Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2015, 13:53   #91
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Friends,

First of all apologies for the delayed reply. Have been busy for last couple of weeks.

Good news is i got my Skoda Rapid Elegance "plus" DSG Cappuccino Beige Black Package delivered on April 2nd. The reason why i have written the plus in bold will be revealed as you read the post fully.

Again, thanks to all TBHPians who have helped me choose this car, i am truly loving my run with this beauty.

CHeers
Congratulations! Very nice looking sedan. The smoked headlights and silver color looks very classy.

Do post some interior pictures.
Old 18th April 2015, 14:06   #92
BHPian

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by charansuki View Post
Hi Kiran,

Congrats on the car. Looks are a stunner with black package. Wish you many more happy miles with the beast. To answer your questions

1. Yes this is the right. you can also put the car in P and just leave it at that as well. However handbrake is the most optimal choice as it avoids the stress on wheel lock pins

2. This is perfectly fine. It used to happen in my old figo as well

3. I dont see why not? as long as you are not redlining and not pushing it for too long, you can drive it in S mode normally without any issues. Watch out for the mileage indicator though, you might feel your heart skip a beat or two

4. Thats may be the turbo spooling and but i never noticed it, let me check in my car over the weekend and let you know

even if the AC is in circulation mode i do notice that outside smell does creep in sometimes. this was surprising for me as well as i hadn't noticed it any other cars. May be you can check with your service rep when you do give it in and let me know what you hear

Looks like the elegance plus is the addition of only the art leather seats. everything else was available in elegance trim when i bought my car. Have they changed the options now?

Thanks charansuki. Yes i will check with SA for the ac thing. With diesel sedan + DSG combo i dont get tired after a long drive. In 2015 manufactured models the top trim is split as elegance and elegance plus. I have posted the differences in my previous post.

Also i wanted to show the mileage that i got while descending from kotagiri towards mettupalayam through ghats. Amazing mileage of 40+kmpl. Pic attached

.My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience-imageuploadedbyteambhp1429345856.461407.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations! Very nice looking sedan. The smoked headlights and silver color looks very classy.

Do post some interior pictures.

Thanks geotracks. Its actually cappuccino beige. I think since i used adobe lightroom to process the picture it looks like silver.
Old 9th June 2015, 09:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charansuki View Post
AC within the car is very powerful and cools very efficiently. I always set the temperature to 23 and it maintains that very efficiently. Now that summer is here I need to see how efficient it is. But in the places like Mangalore and Rameshwaram I didnt face any issues.
Any idea where the Automatic AC's temperature sensor is placed in the car? Sometimes even when its hot outside, if the car is driven slowly inside city, the fan speed tends to be low which is not comfortable.
Old 12th June 2015, 00:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea where the Automatic AC's temperature sensor is placed in the car? Sometimes even when its hot outside, if the car is driven slowly inside city, the fan speed tends to be low which is not comfortable.
Here I guess.

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience-image.jpg
Old 17th June 2015, 16:15   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
First of all apologies for the delayed reply. Have been busy for last couple of weeks.
Congratulations for your Rapid, Wish you Happy miles !!
Regarding the price Diff - How much extra did you end-up paying??

40 K diff - for Seat Cover, Cruise control and reverse sensor is steep,

Last edited by ampere : 17th June 2015 at 18:28. Reason: Removed bulk of the quoted post
Old 17th June 2015, 17:46   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Congratulations for your Rapid, Wish you Happy miles !!

Regarding the price Diff - How much extra did you end-up paying??

40 K diff - for Seat Cover, Cruise control and reverse sensor is steep,

Thanks hemant. I paid 10K extra thats all. That too a through a PDC.
Old 19th June 2015, 21:51   #97

Hello people. I was planning on buying a rapid elegance diesel. Extensive research and drives have already been done towards the car. The only thing which has me unsure till the now is ICE. My dad and I, both of us are audiophiles. We currently own a ford fiesta of 2010 make and have done complete sound proofing of the door panels, boot, floor etc ourselves just to ensure everything is as perfect as possible. We have invested heavily in the ICE as well, to the extent that my dad got the subwoofer and the amp imported all the way from US and Germany. The point I want to make is that the Rapid's stock ICE is just about OK. Any audiophile would agree with me here. Can any rapid owner (2014,2015 preferably) provide me the information as to what is the size of the door speakers in the Diesel Rapid Elegance and is there a pre amp OUT or a SUB OUT in the stock head unit provided by skoda. And lastly, just correct me if I am wrong. The stock unit in the rapid is RCD 320, right? Thank you.
Old 29th June 2015, 12:54   #98
BHPian

Guys, posting some LTD sticker pictures. Couldn't resist!
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience-1435562629164.jpg  

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience-1435562641762.jpg  

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience-1435562651842.jpg  

Old 6th July 2015, 20:51   #99
BHPian

Hi, anyone facing the issue of low air flow from rear AC vents? My SA told me that there's nothing wrong and that's how it functions in all cars.
Old 6th July 2015, 21:35   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Hi, anyone facing the issue of low air flow from rear AC vents? My SA told me that there's nothing wrong and that's how it functions in all cars.
The flow is quite low in my Vento too. Not sure if it is meant to be like that or whether the design makes it like that. But have not faced any complaints from the rear passengers.
Old 6th July 2015, 23:29   #101
BHPian

Need some feedback from rapid and vento owners on the life of shockers. In different thread on Team BHP many vento owners have mentioned that shockers conk off between third and fourth year. Since rapid shares the common parts.. is the same applicable here? Please mention any other issue as well which is common to both.
Old 7th July 2015, 07:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
Need some feedback from rapid and vento owners on the life of shockers. In different thread on Team BHP many vento owners have mentioned that shockers conk off between third and fourth year. Since rapid shares the common parts.. is the same applicable here? Please mention any other issue as well which is common to both.
I believe 3 to 4 years of Indian roads survival is good enough! My Maruti Swift shockers also conked off after 55K kms.
Old 7th July 2015, 12:39   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I believe it is like that only.
If the rear passengers are facing discomfort, just throttle the front ac vents by 50% or so to divert more air towards the rear vents.
Old 11th July 2015, 11:26   #104
BHPian

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

Hi,

Does anyone know the part number for K&N filter for 1.5 TDI? Im trying to source one from the US.

Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 07:45   #105
BHPian

Hi, is anyone changing the air filters before the stipulated 15K service marks? Or is anyone cleaning it up themselves? Any DIY tutorials available?

Most Viewed