Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 23:36   #406
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Wow ! Hats off to your amazing calmness and coolness in handling the issue. If it were to me , I would have lost my cool and would have blasted the guy to a point where there would be no scenario for compromise or would have tesigned to fate of having an accidental vehicle.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 08:04   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Cannot imagine what will happen when I will break this news to my parents tomorrow morning.
Just now broke the news to my parents. Against my expectation, Dad had a more "puzzled" look on his face rather than "shocked" one. When I narrated the whole story, he came to the terms and fully supported my decision. Mom was in a hurry to go to the temple. On her face too, the "I am least bothered" look gave me some relief.

So finally all have taken the news in their own stride. That is half the job done. I informed Dad that the upcoming Ertiga facelift is the most suitable car for our needs. I thought that he would insist on sticking to the Innova. His major concerns were, car should be able to climb inclines without breaking a sweat, there must be rear AC, enough space for weekend luggage, good ground clearance.

I told him that the new Ertiga ticks all the above boxes. I told him that we will take extensive test drives before finalizing the next car, like just yesterday we took a Scorpio TD. He has now warmed up to the Ertiga as our next car.

Meanwhile I would be "car-less" for the next couple of weeks. My brother-in-law has come to my rescue and offered me my good old Indica as a standby car. That car is just sitting idle in his apt parking and he readily agreed to lend me his car till the time I get a new one. So selling your car to your close relatives/ friends doe help. Even another office friend of mine offered me his Santro. God bless such good people and let their tribe increase.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 17:00   #408
BHPian

Quote:
I told him that the new Ertiga ticks all the above boxes. I told him that we will take extensive test drives before finalizing the next car, like just yesterday we took a Scorpio TD. He has now warmed up to the Ertiga as our next car. My brother-in-law has come to my rescue and offered me my good old Indica as a standby car.
Really happy that everything worked out well for you . Checked your thread today after a long time and was suprised and happy with the new developments.

So you've decided to get the Ertiga now? Great! I guess even the mid variant(VDi) makes sense now because of ABS and airbags being standard. Plus the split folding 3rd row seats are a great convenience.

Is the Ertiga gonna be a standby till the new Innova is launched or is she a keeper for a few years? I hope not! Cause I am eagerly awaiting the first 2016 Toyota innova ownership report! *winks*

Last edited by Shanksta : 16th October 2015 at 17:20.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 17:14   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Really happy that everything worked out well for you . Checked your thread today after a long time and was suprised and happy with the new developments.
Yes, it has been a long struggle, but finally all is well that ends well.

Quote:
So you've decided to get the Ertiga now? Great! I guess even the mid variant(VDi) makes sense now because of ABS and airbags being standard. Plus the split folding 3rd row seats are a great convenience.
I agree, the VDi now makes a lot of sense. It gets most of the desirable features, dual front airbags, split 3rd row seats, auto retractable mirrors. However it misses out on the rear wiper and defogger. For me rear wiper is a must.

Quote:
Is the Ertiga gonna be a standby till the new Innova is launched or is she a keeper for a few years? I hope not! Cause I am eagerly awaiting the first 2016 Toyota ownership report! *winks*
As of now Ertiga will be a keeper for a few years at least. I may continue with it at least for 4 years if it serves me well.
Old 16th October 2015, 19:30   #410
Senior - BHPian

Hi AutoIndian,

I was following your thread keenly over the past few months, and I am very glad to know that things have worked out for you. Admire the patience and calmness with which you handled this episode.

All the best for your new acquisition, whichever it might be
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 19:49   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Great closure. Ethical behaviour by seller may be with bit of gaps. Hope you enjoy the next car though it's going to be tight fit for family after Innova
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 22:50   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have to hand over the car, key and documents over this weekend.
Finally the chapter of Black Workhorse in my life has been closed. I handed over the car, key and documents to the previous owner's sister. Had never imagined in the wildest of my dreams that I would sell my car within one year of purchase. Bought it home on 8th Nov 2014, sold it on 17th Oct 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I have been following your thread right from the starting and was a bit saddened to know about this ordeal. But now I'm glad that it all settled very well.

I must appreciate the way you handled this problem. You never lost your calm and patiently dealt with the previous owner.
And in return you got a decent value from the previous owner.
It all restores my belief that Good things do happen to good people.
Yes, somewhere I was deeply hurt after knowing that decent, well-to-do people (like the owner's father) would cheat so blatantly. Many friends were insisting me that I could have blasted the previous owner or sued him for cheating and forgery. I have a simple principle, "As you sow, so you reap".

Quote:
As for telling it to family that you are parting with the car, IMO, tell them the whole story with the truth. If I reckon correctly you were hesitant to tell them earlier as you thought they'll be uncomfortable sitting inside the accidental car. But hey, now you are selling the car and they won't be traveling in it. So telling the truth shouldn't be a problem.
Just my thoughts. Others may pour in.
I shared with my parents the true story with all the facts. Even they have been very supportive that I took the right decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hearty congratulations on sealing up the deal very amicably.
About the transfer of ownership-
1-Get the new owner and the previous owner sign a letter (with a revenue stamp) saying that you have handed over the car.Keep a copy to yourself and send one to the RTO.
2-Signature on Form-28,29,30 and 31 (please verify if all forms are required) which can be downloaded from-
http://www.rtopune.info/downloadrtoforms.htm.
Please keep a copy of all the signed documents.
Make sure you mention the date in the column below your signature.That will make sure the new owner to compulsorily transfers the ownership.
Thank you Rakesh for the suggestion. These are really valuable inputs. I made a proper agreement on a Rs 500/- stamp paper, attached photos of both parties, photo id copies. Also wherever I signed, I mentioned the date underneath it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
If the name of the person who will be the next buyer is known to you, then you can fill up another copy of the transfer forms with the name mentioned clearly on it.

This set can be sent by regd. post to the RTO so that it is legally no longer your liability.

Best of luck.
As of now it is not decided to whom they will sell. Hence I have just given my signature on Form-28 and Form-29

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Good, finally it worked out and it relieves you of all the tension, even though the car maybe at upright condition as of now. Not a bad deal at all.

However, I would advise, before handing over car and keys, strictly follow this:
1. Get underwriting on a stamp paper from the next owner taking possession of the car (and all things related to it) about
- such a deal and its details with complete naming of all parties involved,
- the responsibility of the next owner to get the car transferred to own name, and thereafter the insurance as well,
- signed by all parties involved,
- keep the original with you and give a copy to next & previous owner
- if needed, spend that minuscule amount for the stamp paper agreement, in effect legalize it in case at all needed in future and for your complete peace of mind since you are taking so much pains for it
- freeze using the car thereupon at the stated reading / condition etc

2. Get the next owner to
- prepare and sign off all RTO documents related to transfer,
- keep one copy of all with you,
- ask them to submit the document to RTO and get the receipt from RTO for the same and a copy of the same for you. It doesn't take long to do this process if all documents are in place, about a day at most by self.

That should relieve you of any and all things in future as far as the car is considered.

About telling to your family, be genuine and upfront with complete story.

Best wishes.
Thank you parsh. You have been very supportive and helpful all throughout my saga. I have done exactly as you have suggested above

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Congratulations Deepak! I can imagine it would be a big relief... all is well that ends well, so best of luck for your next car!!
True Sameer, I have exactly the same thoughts. Though I am a bit dejected that the car in which I had poured my heart has parted ways with me, I am readying myself for my next car, which would be a brand new one out of the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
Great to know everything is sorted out finally! Hats off to you for being so patient and fair even after getting to know the news! Must be a great relief for you. All the very best with the next new car !

Regards,
swamyzen
Thank you swamyzen. Releived, yes I am, but having mixed feelings. Happy that the deal went smoothly, but sad that a part of my life and family has been snatched away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That is excellent news Deepak. Pleased to hear that the deal has been done and trade off money is good too knowing the issues that the car has gone through.

Regarding the transfer, get an undertaking signed by the new owner that he is the new owner of the car and anything untoward happening is good responsibility.

Sign all papers and hand it over to the owner and also get the some ID proof of the new owner for safe side. Awaiting for full details.

All the best for everything and Advance congratulations on the Ertiga ZDi+.
Thank you Anurag, I have done exactly what you have suggested. Hopefully the agreement that I got done on a stamp paper will safeguard me in case of any furture unforseen events.

Ertiga ZDi+ is on the top from the current short list. However I don't want to make a hasty decision, now that I am "car-less". Two days back I test drove the Scorpio, Today I test drove the Mobilio. You won't believe the Mobilio RS(O) has a cash discount of 1.5 lacs and the SMT and VMT have a cash discount of 65K + corporate discount of another 7K. Tomorrow I am planinng to check out the Lodgy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Wow ! Hats off to your amazing calmness and coolness in handling the issue. If it were to me , I would have lost my cool and would have blasted the guy to a point where there would be no scenario for compromise or would have tesigned to fate of having an accidental vehicle.
The same thoughts went through my mind initially. Actually the real culprit was the owner's father with whom I had sealed the deal, hence there was no point in blasting the owner. Rather I respected him, when he gave me the buy back offer, knowing that his father had made a blunder. There is no point in crying over spilt milk. Some things are destined to happen. How we react to them determine our mettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

Is the Ertiga gonna be a standby till the new Innova is launched or is she a keeper for a few years? I hope not! Cause I am eagerly awaiting the first 2016 Toyota innova ownership report! *winks*
You are spot on Shanksta. The Ertiga VDi has now become tremendous VFM car. However it misses out on the rear wiper, which is a must for my next car. Only for that reason I may opt for a ZDi. The ZDi+ offers very little over the ZDi for the premium it is asking, hence in a bit of dilemma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Hi AutoIndian,

I was following your thread keenly over the past few months, and I am very glad to know that things have worked out for you. Admire the patience and calmness with which you handled this episode.

All the best for your new acquisition, whichever it might be
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Great closure. Ethical behaviour by seller may be with bit of gaps. Hope you enjoy the next car though it's going to be tight fit for family after Innova
Thank you Akmar and Sudev.

It is only the well wishes and tremendous support that I received from all you BHPians that have made it possible to smoothly sail over this tide in my life. Had it not been for this community I would have been completely shattered and broken in pieces by now.

Life is getting back to normal and I am hoping that the days to come will only bring cheer and joy in my life.

The last parting shot that I took of the Black Workhorse before handing over the key.

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-last-parting-shot-bw.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 23:20   #413
BHPian

You sir have truly handled this case in a way quite a few people could not have! Everything happens for a good reason and so has this. If you would not have gone to get that spare key done, down the line you would have problems much worse with respect to selling the car. So now that this is done and a major problem has been solved at the required time, cheer up and move on . Look at the brighter side. Hopefully in a month you might have a spanking new car at your parking spot .

Felt extremely bad to see the Black Workhorse going away as this was one of the reviews and car which kept me hooked on to Team BHP. I and my brother were able to completely relate to and agreed on what you had mentioned about the Innova! On a slightly OT note my brother's Innova crossed the magical 2,00,000 kilometer mark today.

Best of luck sir!

Swamyzen
swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 23:29   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
You sir have truly handled this case in a way quite a few people could not have! Everything happens for a good reason and so has this. If you would not have gone to get that spare key done, down the line you would have problems much worse with respect to selling the car. So now that this is done and a major problem has been solved at the required time, cheer up and move on . Look at the brighter side. Hopefully in a month you might have a spanking new car at your parking spot .
I am indeed hopeful. Mobilio is readily available in stock. However if I go for the Ertiga, not sure if I would receive it in a month, since it is new launch. If I get the my car before Diwali, then nothing like it.

Quote:
Felt extremely bad to see the Black Workhorse going away as this was one of the reviews and car which kept me hooked on to Team BHP. I and my brother were able to completely relate to and agreed on what you had mentioned about the Innova! On a slightly OT note my brother's Innova crossed the magical 2,00,000 kilometer mark today.

Best of luck sir!

Swamyzen
Many congratulations to your brother on crossing the 200K km milestone. You know what, I had crossed the 150K figure in my Indica and had planned to cross the 200K figure in my Innova, but alas, destiny had some different plans for me. Hope I can do that in my next car.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 23:34   #415
BHPian

Quote:
I am indeed hopeful. Mobilio is readily available in stock. However if I go for the Ertiga, not sure if I would receive it in a month, since it is new launch. If I get the my car before Diwali, then nothing like it.
Hi AutoIndian,
All this time, I had been silently following your thread and I am happy to see that you finally got out of the hassle.
I would suggest to have a look at Lodgy. If you can digest its looks, it is a competent product and an all rounder. You may strike a good deal as well due to low sale volumes.
All the best for your next purchase and Happy shopping!

Regards,
Shreyak
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 23:42   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Hi AutoIndian,
All this time, I had been silently following your thread and I am happy to see that you finally got out of the hassle.
I would suggest to have a look at Lodgy. If you can digest its looks, it is a competent product and an all rounder. You may strike a good deal as well due to low sale volumes.
All the best for your next purchase and Happy shopping!

Regards,
Shreyak
Thank you Shreyas for your wishes. I have not ruled out the Lodgy, infact tomorrow morning the first thing that I am going to do is visit the nearest Renault showroom. Lets see what the Lodgy has to offer.
Old 18th October 2015, 00:11   #417
BHPian

Good things happen to good people. I am so glad that this is a done deal now. Good luck for your next buy. Hope you will settle down with the new ertiga and we all will have another lovely ertiga thread like parags and rajains .
sajanjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 23:38   #418
BHPian

Hey Deepak, good to know about the deal. Good you received the amount that we had discussed. I would suggest you to go for a new purchase.
Last couple of months it has been busy at my end but I was keeping an eye on your thread. Today when I checked my mails, I was happy to read your posts.
Patience!!
Hope to meet you soon.
Old 18th October 2015, 23:54   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Hey Deepak, good to know about the deal. Good you received the amount that we had discussed. I would suggest you to go for a new purchase.
Last couple of months it has been busy at my end but I was keeping an eye on your thread. Today when I checked my mails, I was happy to read your posts.
Patience!!
Hope to meet you soon.
Thank you for your wishes Shahbaaz. No way I am going to purchase a used car now, it has to be brand new. Today afternoon I took the test drive of 85ps Lodgy. It is a very underrated car. In the evening I took the TD of TUV3OO AMT. Tomorrow again I am going to test drive the manual TUV along with my Dad. If my father likes it, I may cut a cheque of 25K towards the booking amount for TUV3OO manual.
Old 19th October 2015, 03:01   #420
BHPian

Quote:
No way I am going to purchase a used car now, it has to be brand new. Today afternoon I took the test drive of 85ps Lodgy. It is a very underrated car. In the evening I took the TD of TUV3OO AMT. Tomorrow again I am going to test drive the manual TUV along with my Dad. If my father likes it, I may cut a cheque of 25K towards the booking amount for TUV3OO manual.
+1 for the Lodgy. I don't think the TUV will be able to match the Lodgy either in terms of confort or power and drivability.I thought you were looking for a proper 7 seater which the TUV isn't.

And the TUV topend at 9 .0 lakhs ex showroom seems overpriced when the competent Scorpio S4+ is selling for 9.9x lakhs .

The Mobilio again has too many negatives.Horrible engine noise, cheap interiors.

I am surprised the Ertiga has waiting periods. Its after all a minor facelift but then my part of the country isn't very Maruti crazy.

Why don't you consider the XUV W4. It would the same as a Mobilio RS .

The way you dealt with the situation is a good lesson to be learnt especially for someone like me in my early 20's.

I stumbled upon your thread because we were thinking of getting a pre owned Innova but the plan has been dropped in favour of buying something else new or probably an used Santa Fe . The Innova prices are crazy. 2012 models run 1 lakh plus KM are selling for 12-13 lakhs here.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 19th October 2015 at 03:07.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed