Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 12:10   #571
Senior - BHPian

At least all of here are agreeing to the point that it is the best overall package available today.

I guess this is pointless to debate this further, any new car launch will be at a premium and there will be bells and whistles reserved to be introduced at a later point to keep the public interest in the car.
Old 29th September 2007, 18:38   #572
BHPian

ST i agree that civic is the best overall package in this range
Old 30th September 2007, 08:02   #573
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ion-issue.html
Old 30th September 2007, 20:45   #574
BANNED

how much does the original blue LED's cost for honda civic..listed on the website.
Old 30th September 2007, 20:46   #575
BANNED

hey..guys..anyone else got cash discounts or extended warranties from delhi and gurgaon honda showrooms.
Old 30th September 2007, 20:52   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
how much does the original blue LED's cost for honda civic..listed on the website.
some 5k or something like that.
Old 30th September 2007, 20:59   #577
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
some 5k or something like that.
5k for a pair of LED's....thats damn expensive.
Old 30th September 2007, 21:02   #578
BANNED

Quote:
hey..guys..anyone else got cash discounts or extended warranties from delhi and gurgaon honda showrooms.
Honda doesn't give any discount but i've read that they are offereing a free tour something like that with their cars .
Old 30th September 2007, 21:03   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5k for a pair of LED's....thats damn expensive.
Its Honda afterall, remember the dealers make the most of the money through Accesories and Servicing.
Old 30th September 2007, 23:44   #580
Senior - BHPian

Well, I got my first paid service done. Cost me just 618 bucks. (550+tax) Pleasantly surprised.

Someone had asked about engine oil change. Its once in 10000kms for the Civic unlike the City where its for every 5K kms.

Buying accessories in Honda is expensive. If you know the guys well enough they'll ask you to buy outside. :-)
Old 1st October 2007, 00:09   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Well, I got my first paid service done. Cost me just 618 bucks. (550+tax) Pleasantly surprised. Someone had asked about engine oil change. Its once in 10000kms for the Civic unlike the City where its for every 5K kms. Buying accessories in Honda is expensive. If you know the guys well enough they'll ask you to buy outside. :-
thats kool,any probs you faced in your car so far, i have a civic too,done about 1100 km and finished first free service
Old 1st October 2007, 00:39   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merains View Post
thats kool,any probs you faced in your car so far, i have a civic too,done about 1100 km and finished first free service
Problems with the car? None. 9 months, 8000kms+. Suspension bottoms out with 4/5 people and luggage if I hit a pothole, but on smooth roads like th GQ don't feel anything. Will scrape the bigger speedbreakers with with same 4/5 people & luggage. Nothing thats not been discussed here. Anyways these are not problems I faced with the car's performance.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 1st October 2007, 05:31   #583
BHPian

Quote:
bro just go to the dealer outside they will give u the led for around 1k to 2k i have installed it in my civic....see my gallery
Old 1st October 2007, 08:14   #584
BHPian

Yes, Honda dealers make a huge profit on the accessories front. I had inquired about the fog lamps and was told that they were about 13ks, if I remember correctly, But then better sense prevailed & I got them fitted from my local accessories shop for just 3800 bucks.

If you think led's are expensive, then try to find out 'bout the silver finish dash & instrument panel cover, costs well over 12,000 bucks plus about 2000!!!! for fitting.
Old 1st October 2007, 09:44   #585
BHPian

My Test Drive of Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
At least all of here are agreeing to the point that it is the best overall package available today.

I guess this is pointless to debate this further, any new car launch will be at a premium and there will be bells and whistles reserved to be introduced at a later point to keep the public interest in the car.
Thats for sure! Look at the Camry and its pricing!

Anyways enough of the debate! My test drive of the Civic:

Drove 1.8V MT. Got two giants to accompany me so as to be able to test the ground clearance issue. (believe me they are giants - at a combined weight of 230 kgs these guys can walk in WWE and be respected).

Drove it hard and fast. First gear fiftish and the thundering down the road. The second gear crossed 80 easily. Slowed down because of a certain four legged mammoth on the road. Hard braking - ABS kicks in - wet road (it rained in Delhi) and the car maintains a good line. The sales execs eyes are popping out of the sockets seeing the way I am driving .

Time for some slow mo stuff. At 37 (the digital odo allows such precision) hit fourth and the car was able to sustain it but the acceleration was zilch.

Tried speed breakers (I have lived in Bangalore for five years and the good thing about Delhi is that the speedbreakers are just that and not the mountains that they make in Bangalore). No bottoming out. Pot holes taken no bottoming out again but then may happen in category 5 potholes. Ride is smooth and very comfortable.

One thing that hits you is that the steering wheel is so small (and it obstructs a clear view of the tachometer). But feels nice and good feedback on the steering. Sharp turns come easy for the car. Acceleration at higher revs is phenomenal (remember I am used to driving a non-MPFI Zen ). Love the sound of the car at higher revs.

Interiors:

Good quality interiors. Even the plastics feel tastefully done. Rear leg room is excellent and front passenger leg room (with the seat thrown full thrown back) is enough to allow a man of my height (186 cms) to almost fully extend his legs. Music system is good.

I heard that the horn is extremally loud inside the cabin. Did not feel so but then again that is IMHO.

I may be killed for this but anyway. I did not like the central console of Civic. It is too big knobby and flamboyant for my liking. Driver side consoles are awesome (oohh that digital odo!).

No rear AC vents in the car . That was something I expected!

I dont know if others felt this or not but I felt that the dashboard has an overwhelming presence. It just keeps on coming out at you and you are set so inside the dashboard that it almost feels crampy. Maybe that will take a bit more getting used to.

Dad has an OHC and somehow I felt (i know that in all figures the Civic would be probably faster) that the OHC take off is faster. It gives you that feel of really flying off the wheels. Civic, probably because it has more civilized power delivery, did not give that feeling of sheer acceleration.

All in all I loved every minute of the drive. Final decision still pending. One thing for all - I have been TDing at Faridabad and used the new showroom that has just opened there. The execs are still on the learning path and not very confident of the vehicle. It did not matter much for me as I had more than enough information (thanks to this forum) but still...

And before signing off this longish post a word of thanks for Sathya for that excellent post on tips to consider while test driving.

Most Viewed