Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2015, 20:24   #61
BHPian

Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Update

So, the Ford has been munching miles and is closing in on 6000kms. Every mile has been an absolute delight. The car feels as tight as new and has been holding up well. Icing on the cake is that my abroad assignment is finished now and I'm back in town which means I get to drive the car more often than before. I've been driving to work since last week and my daily commute is about 55kms.

Some points worth mentioning -

- In the city with stop-go traffic, the car feels a little heavy. The steering-clutch-gear feels a little too hard when you are crawling in traffic. But once on the move, its easy-peasy.

- Turbo lag is noticeable in the city so more often than not, I end up losing that spot I want to go in peak traffic.

- The ride is noticeably stiff within the city but not to a point that it gets uncomfortable. I like it that way.

- On the highway though, it becomes a different animal altogether. Butter smooth ride at speed, stiff handling, precise steering is a joy that has to be experienced by everyone. Once in the turbo zone, the car pulls harder than before. It begs to be driven hard and on one occasion unfortunately, my mom at the back had to bear the brunt of my spirited driving. Sorry mom!

- Had a chance to use Cruise Control last weekend on the airport road flyover. This was the first time I experienced cruise control and I must say I was damn impressed. Worked seamlessly and is definitely a boon on the highway. The speed limit on the flyover is 80kms so set it to 80 and relaxed my right foot for the next 20 mins!

- Haven't had a chance to check the mileage. I will be doing it in the coming week using the tankful-tankful method.

- No niggles worth mentioning. Touch wood!

- Last but not the least, the car continues to get its share of attention and admirers. One day, in my office parking lot, a crowd had gathered around the car. They were all impressed by the looks and after I gave them a little demo, they were all amazed at the package. Sadly, almost all of them knew very little or nothing about the car. So much for Ford's marketing!

Last friday, got a call from Divya for the front center armrest that had arrived. This was pending from the past 5 months. Went to their service center and got it fixed.
Cost was INR 10100 (expensive, I know) but since we had INR 4150 remaining in the account from the 10k worth free accessories that were offered while buying the car, I paid INR 5950 for the armrest.

Some pictures. Kindly excuse the quality as they were taken from my iPhone.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-1.jpg
Good quality. It is held onto the central area using 4 screws (2 on either side) that had to be drilled.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-2.jpg
Fouls with the hand brake when in position though.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-3.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-4.jpg
Storage space. Slots for couple of pens also provided.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-041.jpg
The height can be adjusted by rotating the knob provided. Range is sufficient for our needs.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-5.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-6.jpg
Driving comfort over a loss of a bottle holder!

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-7.jpg
Dad's favorite sunday morning activity. Washing, cleaning and polishing.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-8.jpg

Queries

I have a couple of queries and would appreciate if anyone could answer them.

- The area marked in the below picture has the high beam indication LED. I've seen in a video that it also houses a red LED that blinks when the car is parked. Probably for the security system I suppose? It is not there in my car. I'm not sure of its purpose but is it the the same case on all the Fiestas here? Can it be activated by the dealer?

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-ss.jpg

- I've not changed the oil and oil filter during the first service. Now that the car has run 6k kms and the second service being a couple of months away, is it worth getting the oil changed now?

That's all for now!

AD

Last edited by Porschefire : 15th March 2015 at 20:33.
Porschefire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 22:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

Your car looks spankingly clean! And in that colour, it is surely an eye-catcher.

As regards the blinking light, it is supposed to be the PATS (Passive Anti Theft System). My Figo has it, and my neighbours 7-year old Fiesta has it, but not my Fiesta. I too had the same query. When I asked Ford A.S.S, I was told even my car has it, though without the blinking light. I am not too sure about the response though. Mine is the top-end sxi, and I don't think i've been hoodwinked.
Old 16th March 2015, 00:55   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Last friday, got a call from Divya for the front center armrest that had arrived.

Cost was INR 10100
Sorry to nitpick but isn't that the Universal Armrest that you have fit on your car? Surprised to see the cost - 10K!

On Ebay it ranges between 900 to 1300. Not sure what's the difference though.

Quote:
- I've not changed the oil and oil filter during the first service. Now that the car has run 6k kms and the second service being a couple of months away, is it worth getting the oil changed now?
As you say the second service is months away, get the oil and oil filter changed then.
Old 16th March 2015, 05:51   #64
Senior - BHPian

Porschefire The arm rest id fine, though the color is a bit different than the seats.
OT, but still, show us more of that Yezdi Road King seen along with the car.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th March 2015 at 05:52.
Old 16th March 2015, 13:36   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Your car looks spankingly clean! And in that colour, it is surely an eye-catcher.

As regards the blinking light, it is supposed to be the PATS (Passive Anti Theft System). My Figo has it, and my neighbours 7-year old Fiesta has it, but not my Fiesta. I too had the same query. When I asked Ford A.S.S, I was told even my car has it, though without the blinking light. I am not too sure about the response though. Mine is the top-end sxi, and I don't think i've been hoodwinked.
Thanks for the info and the compliment! Surprisingly, the website doesn't mention anything about PATS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry to nitpick but isn't that the Universal Armrest that you have fit on your car? Surprised to see the cost - 10K!
On Ebay it ranges between 900 to 1300. Not sure what's the difference though.
Is it? I'm not too sure because the website says it is a genuine Ford accessory but there is no Ford logo anywhere on the arm rest. I agree the pricing is plain ridiculous. The only reason I went for it was because we were offered 10k worth accessories free and the only accessories available with the dealer were the car cover, scuff plates and the arm rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Porschefire The arm rest id fine, though the color is a bit different than the seats.
OT, but still, show us more of that Yezdi Road King seen along with the car.
The color goes well with the interior as it is a mix of black and beige. I'll post a more detailed pic of the interior.
The Yezdi is my dad's '94 Roadking. I shall surely post some pictures soon if not open a thread of its own!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 23:21   #66
BHPian

Hey Porschefire, would you recommend going for the arm rest? You mention it fouls with the hand brake and also one loses a cup holder. So is the comfort factor worth it? Thanks bud.
Old 17th March 2015, 08:27   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hey Porschefire, would you recommend going for the arm rest? You mention it fouls with the hand brake and also one loses a cup holder. So is the comfort factor worth it? Thanks bud.
Hey Nimz. We got the arm rest because we were offered the 10k worth free accessories and also because dad does a lot of highway driving. Yes, it fouls with the handbrake and you lose a cup holder. But you do get some storage space in the armrest. It is not very useful or necessary if your commute is limited to the city and even though the quality is pretty good, its definitely not worth paying 10k for it. Source it from ebay where it is much much cheaper.
Old 18th March 2015, 11:08   #68
BHPian

Quote:
It is not very useful or necessary if your commute is limited to the city and even though the quality is pretty good, its definitely not worth paying 10k for it. Source it from ebay where it is much much cheaper.
Thanks Porschefire.. I do plan on using it for highway runs and I guess am used to having one on my previous City. So have decided to give it a pass this time around and after a month or so if I feel the need for it, I shall go and get it. Did you take the vinyl leather seat covers they offer? Wondering if I should opt for it. I got the VIN from the dealer and its a Feb 2015 make. Expected delivery in a week. Looking forward to driving it soon

Any other accessories you would recommend?

Nimz
Old 18th March 2015, 12:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Porschefire.. I do plan on using it for highway runs and I guess am used to having one on my previous City. So have decided to give it a pass this time around and after a month or so if I feel the need for it, I shall go and get it. Did you take the vinyl leather seat covers they offer? Wondering if I should opt for it. I got the VIN from the dealer and its a Feb 2015 make. Expected delivery in a week. Looking forward to driving it soon

Any other accessories you would recommend?

Nimz
I opted out of the vinyl leather seat covers as I have plans of going for genuine leather. Feb 2015 make is good! Let me know if there are changes/updates vis-a-vis 2014 models.
The only accessories that will be in stock as per my assumption are the car cover and the scuff plates. You can go for both of them. They'll also offer you 3M Paint protection for INR 3500. IMO, its better to get the paint sealant and underbody coating done from an authorized 3M outlet. Apart from that, get 3M PPF done for the parts that you think might get scratched easily.

Happy Motoring!

AD
Old 24th March 2015, 18:26   #70
BHPian

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-008.jpg

6000 kms up in exactly 5 months of niggle free ownership.
As you can see, Bangalore's getting hotter by the day and this is the time when the climate control is under test. Its been working fine with the AC cooling the cabin in no time. I've planned a family trip to my native next month where we can expect similar temperatures and >90% humidity with 4 people on board. Should be interesting!
Old 25th March 2015, 13:41   #71
VKS
BHPian

Hey Porschefire, The red looks fantastic. Seems you spend some quality time on the upkeep of the car regularly.

I got the Armrest installed at the time of delivery and never felt it interfering with the handbrake, may be i got used to it from first day itself.

Also, do you get a tik-tak kind of sound from the rear suspension / Brake on braking or starting.This happens at low speeds so can't be ABS. The service centre says that it is happening in the demo cars too. Not a niggle but annoying for Team-bhpian to hear any sound from the Car which is not a Engine roar or a Turbo
VKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 20:36   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Hey Porschefire, The red looks fantastic. Seems you spend some quality time on the upkeep of the car regularly.
Thank you!

Quote:
Also, do you get a tik-tak kind of sound from the rear suspension / Brake on braking or starting.This happens at low speeds so can't be ABS. The service centre says that it is happening in the demo cars too. Not a niggle but annoying for Team-bhpian to hear any sound from the Car which is not a Engine roar or a Turbo
I've never noticed this sound while driving, maybe because I always drive with the music on. But I do get this 'tak' sound from the rear suspension when I park the car and get out of it. It is annoying as you said and I want to get it checked at the service center.
Also, now that I think of it, I've never managed to engage the ABS! Maybe I'm not driving hard enough.

Last edited by Porschefire : 25th March 2015 at 20:37.
Old 3rd April 2015, 19:15   #73
BHPian

Hey Porschefire, did a 300 km trip today on the highways. Kept it at 2000 rpm (110 kmph) but occasionally had to go to 3K ( couldn't help it). Loved the planted feel of the car even at 140 kmph. And the cruise control. Awesome!!

But my feet kinda froze. Though I had set the acc for only the top vents, I felt a small stream of air on my feet as well. Do you get that too? I find it a little irritating. Maybe I need to get it checked at the service center but wanted to see if that was a common feature or just a defect in mine.

Where do you keep your phone in the car? . Just curious.
Old 4th April 2015, 15:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
But my feet kinda froze. Though I had set the acc for only the top vents, I felt a small stream of air on my feet as well. Do you get that too? I find it a little irritating. Maybe I need to get it checked at the service center but wanted to see if that was a common feature or just a defect in mine.

Where do you keep your phone in the car? . Just curious.
Hmmm, that's something I've never noticed because I usually drive with my shoes on. Maybe its normal for some amount of air to pass through all the vents even when you set the ACC for the top vents. Let me check and revert back if its the same case in my car.
My phone is usually in my pocket or inside the central arm rest. Thanks to Sync, I never use my phone when inside the car.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:11   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, that's something I've never noticed because I usually drive with my shoes on. Maybe its normal for some amount of air to pass through all the vents even when you set the ACC for the top vents. Let me check and revert back if its the same case in my car.
My phone is usually in my pocket or inside the central arm rest. Thanks to Sync, I never use my phone when inside the car.
Thanks mate.. So back from Chennai.. 900+ kms on the odo. Loving it. Figured out a comfy seat position. The way the seat hugs you.. Nice!! The cruise control is amazing. Didn't notice the AC vents in the footwell on the return journey. The Fiesta cornering the sweeping highways bathed in the golden rays of the setting sun in tune to the thrum of the diesel engine was a delight to the senses that I sadly did not notice other insignificant things like the AC vents or where to keep the toll receipts or changing the folder in the USB!!

Though I did not take the car beyond 120kmph (2 to 2.5K odd rpm), other cars would just fall back in the curves and the Fiesta would just go on.. of course they all overtook me on the straights
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks