and what bulb to buy,,
Guessed it right then 😊
But I am assuming that the rear caps behind the headlight unit would have been either removed or modified to make way for the protruding wires/sockets.

The high beams have H1 bulb and the fog lights are H8.
Old 12th August 2015, 16:37   #38
BHPian

I guess, they removed the rubber cap for the wires,

Getting conflicting info on bulb types.,
I am totally confused on this, from last 2/3 days, I am unable to come to an authoritative conclusion as to what type of bulbs are required for High Beam and Fogs,,

I believe the High beam is H8, and Fog is H11.
Guy from Skoda dealership told me its, H7 for High beam and H11 for Fog.
You are stating High beams are H1 and H8 for Fogs,,

Any idea - other than physically removing the Bulbs, How I can get verified info on this, So, I can decide to buy them?
Also, I am unable to decide between Philips Extreme Vision or Osram NB Unlimited (i think this is a White bulb). I am specifically looking for Yellow bulb - 4300 K,

Quote:
Guessed it right then ��
But I am assuming that the rear caps behind the headlight unit would have been either removed or modified to make way for the protruding wires/sockets.

The high beams have H1 bulb and the fog lights are H8.

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 12th August 2015 at 16:40.
Old 16th August 2015, 20:35   #39
BHPian

Hi,
Finally got my High beam's updated to Philips XTreme Vision + 130, its a H7.
+130 % is is a tall claim, but, certainly there is good improvement,
Initial impression is pretty Ok, but, need to actually Head out on a Highway at evening/night to test the efficacy,
My Car Lighting is upgraded now from Stock,
Genome Zenon HID for Low beam's and this for High beam's, Fog's are unchanged - for now,,

My first Service is coming up next month, I have done about 9000 KMS as of now, No Issues so far,
Planning for a longish drive, in next couple of weeks,
So long,,

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 16th August 2015 at 20:36.
Old 19th August 2015, 02:27   #40
BHPian

the fog light bulbs are H8 type for sure. You have confirmed the high beam to be h7 type.

Now the low beam projector bulb type is doubtful. Although you have mentioned that the papers with the HID kit mention it to be H7 but it is unlikely that the high beam and projector would have the same bulb type.
Old 22nd August 2015, 22:26   #41
BHPian

I have to check the low beam bulb type by actually removing the bulbs..
I am putting Fog Lamp upgrade on hold, I am pretty happy with the HID for Low Beam and Philips xtreme vision +130 for High beam for now..

Quote:
the fog light bulbs are H8 type for sure. You have confirmed the high beam to be h7 type.

Now the low beam projector bulb type is doubtful. Although you have mentioned that the papers with the HID kit mention it to be H7 but it is unlikely that the high beam and projector would have the same bulb type.
Old 30th October 2015, 16:19   #42
BHPian

Re: My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI - 1st Free Service Completed,

Hi Folks,
Got the 1st Service of my Car done. Have done a little over 10,000 KMS in a Year.
NO Issues, just regular service - Total cost = Rs.7500/- including oil top up, filter replacements.

Car is definitely smoother, I can feel a distinct difference,
I had inquired on the Rear Suspension THUD noise while exiting humps, No satisfactory answer - but they did say they would check on same.
At delivery informed there is no issue and have adjusted something and it should be reduced, looks like it, but, need to actually check.

Got a feedback request call from Skoda as well couple of day's later, on the service, general attitude, behavior and response of service center,
Good sign, there is effort to address the bad reputation of their A.S.S
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:05   #43
BHPian

Re: My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI - Update : 2nd service Completed

My Rapid's 2nd service was done yesterday,
Just a regular service, no major issues, couple of minor one - 1 not resolved.

Total Cost - Rs.13845/-
I feel this is bit more expensive than I had anticipated. the only out of way cost was to replace my Wipers.

There is 1 issue which I had pointed out to the Service Advisor, I see quite some rusting of my front wheel Break's. Both wheels.
They did nothing about it and when I spoke about it once the vehicle was delivered, He is telling me - there is no isssue with ther Breaks and Once I use the Car for some KMS,, it will be gone !!
He is telling me its not Rust, just some discoloration because of water,

Attached are couple of pics, Need advice on what I need to do on resolving this, Any feedback will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-img_20160922_122607.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-img_20160922_122624.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-img_20160922_122631.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-img_20160922_122642.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-img_20160922_122646.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-img_20160922_122649.jpg  

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-img_20160922_122653.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2016, 13:10   #44
BHPian

Hemant,
It is ok. Don't bother about it. It will go off once you do some braking. It happens, generally, if the car is not being used much.

BTW your bill of 13845 looks quite high. Can you provide the breakup please?
Mohan Mathew A is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:24   #45
BHPian

Thankyou Mohan, for a fast reply. Thats a relief,
Attached is the Bill. I was given to think, it would be about 10/11K,,
This amount is certainly more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Hemant,
It is ok. Don't bother about it. It will go off once you do some braking. It happens, generally, if the car is not being used much.

BTW your bill of 13845 looks quite high. Can you provide the breakup please?
My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-bill.gif

My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-bill1.gif

Last edited by GTO : 18th October 2016 at 23:52. Reason: Removing personal details. Please always mask them before uploading bills & documents :)
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks