Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:36   #196

Love hurts! - My story

Hello Friends!

Here goes my first post to Team-BHP...

From the day this beauty (Honda Civic) was launched, I fell in love with the beauty (I am sure I have company here)...the love and madness reached to the point that if I ever saw it coming in the rear view mirror, I would gracefully give way for the beauty to pass, and in the process....ogle!

As destiny had planned, I never got to visit a Honda dealership to look at the car or do a test drive or even be a co-passenger in anyone's Civic. Well, it was kinda ok, as I was now looking for a Diesel car and checked out the Innovas, Fiestas, Vernas of the world...as it is, Civic was probably going to be my "next" change, owing to its price and my need of a diesel car...and after a lot of research, I closed on the Innova G4 and was about to place the order.

Then the night before I was to place the order for the Innova G4, I was telling my wife about the differences in G4 and the V variants, she insisted that we get the V variant, considering the added features. I just made a passing remark saying that the Innova V (Diesel, of course) is almost as expensive as the Civic....to which, to my utter surprise, she (almost nonchalantly) responded back saying "fine, go ahead for the Civic then"!! I couldn't believe that that was true, and I confirmed with her, to which she simply nodded. Voila!!

Next day, I went in and booked a Honda Civic MT (through a Company Car Lease program, which meant that I didn’t even need to go to the dealership). As luck would have it, they had the Habanero Red color that I was seeking and I got the delivery within two days!! So, here I was, at the dealership (Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon) on this Friday afternoon taking the delivery of this beauty, without ever even had sat in one yet!!

I must admit, I must’ve spent numerous hours within the Wednesday and Friday fantasizing this beauty and reading this entire thread over and over again on Team-BHP!! Thanks to all your comments, which I had read a day earlier also on the Civic, I ended up relying on getting this one for me!

Well, the story doesn’t really end here….I finally drove out of the showroom…ah, it was like a dream come true…I was completely immersed and soaked in the luxury of this car…it sure was fun…drove it for a couple of hundred kms over the weekend enjoying every bit of it. I guess, one has to drive it to feel the power in the real thing!! I went out in the middle of the night, to go and feel the car in my driveway!!

Now, the sad part...I had to leave to UK on a business trip on that Monday morning, which I could not delay. And here I am, still in UK writing this post and still reading about the Civic each day, dreaming about my baby parked at my house. Its been exactly 16 days since I left my beauty at home and it’ll be probably the same number of days before I get to lay hands behind its wheels again! The other day I heard about the hailstorm in the NCR and the fact that even my baby was exposed to this tormenting hailstorm! When I heard it, it was almost like bullets piercing through my heart…I am sure you can understand the anguish I am undergoing right now…

Anyways folks, that’s it from me for now…I’ll share my experiences with the car as soon as I am able to drive it a bit more…till then, I’ll continue to writhe in pain and agony, hoping from some solace and support from my fellow comrades, dear BHPians!

Cheers,
eMGee
Old 23rd May 2007, 01:36   #197
Senior - BHPian

Hey EmGee, i can understand how it feels, buttt i must admit you made a fabolous choice. The Civic is one nice car.
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:15   #198
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations EmGEE!!!
Since you got the car so quickly, You can spend 15-16 days thinking on what upgrades you want to do on the car

This car loves to be pushed and NCR roads are very tempting - pl drive safely...

Go easy on brakes and Gas Paddle for next 1000 kms.
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:22   #199
BHPian

I did find it a little sluggish, I mean the throttle aint that responsive, you know what i mean.. if you floor the car it picks up gradually not like what you can get in a toyota corola..
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:29   #200
BHPian

Yeah right, compared to my b16, LOL its not drive by wire... It just FLOORING it all the way to 9400 rpm in all gears.. LOL.. No i mean I love the civic, fun to ride, spacious, But yeah, I felt a little lag in the car but once it takes off after 4k rpm then its resposive and smooth..

Busa come on dude, how can u compare drive by wire with my b16a cable throttle body...

But hats off to ST7677, hes right 1-3k rpm is fuel economy zone.. and later is the not so economic zone.
Old 23rd May 2007, 19:46   #201
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Civic club. I can understand your feelings perfectly. It took me 6 months to convince my wife that its THE car to buy. And just to placate her I booked it in her name and I've been driving it since. :-)
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:06   #202
BHPian

The best feature i loved about this car is the Automatic Sliding of the Side view mirrors and the little surprise in the black seat arm rest was the Music System volume and track buttons.. Awesome... I just love the comfort of the seats.. dont feel like getting out of the car.. LOL..

This car will look the best with Angel Eyes, i guess some guy in the south just modded his Black Civic with body kit and angel eyes.. Looked killer..
Old 24th May 2007, 10:04   #203
Senior - BHPian

I am quiet disappointed with the Civic Modulo body kit. The car by itself looks so aggressive & sporty that the Modulo body kit doesn't add much value to it.

Does anyone has pics of this black Civic being mentioned by RDas45.
Old 24th May 2007, 10:13   #204
BHPian

Congrats eMGee.. on the arrival of new member in ur family
Old 24th May 2007, 11:14   #205
BHPian

Congratulations eMGeee..!!

by the way, what made you to shift from Innova to Civic. Price wise, both are nearly equal. But, what is that, that made you to shift from diesel to petrol ?
Old 24th May 2007, 17:07   #206
BHPian

Hey,

The black civic with the mugen kit I was talking about. Check this link, its in team bhp.com

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ivic-sale.html

He wants to sell his car. I love his car, just soo sporty. See his angels eyes and mugen kit, its surely a head turner on the street. I dont know how to put his pics on this thread.
Old 24th May 2007, 23:47   #207

Many thanks for your wishes friends - BUSA, ST7677, csentil, Dhar's, vvrchandra!

ST7677 - Thanks for your tips...yes, I will try and restrain myself from going overboard...but, the key word here is "restrain"!! For the upgrades, I am already taking some tips on this board, so hopefully I'll get some stuff done on the car when I am back in India.

vvrchandra - I guess, it was purely the love for the Civic, which prompted me to go ahead for the Civic ahead of the Innova. Well, if I think back, I wanted to get a Diesel car this time for two reasons - i) I'd never owned a Diesel vehicle yet and really wanted to see how is it to own one, ii) intended to drive about 80 kms each day, so was looking at getting a low running cost.

When I started looking around, I was considering the Verna, Viva, Fiesta and Innova. Verna - I personally dont like the shape and I don't think its a good VFM. Viva - old horse. Fiesta - I drove a friend's Fiesta...got put off with the opposite side driver controls and small aesthetics like positioning of the Power Windows buttons vs. Seat positioning etc. And Innova was a vehicle which I liked and trusted Toyota's reliability. But, I wasnt sure if I wanted a car in the segment that Innova lies, IMO (a cross between a Car, SUV, Van), but was going ahead with it as it was the best choice amongst the options available.

But then finally when I thought of the Civic, it was a fully loaded car, a proper CAR (and not a hybrid), a trusted Japanese vehicle, has a reasonable FE, I believe a low TCO - so I was ready to stretch a bit on the budget and overall running cost. Not to mention, its almost like a dream come true for me to own this piece of marvel....so, went ahead and took the leap....

Cheers!
Old 25th May 2007, 11:58   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But then finally when I thought of the Civic, it was a fully loaded car, a proper CAR (and not a hybrid), a trusted Japanese vehicle, has a reasonable FE, I believe a low TCO - so I was ready to stretch a bit on the budget and overall running cost. Not to mention, its almost like a dream come true for me to own this piece of marvel....so, went ahead and took the leap....
Well Said Emgee!!!
You live once and you should enjoy it while you are alive...
I am sure that with this decision you will enjoy each and every km of your daily ride. I mean, if you love your drive it really makes you look forward to it, rather than it being a point A to B solution...

I also went way over budget to get this, but then looking back I am very satisfied. Actually I have dropped my comfortable company transport just to be able to drive my car every day while listening to some nice audio.
It's expensive yes, but you live only once, and should enjoy each and every day of it (without of course compromising on your future)...
Old 26th May 2007, 20:50   #209
BHPian

Hey, I wanted to ask one question. What is the engine code of our Civic MT in India. Is it the D18? OR K series. Can anyone answer this question. I want to know.

eg. B16A, B18C, D15B.. You know what i mean..
Old 26th May 2007, 21:16   #210
BHPian

No confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I liked the white too, but in Bangalore there are too many white coloured cabs for my liking. :-)
Sentil,

those white cabs look pretty different from a Civic - No confusion at all. This need not be an issue with Civic is my view.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks