Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 00:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

Very nice and detailed review. Thats an interesting option from Fiat, the new Punto Evo looked nice, this may be even better. From the pictures, the build quality of the car seems solid. Personally speaking I like the normal Punto Evo better than this car. But overall a good move by Fiat to gain some market share. 5* rating for the review.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 00:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Great effort there CrAzY dRiVeR. Just noticed that the Kerb Weight of Avventura Diesel Top-end is 1255 kgs which is heavier than Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Disclaimer: Fiat invited Team-BHP for the Avventura test-drive. They covered all the travel expenses for this driving event.
Isn't this an Official Review of Team-BHP? I am asking because it is not in the Official Review section.
rameshnanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 06:18   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
But lets not forget, this car is Avventure
Avventura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
In my humble opinion the reasons why will the car not do well in our country:

i> Its a FIAT
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
its basically a Punto. If the Punto doesnt sell much how can the more expensive crossover sell. Ask an average Joe if he really cares about that wheel at the back for the butch look over the inconvenience it brings in.
You'd be surprised how much the 'average joe' cares about that wheel. I am a Punto owner myself. I personally consider my a vehicle to be a beauty, but I have never noticed it getting a second glance when I drive it down the road.

Compared to that, the attention Avventura got was crazy! Specially the orange one. (Bronzo Tan almost went unnoticed though). Random bikers following and pulling up asking questions, people on the roadside asking price and other details, kids getting all thrilled seeing the car, etc. I am not in anyway suggesting that this car will become a mass seller, only opining that it has mass appeal.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd October 2014 at 06:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 07:15   #49
BHPian

Thanks for that excellent review CrazyDriver. Rated 5 stars!!

All said and done, I see this as another very big step in the right direction. I think they're slowly but steadily getting the product line up sorted out. And with the 'promised' product roadmap, we are definitely looking at a line-up of one of the best (if not the best) set of driver focused cars in India.

I just hope that FIAT:
> delivers on the commitment to rollout wider Dealership/ Service network across the country
> improves the engine line up. The 1.3 MJD is just about the only option available today
> starts marketing their cars much more seriously
MaddyCrew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Avventura.

Agreed.

You'd be surprised how much the 'average joe' cares about that wheel. I am a Punto owner myself. I personally consider my a vehicle to be a beauty, but I have never noticed it getting a second glance when I drive it down the road.

Compared to that, the attention Avventura got was crazy! Specially the orange one. (Bronzo Tan almost went unnoticed though). Random bikers following and pulling up asking questions, people on the roadside asking price and other details, kids getting all thrilled seeing the car, etc. I am not in anyway suggesting that this car will become a mass seller, only opining that it has mass appeal.
You are right about the attention grab with Avventura. But still, I (an average Jai), would list this factor way down in my list of wants from my buy. Even for an enthusiast, I would imagine, will not list attention grabbing in the top half of the want list.
SKavuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 09:02   #51
BHPian

"Fiat officials claim that the key to unscrew the spare is unique to each car and hence, it won't get stolen."
So if you lose/ misplace that key, there is no way to unscrew the spare wheel without getting a new key ordered from Fiat?
Astleviz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 09:06   #52
BHPian

Amazing review as always from team-bhp, the avventura really looks good, having seen one in flesh recently near ranjangaon the vehicle has good road presence.

As a fiat owner all the best to them with this launch. While i realize the enthusiast community in team-bhp is disappointed, the masses might end up liking this vehicle
alfafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 09:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

I love the Avventura but I still worry if this car can change anything for Fiat India.

It is sad to read the many "What car should I buy" or "New car purchase review" sections. Fiat isn't even considered among bhpians. Who else will buy a Fiat and why?

Have we not been telling Fiat about all the problems with their cars and what needs to be done to fix them? Lets start with consistent build quality, improving service standards, fixing the odd driving position, reducing weight, improving cabin space and new engines. Its five years now and we get pretty much of the same thing with the new Avventura. Nothing has really changed.
sandeepmohan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 09:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess a lot of negative comments are being made about the swing arm spare wheel arrangement and the hassles relating to it while using it in the City. But lets not forget, this car is Avventure, an out-door car, a car that is built to support your outdoor activities. So this externally placed spare is a superboon, when one is travelling with a boot full of luggage on a weekend trip, on a dirt road and suffers a tyre related issue (where you are most likely to face one), you wont need to unload all your luggage.

If City usage is what your preference is skewed at, one can always buy the regular Punto Evo, where is the problem?! The Punto Evo will happily do whatever the Avventura will do (but you will have to live with the prospect of dropping your luggage on ex-cow-dung)
Sorry boss. While your basic premise makes sense, the current configuration is indefensible. This is obviously cumbersome. This isn't a purpose built off roader like a THAR which may never visit malls.

They should've worked out a way that maybe the hatch door swings out to the right along with the tyre, or something else.

This is fairly sloppy engineering in my eyes, just behind the crappy Verito vibe boot.
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:34   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
"Fiat officials claim that the key to unscrew the spare is unique to each car and hence, it won't get stolen."
So if you lose/ misplace that key, there is no way to unscrew the spare wheel without getting a new key ordered from Fiat?
An extremely simple yet probably most important point about the car!!

I don't personally like the looks of this car. I don't know what it really wants to be. Well, then I don't like the EVO's looks either. The Grande Punto was a timeless design. In an attempt to refresh it (that's the need of this era really) they've made the older model look better than the Evo! Anyway.

I'm keen to read about user experiences coming up shortly after the deliveries start. Especially from the users who work at / often visit places where the security insists on opening the boot & checking with metal detectors .

Also, a reversing camera should have been provided. Most users will install it anyway. With a 205 patch tyre + cover, bumper held reversing sensors will be more or less useless on this car right?

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd October 2014 at 10:41.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

New Avventura TVC. Bang on!

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

Great review Crazydriver .

The Avventura is a commendable effort and I think it will add about 30% - 40% to the current Punto volumes. It is a real cross unlike what the competition is offering today. The spare wheel is an issue, but that's the downside of the design and the owners will get used to it.

Fiat has nothing to lose as there is negligible development cost in launching this and at least their dealers are kept happy for sometime !

Good to hear that they have worked on the engine and it is more driveable now. The fact that there is no Emotion petrol makes me think that there could be a T-Jet soon to fill that gap.

Quote:
..... So this externally placed spare is a superboon, when one is travelling with a boot full of luggage on a weekend trip, on a dirt road and suffers a tyre related issue (where you are most likely to face one), you wont need to unload all your luggage....
Hmm.. Unless one has kept the tool kit outside, the luggage (or atleast some of it) would still need to be removed to access the jack & spanner.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 22nd October 2014 at 10:46.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Well well, Autocar mentions Avventura gets 500 bookings!! Will this do a Duster for Fiat?
Source http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...gs-391201.aspx

Interesting I say!
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Great review.
I can never wrap my mind around such stilted hatchbacks. It is better to get a proper crossover or an SUV over such half baked hatch/cross.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:03   #60
BHPian

As per the info I have the Emotion variant in petrol will also be released (may be early next year) with T-Jet.

My only problem with Avventura is that it offers airbags only on the top variant. If i need airbag then I must go with diesel emotion & that seems a little unfair.
rahul412 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks