Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 19:27   #31
BHPian

Re: 2007 Maruti Baleno VXi - My Rocksteady Workhorse

Need Advise

Currently I am running 195/60/R14 on my Baleno. I am planning for a Alloy/tyre upgrade to 15" or 16" for my Baleno and am thinking of Below options.

1. 205/65/R15 or 225/60/R15 - Michelins/Continental
2. 205/60/R16 or 205/55/R16 - Michelins/Continental
3. 225/50/R16 or 225/55/R16 - Michelins/Continental

which one would be a better option for a good ride comfort, grip in all seasons and fuel consumption. I am also considering slight increase in height as Baleno tends to have low GC.

Please suggest options and advises even if you have something else apart from the options above.
Old 15th October 2015, 21:29   #32
BHPian

I am looking for Spare parts options for the below parts:

1. Lower Arms
2. Ball Joint and Tie Rod end.
3. Shock absorbers all round for front and rear.

I enquired from maruti and they say the whole setup would cost me around 46K in all ( inclusive of front and rear shock absorbers with all miscellaneous spares for the parts to be replaced).

I would like to know whether going for any cheaper options work out better in terms of life and reliability of the parts. I understand these are critical parts for the car to function. I am looking at options if available which can actually save me some costs and give me almost same lifespan.

Finally any worthy alternatives compared to SGP in aftermarket??
Old 22nd October 2015, 19:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
I am looking for Spare parts options for the below parts:

1. Lower Arms
2. Ball Joint and Tie Rod end.
3. Shock absorbers all round for front and rear.

I enquired from maruti and they say the whole setup would cost me around 46K in all ( inclusive of front and rear shock absorbers with all miscellaneous spares for the parts to be replaced).

I would like to know whether going for any cheaper options work out better in terms of life and reliability of the parts. I understand these are critical parts for the car to function. I am looking at options if available which can actually save me some costs and give me almost same lifespan.

Finally any worthy alternatives compared to SGP in aftermarket??
A close friend has 2006 model Baleno Vxi, last month he got a similar quote from MSA - went to a FNG (another friend knows the mechanic for past 6years) and by his referral got Lower Arms and front Shock absorbers (6months replacement if any leakages) along with rubber fittings (bush, strut and all miscellaneous parts) for 16k from opera house in Mumbai (these were not MGP spares)+ additional 2k for labor.

Additionally headlights were not available in Mumbai so we had to buy them from Delhi.

Maybe you can check out the local garages and weigh your options MSA Vs FNG.
IPathan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPathan View Post
A close friend has 2006 model Baleno Vxi, last month he got a similar quote from MSA - went to a FNG (another friend knows the mechanic for past 6years) and by his referral got Lower Arms and front Shock absorbers (6months replacement if any leakages) along with rubber fittings (bush, strut and all miscellaneous parts) for 16k from opera house in Mumbai (these were not MGP spares)+ additional 2k for labor.

Additionally headlights were not available in Mumbai so we had to buy them from Delhi.

Maybe you can check out the local garages and weigh your options MSA Vs FNG.
Thanks for your information I will check with aftermarket options, however reliability is my utmost priority.

For headlight assembly, you can use DEPO brand headlight OEM replacement, I have used them in my car for projectors setup.
Old 5th January 2017, 08:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your information I will check with aftermarket options, however reliability is my utmost priority.

For headlight assembly, you can use DEPO brand headlight OEM replacement, I have used them in my car for projectors setup.
I am hearing a thud thud sound on bad roads from the front left side of my 2000 model Baleno. Took it a garage and they found the culprit in the form of ball joints. Any idea how much this part costs?
Old 13th May 2017, 00:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I am hearing a thud thud sound on bad roads from the front left side of my 2000 model Baleno. Took it a garage and they found the culprit in the form of ball joints. Any idea how much this part costs?
MGA ball joints costs somewhere around 8500 to 9k afaik. check for Lower arm as well. they might also be worn out. These parts needs to be ordered and you will have to wait. sometimes you might have to advance them(depends) on availability.
Old 1st June 2017, 18:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
MGA ball joints costs somewhere around 8500 to 9k afaik. check for Lower arm as well. they might also be worn out. These parts needs to be ordered and you will have to wait. sometimes you might have to advance them(depends) on availability.
Took the car to a know mechanic at Minister's road. He just tightened a bolt...the thud sound is gone.

Cost: 500 rupees worth of petrol for a journey from Lingampally to Minister's road, Secunderabad.
Old 1st June 2017, 19:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Took the car to a know mechanic at Minister's road. He just tightened a bolt...the thud sound is gone.

Cost: 500 rupees worth of petrol for a journey from Lingampally to Minister's road, Secunderabad.
.. thats good. I had also gotten done these things before finally changing the lower arms. How much has your car run ? these parts strt wearing out once the car crossed 85-90K on odo. depends on how well it has been driven.
Old 2nd June 2017, 18:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
.. thats good. I had also gotten done these things before finally changing the lower arms. How much has your car run ? these parts strt wearing out once the car crossed 85-90K on odo. depends on how well it has been driven.
My car is at 96500 now. Have done over 2000 kms with the issue. But whenever the issue crops up, I just tighten the bolt..
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks