Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:39   #196
vdm
BHPian

Well I am extremely sorry for the confusion caused by myself. I don't know how I had missed out on that post. I have been reading your thread before my approval of membership a day before and I have been enjoying going through your thread. Anyways looking foward for your posts. Cheers vdm.:beer:
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:02   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
Well I am extremely sorry for the confusion caused by myself. I don't know how I had missed out on that post. I have been reading your thread before my approval of membership a day before and I have been enjoying going through your thread. Anyways looking foward for your posts. Cheers vdm.:beer:
No worries mate, since you are a newbie, I can understand. Slowly you will learn the "tricks of the trade". Keep reading and contributing over here in TBHP
Old 10th July 2015, 06:54   #198
BHPian

Good morning to all ,
It has been a long wait to get my Work horse back running. If all goes well , then it will be delivered on following Monday, that's 13th July 2015.
The delay was due to the number of vehicles before as my car was 117th in the queue. Anyways to add to this, the surveyor had few things that he did not consider. On couple of requests, he finally met me and my cousin yesterday. We tried our best to convince and finally got an approval during my yesterday's visit.
Rest of the work is complete.
Once I get back my car, hopefully I will share my experience and the details here.
It's for the first time that I have claimed an insurance in my years of driving that too for not driving.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 11:25   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Good morning to all ,
It has been a long wait to get my Work horse back running. If all goes well , then it will be delivered on following Monday, that's 13th July 2015.
Hello Shahbaaz, just yesterday I was thinking about you and your car and wondering what could be its status, whether you have got it back etc. Now I see this update from you. Here's wishing you that you get your car back in tip-top shape on 13th.

Quote:
The delay was due to the number of vehicles before as my car was 117th in the queue.
DSK Toyota is always bustling with vehicles. Now does these 117 include regular servicing cars as well as accident repairs or is it only accident repairs?

Quote:
Once I get back my car, hopefully I will share my experience and the details here.
It's for the first time that I have claimed an insurance in my years of driving that too for not driving.
Yes, looking forward to that with bated breath. We all will learn from your experience. I had done a couple of accident repairs on my previous car, Indica, but all were from my FNG. Never once I have claimed the insurance (touchwood), hence want to learn from your experience. Just the thought of keeping the car in workshop for days together gives me nightmares as it is my only means of daily commute to office. When I had bought it from the previous owner and given it for denting-painting-polishing job, I had to keep it in garage for a week, but then that time I had my Indica as a back-up car. In Jan this year I sold off my Indica, so the Black Workhorse is my only steed for all the purposes.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 00:13   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Conclusion: The bearing replacement job will be done at DSK Toyota (authorized service centre only). However DSK outsources the "bearing removal from the hub" and fitment job to a third party. So I am sure, the new bearing will be a genuine (OEM) one only and the warranty of the new bearing will be completely DSK's responsibility. Hope now I have been able to clear the confusion created by my previous post
Hi.

Was the bearing replacement job done- properly?

Somehow, outsourcing such a job makes me feel that the folks at DSK Toyota reek of incompetence.

I know that is not the case, but outsourcing a simple bearing replacement job? Seriously? I guess labour and infrastructure falls short- because of the large number of vehicles they need to tend to, daily.

That aside, have you used the services of Sharayu Toyota yet? I wonder how they are.
Old 11th July 2015, 05:21   #201
BHPian

Finntail,
You are partly correct. The number of vehicles pouring in to DSK are in large numbers and hence they are struggling for space. Based on the latest information, DSK is setting up a service center in Thergaon with a spacious premises. Hopefully it will reduce the waiting period.
Regarding the outsourcing, mostly the dealers do not invest on machinery wherein the requirement is less. Secondly they have to also higher trained Labour in shifts which is a costly affair.

On to Sharayu dealership :
I had been to Sharayu once, and before that my cousin was a regular customer when the dealership was new. The people who joined at that time were known to him and being close to our house, it made sense to get the vehicles serviced at their center. Initially the service was great, but lately the quality dropped. Hence we rely on the trusted DSK Toyota though being on the other side of the city.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 14:32   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Was the bearing replacement job done- properly?
FINTAIL, the bearing replacement job is still not done. I am going to club it with my 65K service, which will happen in the first week of Aug.

Quote:
Somehow, outsourcing such a job makes me feel that the folks at DSK Toyota reek of incompetence. I know that is not the case, but outsourcing a simple bearing replacement job? Seriously?
As Shahbaaz has rightly mentioned bearing removal/fittment is a specialzed job and may need some special (heavy duty) press. DSK Toyota might not have found worth investing in it, for the very few bearing replacement jobs they might be doing on any given day. Just to site you another example with my previous car (Indica), any issue related to Fuel Injection Pump or the starter/ alternator, TASS would never carry out the job themselves and would always outsource to the nearest TVS Lucas service centre. In a nit shell, though a service center is equipped to carry out majority of the services, some parts, which require specialized tools or expertise are better handled by outsourcing.

Quote:
I guess labour and infrastructure falls short- because of the large number of vehicles they need to tend to, daily.
True, there is always rush at DSK Bavdhan and probably that is the reason they might be coming up with this new facility at Thergaon

Quote:
That aside, have you used the services of Sharayu Toyota yet? I wonder how they are.
I have not tried personally Sharayu Toyota yet. Also as per the feedback from Shahbaaz, DSK Bavdhan apparently seems to be better than Sharayu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
DSK is setting up a service center in Thergaon with a spacious premises. Hopefully it will reduce the waiting period.
Thanks for sharing it Shahbaaz. I was not aware of that. This seems to be very close to my house (within 4-5 kms).
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 17:11   #203
BHPian

Hello sir,

Have a small question for you. My brothers Innova which has finihed 1,94,000 thousand kilometers had a peculiar problem yesterday. After a long drive of about 150 km's he returned home idled the engine for about 30 seconds(for the turbo) switched the car off and went in to open the garage door. In about 5 minutes he came back to park his workhorse in. He tried starting the car but it just would not start. The starter motor was functioning all right, the battery is also a new one no problem with that but the engine just would not start. He tried about 5-6 times and gave up. After about an hour he returned and tried to start the engine but again it would not. But after 2 tries the engine sprung to life. He then went for a small drive just to make sure everything is fine. The workhorse ran as usual. So is this just a one off case or have you ever had to face something like this or seen anyone have to face this starting problem? He has no modifications done to the engine except for the dieseltronics tuning box he added at the dealership.

Also I must say compared to the initial photos and the recent ones the car looks really nice with that shine after your care and maintenance .

Thanks,
swamyzen
swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 17:28   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
Hello sir,

Have a small question for you. My brothers Innova which has finihed 1,94,000 thousand kilometers had a peculiar problem yesterday. After a long drive of about 150 km's he returned home idled the engine for about 30 seconds(for the turbo) switched the car off and went in to open the garage door. In about 5 minutes he came back to park his workhorse in. He tried starting the car but it just would not start. The starter motor was functioning all right, the battery is also a new one no problem with that but the engine just would not start. He tried about 5-6 times and gave up. After about an hour he returned and tried to start the engine but again it would not. But after 2 tries the engine sprung to life. He then went for a small drive just to make sure everything is fine. The workhorse ran as usual. So is this just a one off case or have you ever had to face something like this or seen anyone have to face this starting problem? He has no modifications done to the engine except for the dieseltronics tuning box he added at the dealership.
This is the first time I am coming across such a problem for an Innova. Nevertheless let us try to diagnose why this would have happened. Can you please help in getting the answers to the below questions from your brother:
  1. When he stopped the car and restarted did he notice the instrument cluster? Was the battery indicator light staying on for more time than normal?
  2. Did your brother tanked up from a different bunk form the regular one?
  3. The fuel filter of Innova is for lifetime, but was it recently changed or cleaned/dismantled during the last service?
If you can get the answers to the above questions, then we can reach some conclusion.

Quote:
Also I must say compared to the initial photos and the recent ones the car looks really nice with that shine after your care and maintenance .

Thanks,
swamyzen
Thank you for your compliments swamyzen. I do agree the denting-painting-polishing job has turned my dull, aged BW into a young, fresh, shining beauty. I have decided that at least once in a year I will get the polishing and waxing done for my car. It makes a hell lot of difference.

Edit: Just now called up DSK Toyota, Bavdhan to book the 65K service on 1st Aug 2015 (odo stands at 64,300 kms today). Hoping to cover 700kms in the next 20 days. Since the workshop opens pretty early in the morning @ 07:30am, I told I want my car to be the first one taken inside. All this because, the bearing replacement being outsourced is definitely going to take some time and I don't want to keep the car at the workshop for more than a day.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 11th July 2015 at 17:49.
Old 11th July 2015, 20:06   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir,

Thanks,
swamyzen
The engine immobilizer can also be suspected.The same case happened with my swift (one time at the fuel station). Did he remove the key,reinsert and attempt?
Does the Innova have a chip inbuilt type ignition key?
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 20:08   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The engine immobilizer can also be suspected.The same case happened with my swift (one time at the fuel station). Did he remove the key,reinsert and attempt?
Does the Innova have a chip inbuilt type ignition key?
Yes, the Innova variants which come with immobilizer have the keys fitted with the chip.
Old 11th July 2015, 21:10   #207
BHPian

Quote:
This is the first time I am coming across such
Thanks a lot for the suggestions sir. No the battery warning light did not stay on for a longer time when he restarted. The fuel filter has been replaced once according to service history. He tanks up only from one fuel station- Shell on Hunsur Road in Mysore. Now the car is showing a host of new problems . The car just does not accelerate above what feels like 2000rpm( no tachometer as it is the E model). The engine is smoother than usual. Even if he puts the gear in neutral and revs the engine it does not rev above 2000 rpm. He called me up and told this at 6:30 PM. So he has decided to just keep it in the garage for tomorrow, call up Palace Toyota on Monday and ask them to send a technician down to check what is wrong . One thing I had not mentioned is he always sets the dieseltronics box to E mode (economy mode). He tried changing the map to P2 but no difference made.

@rakesh_r - No he had not tried that.

Last edited by swamyzen : 11th July 2015 at 21:12.
Old 11th July 2015, 21:29   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing I had not mentioned is he always sets the dieseltronics box to E mode (economy mode). He tried changing the map to P2 but no difference made.
Now I completely missed out on that part. Why doesn't he take out the tuning box completely and try to run his car as stock. If the stock car does not have any issues in acceleration, then it can be isolated and concluded that the tuning box is acting wierd.
Old 12th July 2015, 22:42   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Now I completely missed out on that part. Why doesn't he take out the tuning box completely and try to run his car as stock. If the stock car does not have any issues in acceleration, then it can be isolated and concluded that the tuning box is acting wierd.
Thanks a lot sir! Yes did turn out the tuning box is the culprit. At first when he took out the tuning box no change was noticed. I asked him to disconnect the battery and then connect it back after leaving it for some time. Everything became fine after the reset. He went for a drive of 70 kilometers and noticed everything was back to normal. He had a trip lined up for tomorrow but thanks to the malfunction he decided to use his friends spare car. But now thanks to the problem gone he can do the trip with his workhorse . He has decided to ditch the tuning box thanks tho the scare it gave him by malfunctioning. Thanks a lot again sir .

Last edited by swamyzen : 12th July 2015 at 22:45.
swamyzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 08:47   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot sir! Yes did turn out the tuning box is the culprit. At first when he took out the tuning box no change was noticed. I asked him to disconnect the battery and then connect it back after leaving it for some time. Everything became fine after the reset. He went for a drive of 70 kilometers and noticed everything was back to normal. He had a trip lined up for tomorrow but thanks to the malfunction he decided to use his friends spare car. But now thanks to the problem gone he can do the trip with his workhorse . He has decided to ditch the tuning box thanks tho the scare it gave him by malfunctioning. Thanks a lot again sir .
Well, that is an interesting observation and thank you for sharing it. . So my wild guess seems to have hit the "bull's eye". Now couple of queries, how long the tuning box have been fitted on the car, is there any instrument cluster/ indication that the tuning box is not functioning as expected? This could perhaps have saved all the trouble to your brother.

This is quite a learning for me. I was inclined towards fitting a tuning box on my car as well, but incidences like these makes me rethink. It is always better to keep the car in stock condition as far as possible if you want to have peace of mind. Modifications may give you instantaneous pleasures, but if that is at the cost of reliability then I don't want to touch it even with a barge pole.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks