Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 11:34   #436
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

I spent my complete Saturday reading this post and what a horrific end it had. Kudos to you Deepak for keeping your calm and being a gentleman throughout. I am actually getting a pre-worshipped innova through my organization (Car Lease). One of our Senior Officials has used it for 2yrs 9mths and before the contract expires(i.e. 3 yrs), he is returning it back. Now i have to opportunity to own this one by paying a minimal lease amount for the next two years and after which i can own it. Initially, i was going with the trust factor that it is a vehicle completely maintained by the organization and there is possibly nothing that can go wrong, but after your experience i have changed my mind. I will go and do a complete check up of the car even before entering any contarct. Also friends, please tell me if i should even go ahead with this car. It is a Toyota Innova Apr 2013 manufactured and has run for 55000Kms. It is a 8 seater VX model. Since the vehicle is of a Senior Director, the complete car was maintained by the company(Every big including insurance, Servicing, Wear and tear parts). The owner has changed the tyres at 50000Kms and as per him everything is in perfect condition. I think, they had changed the Clutch plates at 40000Kms(The driver drives the car and looks like he does a lot of clutch driving). That is the only major issue as it is mentioned by the company as well as the driver. I want to ask if a clutch change is a normal thing or should i stay away from the car. I am also going to take the car to Harsha Toyota where it has been serviced for the last two year and check with them about the history.
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:32   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
I spent my complete Saturday reading this post and what a horrific end it had. Kudos to you Deepak for keeping your calm and being a gentleman throughout.
Sorry for being late in responding to your post joelchandra. Office work kept me quite occupied for the last couple of days. I agree with you. The whole Innova episode was quite an experience, however all is well that ends well.

Quote:
I am actually getting a pre-worshipped innova through my organization (Car Lease). I will go and do a complete check up of the car even before entering any contarct. Also friends, please tell me if i should even go ahead with this car.
please get the service history thoroughly checked from the dealer from where the car was being regularly serviced. The dealer may not give the service history directly to you as the owner needs to accompany you, so get your boss along with you when pulling the service history.

Quote:
It is a Toyota Innova Apr 2013 manufactured and has run for 55000Kms. It is a 8 seater VX model. Since the vehicle is of a Senior Director, the complete car was maintained by the company(Every big including insurance, Servicing, Wear and tear parts).
Car is just 2.5 years old and not much running either. Moreover it is a 8 seater and top end, all these are plus points and quite lucrative offering.

Quote:
The owner has changed the tyres at 50000Kms and as per him everything is in perfect condition. I think, they had changed the Clutch plates at 40000Kms(The driver drives the car and looks like he does a lot of clutch driving). That is the only major issue as it is mentioned by the company as well as the driver. I want to ask if a clutch change is a normal thing or should i stay away from the car. I am also going to take the car to Harsha Toyota where it has been serviced for the last two year and check with them about the history.
The clutch seems to have taken the brunt of the poor driving habits of the chauffeur. Usually good driving habits can make a clutch last longer, for at least one lakh kms. I changed the clutch on my Indica at 1,10,000 kms. In this case you can take extensive test drives and get a feel of the clutch. If it has been changed at Harsha Toyota and you have the invoices for that, then no reason to worry.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 3rd December 2015 at 15:52.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 11:05   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

The clutch seems to have taken the brunt of the poor driving habits of the chauffeur. Usually good driving habits can make a clutch last longer, for at least one lakh kms. I changed the clutch on my Indica at 1,10,000 kms. In this case you can take extensive test drives and get a feel of the clutch. If it has been changed at Harsha Toyota and you have the invoices for that, then no reason to worry.
Well, I opted out of this deal. Though, i was not worried much about the clutch & other maintenance(Since this was going to be a leased company car and they promised to make all the repairs before they handover the car to me), I am planning to wait a bit more for the new Innova. I have been watching the Indonesia reviews of Innova and it looks fabulous.

I totally agree with you about the Clutch lasting over 1 lac kms. I have a 2007 SX4 which still runs on stock clutch and MASS has told me that the clutch is in very good condition and should last up to 1 lac at least(If not more).The current reading of SX4 is 70000kms and it is primarily used for highway runs only. I have a Ford Figo which has run about 80000Kms and there is still no trace of any clutch wear.

I am also very finicky about how the car is driven and because of this, I have decided to go for a new car than an old one. I also keep my cars for a long time with me and a new car seem to make more sense. Those extra bucks spent should give me peace of mind for another decade at least
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 23:48   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Well, I opted out of this deal.
Good that you opted out of this deal. Better be late than sorry.

Quote:
I am also very finicky about how the car is driven and because of this, I have decided to go for a new car than an old one. I also keep my cars for a long time with me and a new car seem to make more sense. Those extra bucks spent should give me peace of mind for another decade at least
absolutely. The main reason for going for a pre-worshipped car is the value proposition, but then if it is going to be at the cost of peace of mind, then it does not make sense. I learnt it the hard way. Better go for a new car even if it is a lower variant, you will have complete peace of mind.
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:31   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery of my TUV on 7th Nov and enjoying it thoroughly.
?
Congratulations. You are an epitome of patience indeed!

Happened to run through your post after looking at your reply to my post.
It is amazing how much you endured in this period of owning the Innova
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:06   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Congratulations. You are an epitome of patience indeed!

Happened to run through your post after looking at your reply to my post.
It is amazing how much you endured in this period of owning the Innova
Thanks mate. Some things just happen to you and you are at the receiving end for no fault of yours (same like your accident case). I thoroughly enjoyed the Innova with numerous trips with my family. But when I came to know about it being an accident vehicle, I couldn't sleep peacefully. I was indeed very lucky that the original owner himself bought the car back from me, otherwise selling it to a third person would have been catastrophic.

The last few months with the Innova was sort of a black chapter in my life, but with friends and family's support I could easily overcome it.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:05   #442
Senior - BHPian

Sometime back I received a call and the lady at the other end informed me that she is calling from Kothari Toyota, Bavdhan. So looks like after the DSK debacle and the subsequent shutting down of the DSK Toyota operations at Bavdhan and elsewhere, the new dealership has been awarded to Kothari. On asking the lady if they have started operating from the same facility as that of DSK Toyota, she informed that it is a new facility (very near to the DSK Toyota one). So finally some relief for Toyota car owners living around the Bavdhan area.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:08   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the new dealership has been awarded to Kothari. On asking the lady if they have started operating from the same facility as that of DSK Toyota, she informed that it is a new facility (very near to the DSK Toyota one). So finally some relief for Toyota car owners living around the Bavdhan area.
Some relief indeed for Toyota customers around that area in Pune.

You may want to post this on this thread (Lockdown & strike at DSK Toyota, Pune) too.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:11   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Some relief indeed for Toyota customers around that area in Pune.

You may want to post this on this thread (Lockdown & strike at DSK Toyota, Pune) too.
Thanks Parag for pointing me to the relevant thread. I have posted there as well.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks