Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 18:06   #46
BHPian

re: Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I am feeling a lot of vibrations in the clutch, is it normal for Polo or i need to get it checked, kindly advise.
Are you feeling the vibrations when your foot is lightly placed on the clutch or when you depress it fully? If its the former then its quite common in the GT TDI.
Old 20th February 2015, 23:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Are you feeling the vibrations when your foot is lightly placed on the clutch or when you depress it fully? If its the former then its quite common in the GT TDI.
Yes, only when the clutch is lightly pressed, so i guess its a known issue ( as we use in IT industry )

Cheers
Old 21st February 2015, 08:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

My neighbor has a polo with GTI grill and the same red badge as you have and its misaligned in all axes. I asked couple of friends with the same setup and they had it crooked as well. Double check when fitting!

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-img_20150219_202845001.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 14:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
My neighbor has a polo with GTI grill and the same red badge as you have and its misaligned in all axes. I asked couple of friends with the same setup and they had it crooked as well. Double check when fitting!

Attachment 1341914
Ooppps, that's not good. Yup, i will surely do that.
But i thought once you put that badge on to those slots you have to turn rotate them to your right to allign then and also lock it in place, like this
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-img_8672.jpg
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-vwlogofront.jpg

Anyways, i will crosscheck that.

Last edited by Schoudhury : 21st February 2015 at 14:12.
Old 24th February 2015, 23:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

A few updates, got the armrest installed sometime back. Got the armrest from Ali-express for 100$ which included shipping by fedex and received the same within 8 days from the date of placing the order, whereas the same armrest is sold by vagtune for close to 10k.
I think this is a must have for GT Tsi

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-dsc_9301_002.jpg

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-dsc_9296_001.jpg

The chrome on the front grille were not to my liking so got them changed bit and this is how my GT looks from the front now.

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-tbhp_dsc_9756_001.jpg

Gloss black roof was always on the cards, so got that done. 3M was quoting 10k for the same , whereas i got it done in 1.5k.
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-tbhp_dsc_9757_002.jpg

The earlier number plates were also not going well with the car and getting those IND number plates was also not a good option anymore. So got the number plate redone in different font.

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-tbhp_dsc_9786_005.jpg

Removed the rear mud flaps, the polo the looks much better without those mud flaps. But will fit them back once monsoon starts.

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-tbhp_dsc_9770_003.jpg

Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold!-tbhp_dsc_9776_004.jpg

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 02:47   #51
BANNED

Quote:
A few updates
Sorry to enter the party late, hearty Congratulations on getting the GT, a clean looking understated performer. IMO, A superior upgrade from Ritz.

Now that's one beautiful looking Polo. Good that you didn't visit 3M for the gloss black roof.

Wish VW had given me a TD of the GT TDI and behaved politely when I went to the showroom for replacement of my Ritz. Dam VW!

All the best and happy mile clocking on the Polo. Hope to drove it soon!
Old 25th February 2015, 08:13   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Suprio on your new buy! You made your Ritz one of the good looking ones in the City and now I see you doing the the same with your Polo as well.

How do you find the ingress/egress? Especially coming from a tallboy model Ritz. And how about the underthigh support?

I still remember the Kurnool drive and those DRLs in your Ritz.

Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
Old 25th February 2015, 08:59   #53
DWC
BHPian

Nice ride! A few quick questions with regard to the armrest:

1. How easy was the install for the armrest?
2. Did you do it yourself or get it done?
3. Does it come in the way of the handbrake?
4. Is the top of the armrest retractable? Does it slide in front?
5. Is there a storage unit inside?
6. Is it practical? Can you rest your arm on the armrest and still reach the gear knob comfortably?

Last edited by DWC : 25th February 2015 at 09:00.
Old 25th February 2015, 09:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A few updates

Cheers

Way to go Supriyo bhai, no wonder Bangalore is experiencing so much heat of late !!

1.5k for Glossy black finish on the roof, you know I will pester you for the name & address of the installer now, so please share the same.

Also, how is the fit and finish ? Have you checked with the installer if there will be any paint peeling/glue marks left on the roof if you decide to un-wrap it later ?

All in all, IMO you have 2 things left to do on your GT bro:

1. Get rid of those Chrome on the door handles.

2. Get those Rims painted Glossy Black !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 25th February 2015 at 09:32.
Old 25th February 2015, 10:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry to enter the party late, hearty Congratulations on getting the GT, a clean looking understated performer. IMO, A superior upgrade from Ritz.

Now that's one beautiful looking Polo. Good that you didn't visit 3M for the gloss black roof.

Wish VW had given me a TD of the GT TDI and behaved politely when I went to the showroom for replacement of my Ritz. Dam VW!

All the best and happy mile clocking on the Polo. Hope to drove it soon!
Thanks Anurag. Yes, VW sales are still not upto the mark and they are losing customers because of this. I hope you read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
So an update. Sad experience.

Got a call from Naveen that his GM wants to speak with me. This Mr. GM (name withheld) comes on line and says that since I had called on Monday and the lead was allocated to another sales person, Naveen can not support me anymore. So I tell this Mr. GM that the two people I spoke to never called back with the details despite my calling them back and following up and hence I would prefer that Naveen supports me. He declines. I state that this is your internal matter and does not matter to me. I want to deal with Naveen. If you insist on another person getting the credit who did not even bother to call me back as committed, I will have to cancel my booking. He says - ALRIGHT - and closes the call.

So I call my bank/relationship manager and issue a stop payment of cheque.

There you go - Another VW experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Congratulations Supriyo on your new buy! You made your Ritz one of the good looking ones in the City and now I see you doing the the same with your Polo as well.
Thanks Arun, yes i do plan to mod the polo also a litte bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
How do you find the ingress/egress? Especially coming from a tallboy model Ritz. And how about the underthigh support?

I still remember the Kurnool drive and those DRLs in your Ritz.

Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
Yes, first couple of day i had to be really careful not to bang my head against the door, but now i have got used to it and not an issue anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Nice ride! A few quick questions with regard to the armrest:

1. How easy was the install for the armrest? - If you have the tools, its a 5 mins job, you can refer to Gannu_1 thread for the same.
2. Did you do it yourself or get it done? I didn't have the tool, so got it done
3. Does it come in the way of the handbrake? No
4. Is the top of the armrest retractable? Does it slide in front? No you cant slide, but you can open it. I will take couple of more pictures and post it for clarification
5. Is there a storage unit inside? Yes.
6. Is it practical? Can you rest your arm on the armrest and still reach the gear knob comfortably? Yes, it very practical and i feel its a must for the Polo, specially for poeple doing highways or who have the Tsi. So far i have not faced any issue with reaching the gear knob
Please find my reply in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Also, how is the fit and finish ?
The fit and finish is top notch, as the car is low, they found it very easy to wrap it without any bubbles or anything.

Quote:
Have you checked with the installer if there will be any paint peeling/glue marks left on the roof if you decide to un-wrap it later ?
They said it would come off easily, but i doubt , but still not worth spending 10k for the same @ 3M.

Quote:
All in all, IMO you have 2 things left to do on your GT bro:

1. Get rid of those Chrome on the door handles.

2. Get those Rims painted Glossy Black !!
The chromes have started vanishing slowly but surely, i am just waiting for a grille from a old polo to fit the VW emblem that i sourced, Once i get that fitted all that will be gone.

Any suggestion where i can get the rims painted apart from A1. I am also thinking about getting 15" momo revenge and keep the stock rims intact, lets see how it goes.

Cheers
Old 25th February 2015, 10:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestion where i can get the rims painted apart from A1. I am also thinking about getting 15" momo revenge and keep the stock rims intact, lets see how it goes.

Cheers
Honestly Supriyo, I wanted to suggest you the same thing.

The last I heard, these Estrada Rims on our GT seem to be quite premium ones and apparently cost upwards of 10-15k a piece !! This is one of the reason why I am still keeping them OEM.

Since you have already changed the Tyres on your GT, I would also suggest you change the Rims rather then get them painted.

The folks at A1 are honestly quite good. They had got the rims on my Getz painted which lasted for over 4years and nearly 40k kms, considering the fact that it cost me around 7k for the same back then.

Your Ritz was a Looker and with the GT, I guess you have your work cut out for you. I am sure you will come up with something awesome bro.
Old 25th February 2015, 15:41   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Nice ride! A few quick questions with regard to the armrest
Guess you haven't come across this thread by Gannu!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-armrest.html

I am quoting the king himself so all your doubts can be cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Fixed the OEM armrest today morn with the help of my room-mate. Took us 2 hours and some elbow grease to insert one tiny bolt through the internal threading but was well worth the efforts.

Quote:
Thanks Anurag. Yes, VW sales are still not upto the mark and they are losing customers because of this. I hope you read this
VW has to improve else they can be sitting on those single digit market shares.

Let the car be in its original for some long IMO. It looks great in the current avatar. Specially the alloys + red colour + black roof. Killer I must say!
Old 26th February 2015, 00:24   #58
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guess you haven't come across this thread by Gannu!
Yup, I've read Gannu's DIY. The reason i'm asking the question again here is because the OP has the new Polo.
Old 26th February 2015, 00:29   #59
BANNED

Quote:

Yup, I've read Gannu's DIY. The reason i'm asking the question again here is because the OP has the new Polo.
Alright!

AFAIK, there is not much change to the interior dimensions when compared to the older Polo.
Old 26th February 2015, 00:43   #60
BHPian

Fantastic looking car there Schoudhury and nice mods especially the glossy black roof.

Quote:
Tried to replace the stock VW logo with the one that i had order, but didn't turn out as i planned.
After...
I see you had some issues w.r.t the VW logo fitting etc. I would rather suggest you try PlastiDip on your OEM logos and badging at the rear. PlastiDip looks fantastic, is easy DIY and completely reversible.

There is already a thread (sorry i forgot the name of the bhpian) where he has already dipped the logos and badges on his Grey polo.

Check this option since this will save you considerable $$$ and also fit and finish wont be an issue.

Last edited by arunu : 26th February 2015 at 00:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks