Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 09:52   #166

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Just curious - what is the actual Montero called over there?
Montero is just called Montero . I think a Montero Sport MT basic here goes for 25 lahks? Car import duties in Costa Rica are crazy. Price below is USD.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-promodiadelpadre.jpg
GarotoCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 09:58   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Leaving in 30 minutes to take delivery of my Father-in-law's Pajero Sport 4 x 2 Auto (Blue colour). This will be his 1st Auto transmission vehicle, which is why I have been called to take delivery :-) Excited and looking forward to using it, occasionally.
Ritesh, congrats on the new vehicle in the family. Do post pics and any driving experiences as possible. Happy mile crunching to you and in-laws.

Quote:
Hi Vipul, I personally havent - but I would suggest you go for it. Heck, why not accessorize and have fun with something thats quite useful. One tip: you might want to get some of these from JC Road, rather than the showroom - it almost costs half the amount for the same parts that are imported from Thailand.
Did you get this, Vipul? If so, updates on usefulness, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post
Thanks Anshuman. Have been wanting to get a neat profile pic. Will do so soon. I promise
Looks like you did manage it, caraddict - well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarotoCR View Post
Montero is just called Montero . I think a Montero Sport MT basic here goes for 25 lahks? Car import duties in Costa Rica are crazy. Price below is USD.
Well, if it costs 25 lakhs on-road in Costa Rica - its still way cheaper than in India. Depending on which city you are in, the Pajero Sport will cost anywhere between ~29 to ~32 lakhs on-road in India. Gotta love the taxes!
Old 29th June 2015, 11:28   #168
BHPian

Hi Anshuman, no I have not had a chance yet. Things been very hectic at work... Even my ownership report is work in progress :(
Old 7th July 2015, 16:59   #169

Hi All,
On the thread!! I have gone through the reviews on this page and all the links provided. I cannot tell how confused and scared i was to buy something of 30+ Lacs and with the word going around that you don't get support after sales.
Then after i read all the posts here, i almost went from fan to crazy for PS. Also, i thought, if a 32L vehicle has to be taken to Garage frequently, it is as well not worth buying it??
Finally the day came ( 29-05-15) when I was invited for the delivery.
- Though not very impressive during my initial tryst with them, SVR did a fairly good job during delivery.
- The Music system was not very effectively working and i was so upset that i cannot show the new vehicle to my friends in absence of that.
- They promised to get it replaced by the time i reach home. And they did. But the engineer who came to my home was not well trained.
- I had to sit in the car, call the SVR service head, and debug the system ( specially the navigation)
- Since then it has worked like "makkhan".

I have been to Bombay once, Wayland and few small trips it is already 3.6K in a month now. the vehicle has performed like an absolute charm. Few things that i have noticed ( coming from Safari)
- It is not as spacious as Safari is. That's it. You will not be very happy if you are shifting from Safari to this car, in terms of space.
- This has a different power ratios WRT gears. i.e. to say I did not feel same thrust in similar gears. You have to be in lower gears in city. Please check the manual for right gear shifting speeds.
- I have not yet managed to get an mileage of 10+. Never
- I have applied the 4X4 HHC mode once, when i got stuck in mud. It came out easily.

That's it for now. I will be adding more details and pics soon.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2015 at 17:41. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
sidPAjero4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 12:41   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidPAjero4x4 View Post
- The Music system was not very effectively working and i was so upset that i cannot show the new vehicle to my friends in absence of that.
- They promised to get it replaced by the time i reach home. And they did. But the engineer who came to my home was not well trained.
- I had to sit in the car, call the SVR service head, and debug the system ( specially the navigation)
- Since then it has worked like "makkhan".
Congratulations and welcome to the club...!!
Yes, the the sound system is buggy at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidPAjero4x4 View Post
I have been to Bombay once, Wayland and few small trips it is already 3.6K in a month now. the vehicle has performed like an absolute charm. Few things that i have noticed ( coming from Safari)
- It is not as spacious as Safari is. That's it. You will not be very happy if you are shifting from Safari to this car, in terms of space.
- This has a different power ratios WRT gears. i.e. to say I did not feel same thrust in similar gears. You have to be in lower gears in city. Please check the manual for right gear shifting speeds.
- I have not yet managed to get an mileage of 10+. Never
- I have applied the 4X4 HHC mode once, when i got stuck in mud. It came out easily.
Yes, the Safari has more space in the middle row but the PS has a better last row, so as a 6 seater, it is better than the Safari but as a 5 seater, the Safari is better.

Why didn't you consider the new Storme 4wd?

The gear ratios will take some time getting used to, and yes they are taller than the Safari.

Your fuel efficiency will improve after 10k km. Till then, it will stay between 9-10kmpl. I have faced it too.

Why dont you start you own ownership thread? It will be a good diary for your memoirs with the truck.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 10:16   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Why dont you start you own ownership thread? It will be a good diary for your memoirs with the truck.
Buddy, I would request you to start an ownership thread as well, please. You too can document your experience which few can and too of a SUV which isn't much documented.

Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 16:58   #172
BHPian

Puncture experience: I had my first puncture, thanks to a nail going through one of the tyres. I didnt even notice the puncture, the guard where I park said the tyre pressure looked low. So I tried to change to the spare tyre, was able to do so with the instructions in the manual. Good handy toolkit, was able to utilize it to do everything. Really liked the way the jack fits in and out of its cubbyhole, as well as the extended lever for rotating the jack - a neat three piece mechanism.

The spare wheel has a standard rotate and loosen the tyre to the ground, mechanism. Only crib against this is - you have to be athletic enough to lift the tyre partially so you can disengage the chain that holds it. Not sure if there is a smarter way to do it, Gurus may please comment.

Took me ~45 minutes to change the tyre. And the puncture was fixed pretty easily - single insert for Rs 130. Didn't get scammed with the multiple puncture scam, so all well!
Old 10th July 2015, 23:13   #173
BANNED

Quote:
Not sure if there is a smarter way to do it, Gurus may please comment.
Not really, it is indeed a slight exercise.

Quote:
Took me ~45 minutes to change the tyre. And the puncture was fixed pretty easily - single insert for Rs 130.
With practice, it comes down to around 15 minutes.

Have that tire balanced the next time you go to a tire store. That puncture plug would have slightly changed the tire balance. Also, it would not be a bad idea to put the repaired tire back to its place so that your stepney remains puncture free. It would also help you practice removing and refitting a tire, once again.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 15:41   #174
BHPian

Dear All,
Does PS have a function where in all doors auto lock beyond a certain speed i.e. 20 KM/hr. currently have to manually lock the driver side door for all the doors to lock once on the move. Didn't find any thing in the manual either.

Thanks to Arun , Satpal, Anshuman, Devdath and all on T-BHP and TAI for giving honest and passionate views which helped me get below delivered two weeks back. Completed first service at 1 K without any issues.

Ownership review , hopefully soon .

Rgrds/kartik
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-ps-2.jpg  

kartik.virmani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 17:15   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Dear All,
Does PS have a function where in all doors auto lock beyond a certain speed i.e. 20 KM/hr. currently have to manually lock the driver side door for all the doors to lock once on the move. Didn't find any thing in the manual either.
No it does not , at least the manual transmission one does not.

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:34   #176

I too have listened to my heart and picked up a Pajero this September. Haven't done a long drive yet except a 750km to and fro Aurangabad. Big plans next year.
swazy82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:59   #177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
I too have listened to my heart and picked up a Pajero this September.
Congratulations..!!
This vehicle is indeed a "heart over head" decision. Why don't you pen your ownership review with photographs? It would be a good read for all of us.
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:18   #178

Will do for sure when I come back after my work trip next February
Old 11th November 2015, 22:26   #179
BHPian

For the past month, been struggling to decide on the SUV question of the day, Fortuner vs Pajero. This was to be the successor to the 12 year old Scorpio DLX I had and in which we had done 160,000 kms.

Want to thank Anshuman, Satpal Sharma and Harbir for their excellent ownership reports and for the great discussions on both threads particularly the posts by Devdath and Sharpshooter which led me to finally choose the Pajero Sports MT last week. Of course after test drives.

Dealer: Pethkar Motors, Pune
Negotiated price: 31.5 L including 3D mats and and further paint protection
Delivery time: Last week November since Blue is a rare colour apparently

Will post snaps and ownership review once it comes.

Meanwhile, very curious to know how the Pajero Sports compares to the Pajero SFX in terms of driving experience. I have searched this forum, others such as TAI and the net but while we get individual reports and specifications of both, have yet to see a drive comparison of both.

So if someone has driven both would be great to know how the two compare in terms of experience in normal drives and of course off-roading.

Thanks in advance
bevivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 18:01   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
This was to be the successor to the 12 year old Scorpio DLX I had and in which we had done 160,000 kms.
We are in the same boat here. Hariya (my Scorpio CRDe) was my faithful companion for 1,70,000km as well.

Quote:
Want to thank.....which led me to finally choose the Pajero Sports MT last week. Of course after test drives.
Congratulations on booking a vehicle full of character. Will look forward to your ownership review and experience.
Quote:
Meanwhile, very curious to know how the Pajero Sports compares to the Pajero SFX in terms of driving experience. I have searched this forum, others such as TAI and the net but while we get individual reports and specifications of both, have yet to see a drive comparison of both.
Let me share what I know.

Normal/On road Drives:
The SFX, owing to its shorter gearing, is a very torquey vehicle to drive. Feels like the older Jeeps but a million times more refined of course. The Sport on the other hand, waits for the turbo to spool (1400rpm) before it beings to feel powerful, however it has a very, very strong mid range and hence at speeds above 100kmph, it simply blows the SFX away in cruising, overtaking and accelerating. Lastly, while the SFX runs out of breath and feels stressed at speeds above 120kmph, the Sport feels very alive all the way to its top speed of 200kmph (on the speedometer) and is simply a much better mile muncher.

Also, small things like better headlights, foglamps, and slightly better brakes than the SFX make it a better highway vehicle.

Ride quality & handling have always been a hallmark of the Pajero (all versions) and both the SFX and the Sport are pretty similar in that aspect, however, the SFX has thicker seats with more padding so they feel like a good old sofa to sit on. Also, the SFX has lumbar support which the Sport doesn't. Further, the last row of the Sport has more space than the SFX.
Air conditioning is more than adequate on both as is braking which is excellent.

Off Road:

Here, there are two scenarios:

1. In crawling over rocks, gently stepping over obstacles, the SFX is the easier truck because of its DI engine and low end torque. The Sport will require the driver to be slightly more experienced and choose the right gear. The SFX also has a very direct steering which adds to the pleasure.

2. Trail/slush/snow driving: Here, the bigger wheels of the Sport coupled with its 400NM torque make mince meat of the terrain and progress is faster and more confidence inspiring.

Hope this was of some help to you in understanding both the vehicles at a high level.
n.devdath is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks