Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 14:46   #76
BHPian

Re: 2014 VW Polo GT TSI - The Grey Raptor

Quote:
The mileage ticker has been behaving rather funnily. Today during my office commute i was driving with a reading of 10.7 and then suddenly it automatically reset itself to zero. post that the mileage figure became pretty volatile and moved up and down between 10 and 11.5. Can anyone explain why it went cuckoo?
Not sure if this could be the issue but there are two mileage indicators that I could find on my TSI. The first one gives an average mileage reading and hence this is pretty stable and gives a reading of 10-11 and onwards- in my opinion, the more realistic mileage. The other one gives the instantaneous mileage reading...and I think it's more cuckoo than anything else. I have seen 1 kmpl while driving in stop-start traffic at signals to 90 kmpl when driving down EE and I know that can never be possible. Maybe, this is what changed for you onscreen. What bothers me is how can the display change without driver intervention? Are you absolutely sure that you did not accidentally flick a button to do that? If yes, can you check again if the behavior occurs? Thanks

Last edited by 4nd3r50n : 10th December 2014 at 14:47.
Old 10th December 2014, 14:57   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
The mileage ticker has been behaving rather funnily. Today during my office commute i was driving with a reading of 10.7 and then suddenly it automatically reset itself to zero. post that the mileage figure became pretty volatile and moved up and down between 10 and 11.5. Can anyone explain why it went cuckoo?
This seems to be a classic case of the sensor being faulty. Please ask your SA to check it. Although the car is new and this sort of thing is not expected, the symptoms seem to suggest so.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 13:09   #78
BHPian

Hi BHPians
Can I trouble you for an answer please. Have not bougt a car in over 10 years.
usually have had company cars given
Now have to invest i a car for myself
Commute B2B 50% , Leisure at weekends 30% rest just errand driving use
I have managed to read some of the threads but due to a poor internet connection and short time to decide I request a personal response.
I am about to test drive a 2013 polo gt with 8000 km on the clock single owner tomorrow morning 30th dec.
I would appreciate it if you can advise me
1.)the major differences between the 2013 and 2014 models
2) What should I look out for in a used vehicle
3) Is a price of 7.5k reasonable for a car of 2013 registration.
4) Owner says car is Black? did it come in Black?
5) Owner says 5 yrs warranty package included. Did VW give 5yr I beleive its 2+ 2
6) Says emigrating to ME hence sale in short time
7 Anything else or advise I should be aware of?

Thanks
ramsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:23   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I have 2013 GT TSI and the headlights suck big time, I am VW right now for the yearly service and asking them to check the compatibility of the new dual barrel headlights with my car. Can someone tell me if these new ones are really effective?

Has any 2013 GT owner dtiven the 2014 car in the night?
Old 1st February 2015, 17:36   #80
BHPian

Hi inomad, CONGRATULATIONS on your latest acquisition! Mine is the exact same color & model! It's a pretty awesome car though. I can't wait for renovation at my house to be completed to take her out for a long drive! Btw, awesome seat covers. Planning to do the same.
polo_ankit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 12:58   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
This seems to be a classic case of the sensor being faulty. Please ask your SA to check it. Although the car is new and this sort of thing is not expected, the symptoms seem to suggest so.
Hi Nikhil,

I am due for a 7.5K check tomorrow. Will surely get the sensor checked. Many thanks for sharing the diagnosis ... I have a feeling its faulty because the reading have jumped many a times now. Will update
Old 24th February 2015, 13:06   #82
BHPian

Heading for a 8000 kms checkup tomorrow.

its been almost a 2k run every month and i have loved every bit of it.

The problems Im going to check for are (its a bliddy short list compared to my other growler XUV)

1. the annoying rattle above the instrument cluster which pops up mysteriously ... but not very often
2. the mileage sensor: it resets itself automatically at times. as @rednikhil says might be a case of faulty sensor

other than this i have nothing on my mind.

Should i be watching out for something in particular? fellow GT enthusiasts please advise

will update

thanks!
Old 24th February 2015, 14:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heading for a 8000 kms checkup tomorrow.

fellow GT enthusiasts please advise

will update

thanks!
Hey inomad, first off congrats on demolishing the milestones consistently every month !!

I understand that DSG is almost Divine, but are your sure at 2k per month, GT TDI would not have made more sense ??

Anyways, here are some suggestions:

- The last time I took my GT for 7500 Km checkup, the SA informed me not to skip the mentioned KM for each service. If this is true and if you have already covered 8k on your GT, just be sure not to be caught off-guard on this thing by VW SA.

- The 2 issues which you have posted are probably related to only your car. In general, get the Engine Oil checked and if need be, get it topped up.

- Get the filters cleaned (air and fuel) if need be.

- Most importantly, specify the SA not to wax the interiors. They had done an extremely irritating and pathetic job on my GT which took me almost a month to get rid off!!

Other than these, I think you are all set to annihilate another 2k milestone on this Hot Hatch.

Drive Safe.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 24th February 2015 at 14:03.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 14:13   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey inomad, first off congrats on demolishing the milestones consistently every month !!

I understand that DSG is almost Divine, but are your sure at 2k per month, GT TDI would not have made more sense ??

Anyways, here are some suggestions:

- The last time I took my GT for 7500 Km checkup, the SA informed me not to skip the mentioned KM for each service. If this is true and if you have already covered 8k on your GT, just be sure not to be caught off-guard on this thing by VW SA.

- The 2 issues which you have posted are probably related to only your car. In general, get the Engine Oil checked and if need be, get it topped up.

- Get the filters cleaned (air and fuel) if need be.

- Most importantly, specify the SA not to wax the interiors. They had done an extremely irritating and pathetic job on my GT which took me almost a month to get rid off!!

Other than these, I think you are all set to annihilate another 2k milestone on this Hot Hatch.

Drive Safe.
thanks for the headsup. I wouldn't have missed the 7.5K milestone if it wasn't for my XUV to break down at the very same time

I know that 2k per month should have nudged me to TDI but couldn't help it ... it was love at first rev with the Tsi
Old 24th February 2015, 14:27   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. the annoying rattle above the instrument cluster which pops up mysteriously ... but not very often
Another member had reported this issue on his 2014 1.5 TDI and I had asked him to get the instrument cluster mount checked for the possibility of loose screws. It turned out to be that. Ask them to check if the 2 Torx screws are properly tightened. This might otherwise cause the cluster to rattle.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 14:53   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The MID displays avg cons for 2 trips. Trip 1 resets if the car is stationary for 2 hours or more whereas trip 2 resets after 4 days or xxx kms. Looks like you have set it to display trip 2 and it got reset to zero as per design.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 17:34   #87
BHPian

UPDATE: 8000 kms and 1st mechanical check later

I went in with 2 minor complaints the mileage sensor sometimes auto-reset itself and an occasional rattle sound above the instrument cluster.

The SA, Vikrant at the Nerul service center, reset the software for the sensor and he couldn't detect the source for the rattle sound. Besides this they topped up the coolant and engine oil.

It was a strictly average experience at the VW service station - there was a lack of empathy and response. But they did the job on the promised time.

The raptor is running as smooth as ever. I have had to bailout for a 10 day holiday and I'm itching to be back on my GT!!

Some recent high points:
On a recent mum-pun trip I hit an average reading of 25 kmpl - did a consistent, lightfooted 80 kmph drive.

Time and again I am asked that why I didn't choose a diesel? Wouldn't it have been more practical? Mileage wise yes, but when I come back home even after a 120kms of mumbai city traffic drive - and don't feel drained at all - I feel glad I chose the Tsi over Tdi.

Last edited by inomad : 28th February 2015 at 17:37.
inomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 20:11   #88
Team-BHP Support

Great review. How has the service and reliability experience been in the first year of ownership? Cost of service, any unforeseen failure, general attitude and efficiency of service staff.

Thanks,
Old 24th January 2016, 16:09   #89
BHPian

inomad,

How hard is the carbon steel color to maintain? I'm booking the GT this week and am still undecided between the carbon steel and the white.

Since its more than a year and half since you bought your car, you would be the best judge. Please also let me know your maintainance schedule ( washing, shampoo, polish intervals etc)

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks