Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 09:35   #271
BANNED

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Wanted to seek any experts views on this, and if this will work with the Pajero Sports at all?
Ideally it should. It is pretty simple communication using BT from the OBD port connector to the projector mounted on the dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
The K&N/BMC air filter and AC cabin filter are on my list the next time I take it to the service station.
Congratulations and welcome to the club...!!!

A word of caution here about the planned upgrades. I used the K&N filter for a few days and observed my FE drop by at least 1kmpl which I was not ok with and hence passed it on to Anshuman, who is happy with its performance.

As far as the ac filter goes, I will arrange it for you at a much more cost effective price than the dealer (who charges INR 4600 plus taxes). Let me know.

Another tip, I have been using System-D at every alternate tank and am happy with the results.

Finally, please put up your ownership review thread.
Old 25th May 2016, 09:51   #272
BHPian

Thank you Devnath. Yes, I am aware from one of your earlier posts that the K&N increases consumption slightly, I'm ok with this provided it improves low end torque (1000-1700rpm). I have been using SystemD on my other lovingly driven Mitsubishi for a long time now and shall do so with the Pajero too. I emailed you a while back, shall write you again about the AC filter, I don't think I can send you a private message here yet.
Prozac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 15:22   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Congratulations....!!!

I also guess it is time you started your own ownership report of the PS
Hello Dev,

Thank you very much. Not been around these parts and therefore the delay in my response.

I would actually add very little value to what the others have already said.

I will sum it up here (if it is OK with Anshuman)

Plus:

a) Driving pleasure is something else
b) Very comfortable
c) Commanding presence
d) Road / No Road = No Problem

Minus (so far) :

a) Clutch is very hard (I come from a Scorpio which I still own and the clutch now seems very light on the Scorpio )

Issues (so far) :
a) Navigator and Head unit does not function properly. Need to get it sorted out when time permits

Apart from that I cant seem to wipe the grin off my face everytime I am behind the wheel.

Apologies once again Anshuman for hijacking your thread.

Cheers & drive safe.
Anand

Congrats Prozac on your purchase and welcome to the PS Club. May the tribe grow.

Last edited by anvara : 31st May 2016 at 15:23.
anvara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 17:31   #274

Hello everyone!

Finally got the cruise control installed last week. Works quite well !

As mentioned here by other members the K&N filter has affected the fuel economy, though am not looking to change it back right away.

Heres a request to the members, I am planning to go on a road trip in mid-July. Any suggestions on where to go would be most welcome. The trip should be around 5-6 days ex Gurgaon.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rahul
Old 20th June 2016, 17:59   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul27d View Post
Hello everyone!

Finally got the cruise control installed last week. Works quite well !

As mentioned here by other members the K&N filter has affected the fuel economy, though am not looking to change it back right away.

Heres a request to the members, I am planning to go on a road trip in mid-July. Any suggestions on where to go would be most welcome. The trip should be around 5-6 days ex Gurgaon.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rahul
Nice, some pics of the Cruise Control install would be awesome to have.

BTW, which K&N filter is this? How come FE is affected due to this? I had K&N Typhoon full kit on my Civic and in fact with Normal drive, the FE was slightly increased tankful to tankful. So, I find it strange FE going down after installing aftermarket filter. I could be totally wrong but it seems may be it is not 100% compatible with the vehicle.

Re, a 5/6 day round trip from Gurgaon. There are plenty of options.

1) Gurgaon - Shimla - Rampur - Chitkul - Back to Gurgaon (my personal choice).

2) Gurgaon - Kullu - Manali - Rohtang - Back to Gurgaon

Another extension (if you really want to push the drive) can be in addition to the top above Rohtang - Gramphu - Kaza/Spiti Valley - Return Via Chitkul/Rampur.

3) Gurgaon - Pathankot - Dalhousie - Kishtwar - Back to Gurgaon (awesome for some off-beaten route drive)

4) Gurgaon - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Back to Gurgaon (sure it may be hot in Day, however the desert is cool and calm at nights).

5) An extension of Plan 4, drop Jaisalmer and add Udaipur and Mount Abu to it.

6) Classic Golden Triangle Trip - Gurgaon - Agra - Fatehpur Sikri - Bharatpur - Jaipur - Back to Gurgaon.

I hope you have some options here and others may add in for more.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 21:52   #276

Ace !
Thanks so much for the reply and all the options!

Am attaching the pictures of the cruise control and the Air Filter. Regarding the FE, after the filter install I hardly cross 7-8 under city driving conditions with AC on.My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466439708.448244.jpgMy Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466439728.273533.jpgMy Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466439743.666970.jpg

Thanks again!
Rahul
rahul27d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 09:16   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul27d View Post
Ace !
Thanks so much for the reply and all the options!

Am attaching the pictures of the cruise control and the Air Filter. Regarding the FE, after the filter install I hardly cross 7-8 under city driving conditions with AC on.Attachment 1519608Attachment 1519609Attachment 1519610

Thanks again!
Rahul
Thanks for the pics, Rahul. Neatly done.

So, if the FE is dropped after changing the filter, can you let me know what is the exact use of this filter? I am sure the performance isn't increased dramatically! 1-2 kmpl is too much to lose for that minuscule increment in performance. Would suggest you to put back the OEM filter and sell this one off. OLX pe bech de!

Let's get back to anshuman_v's original topic, shall we!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 01:03   #278
BHPian

Dear All, Thanks for the fantastic write ups!
I'm considering buying Pajero Sport.
I have a question - when Pajero's USP is 4X4, why do people buy AT 4X2?

TIA
Venkat
Old 25th June 2016, 09:11   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Interesting , perhaps for the same reasons as people buy more of 4x2 Auto Fortuner's most guys need something big , to show they have arrived & no one outside will ever know if its 4x4 or just rear driven, otherwise an Innova will be a better choice to travel in comfort Do consider driving new Endeavour as well, I am loving the one I bought and despite having other BMW's at home , I still pick this if I have to travel somewhere in remote or at odd hours.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 09:18   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by genopv View Post
Welcome to the club Venkat...!!!

The Pajero Sport is one vehicle which exudes a lot of character, on all fronts. In today's day and age when vehicles are becoming "appliances", the Pajero Sport continues to be a much more involving ride. That is what appeals to a lot of us owners.

For most people, a 2WD 7 seater is all they need for their motoring needs and while an Innova could probably fulfil their "need", the driving pleasure an SUV (even in its 2WD guise) gives you, the ride quality it gives you cannot be matched by an MPV. Further, a lot of urban customers prefer the convenience of an AT for their daily city drive and the PS doesn't have an AT 4WD option.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 18:20   #281
BHPian

Had similar dilemma before booking our PS AT. The fortuner 4x4 AT was an option but we did not enjoy driving the fortuner and also the looks of Pajero IMHO are much better than for a true blue SUV. So compromised for 4x2 but since 99% of driving is in non 4x4 territory felt it was ok. Now after having the PS AT for a year, absolutely no regrets
Old 11th July 2016, 13:59   #282

Hi everyone here:

I had posted some queries earlier here regarding the PS, and considered you feed backs received. I, eventually bought PS 4x4 in mid April, did the run in, did the first service and wheel alignment (it was slightly off) changed the oil after the first 1000kms (though not recommended) and put a ac air filter. Did a 6k trip Mumbai - Amritsar - Katra - Srinagar - Kargil - Leh - Mandi - Chittorgardh - Mumbai over 19 days. I must say the PS is the one of the best for bad roads, the car can really take a beating.

Plus Points - Driving fatigue is very less, ride is very good, lights are adequate, breaking at high speeds superb, cooling was more than adequate.

Minus Point -- turbo lag (takes time getting used to it, need to down shift earlier) below 1800 rpm it does not pull sufficiently.

On the whole trip no problem faced at all, fuel consumption was in the range of 10.5 to 11 for the whole trip. Have done around 9k kms now all good so far.

Cheers,

Ashok J. Patil
Mumbai.
shoky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 13:32   #283
BHPian

Dear esteemed members,

After reading through the reviews and posts from you, I have almost decided to go for a PS MT. But still having a little bit of confusion between PS MT and SAfari Storme varicor 400.

Please excuse me here. I am not comparing the 2 monsters here.
I am in need of your expert suggestions

All I require is a reliable true SUV, which can accommodate 5 people in Luxury and occasionally 7 people.

Safari storme does not have a reclining middle row seat where as the Pajero sport offers.

I earlier had a Safari Dicor 2WD and have experienced all the niggles including the engine replacement and turbo replacement under warranty.
But I sold it a year back as I was not in Bangalore.

Though my heart says Safari (Compared to the price difference with the PS), I am hesitating a bit here after seeing those niggles.

Yesterday I visited SVR motors at Richmond Road and got a quotation for PS MT 4x4.
Ex-Showroom Price : 28,21,000=00
TCS : 28,700=00
RTO and Handling Charges : 5,88,636=00
Insurance : 88,974=00

I enquired about the offers. The sales representative told me that they would be giving Insurance free of Cost + Corporate discount of 20000 INR.

I have asked for a test drive this Sunday.

Do I need to look for anything else with the dealer before making my booking ?

Other question was related to Safari. Can the middle row in Safari Storme made to recline without hampering the legspace ? (after market modification).

Please excuse me for being off topic here.
Old 25th August 2016, 15:58   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
All I require is a reliable true SUV, which can accommodate 5 people in Luxury and occasionally 7 people.

I have asked for a test drive this Sunday.

Do I need to look for anything else with the dealer before making my booking ?
Yes, quite a few things.

Do you need a 4WD? If not, have you looked at the Innova Crysta? Further, are you sure you want to buy a manual vehicle after paying 3 million rupees?

Also, the schemes keep changing on a monthly basis and the next month, being close to the festive season should have more schemes coming up. A lot of us here have been able to get good deals by negotiating hard with the dealer and we can try stuff together.

Let me know if you need any further inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
Other question was related to Safari. Can the middle row in Safari Storme made to recline without hampering the legspace ? (after market modification).
Should be possible, but will end up rattling and more importantly, not reclining in a straight line which could cause comfort issues to people. You will also need to remove the last row of seats for it to happen. Alternatively, you could, if it suits you, put captain seats from the Innova in the middle row, but that would make it a 4 seater only.
Old 25th August 2016, 22:17   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, quite a few things.

Do you need a 4WD? If not, have you looked at the Innova Crysta? Further, are you sure you want to buy a manual vehicle after paying 3 million rupees?

Also, the schemes keep changing on a monthly basis and the next month, being close to the festive season should have more schemes coming up. A lot of us here have been able to get good deals by negotiating hard with the dealer and we can try stuff together.
Yes. I need a 4WD. Though I do not have more experience in offroading, would like to explore more in that front after owning a Pajero sport.
Hence Innova Crysta is ruled out.
For some reason, I did not like auto transmission so far. Moreover Pajero sport AT is only available with 2WD option.

Will wait for more offers from the dealer as festive season is around.
Any clue on the waiting period for Pajero sport in Bangalore.

Most Viewed