Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 17:33   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Part 3: The ownership and the product review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
In addition to offroading, this mode is recommended for high speeds or wet conditions, since it adds to the stability of the vehicle. I have myself experienced this in high speed wet conditions, and can vouch for the added comfort and stability while driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post
Hi Jaggu - The Super Select 4WD gearbox has 2H, 4H, 4HLc and 4LLc modes. What I am referring to is the 4H mode, for added traction on highway or wet roads.
Word of caution, i think you should check with your service or technical people from Mistubishi on this.

Quote:
4H
(4WD high range)
When the weather turns bad and the roads get slick, switch to 4H mode for added traction. The dynamic 50:50 front/rear torque split gives you greater control for high-speed driving.
Quote is from above link and it says "weather turns bad and the roads get slick", and it is not dry and smooth tarmac. By engaging in dry and smooth tarmac the transmission can give issues in the long run. Unless there is enough electronics to protect the transmission system.

Do check once.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 19:10   #137
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Would be nice if someone can compile a write-up on the outing of the Pajero's. I did watch 5-6 videos but nothing much.

Aroon, if you are reading, please get that iron rod off. A vehicle like that, in a special color like the one you have, it simply doesn't gel. Strictly my opinion though. At the end of the day, your vehicle, your choice, but couldn't help myself from commenting

My SUV [new gen 4WD Scorpio] too has the 4H mode and I use it

# When I detect slippage of rear wheels.
# Too much thick sand/dirt. Now here, wheels don't spin, but after engaging 4H, I think the progress gets smoother.
# If I am crossing water logged place.

Not yet presented with many occasions to try the 4L.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th March 2015 at 19:12.
Old 26th March 2015, 19:39   #138
Team-BHP Support

The Super Select 4WD has either an open or limited slip center differential in 4H mode. So fast driving for long periods is perfectly fine. Just don't do it in the locked modes like 4HLc and 4LLc. The center diff is mostly open since I didn't see any mention of LSD in their description.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 08:21   #139
BHPian

Re: Part 3: The ownership and the product review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Word of caution, i think you should check with your service or technical people from Mistubishi on this.

Quote is from above link and it says "weather turns bad and the roads get slick", and it is not dry and smooth tarmac. By engaging in dry and smooth tarmac the transmission can give issues in the long run. Unless there is enough electronics to protect the transmission system.

Do check once.
Jaggu, thanks. We have discussed this in TBHP forums as well as with the Mitsu folks. Like Samurai has already remarked, the Pajero Sport has this thought through well - so in 4H mode, it has the slip differential where it can happily run in for as long as needed on any surface. The differential locks only in the other two modes and then you cannot drive on the tarmac. Thanks for checking on this again!

Last edited by anshuman_v : 27th March 2015 at 08:22.
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:08   #140
BHPian

Update: Second service @ 6 months/10K kms for Rs. 4,144

Got my Pajero Sport serviced for the second service. Had run for about 6K kms only, but it has been six months since purchasing the vehicle so sent it for the service. Had two small niggles to take care of:

- The last row floor seats have a loose floor lock mechanism - the floor seats kept getting opened randomly. Needed the lock to be tightened
- Try to loosen the clutch a little - this is fairly standard bleeding and loosening in the second service.

I needed to pay for oil filter and engine oil. I opted for mineral oil given my not-so-heavy usage so far, and the fact that I was getting an average of 10 kmpl with the mineral oil already.

Total bill for the service including taxes: Rs 4,144

Quite happy with the service experience. The driver came on dot for picking up the car, got good informative calls from the service advisor, prompt delivery and followup calls about feedback. The car seems to be running smoother after the service. So far, my service experience has been quite positive, with SVR motors. Loving it!
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:10   #141
BHPian

Re: Update: Second service @ 6 months/10K kms for Rs. 4,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post

- The last row floor seats have a loose floor lock mechanism - the floor seats kept getting opened randomly. Needed the lock to be tightened
- Try to loosen the clutch a little - this is fairly standard bleeding and loosening in the second service.

:
I have the same issue, third row, one of the seats does not lock properly.
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:17   #142
BHPian

Re: Update: Second service @ 6 months/10K kms for Rs. 4,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
I have the same issue, third row, one of the seats does not lock properly.
Wow, this has been the fastest response to any of my posts ever

They have managed to tighten it - hasnt recurred in the last one week or so. I havent done extensive testing, will confirm if it recurs!
Old 12th April 2015, 19:44   #143
BHPian

Got our Pajero Sport 4x2 AT on 30th March. Thanks a lot to Anshuman and Devdath for patiently answering many queries as I worked through the decision making process.
Have driven about 1K so far and its been an absolutely great experience.
Photos and review in a few days.

Last edited by vipulbatta : 12th April 2015 at 19:44. Reason: Typos
vipulbatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 10:07   #144
BHPian

A few photos of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_0698.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_0699.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_0700.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_0702.jpg  

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_0703.jpg  

Last edited by vipulbatta : 15th April 2015 at 10:10.
Old 15th April 2015, 11:40   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
Got our Pajero Sport 4x2 AT on 30th March. Thanks a lot to Anshuman and Devdath for patiently answering many queries as I worked through the decision making process.
Congrats Vipul. I understand you have been highway driving already.. do share experiences, fuel efficiency and so on.

Wishing you happy mile and terrain crunching. And yes, we should meet up sometime!
Old 17th April 2015, 09:46   #146
BHPian

Thanks Anshuman!
Yes, we did ~850Km drive to Coonoor+Mysore and back 2 days after picking up the vehicle. The experience was great and the car feels very grounded and stable, increasing driver and passenger confidence. This was the first car trip my wife was not very worried about safety with 2 small kids! The only issue I find is the pick-up being a bit low at low speeds... but that issue is overcome by using the paddle shifters.
So, essentially, if you accelerate harder after slowing down, the car goes like "hmm.. are you sure you want to accelerate? really, absolutely sure?? Ok, here goes" and then it kicks in . That does take a bit of getting used to. But overall its extremely comfortable for long drivers.
Fuel efficiency was around 7kmpl, dropped to around 6 in the hills. I did not take the 36 hairpin route up, but took the regular one through Gudalur.

there is some road work after mysore and a few diversions of untarred roads and driving over that ont he Pajero was very comfortable.... Nice to just drive around sedans which were gingerly trying to find the least broken road and on the Pajero you just take the shortest straight line without any worry about the terrain.

After this long drive, my feeling of Pajero being more fun to drive than the Fortuner (my personal opinion only) was reinforced!
Old 17th April 2015, 15:31   #147
BHPian

Good to know, Vipul. I have been doing Blr-Hyd-Blr - about 1500 km trips over long weekends with consummate ease. I typically travel with wife, mom and kids - and all seats and provisions are just so much easy.

Two beliefs getting reinforced with your observations: newer Pajeros seem to drink more fuel, and AT versions drink more fuel. I have been consistently getting around 10 kmpl in my manual version, touch wood! I think yours might start serving better mileage once you have done the second service.
Old 17th April 2015, 22:47   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
Congrats, the pajero is the underrated SUV in the 30 Lakhs bracket. Pity they are not offering 4 x 4 in the auto. How is the auto gearbox to drive?

Does the Second row seat slide and recline. Heard that they have removed this feature in the 2015 models?

Waiting for your ownership thread with lot of photos.
Old 21st April 2015, 14:35   #149
BHPian

Leaving in 30 minutes to take delivery of my Father-in-law's Pajero Sport 4 x 2 Auto (Blue colour). This will be his 1st Auto transmission vehicle, which is why I have been called to take delivery :-) Excited and looking forward to using it, occasionally.

Sarvodaya> At the time of TD'ing the vehicle, the Auto gearbox was not as jerky as my Honda City's, if I floor the pedal. In the Honda city, you can make out the gears changing, as you floor the pedal gradually, but not on the Pajero. The other vehicle I drive is the A4. The Pajero transmission isn't as smooth as the A4.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 21st April 2015 at 14:41.
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:46   #150
BHPian

Sarvodaya - The auto box is fantastic for both city and highway.. Only concern I have is the slow pickup when trying to accelerate quickly. That is something you get used to very quickly. It is a sedate beast . Agree with ritesh, for typical driving you do not feel the gear changes.
The 2nd row reclines, but does not slide. I have not felt a need for it as leg room is great even with 1st row fully back.
Plan to work on ownership thread this weekend!

Most Viewed