Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 17:08   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I got 2 keys, 1 with remote locking-unlocking buttons and 1 just a regular key.

It's on finance so not sure if 1 key (what type?) is with the financier.
One key with Financier??? That is a new one! And they would return it at the end of the tenure?
Old 11th October 2007, 17:09   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got 3 keys with my NHC (financed) - 1 with remote & 2 spare. I don't think the dealer can deposit the 3rd key with financier.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:10   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No.. nothing to do with finance.. Its only 2 keys. I got an external financier and there was no interaction between the dealer and the financier.

Now what happens if I lose the key with the lock/unlock button. Can I still start my car using the other key?
Old 11th October 2007, 17:12   #664
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST677
Nope , there's nothing thing like that , It's not fair to give only one remote :(

Quote:
One key with Financier??? That is a new one! And they would return it at the end of the tenure?
that's not possible

Last edited by unknown : 11th October 2007 at 17:14.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:13   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
No.. nothing to do with finance.. Its only 2 keys. I got an external financier and there was no interaction between the dealer and the financier.

Now what happens if I lose the key with the lock/unlock button. Can I still start my car using the other key?
In short yes. The two keys are authorised to open the car. So any will do the only thing being that you cannot remotely open the car. To get an alternate key you have to go to the showroom and get a new key with the remote and get it authorized. Also pay a sum of I dont know how much.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:17   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Nope , there's nothing thing like that , It's not fair to give only one remote :(

that's not possible

Nothing funny about it. Used to happen. They infact used to hold the originals (RC, Insurance and the duplicate key). Infact Corporation bank still wants one key with them.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:27   #667
BANNED

Quote:
Nothing funny about it. Used to happen. They infact used to hold the originals (RC, Insurance and the duplicate key). Infact Corporation bank still wants one key with them.
Never really ever seen/heared like one key is kept by bank so i find it a bit weird.

Last edited by unknown : 11th October 2007 at 17:29.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:32   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Never really ever seen/heared like one key is kept by bank so i find it a bit weird.
OT

Sorry, "the nothing funny about it" wasn't meant for you. I meant the situation. For every insurance claim I had to go to the bank ask them for the originals (write a letter infact) and then get things done. If you lose your key it was the same thing. This was Karur Vysya Bank.
Old 11th October 2007, 18:55   #669
Senior - BHPian

ok So there are only two keys...

I was expecting 3 keys so probably made that hypothesis of key with financier!

I guess the additional keys would cost quiet a bit. Last time I checked the Skoda Immobilizer enabled key was some 10k...

CSentil
Both keys have immobilizer chip in them, so either one can be used for driving.
Old 11th October 2007, 19:04   #670
BHPian

Quote:
OT

Sorry, "the nothing funny about it" wasn't meant for you. I meant the situation. For every insurance claim I had to go to the bank ask them for the originals (write a letter infact) and then get things done. If you lose your key it was the same thing. This was Karur Vysya Bank.
i agree with you senthil all nationalized banks keep one keys with them,

guyz forget about the car my cbz ex is on loan with canara bank in shimoga one original key is with them.

unlike the mnc banks do not keep any keys with them, coz they have key and door breakers with them ready to get the vehicle seized hehehe..
Old 12th October 2007, 06:30   #671
BHPian

No banks or private finance company keep the key with them.....at least not in bombay.....the freak are u confused between S and V or A/T and MT..... well i have A/T and iam very happy with it.....good mileage and best of both worlds in city drive in D and when i feel like ripping then the paddle shift.......i have S model coz at that time there was no V, even if i had a choice i would go for S.....( unless if u want the voilet colour ) fitted fogs for 4 K with original honda switch.......silver garnish on the dashboard and 17 inc alloys with goodyear f1 d3 225/45 tyres...if u dont mind spending extra cash go and get V.......
Old 12th October 2007, 08:44   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I got 3 keys with my NHC (financed) - 1 with remote & 2 spare. I don't think the dealer can deposit the 3rd key with financier.
When I bought my M800 in early 90s I had to surrender one key to the financiar, a nationlised bank. I never had such an experience later with any of my later cars. I have not taken any loan and when I got 2 keys I also had a similar doubt that they would have forgotten to give me the 3rd key. Consulting the user manual for this is almost useless since for any section in the manual you will spend more time in figuring out which is our Indian CIVIC model.

Quesiton of Compression ratio is still remains, no where it is mentioned clearly it is 10.5 for India!! I could not find anywhere the details about the recommended type of fuel (87RON or ?) or tyre pressure which is very basic information. I filled Shell premium and the experience is good. Planned to fill BP speed 97 next time.

What is the recommended typre pressure for the OEM tyres? Sales guys told me 28PSI for the front and 30 for rear. I may fill 32PSI for all. What is your experience?

Can anybody who changed their wheel and tyres share your experience?
I like to change to 205/55/R16. How is the ride quality compared to the stock tyres? When fully loaded does it improve ride over humps? Or still hit badly? For the past one week I have not hit any bumpers but rear seat was always empty!

regards,
Tomy
Old 12th October 2007, 09:21   #673
BHPian

@Jeetu...

Thanks a ton for your inputs. No I am not confused between the MT and the AT. It has to be a MT for me
No misty violet for me. I am going in for a black one. So the color is decided the make is decided only the variant is giving me sleepless nights. As I mentioned earlier.. probably a toss would do just fine
Old 12th October 2007, 11:40   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomythomas
I could not find anywhere the details about the recommended type of fuel (87RON or ?) or tyre pressure which is very basic information. I filled Shell premium and the experience is good. Planned to fill BP speed 97 next time.
When you say experience with Premium petrol is good, are you comparing this against regular petrol? Overall experience is great with Civic, but I found no perceptible driving difference with Shell regular and Premium petrol.

Honda recommends regular unleaded petrol.
30 PSI is std recommended pressure for all 4 tyres.

If I recollect correctly, both the above information is available in the manual. Compression ratio isn't. But overall the Owners Manual is hopeless.
Old 12th October 2007, 11:44   #675
BHPian

Quote:
But overall the Owners Manual is hopeless.
Is it?

Did you guys run in your Civic? The dealer here says that you can take the car and zap around at 120 and there is going to be no difference in the long run to the vehicle. Left me confused.

Most Viewed