Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 11:56   #46
BHPian

Re: Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure

Congratulation on your new car.

Italians are sturdy in their own way, but 205mm GC has my attention here. Much needed on BHR roads.

I too owned a Vespa in my student years. It was a great ride and never troubled me.

Have never owned an Italian car though, so no comments on that. But I am sure Fiat has plenty of fans.
Kn1ght1941 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 19:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

500km & 1 Month Report:
Its been a month since Avventura has been with me, though i have driven just past 500km due to hectic schedule.
The sweetest part of Avventura is its Multijet Engine, which growls to acceleration. I have reached now the comfort feeling while driving as well as confidence to handle a diesel monstrous engine. The steering is well in control at 100+ speeds and the Avventura is stuck to ground like glue inspite of 205mm of ground clearance. Sudden braking has good response inspite of absence on ABS in my car.
Im happy to say that i have clocked an FE of 19kmpl in these 500km of drive with 75% AC.

While i sing these praises, I lament too...you have guessed - Tail Gate mounted wheel !!!
Fiat India recalled all Avventuras for adjusting the Tail gate system as per an internal initiative to perfect this "sore" system.
I had to take twice my Avventura to the service centre as the only Avventura expert at FASS, struggled to adjust and make it fool proof.
First time adjustment created horrible rattling sound from the tail gate mounted wheel.
Second time adjustment jammed the tail gate totally that i could not open it and had to take my car to FASS. It had to manually opened from removing the rear seat and another adjustment had to be done. Tail gate mounted wheel may become the Achilles Heel for Avventura !!

Fiat India has already started offering discounts on Avventura for all customers now. You get Free Insurance and 10k cash discount = almost 25k of discount
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-avv-tail-gate.jpg  

hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 23:12   #48
BHPian

Jammed Tailgate seems to be a problem thats happening in the italian beauty. i have see two vehicles with same issues in the FASS at Thane.
Old 21st January 2015, 11:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

A but late but many many congratulations on the car , it's a looker for sure and i hope you have a great ownership experience not withstanding the tail gate problem right now.
Old 21st January 2015, 18:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Today I received a call from Fiat India expressing their regret on inconvenience caused because of Tail Gate issues. It has been assured that all 2014 produced Avventuras will be rectified of this problem by February 2015 as a thorough resolution is being shaped up by Fiat India.
It looked a promising statement from Fiat India, but time will tell the end result. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 8th May 2015, 00:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Today Fiat India asked me to inaugurate their Summer Camp for Punto,Linea and Avventura line of vehicles.
Free Check up included:
- AC disinfectant treatment
- External Wash (they gave me an interior vacuuming too !!!)
- Discount on some spare parts and labor.
- Oils, Coolant level check up.

Honestly, it did not make much difference to my Avventura

My 6months (1st service) is due in June and Im slated to do a 2000km drive from mid may covering 3 states - Telangana,Maharashtra and Karnataka in 7 days.
Till now, my Avventura has been running faultless and error less. 2000km drive will be an good test for many parameters
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-1.jpg  

hillram is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 18:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Come Summer it was time to stretch my Avventura for a long drive as part of family vacation. This time it was really long drive over 6 days.
Leg 1 : Hyderabad > Humnabad > Sholapur > Satara > Mahabaleswar.
Leg 2 : Mahabaleshwar > Panchghani > Wai > Pune > Lavasa City > Pune > Wai > Panchghani > Mahabaleshwar.
Leg 3 : Mahabaleshwar > Khede > Dapoli > Karde.
Leg 4 : Karde > Dapoli > Khed > Chiplun > Karad > Sholapur > Humnabad > Hyderabad.
Total Distance Covered in 6 days : 2200 km.

Here are the Highlights and Lowlights of the entire trip with some lovely scenic photographs :
Highlights :
  • 2200km was covered effortlessly in 6 days with myself being sole driver, with no fatigue.
  • Avventura is truly an All Terrain Vehicle. It took the steep Western Ghats very easily and the turning / maneuverability at the hair pin bends and curvaceous roads in the mountains was simply amazing. There was no loss of power while climbing steep Western Ghats.
  • Flat road took a maximum speed of 140km (as i set the speed warning to 120). with family around i didnt want to take risks.
  • All Terrain Gauges - Tiltmeter and Inclinometer were dancing like dolls, showing the degrees of variance.
  • AC was bone chill and made the drive even more comfortable.
  • Cabin space for 2 Adults and 1 Child (8 Yrs) was ample and comfortable and also let us pack huge boxes of Strawberries and Alphonso Mangoes.
  • FE was a brilliant 23 kmpl with 90% AC
Lowhlights :
  • Needless to say..Boot got jammed in many places, caused embarrassment and blocked road twice. This stuck like a sore thumb and sometimes i had to access the boot by collapsing the rear seat. Upon return, i took it up very seriously with Fiat India and the root cause analysis (RCA) turned out to be a defective lock on the rear tail gate with caused the jamming. Fiat India is due to replace this part.
A brilliant holiday spent with Avventura in Maharashtra (spiritual home of Fiat).

A brilliant view of Sahayadri Mountains from Elephinstone Point in Mahabaleshwar
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-2.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-2a.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-3.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-4.jpg
Enroute to Lavasa City
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-5.jpg
Crossing Dasve Dam in Lavasa City
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-5a.jpg
Ripping through Katraj Tunnel
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-6.jpg
Exiting Katraj Tunnel
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-8.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-9.jpg
Entering Karde Beach...one of the most virign beaches i ever saw
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-10.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-11.jpg
Mighty Sea of Avventura
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-12.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-13.jpg
Panoramic view of Karde Beach
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-14.jpg

Last edited by hillram : 28th May 2015 at 18:34.
hillram is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 20:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

1st Service : 5000km / 6 Months
It was time for 1st Servicing of my Avventure. Well i had my own apprehensions, how this would happen.
I got a prompt call from Fiat CRM informing me a date to bring in my Avventura for its 1st Servicing at 3063 km on the Odometer.
This servicing covered the below aspects:
  • Check and Top up fluid levels(Engine oil & Coolant, Brake Fluid , Screen washjer , Battery and Power steering oil)
  • Check and adjust Wheel Alignment
  • Water Wash
Apart from this, there were many check points for Brakes,AC Functioning,Engine tuning etc, which i didnt bother much.
My only complaint was the "sore in the thumb", which was intricate boot which was rattling and jamming.
I was assured by the service manager that my Avventura was replaced with new lock system, which was causing all the problems as well as some new rubber bushes were installed in the tail gate to arrest all the rattling sound.
I took a test drive for about 50km on the Outer Ring Road with Service Manager and 1 mechanic and basically swinged and rolled the car in every angle. Everything was perfect..10/10.
I returned to the Service centre to await my bill :
- Engine oil Top up (75ml) : 52.40 (not charged)
- Lock for Boot : 234.93 (not charged under Warranty)
- Wheel Alignment : 474.29 (not charged under 1st Servicing)
- Labour Cost : 0.00

While I was settling my "zero" bill, My Avventura was give a last rub of shine with Wurth wax and it was gleaming like a knight in shining armor.
Total Cost of 1st Servcing : Rs 0.00...Should i be simling
Butta Automotive had done a splendid job !!!

My Avventura shining and gleaming
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-2.jpg
New lock replaced for the Boot
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-3.jpg
At 3000 + Km
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-4.jpg
Yours truly all geared up to drive off !!!
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-5.jpg

Last edited by hillram : 19th June 2015 at 20:39.
hillram is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:47   #54
BHPian

Hi, can you please share whats the Speed / RPM figures?
At 100, 120 and 140. I want to know if the top end of Avventura feels strained.
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, can you please share whats the Speed / RPM figures?
At 100, 120 and 140. I want to know if the top end of Avventura feels strained.
Sorry I dont risk high speeds on my Avventura, or to that matter in, any of my cars. I enjoy a safe drive in controllable speeds.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:16   #56
BHPian

Hi, I am sure you drive safely, but say on an expressway with not a soul around, if you ever reach those speeds please observe the RPM and share the readings. Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 20:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, I am sure you drive safely, but say on an expressway with not a soul around, if you ever reach those speeds please observe the RPM and share the readings. Thanks
As this forum advocates safe driving standards, I will PM you your queries soon.
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Avventura stands tall among my 7 Fiats, but not bigger than the legacy of Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-picture-007.jpg  

hillram is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:12   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Fiat Avventura stands tall among my 7 Fiats, but not bigger than the legacy of Fiat.
Wow thats cool! You really are one heck of a Fiat fan and I am amazed you've managed to hang on to so many generations of Fiats!
You should post this on FB and take some brownies for your Fiat collection from some global Fiat forum for sure!
Really commendable indeed!
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
All I can say is 'Just Wow!' Now, that's called passion. I'm sure your Italian collection is the cynosure of all eyes wherever you take them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks