Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 22:44   #286
BANNED

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
Any clue on the waiting period for Pajero sport in Bangalore.
You are pretty clear in your decision.

Waiting periods are are very low. What color are you looking at?

Let me know what the dealer tells you and I will put a word to the Co if required.
Old 28th August 2016, 11:51   #287

its been a year since my beast arrived. So I treated my beast on his birthday, went ahead and installed cruise control.
Special thanks to Dev for acquiring the parts and guiding through the installation.
The cruise control works like a charm and a boon on empty good roads.
I will try it out on a big trip next time.
Sorry for hacking the thread and going off topic.
So far i have clocked 12000 km with beast almost 90% on highway trips.
Average incurred has been 10-12km/ltr with AC on all the times on highways.
Done with the 10000 km service. As suggested by Dev Oil change done, normal oil not synthetic. Normal health check up, the beast has grown much smother than before after the service.
I'm loving every bit of the beast.
Thanks Tbhp for making my choice for me, of buying the Beast.
Special mention to Dev and hope to get more help in future.
Regards
Swaroop
swazy82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 09:19   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You are pretty clear in your decision. .
Sorry for the late response. I was not in town for the last 3 days.
Yes Dev. Thanks to you, Anshuman, Aroon, Satpal and other members of this forum in helping me make my decision even though I have not driven a Pajero sport so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Waiting periods are are very low. What color are you looking at?

Let me know what the dealer tells you and I will put a word to the Co if required.
I am looking for Himalayan White color. Booked the test drive for Wednesday as I was not in town over the week end. Will update here once I take the TD.
Old 29th August 2016, 09:29   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
its been a year since my beast arrived. So I treated my beast on his birthday, went ahead and installed cruise control.
Swaroop, Congratulations on the first anniversary with the beast !
I had one question with respect to the installation of the cruise control. Will it not hamper the warranty. The dealer (SVR@Richmond Road) told me that the cruise control installation will void the warranty.
Old 30th August 2016, 07:55   #290

As far as I know the cruise control is available at the dealers itself, and the wiring is already installed in the Pajero. Only things missing are three switches. The control on the steering and 2 proximity switches, one for brake and clutch pedals. So the installation is just plug and play. So I don't think the warranty is hampered here.
Old 31st August 2016, 00:07   #291
BANNED

Quote:
The dealer (SVR@Richmond Road) told me that the cruise control installation will void the warranty.
Thats nonsense.

Also, dealers sell the CC kit at fancy prices whereas it is available at much better prices outside.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 20:00   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late response. I was not in town for the last 3 days.
Yes Dev. Thanks to you, Anshuman, Aroon, Satpal and other members of this forum in helping me make my decision even though I have not driven a Pajero sport so far.
I am looking for Himalayan White color. Booked the test drive for Wednesday as I was not in town over the week end. Will update here once I take the TD.
All the best, buddy. Hope you have fun with the TD. Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 5th September 2016, 10:31   #293

I want to upgrade the lights on my beast, any suggestions please.
I have white xenons in mind, for high beam. Please help
Regards
Swaroop
Old 12th September 2016, 13:39   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
All the best, buddy. Hope you have fun with the TD. Let us know if you have any questions.
I had the test drive of Pajero sport. It was really fun driving the monster.
Though I liked it, my wife and parents liked the seating and space of the Safari over Pajero sport.
Hence I have booked the Safari storme varicor 400 (4x2) considering my family opinion and my budget constraints at this time.
I did not book a 4x4 safari storme as I am thinking to upgrade for a Pajero sport after few years when I am more stable with my finances.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Regards,
Shamanth
shams_4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 17:19   #295
BANNED

Quote:
Hence I have booked the Safari storme varicor 400 (4x2) considering my family opinion and my budget constraints at this time
Slightly off topic but did you also look at the XUV & the Scorpio along with the Innova?

If yes, what are your views and if no, why?
Old 15th September 2016, 09:33   #296
BHPian

Concept cars are a great way to show case that the company is committed in development and staying ahead with time. Glad to see Mitsubishi entering the plug-in hybrid world, the concept images look sick!

Cheers Mitsi, do make it to India (esp., the Ground Tourer)

2016 Paris Motor Show
Pretorian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 18:22   #297
BHPian

Hi All,

you guys have made me a proud owner of the Pajero Sport. I recently acquired a pre-owned anniversary edition 2014 model. It has done 20K kms and I have few queries.

1. getting a rough idle at around 800rpm, when there is no AC. is it normal?

2. I can see the "sonometer off" light stays on, in the console, but the reverse sensor still works as expected.

3. Strange turbo sound (kind of a rough note), while accelerating "fast" from the lower RPM, it is not the regular turbo whistle. As devdath pointed out in of the post, I am also feeling a slight vibration from the drivetrain (also not so pleasant engine sound also) while crossing a hump, looks like may be due to the turbo lag.

4. I feel the breaks are not biting properly in my beast. I found the breaks are much better than fortuner's, while taking a TD from the showroom. I will be taking it to the ASC in next couple of days, will check with them.

5. one of the third raw seat folding mechanism is not working because of the broken "pulling rope". Will this cover under warranty? as the car just completed 2 years now, and I read somewhere that the standard warranty is for 3 years.

6. Navigation is not working, don't know whether the memory card is in place or not. how to check it?

Upgrades/mods planned: Cruise control, 4300K HID, LED cabin lights, audio upgrade with LCD screens, AC filter/Cabin air filter.

I am travelling to Delhi next week and would like to get some parts like, cruise control, cabin air filter, and break pads from there. I have the contact details of the Delhi importer (thanks to Devdath).

Any contact in the ASC, SVR Bommanahalli also would be helpful, as I am taking the car there on 5th Oct.

Thanks in advance
Speed-Gladiator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:54   #298

Just returned from a Cross country trip.
Mumbai Manali Mumbai.
Road taken Mumbai Manali was Mumba-Baroda-Godhra-Udaipur-Jaipur-Rohtak-Panipat-Ambala-Manali. With night halts at Jaiput and Mandi. Cruise control worked on highways worked like a charm. I was able to use the Legendary 4x4 of Mitsubishi on steep roads in snow clad roads in Manali.
Return Trip was Manali-Amritsar-Ajmer-Baroda-Mumbai.
Had a tyre burst near ajmer no problems faced as the incident happened close to a puncture repair shop, patched the tyre and put a tube and used the tyre as spare, Now looking for a new tyre. Any advice should i go for OE Apollo tyres or change the complete set to Yokos. Total kms done is 18000km.
North bound trip had loads of toll as we went through Haryana, roads are good but expensive tolls. Average milage throughout was 10kmpl with AC on full time. However milage drops when throttled speeds to 120kmph.
Return Trip through rajasthan was also good but less tolls.
Please advise on tyres.
Much Appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:22   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please advise on tyres.
Good thing is, Mitsubishi Pajero Sports has the same tire/wheel combo as the Toyota Fortuner. Please search the forum and here are two links for your benefit.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...contact-t.html
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:54   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Had a tyre burst near ajmer no problems faced as the incident happened close to a puncture repair shop, patched the tyre and put a tube and used the tyre as spare, Now looking for a new tyre. Any advice should i go for OE Apollo tyres or change the complete set to Yokos. Total kms done is 18000km.
I'd recommend Yokohama. No need to change all tires though, you've only run them 18000km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks