Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 00:42   #76

Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Bonnet not opening ? Did the issues get resolved ?
Yes. Took if for a service the very next day. They managed to pop it open immediately. I have no clue why i wasn't able to open it. The vibrating/rattling sound hasn't gone yet. I presume it's from the door pad or from the tweeter on the door. Any suggestions? Otherwise I quite enjoy the car!
Old 14th August 2015, 19:29   #77
BHPian

Hi Abhishek

I met you on the team BHP BR Hills drive a couple months ago. I was driving swift vdi for this trip. At the end of this trip when I asked your take on Ciaz , you explained very well about that car and told me for the next trip I will be driving one.

Well it so happened that I have booked Ciaz Silver VDI + and its due for delivery next week. Thank you for your review on that car. Being a hardcore customer of Maruti , I simply fell in love with the car, buy back they offered for swift and additional bonus for the fest season.

I had some questions for you. In terms of accessories , I have decided to get the seat covers , interior styling kit , steering cover done by Maruti, i.e. Mandovi Motors. And the floor mat and underchassis coating by 3M.

Could you please share your thoughts on this. Thank you Again.

Thanks
Arun

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th August 2015 at 07:28.
Old 16th August 2015, 09:23   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAART View Post
Well it so happened that I have booked Ciaz Silver VDI + and its due for delivery next week.

I had some questions for you. In terms of accessories , I have decided to get the seat covers , interior styling kit , steering cover done by Maruti, i.e. Mandovi Motors. And the floor mat and underchassis coating by 3M.
Hearty Congratulations Arun !! It was a pleasure meeting you. Glad you decided to take the plunge in the unknown territory of bigger cars from Suzuki After six months of usage, I would say, you will not regret it. The only qualm could be the peppiness which can be overcome by being a little heavy on the foot. I presume, that's the same with the D as well.

In terms of accessories, you can try the sill Guard too. It really looks good. I will PM you my number, feel free to call up.

It's been six months plus with the car and not much has changed. Thankfully. Likes continue to be the smooth ride with the soft suspension and the spacious interiors. Qualms continues to be the mirror link which I cannot use because I use a OnePlus which does not have a mirron Link and the Map which does not find half the places. Over all, still happy with the buy.

Time for the 6 months Tyre rotation, alignment and Balancing. Done at Tyre Empire, HSR Layout. No issues as such.

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20150809_152422.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20150809_154211.jpg
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 08:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty Congratulations Arun !! It was a pleasure meeting you. Glad you decided to take the plunge in the unknown territory of bigger cars from Suzuki After six months of usage, I would say, you will not regret it. The only qualm could be the peppiness which can be overcome by being a little heavy on the foot. I presume, that's the same with the D as well.

In terms of accessories, you can try the sill Guard too. It really looks good. I will PM you my number, feel free to call up.
Thank you Abhishek for your wishes. I will post the pics of my car once I get it delivered. I will consider getting the door sill guard too. Thank you for sharing your experience with Ciaz as its very assuring. Wishing you more and more happy drives.

Thanks
Arun

Last edited by ampere : 18th August 2015 at 09:06. Reason: Fixed Quote
DAART is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 07:20   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAART View Post
Thank you Abhishek for your wishes. I will post the pics of my car once I get it delivered. I will consider getting the door sill guard too. Thank you for sharing your experience with Ciaz as its very assuring. Wishing you more and more happy drives.

Thanks
Arun
How's it going Arun ? Are you getting the Hybrid one or got the Pure play diesel one ? Heard they gave decent discounts on the Diesel ones ? Hope you are enjoying the drive.
Old 13th September 2015, 12:09   #81
BHPian

Quote:
How's it going Arun ? Are you getting the Hybrid one or got the Pure play diesel one ? Heard they gave decent discounts on the Diesel ones ? Hope you are enjoying the drive.
Hi Abhishek

Sorry for delay in replying. I got the CIAZ VDI + on Aug 21st. You are right I got lot of discounts on this variant and great exchange deal on my swift. This is not hybrid as it was not yet launched when we booked the car. It has been nothing but pure pleasure driving this car. I have clocked 1800 so far and waiting for a lot more miles with this highway rockstar!!

In terms of accessories, I got the seat covers, door sillguard with illumination(as recommended by you) from MGA. Got floor mat, paint protect for door edges and mirrors and UV protection layer for the windshield from 3M car care. The UV layer has been very helpful in terms of reducing the glare from high beams on the highways during night drives.

A few pics of my highway rockstar!!
Attached Thumbnails
Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20150821_180752.jpg  

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20150821_181045.jpg  

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20150821_215436.jpg  

DAART is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 18:20   #82
BHPian

Awesome. Hearty congratulations. Color looks great. Glad you are enjoying the drive. Somehow this car forces you to behave sober. Enjoy the drive and elegance.
Old 14th September 2015, 23:09   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome. Hearty congratulations. Color looks great. Glad you are enjoying the drive. Somehow this car forces you to behave sober. Enjoy the drive and elegance.
Yes you are right on the sober drive thing. I tried some 3 digit speeds and that was comfortable too. Drive and elegance 100 % it is!! I have planned a trip to Munnar next week, hope to test some speeds as the ODO is now close to 2000
DAART is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 09:32   #84

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for all the details you've so meticulously shared in this ownership report.

Like several others on this thread, thanks to your ownership report, I am considering Ciaz ZXi+, and I have a few questions. Will be obliged if you could kindly answer them:

1. One of the observations in the official review was:
• Mediocre under-thigh support of the low rear seat. Also, limited rear headroom for 6 footers
Can you please share yours/your family's experience on this aspect? Do you think head/shoulder space and under-thigh support for three average built 5'8", are good for long journeys?

2. For a highway driving profile of 85-95 Kmph when roads are open, and a push past, say 100, to overtake only: Do you think the car's power is adequate, despite carrying five average sized passengers?

3. If annual usage is below 10K kms, what should be the frequency of a regular service? When I test drove the Honda City, the salesman told me that oil change is required once in 10K Kms or 6 months whichever is earlier, and said the estimated cost is Rs 5000. For your Ciaz, you mentioned Rs 1.3K. Perhaps you hadn't included the labor cost. With all the items in the checklist at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...checklist.html I wonder how much the per-service cost would be!

Thanks,

srideep233.
srideep233 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 12:51   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srideep233 View Post
1. One of the observations in the official review was:
• Mediocre under-thigh support of the low rear seat. Also, limited rear headroom for 6 footers
Can you please share yours/your family's experience on this aspect? Do you think head/shoulder space and under-thigh support for three average built 5'8", are good for long journeys?
I belong to the 5'8" category and so do few of my friends who travel with me. I have no complains on that. Good thing is the shoulder space for three adults in the rear seat which is adequate.

Quote:
2. For a highway driving profile of 85-95 Kmph when roads are open, and a push past, say 100, to overtake only: Do you think the car's power is adequate, despite carrying five average sized passengers?
I have not done a long trip with five average sized passengers. Although I have a feeling you might have to shift down to 4th for that sudden surge for the over take.

Quote:
3. If annual usage is below 10K kms, what should be the frequency of a regular service? When I test drove the Honda City, the salesman told me that oil change is required once in 10K Kms or 6 months whichever is earlier, and said the estimated cost is Rs 5000. For your Ciaz, you mentioned Rs 1.3K. Perhaps you hadn't included the labor cost. With all the items in the checklist at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...checklist.html I wonder how much the per-service cost would be!
Well, that's Suzuki It's indeed 1.3K per service till free service is on. 79 for Oil Filter and 1161 for Fully Synthetic Oil plus tax adding up to 1.3k. No labor charges yet as it's in the free service period.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 17:47   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Hello friends I took the delivery of my Ciaz on 28 May and loving the Car. Just one long trip to Mysore and small drives to office for couple of days.

noticed that the engine temperature is almost more than half way mark and the bonnet really heats up even after a drive of 3 or 4 Kilometers in the night. Is that normal?
Hi vinukm,

What was the problem? Can you please share with us the solution Maruti gave?

Thanks,

srideep233.
Old 28th September 2015, 18:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hi vinukm,

What was the problem? Can you please share with us the solution Maruti gave?

Thanks,

srideep233.
I had some health issue and off the steering for 3 months. Since than the car is idle in Garage as no one drives in my home except me. Will take another month before my CIAZ Sees the light on roads. Will update once I get a solution.
Old 28th September 2015, 19:45   #88

Hi vinukm,

Sorry to hear you've been ill. Thanks for taking time out to respond to my post despite that.

Wish you speedy recovery.

srideep233.
Old 1st October 2015, 13:20   #89
BHPian

Quote:
1.Mediocre under-thigh support of the low rear seat. Also, limited rear headroom for 6 footers

2. past, say 100, to overtake only: Do you think the car's power is adequate, despite carrying five average sized passengers?

3. If annual usage is below 10K kms, what should be the frequency of a regular service? When I test drove the Honda City, the salesman told me that oil change is required once in 10K Kms or 6 months whichever is earlier, and said the estimated cost is Rs 5000.
Quote:
Well, that's Suzuki It's indeed 1.3K per service till free service is on. 79 for Oil Filter and 1161 for Fully Synthetic Oil plus tax adding up to 1.3k. No labor charges yet as it's in the free service period.

1. I am 6ft, i drive with the seat fully pushed back. There is enough space for someone like me to sit behind, but it is upright sitting, not as comfortable as sitting in the front. I am sure no car can beat its space and comfort in this class. (I own the sunny too) Honda city shoulder support is good on the sides of the back seat, which buckets you in. About the head room you would not want more, seating 3 male adults on long drives will be as uncomfortable as any car (Amby days are gone).

2. Preferably I would not like to carry 5 adults in my car. I had a tough time to keep the car in the power band in one of my spirited drive with 3 people inside compared to my usual lone driving, I would say you will feel that the power is less. But again with full load on realistic sensible smooth drive I have not found the need for power maintaining linear 3 digits speeds and in return, you are paid with mileage figures of 20km/l.

3. No matter how much you use any car its preferable to take it to the service center every 6 months. Oil change in Ciaz also is only once in 10k km. for regular oil change it is 1k+, if you want to change into synthetic oil it is 3K+.

Last edited by Visaster : 1st October 2015 at 13:27.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 16:48   #90
BHPian

Quote:
It's indeed 1.3K per service till free service is on. 79 for Oil Filter and 1161 for Fully Synthetic Oil plus tax adding up to 1.3k. No labor charges yet as it's in the free service period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
for regular oil change it is 1k+, if you want to change into synthetic oil it is 3K+.
I think Visaster is right it must be 1k+ for Mineral Oil and 3K+ for Synthetic oil.

abhisheksircar, can you confirm from your last two service's invoice copy if it is Semi-Synthetic Oil or fully Synthetic Oil ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks