Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 19:33   #16
BHPian

Re: My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS

Dear premjit,

Many congrats for your lovely car. Any reason why the VW Polo was not considered? Ofcourse there are many reason not to buy a VW but at least it is worth noting in the shopping list.
Old 8th January 2015, 21:10   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the brand new acquisition !!!

Its been ages since we had someone write a review on the Swift from Kol. Excellent choice to change the shoes to Michelin. Wish you many happy miles with the Red "Blazer".
Old 8th January 2015, 23:57   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your beautiful red Swift!

You can never go wrong with a Maruti Suzuki Swift in India! It's definitely a complete car with a good engine, great looks, and Maruti's reliability and A. S. S.

Great review!! Wish you millions of happy miles ahead!!
Old 9th January 2015, 12:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_rohit View Post
Congratulations on your beautiful red Swift!

You can never go wrong with a Maruti Suzuki Swift in India! It's definitely a complete car with a good engine, great looks, and Maruti's reliability and A. S. S.

Great review!! Wish you millions of happy miles ahead!!
Thanks a ton...!! I agree with you on all of the above points. In fact the car gets better with every generation. The essential goal of the review was to showcase that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
Congratulations on the brand new acquisition !!!

Its been ages since we had someone write a review on the Swift from Kol. Excellent choice to change the shoes to Michelin. Wish you many happy miles with the Red "Blazer".
Thank you. Yes, it seems that Swift reviews are few and far between these days. The tire change was always on the plan. Feels much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_p8 View Post
Dear premjit,

Many congrats for your lovely car. Any reason why the VW Polo was not considered? Ofcourse there are many reason not to buy a VW but at least it is worth noting in the shopping list.
Hi Spyder, The Polo was considered but I didn't go ahead with it because I believe that the service in Kolkata isn't that great. My cousin has a Polo 1.2 Highline and the service he has gotten from the dealer has been iffy at times.
Old 9th January 2015, 13:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post

Hi Spyder, The Polo was considered but I didn't go ahead with it because I believe that the service in Kolkata isn't that great. My cousin has a Polo 1.2 Highline and the service he has gotten from the dealer has been iffy at times.

We have a POLO 1.2 TDI at Kolkata. It does compulsory duties plying to Durgapur at least twice a month. The service has been good and the car has clocked 90K. See a mention here(note - this feedback is about a Pune dealer)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3611533

I think it ages well compared to the swift. Though i find the engine too noisy.
Old 10th January 2015, 18:13   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new Swift. I love the choice of color.
Shortlisting cars from BMW 3 series to Maruti Ritz? Now that's the way to shop for cars sir!
Did the NCAP crash results for the Swift make you hesitate at any point during your purchase? Swift is too hard a car to resist, safety notwithstanding. I thoroughly understand.
Old 10th January 2015, 19:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess I had put this down in one of the threads - when I was thinking about an upgrade for my first gen Swift (within a tight budget), all I had is the new Swift (my preferences struck out a lot of "sportier hatchbacks"; also the price hikes over 5 years meant I still just can afford another hatchback even with the extended budget) and that was such a H-U-G-E let down!

If I really want something to be replaced in the new Swift (even in the old Swift and most of the Maruti products for that matter), it is that C-H-E-A-P power window buttons!!

The other reasons which fared against the Swift was
  • Even lighter steering (than first gen). I prefer a moderately heavy steering and first gen Swift was perfect for my need
  • No turbo thrust!
  • Boot space!
  • Rear Space
  • Thinner windows allowing lot of noise (I could NOT stand even the first gen Swift doing 100+ kmph without high volume music)
What I loved is the new suspension tuning! Basically I felt, rather than spending much more on the new Swift, I would be happier with the old Swift and will still save money which I can use for a proper upgrade couple of years down the line.

Anyway, Congrats on the new car. I am sure this would serve you for years to come. Between, is there a Fiesta 1.6S thread of yours?!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2015 at 19:51.
Old 11th January 2015, 17:47   #23
BHPian

Congrats Premjit on the lovely new ride. Swift is truly a made for India car and suits our Kolkata driving conditions very nicely. Hope you have many happy miles.
Old 12th January 2015, 13:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post

Did the NCAP crash results for the Swift make you hesitate at any point during your purchase? Swift is too hard a car to resist, safety notwithstanding. I thoroughly understand.
Hi, I was aware of the NCAP results and hence the objective always was to buy a Z variant. That is why i even considered the Ritz. But owing to delays in delivery, I could not postpone my purchase decision to accommodate the longer waiting period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Anyway, Congrats on the new car. I am sure this would serve you for years to come. Between, is there a Fiesta 1.6S thread of yours?!
Hi, here is the link to the Fiesta thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-1-6-s-6.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
Congrats Premjit on the lovely new ride. Swift is truly a made for India car and suits our Kolkata driving conditions very nicely. Hope you have many happy miles.
Thanks aak91. I agree with you that the car is a breeze to drive within the city. The light clutch also helps as does the steering.
premjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 00:32   #25
BHPian

Yes the clutch is very light. Helps a lot in B2B traffic conditions. The only drawback is the small boot space. Was not at all satisfied with the tiny boot 😒
Old 18th March 2015, 15:53   #26
BHPian

Have you seen the Zxi or the ZDi variant? Is it really worth paying the extra amount for those features provided? Congrats on the purchase, the fire red color looks fabulous on the new swift, especially when its exposed to good lighting conditions. It looks really hot. The DRL is available in euro spec variants of the new swift, right..? Is there any chance for us to get that through maruti dealerships?
Old 30th March 2015, 17:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic.dwarf View Post
Have you seen the Zxi or the ZDi variant? Is it really worth paying the extra amount for those features provided? Congrats on the purchase, the fire red color looks fabulous on the new swift, especially when its exposed to good lighting conditions. It looks really hot. The DRL is available in euro spec variants of the new swift, right..? Is there any chance for us to get that through maruti dealerships?
Hi, sorry for the delayed Reply. Well, I think the Z variants of the car have a lot to offer, notable among them being the ACC, Airbags, Sterring mounted control, extra tweeters, push button start stop etc. So, theres a lot of bang for the buck for the price you pay over and above the VDI ABS variant. Personally, I was keen, but just could not wait for the time the dealer said I would have to.

Regarding the DRL, I did see some adverts in some auto magazines about some dealers that were stocking the DRL as per the Euro Spec Swift. If you PM me, I can share the names.
premjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 22:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Hi, sorry for the delayed Reply. Well, I think the Z variants of the car have a lot to offer, notable among them being the ACC, Airbags, Sterring mounted control, extra tweeters, push button start stop etc. So, theres a lot of bang for the buck for the price you pay over and above the VDI ABS variant. Personally, I was keen, but just could not wait for the time the dealer said I would have to.

Regarding the DRL, I did see some adverts in some auto magazines about some dealers that were stocking the DRL as per the Euro Spec Swift. If you PM me, I can share the names.
Thank you premjit. I have finally decided on the Zxi variant. Will be taking delivery around 15th of next month. Just like you I am also going for the red color. Have you done anything to protect the color? I stay in a very hot place and people are advising me to move away from the color saying that it fill fade away soon. Is that the case?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks