Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 11:32   #391
BHPian

Re: Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)

5 years today. Still munches miles like when she came home.

The best part is she’s still on stock clutch and stock suspension. Usage is 80-20 (highway-city)

Happy Birthday

Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)-1973cbbb4d21495e87191b1d942b2d62.jpeg

Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)-25e1738626b4439a986b3e0ce46233b0.jpeg
drhoneycake is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 23:11   #392
BHPian

So this came on today. The car drives normally. I cleared the DTC code and it was fine. Started the car in the evening and the check engine light was back. Revved the engine to 3k rpm and it went off.

OBD2 scanner revealed the following DTC code:-

P1186 - Fuel Pressure Warning - Minimum Pressure at Engine Speed Too Low

What could be the issue??

Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)-22e6953094b3445fab792590bcd373b0.jpeg
Old 4th January 2020, 23:24   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
P1186 - Fuel Pressure Warning - Minimum Pressure at Engine Speed Too Low
Few symptoms that I can think of-

1) Water in diesel. Get the diesel filter cleaned/replaced.
2) Fuel pressure sensor issue.
3) Do you hear any more than usual fuel pump whining sound? If so it could be a (in-tank)fuel pump issue.
4) It could be a High Pressure pump(HPFP) issue.
Old 27th January 2020, 22:03   #394
BHPian

Hello Guys!
I own a 2017 Hyundai Verna VTVT SX!
Today evening while reversing the car into the parking lot, I noticed that the rpm needle was stuck at 0 RPM but could hear the engine running!
Tried turning off the engine and cranking again! Engine started, but the needle is still stuck at 0 RPM, revved the engine in neutral still no movement in the needle.

Anyone experienced this earlier? Any pointers on what could be wrong?
Also is the car safe to be driven in this condition? Any electrical issues that could cause the car to burn?

Guys! Pls help me! Have a long journey planned this weekend!

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 27th January 2020 at 22:03. Reason: Typo error
Old 27th January 2020, 22:14   #395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
I own a 2017 Hyundai Verna VTVT SX!
Today evening while reversing the car into the parking lot, I noticed that the rpm needle was stuck at 0 RPM but could hear the engine running!
Rest all gauges are working in the cluster? Is the car starting normally (read cold start)?

Check the battery once, maybe dying.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th January 2020 at 22:16.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 22:37   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Rest all gauges are working in the cluster? Is the car starting normally (read cold start)?

Check the battery once, maybe dying.
The speedo too seems to be stuck!
The car always starts in the first crank during mornings! No issues with that! But at times (very very rare), the car requires couple of crank before coming to life!
Is the car safe to drive?
Old 28th January 2020, 05:24   #397
BANNED

Quote:
The speedo too seems to be stuck! The car always starts in the first crank during mornings! No issues with that! But at times (very very rare), the car requires a couple of crank before coming to life!
Is the car safe to drive?
Some links that I referred to online regarding this issue, reported possible failure of the crank sensor. I may be wrong too.

What about the fuel and coolant gauges?
Old 28th January 2020, 06:55   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

What about the fuel and coolant gauges?
The fuel and temperature gauges are both digital in the Verna and both of them behaved normally! The ODO reading and everything else too seems normal!
It's the speedometer and Tachometer which is staying at 0!

Yes sir, even I found few link suggesting faulty Crankshaft position sensor, but what surprises me is it was all normal while taking the car and even when returning to the parking lot! It's when reversing that the car shut off once ( I'm a newbie to driving), and after starting again that I notice the needle at 0!

Can the sensor go wrong all of a sudden? The car is still in warranty! Hoping it will be covered under it!
Old 28th January 2020, 11:22   #399
BANNED

Quote:
Can the sensor go wrong all of a sudden? The car is still in warranty! Hoping it will be covered under it!
As it is an electrical part, can fail anytime and all of a sudden. Generally, they are reliable but if that part has indeed failed in the car, it would have given out a CEL IMHO and may not start properly after that incident.

Get it checked at Hyundai ASC soon.
Old 20th May 2020, 23:28   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Few symptoms that I can think of-

1) Water in diesel. Get the diesel filter cleaned/replaced.
2) Fuel pressure sensor issue.
3) Do you hear any more than usual fuel pump whining sound? If so it could be a (in-tank)fuel pump issue.
4) It could be a High Pressure pump(HPFP) issue.
So I got the diesel filter replaced. It ran fine for a few days before it threw the same error again. This time a new symptom - even if you stand on the accelerator, the car wouldn’t rev beyond 3000rpm. Propably went into some sort of limp mode.

Diagnosed it to be a Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (Fuel inlet metering Valve or whatever it’s called) gone bad. Replaced that and now it’s all back to regular duties.

Last edited by drhoneycake : 20th May 2020 at 23:30.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 19:55   #401
BHPian

Hello all!

There seems to be a weird click type (continuous krr-krr) sound that appears whenever the steering wheel is turned. What's surprising is there was absolutely no sound when I left the house, it started appearing only when returning back home from a shop. The click-click sound remains as long as the the steering wheel is turned. Once held in a position, the sound disappears.

What could be the issue? Anything serious? We've a long trip coming up this sunday. Is it okay to drive the car with this issue? I hope it faints away be itself.

Car: Hyundai Verna 4S 1.6 Petrol.

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 13th November 2020 at 20:06.
Old 14th November 2020, 15:00   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all!

There seems to be a weird click type (continuous krr-krr) sound that appears whenever the steering wheel is turned.

Car: Hyundai Verna 4S 1.6 Petrol.
Sorry for the repeat post!
Any clue on what could be wrong? The sound is like a spring being twisted. Not too loud nor too faint. It's audible though! Quite sure it's not a CV Joint issue as the sound is different and happens even when the steering is rotated slightly in either direction. Tried it with the car switched off too and the sound did appear.
Could it be a bad clock spring? But there was no CEL or any warning in the instrument cluster.

Hoping nothing too serious! We have a long drive planned tomorrow!
Old 14th November 2020, 15:34   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Any clue on what could be wrong?
Does the sound appear when you’re turning & accelerating at the same time (from low speeds) ?

Sounds to me like it’s your CV joint. Does it sound like this? - or

If not, make a video & post the link here.

Let’s hope it’s a simple fix & not something which Hyundai Verna steering units are renowned for.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 16:26   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Does the sound appear when you’re turning & accelerating at the same time (from low speeds) ?
Thanks for the reply!
The sound I'm reffering to is definitely not this one. In my case, it happens even when the car is stationary and when the steering wheel is rotated, and stops when the steering is held in a particular position. I mean, no sound when steering is held in a position, it happens only when rotated.

Regarding shooting a video, I don't think the video can capture the sound because it's not loud enough.

Sir, in the video you posted, the sound is more like a clunk, in my case it's more like a spring being twisted. Sound is faint, but audible enough to catch attention.

I hope it's safe to drive!☹
Old 14th November 2020, 17:42   #405
BHPian

Quote:
The sound I'm reffering to is definitely not this one. In my case, it happens even when the car is stationary and when the steering wheel is rotated, and stops when the steering is held in a particular position.

Sir, in the video you posted, the sound is more like a clunk, in my case it's more like a spring being twisted. Sound is faint, but audible enough to catch attention.
From the symptoms you mention, I doubt it’s the clock spring because if it is that, very often, the Airbag light starts to glow along with the horn & various other buttons on the steering wheel, not working.

Usually, a sound like that means it’s something to do with the front end & suspension components.

If it’s not the CV joints, keep a ear open for the tie rod ends, strut bearing & control arm bushings.

Can you get someone to crouch near both the front wheel wells while you turn the wheels from lock to lock? Maybe then you can narrow down the source of the sound using that crude technique.

However, if you’re not confident, it’s best to have the issue diagnosed before a long trip since you don’t want to get stranded in the middle of no where with a failed suspension/steering part.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks