Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2015, 22:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2015 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post

However, I was very disappointed to learn that in the Fortuner 4x2 at the 30+L price range, did not have cruise control. Same was the case with the top end Innova, no cruise control. Like we know, the Innova still does not have a AT gear box at this 18L+ price range.
Fortuner has 3 AT models

2.5L 4x2 AT
3.0L 4x2 AT
3.0L 4x4 AT

If I recall correctly both the 3.0L models have Cruise Control. When you are referring to 4x2 model, are you talking about 2.5L ?
hondadude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 23:59   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Fortuner has 3 AT models

2.5L 4x2 AT
3.0L 4x2 AT
3.0L 4x4 AT

If I recall correctly both the 3.0L models have Cruise Control. When you are referring to 4x2 model, are you talking about 2.5L ?
Yes, you are correct. I was referring to 2.5L 4x2 model. Even this is 30L+ on road is what I was told....come on TOYOTA, throw in a cruise control at this price. Even some of the mid-range sedans have this useful long drive comfort feature.
Old 2nd March 2015, 10:09   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I recall correctly both the 3.0L models have Cruise Control.
Nope , only Auto has one

Quote:
I was referring to 2.5L 4x2 model. Even this is 30L+ on road is what I was told....come on TOYOTA, throw in a cruise control at this price.
I believe they used to have this feature in this variant till last Year when Auto option was available only in 2 WD version , now they have restricted this to 4x4 Auto , dont understand how much have they saved . Of-course in Manual transmissions , cruise won't be much useful specially in our traffic

From Toyota website

^ Available with 4WD only | * Available with AT only- Cruise Control not available with 2.5L AT

COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
Automatic Dual A/C (with Rear Air Conditioner Switch & Ceiling Vents for 2nd & 3rd Rows)
Steering Wheel with Audio, MID, Tel Switches
2DIN Display Audio with LCD Touch-screen, DVD, Bluetooth, USB, Aux-in & 6 Speakers,
Audio with Remote
NAVI with Voice Recognition (VR Switches on Steering Wheel)***
Printed Antenna
Keyless Entry
Rear Camera with Display
Cruise Control *

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd March 2015 at 10:11.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 21:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Nope , only Auto has one

From Toyota website

^ Available with 4WD only | * Available with AT only- Cruise Control not available with 2.5L AT

The above line implies that Cruise control is not available in 2.5L AT. That is correct.

However Cruise control is available in 3.0L 4x2 AT and 3.0L 4x4 AT.

When I said both 3.0L models, I meant both the Automatic models.

Last edited by hondadude : 2nd March 2015 at 22:00.
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:56   #80
BHPian

Guys I can do with some help here. After selling my Safari mid last year, I have been looking for a 7 seater (or a 5+2 seater like the Safari was). Have been utterly confused and hence passed time following various trails -

Storme Refresh
+ve - Price
-ve - reliability, longevity and the expected lack of fanfare in the interiors even in the refresh

Fortuner (Had booked this one end of last year and I can take delivery on this when I wish)
+ve - Reliability
-ve - Price, again lack of gizmos at its price point and the biggest of all the looming 2016 Fortuner launch which I am worried will have a significant impact on valuation of current model

Innova
+ve - The practical Fortuner , more space for half the price (he dealership is more than willing to change my booking from Fortuner to Innova)
-ve - Looks (feels a step down coming from prior SUV ownership), 2016 refresh like with the Fortuner which I think may impact valuation

Ford Endeavour
+ve - Expected price competitiveness w.r.t Fortuner and its modern and well stocked interiors
-ve - Owned an ikon before so I know its maintenance/parts will not come cheap, furthermore the launch date is still TBD and I can't push my purchase to last this year

I have discounted the Pajero, and am not considering any mini MUVs like the Ertiga, Mobilio (also don't like the looks of the Lodgy)

Will appreciate any insights, thoughts from the community that can help me close on a decision fast.
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Overall one can't run away from the fact that the fortune is now very very expensive. Maybe the company adds on the lowered cost of maintaining a Toyota in its initial sticker price so that the dealers are happy. The only logical reason as over time one would expect the company to have nullified its main capital costs i.e. dyes and tooling which should reduce the cost rather than increase it.
Very good point. The initial sticker price of TOYOTA (e.g. Innova / Fortuner) is rather high.....once purchased this is followed by relatively 'lower' annual maintenance costs. Never really thought about it this way, but now that you mention, makes sense.

Alternatively competition charges more during annual maintenance. So net-net end customer pays almost similar....initial high vehicle cost + relatively lower maintenance (for TOYOTAS) OR initial slightly lower costs + slightly higher maintenance annually (COMPITITION).

Interesting, wonder what others on this forum think.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 10:57   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Guys I can do with some help here. After selling my Safari mid last year, I have been looking for a 7 seater (or a 5+2 seater like the Safari was).

I have discounted the Pajero, and am not considering any mini MUVs like the Ertiga, Mobilio (also don't like the looks of the Lodgy)

Will appreciate any insights, thoughts from the community that can help me close on a decision fast.
Hyundai Santa Fe? My neighbor has one and is all praise for it. Expenbsive though at OTR (BLR) of 35 lakhs. Rear seats are not great but usable he says.

Chevrolet Captiva? Dodgy support and continuity concerns. Not a 5+2 either I think
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hyundai Santa Fe? My neighbor has one and is all praise for it. Expenbsive though at OTR (BLR) of 35 lakhs. Rear seats are not great but usable he says.

Chevrolet Captiva? Dodgy support and continuity concerns. Not a 5+2 either I think

The Captiva indeed is a 5+2 seater. It's a fine SUV but again more like the Santafe, best used for normal driving and not hard core off reading. A seven seater version of the Renault Duster is expected next year but you wouldn't want to wait till then right? Your best bet would be, if available, a 2014 production Skoda Yeti. I still see a lot of 'New' Yeti which are the pre face-lift version but newly delivered. Could be worth a try.
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:11   #84
BHPian

Captiva has very poor resale values. Much lower than Toyota.

IIRC,my neighbor bought a black captiva 2012 model 65k run for 8ish
Old 4th March 2015, 12:11   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Tata's are trying to make a major effort to revamp their producs. I suggest wait for the Storme refresh and get it if it meets your requirements.
Old 4th March 2015, 13:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Tata's are trying to make a major effort to revamp their producs. I suggest wait for the Storme refresh and get it if it meets your requirements.
Thanks, will wait another month where I have waited almost a year already.
I do hope that they give the Storme a sincere makeover to remain relevant in this space.
Old 4th March 2015, 13:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I can do with some help here. After selling my Safari mid last year, I have been looking for a 7 seater (or a 5+2 seater like the Safari was). Have been utterly confused and hence passed time following various trails -

Storme Refresh
+ve - Price
-ve - reliability, longevity and the expected lack of fanfare in the interiors even in the refresh

Fortuner (Had booked this one end of last year and I can take delivery on this when I wish)
+ve - Reliability
-ve - Price, again lack of gizmos at its price point and the biggest of all the looming 2016 Fortuner launch which I am worried will have a significant impact on valuation of current model

Innova
+ve - The practical Fortuner , more space for half the price (he dealership is more than willing to change my booking from Fortuner to Innova)
-ve - Looks (feels a step down coming from prior SUV ownership), 2016 refresh like with the Fortuner which I think may impact valuation

Ford Endeavour
+ve - Expected price competitiveness w.r.t Fortuner and its modern and well stocked interiors
-ve - Owned an ikon before so I know its maintenance/parts will not come cheap, furthermore the launch date is still TBD and I can't push my purchase to last this year

Of the list above, if image and performance top your list, go for fortuner while knowing that the second seat and last row will be lower and there will be significantly higher body movement that will make the ride difficult for rear participants.
If you couldnt care less about looks and racing with everybody around, go for the innova - it has a pretty good body control, the captain seats version is amazingly confortable (no car will carry 4 occupants in so much comfort) and still can canter upto 150-160kmph on an empty road. I own an innova and have done 95k kms in past 5 years - the car drives and feels as good as it was when I first purchased it. Have only changed a light bulb in the last 5 years
Buffetfan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 13:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unless SUV looks matter and you need 4wd or high GC consistently, I would recommend the Innova.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 14:33   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
If you couldnt care less about looks and racing with everybody around, go for the innova - it has a pretty good body control, the captain seats version is amazingly confortable (no car will carry 4 occupants in so much comfort) and still can canter upto 150-160kmph on an empty road. I own an innova and have done 95k kms in past 5 years - the car drives and feels as good as it was when I first purchased it. Have only changed a light bulb in the last 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Unless SUV looks matter and you need 4wd or high GC consistently, I would recommend the Innova.
The draw of the SUV feel is what has kept me from going with the Innova knowing that it aces all other params even at its somewhat inflated price point.

So the plan for now is to wait till EOM for the Storme launch to see if it holds any promise, else I will change my booking from the Fortuner to Innova and get it over with.
Old 4th March 2015, 16:50   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The draw of the SUV feel is what has kept me from going with the Innova knowing that it aces all other params even at its somewhat inflated price point.

So the plan for now is to wait till EOM for the Storme launch to see if it holds any promise, else I will change my booking from the Fortuner to Innova and get it over with.
If you are open to Safari, why not new Scorpio? There is a reason why Scorpio sells at least 5 or 6 times more than Safari/Storme.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks