Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:40   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My other car is an Accord! Pre-owned 2003 Honda Accord 2.3L MT

Yes, the transfer was done successfully, and the dealer stood by his word and saw it through on his part!

The car has been lying idle for long is my guess. After all it has been many years. I also heard from the dealer the family that owned the car have many other luxury cars and it is likely this car just stood in the parking spot for too long.

Sourcing original spares has so far not been a problem. Even Honda service centre has confirmed spares are available, though not always readily.

For the AC trouble the initial guess is the cooling coil may have rusted, leading to a gas leak. A fewonths ago I had an instance where the gas had actually come out ftom the vents, though it was a small quantity.

So I think most issues are related to disuse and age.
Old 8th April 2016, 12:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

The car is with Select Auto for AC work. The cooling coil needs replacement, the compressor needs oil and the gas has to be refilled. A bigger than expected dent to the pocket this time of around 20k.
Old 23rd January 2018, 22:11   #93
BHPian

Hey honeybee,

Such a lovely thread! Please post an update. After seeing your car recently it seemed to be working fine.

In addition please post pictures of your black beauty more often.

--surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 17:34   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hey honeybee,

Such a lovely thread! Please post an update. After seeing your car recently it seemed to be working fine.
Thanks for the words of appreciation towards an ageing beauty. Recent updates include a few repairs:

The major amongst the repairs was engine overheating. Few weeks back when I took the car to office, the radiator hose carrying water to the engine ruptured and poured water and coolant out - right outside my office. I also noticed one of the radiator fans was not working.

A replacement hose could not be procured by the workshop and so a jugaad was prepared to carry out the work. A replacement fan motor saw the car getting back in shape. The Lonavla run for the Mumbai Pune mega meet and a couple of office trips later the problem seems to have been resolved.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks