Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 11:40   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: My White Stallion - BMW X3 20D xDrive. A Q3 owner speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash2424 View Post
I was driving my X3 when a error code popped up, Chassis- continue journey at moderate speed.
The car is inthe service center from 5 days and they said the ECU has failed. Remember my car is just 25k kms done, 3 years old. I have the maintenance package on the car and they are asking me to pay 62k plus other things for this part. Also it will take time to come. Car is at BMW bavaria motors pune who by far are cheats as Ive seen with my previous experiences. What should I do? Can the ECU fail so soon? Can they charge me despite having paid 3 lakhs for the inclusive maintenance package?
Service advisor says that in the car the electronics can either last really long or they can conk off unpredictable, so much for reliability lol.
Which control unit is it? The X3 like all other BMWs has around 20 or more different control units. There are various ones which could have caused the chassis error. Find out which exact module it is, and write to BMW India.
Old 29th August 2017, 11:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
I was driving my X3 when a error code popped up, Chassis- continue journey at moderate speed.
The car is inthe service center from 5 days and they said the ECU has failed. Remember my car is just 25k kms done, 3 years old. I have the maintenance package on the car and they are asking me to pay 62k plus other things for this part. Also it will take time to come. Car is at BMW bavaria motors pune who by far are cheats as Ive seen with my previous experiences. What should I do? Can the ECU fail so soon? Can they charge me despite having paid 3 lakhs for the inclusive maintenance package?
Service advisor says that in the car the electronics can either last really long or they can conk off unpredictable, so much for reliability lol.
Have they checked the wheel speed sensor ? Sometimes all it needs is cleaning.
Old 29th August 2017, 11:53   #78
Team-BHP Support

Another thing to check are your tyre tread depth. If there is a difference of 2-3 mm in tread depth, it could be confusing the ECU
Old 29th August 2017, 13:39   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I am a little confused here. Your car has the BSI plus extended warranty which is still valid and Bavaria is asking you for part replacement cost?

It is not possible as under warranty itself this should be covered.

Or is your car's warranty just recently expired?
Old 29th August 2017, 14:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Which control unit is it? The X3 like all other BMWs has around 20 or more different control units. There are various ones which could have caused the chassis error. Find out which exact module it is, and write to BMW India.
They havent been able to find the fault. After 3 days they said it was a temporary fault code and its sorted now, the during final inspection it came up again. Now they want to change the control module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Have they checked the wheel speed sensor ? Sometimes all it needs is cleaning.
Its got something to do with the suspension as everythings fine just the car cant shift from comfort to any other mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Another thing to check are your tyre tread depth. If there is a difference of 2-3 mm in tread depth, it could be confusing the ECU
Above reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I am a little confused here. Your car has the BSI plus extended warranty which is still valid and Bavaria is asking you for part replacement cost?

It is not possible as under warranty itself this should be covered.

Or is your car's warranty just recently expired?
My car is under the all inclusive service package under which they claim I only need to pay for fuel. Even consumables are included. Wonder why they are charging me for an electrical fault but again Bavaria Motors are known to trouble after sales. My freinds have horror stories with their BMWs and Ducatis.
Old 29th August 2017, 16:33   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You should try for some goodwill. Thats why one should pad up on extended warranties!
Absolutely. As far as German's go, the extended warranty is more important than the maintenance package.

Quote:
My car is under the all inclusive service package under which they claim I only need to pay for fuel. Even consumables are included. Wonder why they are charging me for an electrical fault
Bro, the all inclusive maintenance package which I too have is completely different from the extended warranty. The all inclusive maintance package includes, wiper blades, all filters (Air, Diesel, Cabin Air Filter), Wiper Blades, Brake Pads & Tyres (Tyres only if you opt for the most expensive package). The maintenance package doesn't cover repairs only consumables for routine service.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:51   #82
BHPian

So after following up with BMW India they have agreed to give me 70 percent discount on the part and I have to pay for labour. The part is going to tak 10 to 15 days to arrive so the car will be there till then
This is the mail:
Dear Mr. Yash,

This is in continuation to our email dated August 29, 2017.

We are concerned to learn of the issues in your BMW and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. The overall satisfaction of our customers with the product and services offered by our organization and dealers is of great importance to us. We regret that your experience has been to the contrary.

We have discussed the matter with your BMW Authorized Dealership and understand that Mr. Vivek Iyer – Service Advisor from the dealership has contacted you to address the matter. Looking at the nature of fault we understand that the dealership has offered a considerable discount on the cost of repairs.

We wish to inform you that the parts required for your BMW have been ordered through fastest delivery mode. On arrival of consignment, your dealer will ensure speedy completion of repairs and delivery of the vehicle at the earliest.We again assure you of our commitment in addressing your concerns at all times. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in case of any outstanding issues. ​

With kind regards,
Shebin George
BMW India Customer Service

So now the standard service procedure with Bavaria Motors is:
1. Send car for servicing
2. They try to make a quick buck
3. Mail BMW India
4. BMW India resolves matter lol

I was wondering how the owner drives around in a brand new series 2 Phantom, now I wont be surprised to see him in a private jet seeing the volume of cars they service.

Last edited by yash2424 : 1st September 2017 at 11:54.
Old 15th June 2018, 23:53   #83
BHPian

Hi guys. Sorry to go off topic here, but do you by any chance know what is the BMW recommended engine oil?

My White Stallion - BMW X3 20D xDrive. A Q3 owner speaks-bb96671576674b16bc8e525d5c7187f0.jpeg

This is what Bavaria Motors put in my car during the last service.

That looks a little too cheap to be going into a BMW. Frankly I've spent more for synthetic oil for my other cars. And that was for 5-6 litres.

Been trying to contact BMW but haven't been able to get in touch with anyone. Their customer service suggests taking up service issues directly with the dealer. Which I found to be very weird.
Old 16th June 2018, 01:02   #84
BHPian

Quote:

So now the standard service procedure with Bavaria Motors is:
1. Send car for servicing
2. They try to make a quick buck
3. Mail BMW India
4. BMW India resolves matter lol

I was wondering how the owner drives around in a brand new series 2 Phantom, now I wont be surprised to see him in a private jet seeing the volume of cars they service.
Damn brother that sounds like a terrible ordeal. BMW seem to have lost control of the Pune dealer. I do hope you get your car back soon.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks