Team-BHP - My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/159271-my-red-blazer-maruti-swift-vdi-abs.html)

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-tbhp-keys.jpeg

"Thank God !! Its done...."
"Finally, you've gotten a car..."
"Ah Great...No you can get around to doing some real work..."
"If only you did this much research in your PG days, you'd end up having a Ferrari rather than a Swift..."

In any Bhpians life, these are the standard statements uttered by family members i.e. Mom/ Wife/ Significant other once the actual task of taking delivery of a car is over. Each of us spends inordinate amounts of time analyzing different parameters of vehicles which are fairly ordinary to the non carophiles. All with the objective of ensuring that we get the best performing, best handling, most responsive, luxurious vehicle within our budget. The entire "process" of buying a car is almost a ritual for most of us and with good reason too to the extent that we spend more time choosing cars than choosing wives.

My story deals with a simple car, India's de facto national premium hatch i.e. the Suzuki Swift and how I came to be associated with it for the second time in my life. YES, This is my second Swift and I bought it almost 9 years after buying the 1st generation Swift way back in Aug 2005. In this thread, I will talk about how I came to choose the Swift AGAIN and why I chose it.

The Prelude: We've been a two car family with a Hatch (The UVA being used by the Missus) and the Fiesta (My aquarius blue 1.6S) being used by me. This arrangement had been suiting us pretty well since marriage (5 Years and counting) until mid 2014 when the UVA crossed 6 years. Minor niggles in the vehicle had given way to major issues like rusting, exhaust and clutch issues. While most of these could be sorted out, the fact that wifey was travelling almost 75-80 kms a day on Petrol was bearing heavily on us. Though fuel prices had begun to soften, we were thinking that the next car would be a Diesel and it would be a hatch. But then, the mind is a wandering one isn't it...

The Contenders

Now, this is where it gets real funny. Premjit the Bhpian is not a stable guy the moment he is in car buy mode:uncontrol. Even though the budget is limited, he thinks no car is beyond his reach and hence the contenders in order of price are as follows:

1. BMW 320 D Sportline
2. Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2
3. Renault Duster 85 RXL
4. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VDI
5. Hyundai Elite i20 Asta diesel
6. Hyundai Grand i10 Asta diesel
7. Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZDI
8. Renault Pulse RXZ Diesel

Hold on, where's mention of the Swift. Well, sadly the vehicle was never part of the initial list. Reason being, we already had used a Swift for 5 years and did not want to go in for another.

BMW 320 D Sportline: Some of the contenders were just like a casual fling i.e. a test drive and a decision like the Beemer. While the car was fantastic, the maximum I could stretch to was 25 lacs and there was no way I could take such a huge loan on the vehicle. Same for the Safari, which was excellent but then again didnt fit the bill because it was to be used primarily in the city and would be driven by the Missus.

Duster 85 RXL Option pack: The car we really came close to booking was the Duster 85 and the multiple test drives I took of the vehicle convinced me that this was a very capable car. The car was very drivable in the city and could hold its own on the open roads too. What did irk me was the quality of the interiors and I do hope that some of the spy shots of upgraded dusters come true for the sake of future owners (Me included). Paying in excess of a Million Rupees for a vehicle which has shoddy interiors just doesn't cut ice with me.

Hyundai Elite i20 Asta: The Hyundai family was given a close look as well, with us preferring the Elite i20 in Asta guise over the Grand i10 which seemed to be a bit lost pretending to everything. Recently, two bhpians, predatorwheelz and toiing have both gone in for the elite i20 and I was really keen to go for the car as well. However, the Dealer I visited ie. Mohan Motors really handled my case very poorly. I was made to wait almost a week for a TD and the TD vehicle that was brought to me was pretty banged up. Neither were they offering a good buy back on my old UVA. Despite telling the dealer that I had the DP amount ready, they did not get back to me with a quote. Upon calling the dealer manager, I was informed that most of the sales consultants were busy selling the car and that a little delay (1 week) was expected. Despite the i20 being extremely competent, I decided to give it a pass since I was pretty sure the dealer would keep me hanging once he had my booking cheque. It's also possible I went to the wrong dealer and I should have gone to an established dealer like Mukesh rather than a new dealer like Mohan.

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VDI: The Maruti family was always on the radar. We were convinced that their series of diesels were still at par with the best even though some of the models have gotten a little familiar looking. The Ertiga was the first car we tested and were impressed. It was large and roomy, had a punchy engine and was easy to punt around in the city as well. Considering that we had just welcomed a new member, it was a good vehicle to carry some bags and a pram.

However, the family look argument had a role to play and we thought that an Ertiga was just an extended Ritz. The people mover tag as well as the colour options further convinced the missus that she would need to give it a pass.

Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zdi: We also took at the look at the Ritz Zdi and were inspired by n_aditya's detailed ownership review. Added to that were the fantastic Nov- Dec offers on the car which almost promised a discount of Rs 85000 including consumer offer, exchange bonus and corporate discount. The Ritz Zdi was fully loaded with Airbags, ABS, Rear wash wipe and steering mounted controls. We were so convinced that we put in the booking amount for a Breeze Blue Zdi. Chats over messenger with n_aditya further reinforced my belief that this was the car to go for.

The Problems: The car was supposed to be delivered by the dealer (M/s Premier Car World) in 21 days but that time passed by in a flash. Even though we had put in the booking amount of Nov 5th and were promised delivery by first week of December, the day came and went and there was no sign of the car. Speaking to Abhishek, the owner of the dealership, I realized that Maruti was delaying the Zdi variants (This was confirmed by other Kolkata Tbhp members as well). I was walking inside the showroom contemplating what to do WHEN...

The Final Decision
Maruti Swift VDI: More than the Swift, it was the color, Firebrick Red which first appealed to me. Standing there in the showroom, with its pulled back headlights and squat sporting stance (Even though it was riding on 165 profile tires), the car instantly struck a cord. Till such time, I had never even considered getting inside one. Opened the door and sat inside...and it felt like the Swift has really evolved from its 2005 avatar. Well textured dash materials, chrome inside door openers and silver sash running across the dashboard made the car look very premium. I've always been a sucker for all black interiors and sitting inside the Swift, I felt very special.

Thankfully, the Missus was around and we immediately decided to transfer our booking to the new Swift VDI. Being December, we were able to get nice discounts (25000 consumer offer, 15000 exchange bonus, 2500 corp discount and 5000 dealer discount) even though it was the Refresh model that had been launched Sep- October. Some of the features that stood out for us in the Refresh model are as follows:

1. ABS now comes standard on the VDI
2. Electric adjust and retractable mirrors are standard
3. In Dash integrated ICE with four speakers
4. Keyless entry
5. Awesome new Purple and Red colors make the car sporty
6. The steering is now adjustable for rake

Coming to the looks department, the most hideous feature is where they have tried to use a silver strip to mimic a fake DRL. It is absolutely pathetic and someone really needs to answer for this faux pas.

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-swift-front-left-qr.jpeg

Car Pricing, Insurance and Loan documentation
The final pricing for the car was as follows:

Ex Showroom Rs 652064
Tax + Regn Rs 36896
Handling Rs 5850 (Logistics charges included)
Insurance Rs 15881 (Bajaj Allianz 0 Dep)

Total Rs 711231

Less:

Consumer disc Rs 25000
Exchange Disc Rs 15000
Corp Disc Rs 2500
Dealer Disc Rs 5000

Total Disc Rs 47500

Final OTR Rs 663731

PS: There was an additional dealer discount. However, this was owing to my friendship with the dealer and may not be available to all. This figure is not being quoted above.

Insurance was initially offered at 16000 for standard insurance. The zero depreciation package was estimated at around 22000. I decided to take an online quote at HDFC Ergo and also took quotes from www.policybazar.com and came to the conclusion that I was being charged around 5000 extra. Upon confronting the sales folks with this information, they offered me the zero depreciation package at a price which was marginally higher than the online rate.

Loan I had a pre approved loan from HDFC, but decided to go with SBI because of no prepayment penalty and better interest rate being offered. Also, previous relationship with SBI was great and we decided to take a try with a PSU bank rather than HDFC which is anyways great. The folks at SBI were super prompt and approved the loan within a day. They were gracious enough to visit the home for the formalities and the documentation. Overall loan amount was around Rs 3 lacs since I am pretty finicky about a max loan: equity split of 50: 50 for all car loans

The Delivery Process
Booking was transferred to the Swift on the 18th of December and we were promised delivery on the 25th. By far, this would be the best xmas present we ever got. I completed the PDI on 23rd (No, I didn't take the checklist cos Its already imprinted in my mind) and came away with the view that a comprehensive PDI is absolutely a must.

The PDI: The car I was allotted had some hairline scratches and even had a wheel cover that was broken. Upon further investigation, I realised that not only was the wheel cover broken, the rim was slightly scratched too. I insisted on getting the rim and tire opened and inspected for further damage. While the tire was fine, I did ask for the rim as well as the wheelcap to be immediately changed. Thanks to the ruckus I created, the dealer offered some freebies like the essential kit consisting of full mats, perfume, mud guards, door rub strip and steering cover free.

While the objective was not to get freebies, it is important to do a thorough investigation and highlight issues even for new, best sellers. Decoding the VIN is also a must because its better to be safe before putting in the money.

Delivery Day: We arrived at the dealers on 25th December, all excited at seeing the Red Blaze being prepped for delivery. At the last moment we decided to also add in the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty for more peace of mind since this was my first diesel after the Indica in 2000. After a quick inspection, was handed over the mandatory photo, keys and a Cake alongwith a 2 litre diesel voucher (I always thought it would be 5 litres at least). The ODO reading showed 107 kms and I thought that is pretty appropriate considering some driving to get the car to the showroom and the workshop etc.

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-swift-delivery-day.jpeg

It was a quick drive back home at moderate speeds before the evening drive to the Mandir followed by a nice Chinese dinner.

Post Delivery Experience

Enhancements/ Mods/ Additions

1. Michelin Energy XM2 tires in 185/70/14 size already fitted
2. RTO Approved sunfilm planned
3. 3D mats planned
4. 14 inch alloys planned

Overall Design

I have always been a fan of the way the Swift looked. Its aggressive squat stance with blacked out A and B pillars makes the car look larger than it is and boy does it look SPORTY.

What I've liked is the treatment they have given to the lights, both front and back. The designers have been peeling back both the headlamps as well as the tail lamps and the effect just keeps getting better and better.

Moving the turn signals into the side view mirrors has also been a good move over the earlier versions.

While some fellow bhpians such as predatorwheelz have mentioned that the design is looking a bit old when compared to especially the Elite I20 with its cuts and creases, the Swift can still hold its head up high in a crowded parking lot full of Swifts though it can't hold a candle to the design of the Hyundai :I Rule:

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-front-view.jpg

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-front-left-quarter.jpg

The Rear View (Note that ABS is now standard on the VDI)
My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-rear-view.jpg

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-left-rear-quarter.jpg

Tires/ Braking

The first thing I planned was to change the scrawny 165 section tires and replace them with a better profile. The MRF ZV2K tires were way to fidgety at high speeds and I realised the car skittered even at moderate turning speeds.

At the same time, I didn't want the ride to be compromised too much and hence couldn't go in for performance summer tires. My mandate was to get a set of comfortable tires, which would be less noisy and also possibly give me some sort of FE upside. At the same time, ride and handling should also improve slightly.

The tires I shortlisted were:

1. Michelin Energy XM2
2. Michelin Energy XM1+
3. Hankook Optimo ME 04
4. Yokohama A Drive
5. Continental Eco Contact

After a thorough analysis, Bhpian Sayantan suggested to go in for the Michelin cousins since they seemed to have had the balance between all my diverse requirements. I decided to put in my money for the Energy XM 2 since it is a newer tire albeit with reports that it is far more prone to noise than the older XM1+. I am not sure whether Michelin has started manufacturing these tires in India, but mine all Showed "Made in Thailand". I settled for a 33/ 30 pressure split on FF:RR basis with the hope that the increased weight upfront would be better compensated.

Our old favourite Indo Radial Club gave me Rs 2550 each for the ZV2K and I was able to install a new set of 4 XM2's for a net payment of Rs 9000. Minku Bhaiya at Indo Radial Club is an excellent sales person and does not hesitate to go the extra mile to delight Bhpians. I also bought a Sonax Tire Shiner (Foam) for 600 bucks.

The gap between the tires and the body is huge. Why cant 15 inchers be made compulsory??
My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-tire-front.jpg

No cladding on the inside. C'mon Maruti !!
My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-tire-rear.jpg

Post fitting of the new tires, I have immediately noticed that the drive is much more quiet and the car is much more comfortable while being driven on bad to poor road surfaces. I am glad to report that there is no skittering around a corner unlike the ZV2K and the car now takes corners rather well. The handling has greatly improved too though this isn't a tire you can push to the limit at turns unlike its PP Brothers.

The Braking which was pathetic earlier has improved slightly and I did notice the stopping is far more confidence inspiring than earlier. However, pedal feel and limit braking at not to my liking at all. Views of other Swift owners in this regard will be welcomed.

Handling/ Ride/ Steering

Having originally driven the 1st Gen Petrol Swift for 5 years, I was expecting good or as good handling as the old car in the new Swift. However, the weight of the Diesel engine upfront as well as the manufacturers focus on softening the car into a family hatchback have dented the handling a bit. My earlier Swift almost had a corner on rails mentality but the new one needs to be prodded and massaged with care despite having thicker tires. The car is still very fun to drive, make no mistake about it.

The upside of slightly managed handling is the better ride quality. I remember the old Swift being not so comfy while being driven around town, but the new one is much better. The car doesnt crash around too much and the city drive over bad roads is much better now.

Regarding the steering, I have never been a fan of the EPS on the Maruti vehicles. This thought was more reinforced after continuing to drive the Hydraulically assisted Fiesta 1.6S for the last 5 years or so. There is very less feedback but at least its much better than the one on the Hyundai cousins.

Interiors

One area which has left me impressed are the interiors of the new Swift. With every iteration, Maruti has taken incremental steps to improve the interiors and the new Swift is another step in that direction. I like the all black interiors which age very well compared to the beige ones on the Dzire family. The multi textured dashboard has a silver painted slash running across the passenger side door and the dash and I really liked the quality feel it exudes.

The central waterfall cluster is also well designed with a single cup holder, a small shelf, easy to reach AC controls and the Piano black finish ICE. Even though the ICE unit is a finger print magnet, it matches very well with the entire interior scheme. I also liked the chrome inside door handles which are proper chrome and not silver paint like my Fiesta.

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-swift-interior-dash-1.jpeg

The steering wheel is much better than before, is meaty and provides very good feel in the tactile department. However, Maruti has cut corners and the silver painted inserts dont look par for the course. Maybe thick black padding would have been better.

Coming from the interior ambience of the Fiesta which is pretty Sporty, I found the Swift to be very sporty as well. I am a sucker for Orange lighting inside and the way the meters and the display light up in orange is really cool at night. There is also the option to dim the light intensity of the instrument cluster, which makes it easy to adjust the light as per one's choice.

My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-interior-night-shot.jpg

The MID is pretty useful and apart from having the temperature display, it is able to display the Distance to empty, Average mileage, current mileage as well as providing 2 trip displays.

Engine

The 1.3 DDiS is an absolute beauty to drive. Even though they have slightly detuned the engine in the interest of better FE in this avatar, the engine is still immensely tractable and is very easy to punt around within the city. The torquey nature ensures that my left foot gets plenty of rest and even when I need to shift, the clutch action is super light and the short throw gearbox is responsive and snaps into place.

The bonnet is heavy (Note the sound deadening material)
My Red Blazer Maruti Swift VDI with ABS-swift-engine-bay.jpeg

What I do wish is the kick of the turbo, which was something that was more pronounced in the earlier versions of the Swift, especially the first generation of the diesel powerplant. In this version, the boost builds much more gradually and doesn't overpower the driver unlike earlier. Clearly getting more and more sophisticated is the Swift.

Start the car cold in the morning and there is a slight vibration while the engine starts up. Almost immediately, this is followed by a slight clatter after which the engine settles into its light hum. They have used sound deadening on the inside of the bonnet as well as at critical areas to ensure that NVH levels are pretty in control.

At city driving speeds, the engine is humming away and at times once is hard pressed to make out what kind of engine is running the show.

Fuel Efficiency

As of 10 days of ownership, I've covered closed to 1000 kms and the car is already due for its first service. Currently, I am on my second tank of normal diesel (Additives are something that don't appeal to me) and the average FE figures are as follows.

Total Kms run: 982 kms
highway run: 270 kms
City Run: 712 kms

Highway FE: 18.5 kmpl
City FE: 17.5 kmpl

MID Average: 17.9 kmpl

Overall 1 week experience

On an overall basis, I feel that Maruti has done an excellent job with the new avatar of the Swift. While it is indeed getting long in the tooth, the overall VFM proposition for someone looking for a premium or slightly premium (compared to the Elite i20) is pretty much unbeatable. The fabulous engine, snappy gearshift and well designed interiors all add to the experience of re-discovering what is the Hatch that set the trend way back in 2005.

Regards
Premjit

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on your new car, Premji. Wishing you many happy and safe miles and years on this one.

Thank you for acknowledging me in your ownership thread. I'm happy that my ownership thread helped you in some way.

I'm glad you opted for better/wider tires and the Michelin's do their job well. I had the XM1 in my previous car, the Esteem and the tires were fantastic on dry tarmac but were prone to skid in the wet (no abs you see).

Do take the car to a 3M outlet and get those PPF's installed on impact areas. I have them on my car and they have saved the bumper from scrapes and scratches (thanks to bikers who squeeze between vehicles at the stop lights).

Also good to read that you opted for extended warranty. I took the 2 year extended warranty for my car and guess what? My Ritz will be 2 years next month (end Feb) and sadly on the morning of New Year's the airbag warning light lit up. Diagnosis turned out to be the SDM unit which had failed (more details in my ownership thread). Manufacturer warranty saved me the part cost of around 5k but thanks to the extended warranty I took back then, i have more peace of mind now.

One tip I would share (if you don't mind) is that after driving at triple digits, let the engine idle for a couple of mins (2-3 mins at least) before turning off the engine. This will allow the turbo to cool down and increase the life of the turbo and other related components. Same goes with driving on a cold engine. Let the engine idle for a few mins and then start driving. Potter around for a km and then you can unleash the horses.

You might know this already but just thought of sharing :)

My colleague is also in the market for a car and swift in particular but the ZDi model. Prices increased by around 30k today (duty cuts removed) so the OTR cost of the Swift ZDi in Blore is just a few bucks shy of 9L. :Shockked:

For this price, I feel Maruti should provide steering mounted audio controls, driver seat height adjust and the rear defogger with wiper. The last one is a blessing while driving in monsoons.

All the best. Drive safe.

Congratulations premjit on your new shining red beauty. Good choice.

The honorable Supreme Court of India has banned the usage of any kind of films on car glass. Therefore i doubt there is anything now which can classify as RTO approved sunfilm. And police is very prompt in issuing challan for films these days.

Happy Swifting !

Quote:

Originally Posted by premjit (Post 3616453)

The Contenders

1. BMW 320 D Sportline

The Final Decision
Maruti Swift VDI:

Budget does not seem to be that big an issue, so why did you not go in for swift ZDi?
You would have got Automatic Climate Control + All the features you liked in Ritz ZDi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ank.nsit (Post 3619103)
Budget does not seem to be that big an issue, so why did you not go in for swift ZDi?
You would have got Automatic Climate Control + All the features you liked in Ritz ZDi.

Good point, but budget was an issue. Td'ing a car and putting money down for it are poles apart. Also, I needed stock which was readily available and to this ZDI would have only come to me in January. That was a no go for me.

Hi premjit,

Many congratulations on the Swift vdi!
It was your personal decision to go for the vdi hence will not repeat the obvious question!
Anyways, you happened to mentioned that the DDiS is retuned a bit for FE matters & the car is growing more mature & family suited hatch now.
Is the difference easily noticeable?
And for the dummy LED strips should have not been included, not helpful for the looks.
I also got to know that you can get the LED strips on the Z variants as an accessory, true?

Congratulations Premjit on your new swift. I had myself decided on buying a diesel swift the last time I was in the market for an upgrade. Then found a diesel Fiesta in the classifieds with hardly any miles on the odo and changed my mind. Would like to know your thoughts regarding the handling of the Swift when compared to the Fiesta (which I think is the best handling car under 15 lacs) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedmunster (Post 3619116)
Congratulations Premjit on your new swift. I had myself decided on buying a diesel swift the last time I was in the market for an upgrade. Then found a diesel Fiesta in the classifieds with hardly any miles on the odo and changed my mind. Would like to know your thoughts regarding the handling of the Swift when compared to the Fiesta (which I think is the best handling car under 15 lacs) ?

Hi, Thanks for the good wishes. I am lucky to have the Fiesta 1.6 Petrol in S guise and hence the handling of that particular variant is noticeably better than that on the Swift Vdi. Having said that, the 1.6S does have revised suspension settings compared to the Other fiesta variants and hence the comparison might not hold good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyKing_775 (Post 3619113)
Hi premjit,

Many congratulations on the Swift vdi!
It was your personal decision to go for the vdi hence will not repeat the obvious question!
Anyways, you happened to mentioned that the DDiS is retuned a bit for FE matters & the car is growing more mature & family suited hatch now.
Is the difference easily noticeable?
And for the dummy LED strips should have not been included, not helpful for the looks.
I also got to know that you can get the LED strips on the Z variants as an accessory, true?

Hi, Thanks for the wishes. I've driven 3 generations of the Swift and the car does seem to have become a bit softer over the years. The plus of that is better refinement which is always a good thing.

I haven't heard of these LED Strips being available as an accessory on the Z variant. Even checked with MGA and they didn't have any information. What I do feel is that the silver strips are removable and some aftermarket products can be retrofitted.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote feature to reply to multiple posts instead of submitting back to back posts. See this for detailed steps on how to multi-quote.

Hi Premjit,

First of all congrats for your new car and excellent choice of color. The car looks a stunner in red.

Saw a new Swift VDi on my way to office today and noticed 2 new things on the car - ABS badge and new wheel cap design (one's similar to the alloy wheel design on the ZDi). Love the alloy wheel design on the ZDi. They made a pretty good move by making ABS standard on the VDi variant and putting in the ICE. The ICE surely looks better than the after market versions. clap:Always felt that the VDi variant was a bit stripped off as compared to the competition and the ZDi a bit overpriced. But that's not the issue anymore. Kudos Maruti.

Also, as per other team-bhpians reviews, the brakes in LDi and VDi variants were pathetic :Frustrati as compared to the ZDi. The improvement you feel in braking might be due to the addition of ABS. Can you confirm if the improvement is during panic braking only?

Wishing you many happy miles in your newest possession.

The swift looks great in this red. Do post updates as you go along and good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 3619047)
OTR cost of the Swift ZDi in Blore is just a few bucks shy of 9L.

For this price, I feel Maruti should provide steering mounted audio controls, driver seat height adjust and the rear defogger with wiper.

I thought the Zdi came with all of those in addition to the start/stop system?

I suppose this is the first report of the facelifted Swift on the forums? Many congrats! Drive safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isiv (Post 3619219)
I thought the Zdi came with all of those in addition to the start/stop system?

I suppose Aditya was referring to the VDI (premjit's car) here w.r.t. those features. :)

I really think you should've waited for the ZDI. Airbags are vital. The amount of features was also quite good, as it is the Indian swift is rated 3 stars with airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 (Post 3619257)
I really think you should've waited for the ZDI. Airbags are vital. The amount of features was also quite good, as it is the Indian swift is rated 3 stars with airbags.

Thanks and I agree with you. My Fiesta has 2 airbags and I wasn't keen to get a version without them. That was the main reason behind going in for the Ritz, but sometimes the need of the hour is too great and hence had to make do with what was best available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by premjit (Post 3619282)
Thanks and I agree with you. My Fiesta has 2 airbags and I wasn't keen to get a version without them. That was the main reason behind going in for the Ritz, but sometimes the need of the hour is too great and hence had to make do with what was best available.

Yeah, same reason why I settled for my Polo that had 100km's on it without breaking a sweat :D