Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:02   #46
BHPian

Re: My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI

Did you ask for cowl panel cleaning, door setting, brake cleaning, guided fault finding?

Even if you asked for it since your car is in warranty in my opinion door setting & GFF should not have been charged.

Also isn't washing involved in the paid service charges or does Skoda charge extra?

They have also charged you for 'Rust off' and 'Brake cleaner' in parts but if the pictures are taken after the service then the rust is still very much there.

In my opinion all of the extra work (except maybe the cowl cleaning) could have been avoided and/or should not have been charged

Second service should not have been more or less around the same cost as first.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:21   #47
BHPian

Hi Mohan,
No - I had not requested on the Cowl cleaning, Door settings. I got to know of this, only after looking at the Bill !!

Charging for cleaning the Car is ridiculous,, and also, noticed, they had just washed from outside, the interior was not touched, I pointed out some dust on the rear seats - when the car was delivered..

I had spoken on the Breaks Rust, which was supposed to have been cleaned/removed, though the Pics tell a different story.

For the GFF, actually, there was/is a minor niggle,
Couple of months ago, all of a sudden, i started noticing that the Hand break/Park light caution light was not OFF and there was continuous beep sound, which did not stop when the Hand break got released.

I went to the service center, as the Sound was continuous and was very irritating and distracting,,

They did a quick and dirty fix, and the Sound was totally stopped. So, now, If the hand break is engaged and if the Gear is engaged, there is no cautionary beep/sound, only the light.

I wanted this to be addressed and resolved. This problem is still there, and to check this thing, I was told they would run the GFF and test for this and other checks.

I will be providing feedback on this service to Skoda.
At least after my 1st service, I had got a feedback call from Skoda - not the dealer, I am hoping, I will get one, in next couple of days for this service as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Did you ask for cowl panel cleaning, door setting, brake cleaning, guided fault finding?

Even if you asked for it since your car is in warranty in my opinion door setting & GFF should not have been charged.

Also isn't washing involved in the paid service charges or does Skoda charge extra?

They have also charged you for 'Rust off' and 'Brake cleaner' in parts but if the pictures are taken after the service then the rust is still very much there.

In my opinion all of the extra work (except maybe the cowl cleaning) could have been avoided and/or should not have been charged

Second service should not have been more or less around the same cost as first.
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Hi Mohan,
No - I had not requested on the Cowl cleaning, Door settings. I got to know of this, only after looking at the Bill !!

Charging for cleaning the Car is ridiculous,, .
In addition to the other things that Mohan Mathew A has already pointed out, AC disinfectant is also something that services centers add to the services unnecessarily. In your case, it has been charged at Rs 753. Unless you had asked for it, or were having bad smell coming from the AC, this wasn't really required.
Car washing charges is ridiculous. The first item in the bill for some window/windscreen washing concentrate at 214 odd bucks is also suspect. Usually I have seen SA's add 4 pouches of it to the bill at Rs 10 each. Was this something different ?
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:16   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
In addition to the other things that Mohan Mathew A has already pointed out, AC disinfectant is also something that services centers add to the services unnecessarily. In your case, it has been charged at Rs 753. Unless you had asked for it, or were having bad smell coming from the AC, this wasn't really required.
Car washing charges is ridiculous. The first item in the bill for some window/windscreen washing concentrate at 214 odd bucks is also suspect. Usually I have seen SA's add 4 pouches of it to the bill at Rs 10 each. Was this something different ?
No, I have not asked for it and neither was there any foul smell. I did tell them that, I was feeling the AC was not as effective as before and to checkup. I was told, the right rear window glass had some vibrations, and they have sealed it. I never felt any vibrations or rattle,

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th September 2016 at 20:05. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing + typo corrections.
Old 24th September 2016, 20:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Hemant,

The charges are definitely on the higher side.
Ask them to refund the extras, show the below screenshot to them.
Tell them you will escalate to SKODA CARE.
Attached Thumbnails
My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI-capture.jpg  

Old 24th September 2016, 20:31   #51
BHPian

Thankyou, Will check on this F150;
I have spoke once to the Advisor, and other then appologies for not verifying with me, if certain things were necessary, nothing much happened. Will certainly provide feedback to Skoda,

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hey Hemant,

The charges are definitely on the higher side.
Ask them to refund the extras, show the below screenshot to them.
Tell them you will escalate to SKODA CARE.
Old 29th September 2016, 18:52   #52
BHPian

Hai Guys,
Took a couple of days more than anticipated, but did get a call from Skoda India, and the Service Center. I did provide my feedback on the service.

They have promised to take the car back on coming Tuesday to resolve the couple of Issue - not addressed earlier.

There was no word on the unnecessary works carried out - without my knowledge or consent, They have made a note of the same in my overall feedback and will process it.
I am hoping the feedback from customers will prompt them to be more careful and better their services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Thankyou, Will check on this F150;
I have spoke once to the Advisor, and other then appologies for not verifying with me, if certain things were necessary, nothing much happened. Will certainly provide feedback to Skoda,
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 15:10   #53
BHPian

Booked a skoda rapid DSG style plus yesterday
One of my friend gave me concerns about poor bluetooth address-book syncing and poor mic recepion !
Did anyone else experience any issue with stock HU?
Also hows the sound quality ?
And I noticed that unlike VW, skpda doesnt mention anything about the 3 year paint warranty and 6 years corrosion warranty
Is it there for skoda ?
I had plans to upgrade stock HU to Blaupunkt Philadelphia if stock HU is not good, but paying 60k including the Interface drives me off 😤
Old 17th October 2016, 12:11   #54
BHPian

Congratulations Sixthsense2k6,
Welcome to Club Rapid,, it's a very nice Car.
I had replaced the factory fitted Radio with Caska HU. Caska is truly junk.

My advice, please don't go for Caska, I am repenting my decision to go for this, The SA might push you for that..

Blaupankt Philadelphia is a much better choice, you can seriously consider that, it has OEM look, Its costing much less online.
You can check on Android HU also.

I am not aware of paint warranty, I opted for 3M underbody protection,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense2k6 View Post
Booked a skoda rapid DSG style plus yesterday
One of my friend gave me concerns about poor bluetooth address-book syncing and poor mic recepion !
Did anyone else experience any issue with stock HU?
Also hows the sound quality ?
And I noticed that unlike VW, skpda doesnt mention anything about the 3 year paint warranty and 6 years corrosion warranty
Is it there for skoda ?
I had plans to upgrade stock HU to Blaupunkt Philadelphia if stock HU is not good, but paying 60k including the Interface drives me off 😤
Old 17th October 2016, 18:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;4076179
Congratulations Sixthsense2k6,
Welcome to Club Rapid,, it's a very nice Car.
I had replaced the factory fitted Radio with Caska HU. Caska is truly junk.

My advice, please don't go for Caska, I am repenting my decision to go for this, The SA might push you for that..

Blaupankt Philadelphia is a much better choice, you can seriously consider that, it has OEM look, Its costing much less online.
You can check on Android HU also.

I am not aware of paint warranty, I opted for 3M underbody protection,

Thanks Hemant_Joshi
Will be delivered in two days
Searching Pioneer Apple car play compatatible one
Bp philadelphia is expensive, altogether 60k
Not worth the spend
As BP is now outsourced from China
So better a cheaper Pioneer with ASS and 2 yrs warranty
Old 17th October 2016, 23:30   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hemant, just read through the last couple of pages and noticed that you let the guys loose on the billing. Rather than providing the feedback to Skoda, you should have taken up this with the SA & the works manager.

1. You don't pay for something you didn't ask for.
2. Scanning & diagnosing errors are part of the service; you don't have to pay for it.
3. Usually washing charges are included in the "paid service" charges
4. The brake cleaning (in MA$$) is usually charged as extra, so I don't find it a problem here. You can still check with some Skoda owners on this; if someone get the car serviced from the same centre, even better.
5. Grab them before paying; once done, it's a lot more difficult to get the refund.
6. Put your foot down on not paying for additional jobs which you never signed off.
7. Warn them as soon as you sign up the sheet before the service starts that you'll not pay for any additional charges.
8. Make them re-do work umpteen times, if not to your satisfaction. Once they know they are dealing with someone tough, these guys mellow down.

Keep us posted on the updates; you should be very adamant in trying for a refund; atleast, that's my suggestion. If you need to know what'd the next service cost you, please jot down the details in the official review thread and am sure you'll get all the help you need.

Please also try to find out which is the better service centre in your vicinity (if there is more than 1 centre) and try to give the car to the better service centre.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 22:25   #57

@Hemant_Joshi

I have booked Skoda Rapid Style Diesel from Garve Skoda in Pune.

How is your experience with new dealers in Pune i.e Akoya and Garve?

Which dealer you prefer?

Any particular points which I need to see before taking delivery will be appreciated.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th January 2020 at 21:49. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 18th September 2022, 15:40   #58
BHPian

Great review! I am currently on the hunt for a small sedan/hatchback and the diesel manual Rapid is on my list, but the hard clutch and the stone like feel when you slot it into a gear is a little uncomfortable for me. But the other aspects of the car are great! Great precise steering, suspension tuning and build quality. Hence considering a TDI DSG, but it’s extremely expensive for a used car and hard to find a well maintained example. I drive a Scorpio and have not faced such uncomfortable shifts. It may be me or anyone else faced that experience?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks