Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2016, 19:28   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2015 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not that I am writing as a FORD fanboy , but my recent experience with new Endeavour is quite positive. I did 3000 Km run from Chandigarh - Kandla - Ahmedabad- Chandigarh recently and there are absolutely no issues , of course its too early to comment but the way everything appears to be built , this is a no nonsense vehicle. I will say most of SUV in this category are actually meant to be driven on all kind of terrains and are built with far more factor of safety at component/ chassis level then say a regular sedan. I won't have any technical data to back this but the way suspension looks , it reminds me of my old Pajero - SFX.
New Ford Endeavor is a brilliant package.
Excellent ride and fantastic driving dynamics.
I am glad that you are happy with the car.
Which model do you have?

The downside is the high cost of longterm ownership as reported by previous generation Endeavour users ,the multiple turbo charger failures and oil sump priming pump failure reported in the Ford Rangers abroad.
We have to wait for atleast an year to know how it performs in India.

P.S:. Ford ranger uses the same 3.2 litre engine as the New Endeavour

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st April 2016 at 19:31.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:14   #152
AAD
BHPian

To all Guru's on DIY for Fortuner,

I want my ORVM's to fold automatically when I switch off the car unlike currently where I have to do so manually ( one tends to forget most of the times) and for the mirrors to again open when I turn the ignition switch. At the Toyota dealership this is being quoted at 12,000/-

In most parking lots and also with the daily Car cleaner, it's stressful to know that some over enthusiastic guy is going to fold the mirrors manually.

Appreciate any assistance and thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:10   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
I want my ORVM's to fold automatically when I switch off the car unlike currently where I have to do so manually ( one tends to forget most of the times) and for the mirrors to again open when I turn the ignition switch. At the Toyota dealership this is being quoted at 12,000/-
Yes, not sure whether that amount is worth it...

But maybe your (and my) posts should be moved to a Fortuner thread?

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 2nd April 2016 at 12:20.
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:09   #154
BHPian

Quote:
To all Guru's on DIY for Fortuner,

======
You get addon adapters outside for the Fortuner for 1500 only. My friend has it in his classic Fortuner.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd April 2016 at 07:12. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:33   #155
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Yes, not sure whether that amount is worth it...

But maybe your (and my) posts should be moved to a Fortuner thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
You get addon adapters outside for the Fortuner for 1500 only. My friend has it in his classic Fortuner.

Hi Superflyboy,

I couldn't find a dedicated DIY thread for Fortuner hence I posted my query on this Fortuner thread

Hi dean5545,

Could you elaborate a bit more on the adapters for the Fortuner? Also, my worry is about the quality of wiring done to achieve auto closing of ORVM's and my fear that getting the job done outside should not void the warranty
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everybody,

I bought the 4x4AT in October 2015 & have since driven about 17000 kms till date. The average fuel consumption with 75% highway & 25% city driving is 8.75 litres per km....
Anuj,
I too am planning to buy 4X4AT very soon. My thought process is similar to yours. Basically, looking for a RELIABLE runner. And there isn't any other competitor that can match Toyota.

Have two questions on your ownership so far-
1. How many kilometres have you covered so far? How much does it cost per service interval?

2. Is the so called "bumpy ride" a deal breaker? My driving would be occasional long drives. Would need to cover 800 Kms per day.

My background - I have never driven a vehicle of this size so far. So this is my first experience with an SUV, my family too.

thanks,
Steering Star
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:26   #157
AAD
BHPian

Hi Steering Star,

My Fortuner has done about 17,500 kms so far, majority on smooth highway and some city driving.

I personally don't think the ride quality is bad for it to be a deal breaker. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the Pajero Sport is certainly better in that department than the Fortuner but in several other areas the Fortuner scores, most notably being the complete peace of mind she offers and the utter reliability.

In order to make my ride better, I run my tyres 1 psi lower than the recommended pressure since in most cases I am the sole occupant.

Will you be driving yourself or be driven? While the rear seat is not exactly uncomfortable, if you are being driven, the front cop assented seat is a better place to be.

Since you mentioned that you have never driven a vehicle of this size before, be aware of the body roll and the jerks that come with a stiffly sprung, high Center of gravity vehicle and you should be fine.

I suggest you take several long test drives in order to understand the ride n handling dynamics of the Fortuner so you know exactly what to expect.

Cheers and best wishes
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:51   #158
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringStar View Post
Anuj,

I too am planning to buy 4X4AT very soon. My thought process is similar to yours. Basically, looking for a RELIABLE runner. And there isn't any other competitor that can match Toyota.

Have two questions on your ownership so far-

1. How many kilometres have you covered so far? How much does it cost per service interval?

2. Is the so called "bumpy ride" a deal breaker? My driving would be occasional long drives. Would need to cover 800 Kms per day.

My background - I have never driven a vehicle of this size so far. So this is my first experience with an SUV, my family too.

thanks,

Steering Star

Sorry missed out on the service costs info. Typically every 5000 km service has cost me about Rs 2300 while the 10000 km service costs approx Rs 6500.

Trust this helps in helping you take a decision in favour of the Fortuner 4x4 AT
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:14   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I too am planning to buy 4X4AT very soon. My thought process is similar to yours. Basically, looking for a RELIABLE runner. And there isn't any other competitor that can match Toyota

Do a back to back test with new endeavour , you won't able to justify buying Fortuner even though reliability is a large factor for you. But if you must buy a Toyota , wait till end of this month for new Innova , I am more then sure it will be more fun & comfortable over fortuner.
Old 4th April 2016, 01:51   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringStar View Post

thanks,
Steering Star
If there is no off the road use consider the New Innova crysta automatic too.
Old 4th April 2016, 09:15   #161
AAD
BHPian

For mild off road use, you may want to consider Tata Hexa as well.
Old 4th April 2016, 13:47   #162
BHPian

Quote:
For mild off road use, you may want to consider Tata Hexa as well.
Are they selling these now??
Old 4th April 2016, 17:04   #163
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I need some suggestions.
So the thing is we acquired our beast (4x4 auto) about 6 months ago and at around 15000kms or 3rd service the brake pads were changed because as per service peeps they were unfit for further use. Then i thought due to enthusiastic driving, lack of rear discs and massive weight of the beast; it is fine. But now again at around 25000 kms the brakes are making whistling noise. The service is due and I am going tomorrow for it. But before going to the service centre i wanted to ask experts for their views about it and suggest what it is all about and what should be done.
Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Tank to tank method would be really great.
I did a tank to tank method for you sir, the mileage hovered around 8.5 in the city limits and AC on almost all the time. I will also like to mention here that i mostly drive in Noida which has relatively less traffic as compared to Delhi.
Old 4th April 2016, 17:10   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hello everyone,
I need some suggestions.
So the thing is we acquired our beast (4x4 auto) about 6 months ago and at around 15000kms or 3rd service the brake pads were changed because as per service peeps they were unfit for further use. Then i thought due to enthusiastic driving, lack of rear discs and massive weight of the beast; it is fine. But now again at around 25000 kms the brakes are making whistling noise. The service is due and I am going tomorrow for it. But before going to the service centre i wanted to ask experts for their views about it and suggest what it is all about and what should be done.
Thanks in advance.
Maybe your calipers are stuck/have jammed in some manner - or the brake system somewhere.

A brake pad wear sensor (a metal piece that drags along the metal discs) alerts one to low brake pads. It could be this noise - if that system is in place for the Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
I did a tank to tank method for you sir, the mileage hovered around 8.5 in the city limits and AC on almost all the time. I will also like to mention here that i mostly drive in Noida which has relatively less traffic as compared to Delhi.
The mileage may be impacted by the brake system possibly being engaged - as above.

Best to check at either another dealer for a second opinion or a brake expert.
Old 4th April 2016, 17:19   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe your calipers are stuck/have jammed in some manner - or the brake system somewhere.

A brake pad wear sensor (a metal piece that drags along the metal discs) alerts one to low brake pads. It could be this noise - if that system is in place for the Fortuner.
Thanks for your reply superflyboy,
I forgot to mention in detail that the whistling sound only comes when the car is about to come to complete halt and not as soon as the brakes are pressed.

Being a noob, i didn't really understand anything about the brake pad wear sensor. Can you please explain ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks