Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 12:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi: Things get really LUVly

Congratulations kisharchit and thanks for the detailed review. Ertiga is a great vehicle and has been tested on all terrains. On a trip to kedarnath 2 years back, i found may Ertiga taxis. I inquired with some drivers and they were all praise for it - economical, safe and practical plus the benefits of a maruti car with spider web of service and accessory enters.

Regarding bull bar, i bow down to the overwhelming majority who are advising you to pull it down but if i were you, i will still like to keep it. The only reason against it is deployment of air bags. Now as a owner, i wish they are never used and they are just there for the last eventuality. And airbags do malfunction sometimes.

But a bull bar greatly helps avoid nicks and cuts by other commuters in city and other traffic. That is why you see everyone doing it. It has its practical benefits.

If the problem is sensors fitted in bumpers, check if you can cut out some holes in the bar to overcome the problem.

Wish you happy and safe driving is this nice winter weather.
autobahnjpr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 15:08   #32
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review, kisharchit. Enjoyed reading your experience. 3M paint protection film is a good alternative to save the bumpers from nicks and cuts. Please check that option and remove the bull bar.
Indicruz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 17:33   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Congratulations kisharchit and thanks for the detailed review. Ertiga is a great vehicle and has been tested on all terrains. On a trip to kedarnath 2 years back, i found may Ertiga taxis. I inquired with some drivers and they were all praise for it - economical, safe and practical plus the benefits of a maruti car with spider web of service and accessory enters.

Regarding bull bar, i bow down to the overwhelming majority who are advising you to pull it down but if i were you, i will still like to keep it. The only reason against it is deployment of air bags. Now as a owner, i wish they are never used and they are just there for the last eventuality. And airbags do malfunction sometimes.

But a bull bar greatly helps avoid nicks and cuts by other commuters in city and other traffic. That is why you see everyone doing it. It has its practical benefits.

If the problem is sensors fitted in bumpers, check if you can cut out some holes in the bar to overcome the problem.

Hi AutoBahnJPR, thank you for the wishes. Yes the economy is astounding for a 7 seater. And I do agree with the statement regarding the bull bar. But I guess it might go in 2-3 months. I don't think cutting holes in the bar would make anything better aside from rust in the bar only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicruz View Post
Thanks for the detailed review, kisharchit. Enjoyed reading your experience. 3M paint protection film is a good alternative to save the bumpers from nicks and cuts. Please check that option and remove the bull bar.
Thank you Indicruz. Will be going to 3M Car Care in either Gurgaon (which is nearer to my house) or the Kailash branch. Just need the time!
Old 15th December 2014, 19:23   #34
BANNED

Quote:

Everybody does it due to herd mentality and improper awareness as to what a bull bar does. I repeat - "It does more than good".

Other than body/paint damage there is nothing much that will happen in everyday usage and if an accident happens and these airbags don't deploy, what's the use buying a car equipped with one?

I am ready to repaint/get a new bumper or a body part rather than losing my life!

Quote:
Are you serious buddy? I hope not!

The cars body had crumple zone that absorb the energy and crumple rather than crumpling the human inside it. These bull bars will block both the air bag deployment initiation sensor and also the crumple zones. You can do 'N' number of holes in the bull bar but no use at all.

PS: I feel we are dragging this topic further and deviating from the ownership report. Sorry to hijack the thread. Henceforth this is my last post on benefits of removing bull bar.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 01:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Dear autobahnjpr, I wish you could have spoken some sense here. Can you in any way guide the members where to drill the hole and how that will help deploy Airbag? We do not expect such suggestion by a TeamBHP member which simply compromises safety.
spyder_p8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 14:23   #36
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th December 2014 at 15:38.
autobahnjpr is online now   Received Infraction
Old 1st January 2015, 15:01   #37
BANNED

Took my LUV to Jaipur for a random drive with Family. As usual, the Ertiga performed flawlessly on ghats and the highways.

Total Kms Driven on the trip:

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi: Things get really LUVly-altahljlwqu42zegy5m5khi0y5lhbwylqr2mzpwq7lqxa.jpg

One Day, I shall conquer that Horizon as well...

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi: Things get really LUVly-dsc_03951.jpg

Parked at Jaigarh Fort, Jaipur:

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi: Things get really LUVly-dsc_04091.jpg

And we all Live To Drive, don't we?

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi: Things get really LUVly-dsc_00541.jpg
Old 1st January 2015, 19:32   #38
BHPian

Hi,

Congrats on your new Ertiga; its defenitely the most sensible choice below 10 lakhs.
In fact there are two more bottle holders in the third row , which can even hold 2 liter bottles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post

There are 4 bottle holders in the whole car. Though not very big but can manage to hold a thin/slim bottle. Very useful for the long journeys that this car is born to do.
Old 14th January 2015, 22:59   #39
BANNED

Car came back from a superb trip to Shimla amidst the fog and rain and snow. It returned a FE of 18.4 for the whole trip which is pretty good considering the mountain roads and all. Again car will be heading to Chandigarh this weekend.

Oh boy, we made the Donkey into a Workhorse! :P
Old 14th January 2015, 23:16   #40
BHPian

Looking at the pictures from 1st Jan. You have spent your hard earned money to buy a car with 3 Star NCAP( assuming it is same as swift) and spent some more hard earned money to buy that bull bar. Essentially, its back to ZERO NCAP now.The Airbags can be taken out and can be used to carry out science experiments. I may be harsh but this could be one of the way to raise awareness.
spyder_p8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 19:20   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_p8 View Post
Looking at the pictures from 1st Jan. You have spent your hard earned money to buy a car with 3 Star NCAP( assuming it is same as swift) and spent some more hard earned money to buy that bull bar. Essentially, its back to ZERO NCAP now.The Airbags can be taken out and can be used to carry out science experiments. I may be harsh but this could be one of the way to raise awareness.
Thank you very much for your kind words. But I guess it's on now and for a little more time so I guess your harshness can stay valid for that time.
Old 26th February 2015, 20:28   #42
BANNED

Car is running at 22K+ kms now. Got its 20K kms servicing at 21K kms (blame the hectic schedule). Total Bill came up to 7.2K INR. Satisfied with the servicing of Apra Motors, Gurgaon.

Have some accessories planned (removal of one too )for the LUV. Will add to the beauty for sure it will.

Attached some recent pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi: Things get really LUVly-10549262_10154560861600503_176422213035266117_o.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi: Things get really LUVly-10636413_10154706160345503_3836691219667015321_o.jpg  

Old 7th March 2015, 09:09   #43
BANNED

And the Ertiga met with an accident. A biker came from the wrong side and just crashed head on. Luckily the biker is okay but the Ertiga came out decently well. The front bull bar took the impact well. Though the AC pipe did get cut and the bumper has torn. The car will go for repairs on monday. As of now the car drives fine just no AC. :P
Old 8th March 2015, 00:38   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice placement of side-door beads. That's the place it looks best at. Have seen on some cars that its pasted at the centre of door, makes it look too busy IMHO.
And like all members, I too request you to kindly remove that front bull-bar.

Regards,
Shashi.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 11:22   #45
BHPian

Nice review.

Yes I agree with you that the Ertiga is value for money vehicle, but please get rid of the crash guard. It makes just no sense buying a vehicle with Airbags and using a crash guard.

God forbid if ever have a collision, the sensor will not be able to estimate the force of the impact and the airbags may not inflate. Then what is the point of having purchased a ZDI variant.

You have written that you were specifically interested in V variant Innova just because it has airbags. Then my friend you should get rid of the crash guard as soon as possible. I am not ridiculing you or anything. Its for your own good.

Take care.

Last edited by ortho_surgeon : 9th March 2015 at 11:30.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks