Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 19:50   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2014 Nissan Micra CVT (Automatic)

Two weeks earlier, our Micra received its first official service. The usual oil-change, water wash and checkups. Not sure about the Invoice value. But it was not bad either. The service quality was good if not super, and there were no finger prints on the fabric or anywhere in the interiors.

Overall, the car has been serving its purpose effectively. Sis was able to drive it from Erode to Bangalore and returned to Erode as well. That was a huge achievement for her, considering the fact that she used to stall our old Alto frequently. She was on cloud nine for sometime, that she drove confidently on NH and returned home.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 19:59   #17
BHPian

LONG DISTANCE COMMUTE - EXPERIENCE

Last week, I took the car to Thiruvannamalai with 5 family members.

The trip was

Bangalore - Bargur - Thirupathur - Thiruvannamalai
Thiruvannamalai - Melmalayanoor
Melmalayanoor - Thiruvannamalai - Thirupathur - Bargur - Krishnagiri

My experience
1. Micra was quite easy to drive
2. People who travelled in rear seat did not complain.
3. Seriously fast on highways - 130 KMPH with 5 on board. Did not feel like driving a 1.2 litre engine.
4. CVT never struggled anywhere.
5. AC was quite effective. No complaints.
6. The only grouse was - Road noise / Tyre Noise. Wish Nissan has done something to arrest the road noise. Between Thirupathur-Thiruvannamalai, the road was bad and the road noise was like hell inside.

After reaching Krishnagiri, I was feeling tired. May be it was due to continuous driving. Overall, the driving experience was gud, and no complaints from the passengers. Boot was accommodating too. We were able to pack in a lot of knick-nacks.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 18:28   #18
BHPian

15K Update:

Took the micra from Erode to Bangalore to Erode through last 10 days. The drive was fine, and the following were observed.

1. FE - around 15 kmpl as reported by Onboard computer.
2. Ride quality - Good on highways, Acceptable on Rural roads. But the road/tyre noise is the fly-in-ointment.
3. ACC - is good. Takes some time to beat the scorching heat in Erode. But once the cabin cools down in a few minutes it feels nice inside.
4. Body Ache on long drives - Absence of lower back adjuster is sorely missed. I got back ache after 100kms of drive. In my xylo I have a lower-back cushion which helps me beat the pain.
5. Driving posture took some getting used to.
6. Triple digit speeds on certain occasions were easily achieved. No complaints.
7. The TURBO mode helps a lot in overtaking vehicles.
8. On return journey from BLR to ERD, my knee started paining. May be posture issues. I am yet to find a right posture in Micra.

Overall - the car performed good, no complaints except the ergonomics. I think once I figure out the right posture, may be that will go out too.

I feel this is a competent car, which has enough potential to take on market leaders. But as everyone knows the manufacturer has spoiled the name. Hopefully Nissan starts building a good name soon.
Old 13th May 2016, 07:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
15K Update:

1. FE - around 15 kmpl as reported by Onboard computer.
I'm contemplating buying the Micra CVT for my wife, wanted to check if you calculated the mileage using the tank full method?

I did a TD and liked the car too, my only concern is the Nissan service and support in Bangalore. Otherwise, the car is nice and has all the safety features don't find it overpriced as compared to the Brio.
basoli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 11:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoli View Post
I'm contemplating buying the Micra CVT for my wife, wanted to check if you calculated the mileage using the tank full method?

I did a TD and liked the car too, my only concern is the Nissan service and support in Bangalore. Otherwise, the car is nice and has all the safety features don't find it overpriced as compared to the Brio.
Nope. I did not do a tank-full method to calculate. But for most of the time the on board computer reported the FE between 14 - 19 KMPL on highways. And judging roughly by the trips to fuel stations, I can safely say the FE is 17+ on highways @ 80 - 90 kmph.

I did not get a chance to drive extensively inside the city. But for most of the time I notice the FE reported is between 12 - 16 (Erode is a relatively small city).

Service is just okay. Better than the early days. But still the turnaround time sucks. No where near the Maruti or Hyundai league.

Most nissan ASS does not stock many parts other than the usual replacements. So when a TATA ACE broke the front bumper of my Micra, it took almost 9 days for Erode NIssan dealer to get a new bumper from chennai plant, paint it and fix it.

Not sure how efficient the Bangalore Nissan ASS are.

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 17th May 2016 at 11:52.
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Service is just okay. Better than the early days. But still the turnaround time sucks. No where near the Maruti or Hyundai league.
Thanks for the response. I hope the service costs are nominal, my SX4 petrol costs me around 4k-6k annually. Also, Is it true that the service cycles are every 6 months for the Micra?
Old 21st July 2016, 14:35   #22
BHPian

UPDATE

Yesterday, my sis and mom visited my niece's college near Avinashi. Something was not right when our driver started the car. It hiccup'd. Finally started after a few tries. Things were good then. Driver suspected the car's battery must have become discharged. Anyway they decided to risk driving to Avinashi, as it was getting late.

After attending the events at the college, the trouble started again. The car did not start well. The START STOP button would intermittently work but will not work long enough to start the car.

So they tried to JUMPSTART the car, but proper wires were not available in the college campus. So my sis called up the Erode Nissan service. They in-turn called up their counterpart in Coimbatore as well as Nissan's road assistance numbers. Within an hour, a Nissan technician from Kunnathur reached the college. After checking out few things, he took the key fob and placed it very close to the START/STOP button. Then he pressed the START STOP button and VOILA the car started without any fuss.

Finally it was revealed that the battery in the KEY FOB has become weak. It was a great relief to know the car's own battery is fine, and it is the key fob's battery which is going down.

It was really surprising to note that the response from Nissan service centres in Erode and Coimbatore was really good in this case. Heartfelt thanks for the Nissan dealer in Erode and Coimbatore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoli View Post
Thanks for the response. I hope the service costs are nominal, my SX4 petrol costs me around 4k-6k annually. Also, Is it true that the service cycles are every 6 months for the Micra?
I am not aware of the service cycles. But judging by the visits I think yes. Let me confirm after consulting the service manual when I visit my home town next time.

The regular oil service does not burn a hole in the wallet. Costs 2-4k depending on the jobs we add ourselves.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2016 at 06:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged
rajeshsundaram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 17:12   #23

Hi,
I have one question. I almost finalized Nissan CVT, but facing one issue. Due to parking scenario in my society, I may have to leave my car without handbrake+N, so that other may push it forward/backward. But I found that if car is put in "N" mode, it can not be locked.So for my case, I have to leave it unlocked. Sales person told that it is feature of CVT and even Honda City CVT has same behavior. It is proving a deal breaker for me. Do we have some solution for this?

Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 21:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaglanR View Post
Hi,
I have one question. I almost finalized Nissan CVT, but facing one issue. Due to parking scenario in my society, I may have to leave my car without handbrake+N, so that other may push it forward/backward. But I found that if car is put in "N" mode, it can not be locked.So for my case, I have to leave it unlocked. Sales person told that it is feature of CVT and even Honda City CVT has same behavior. It is proving a deal breaker for me. Do we have some solution for this?

Thanks
Hi, just checked with my friend about this behaviour. He confirmed that key cannot be removed from lock if gearbox is in neutral. It has to be in P mode to remove key and lock car.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaglanR View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Sorry AFAIK, there is NO ready solution. By design, the transmission must be set in P mode to lock the doors.
Old 9th May 2017, 16:19   #26

Found one solution for above problem
1. Take out key in "P" mode.
2. Now press "shift" button (a small button given right on gear pedal )
3. Keep shift button pressed, and now you can bring from "P" position to "N" position.
4. You can lock your car as well.
jaglanR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 20:20   #27
BHPian

Planning to buy a pre-owned used Nissan Micra CVT 2014 model-12,000 KM driven

Please suggest what all should be checked before buying

My house is next to Surya Nissan Dealer-Service center in Bangalore

Thanks
Amar
Old 10th January 2019, 02:04   #28
BHPian

any updates on the Nissan ownership experience @rajeshsundaram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks