Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 10:06   #91

Re: My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!

Ventoman, congrats on the new buy! It is truly an inspiration to see how many DIY you have successfully executed. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I just saw that instead of replacing the wheel you can add only the paddle shifters to the wheel. Saw them at the below website - they seem to do installs as well:

http://www.vagtune.in/volkswagen/vw-...genuine-detail

Has anyone tried this mod? Also is there anyone you may know of, who does this install in Mumbai?
Old 28th May 2016, 00:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonKnight View Post

I just saw that instead of replacing the wheel you can add only the paddle shifters to the wheel. Saw them at the below website - they seem to do installs as well:

http://www.vagtune.in/volkswagen/vw-...genuine-detail

Has anyone tried this mod? Also is there anyone you may know of, who does this install in Mumbai?
Unfortunately this retrofit is not compatible for Vento or Polo. I had called vagtune sometime back and was told this. We have to go the expensive way of changing the wheel if we want paddles
senthils27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 11:07   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Unfortunately this retrofit is not compatible for Vento or Polo. I had called vagtune sometime back and was told this. We have to go the expensive way of changing the wheel if we want paddles
Thanks senthils27, I really wish there was a simple fix like this for the Vento as well - would have saved 40k.
Old 12th September 2017, 00:57   #94
BHPian

Re: Few updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
4. Fitted Auto headlights, courtesy Ali bhai for $55/-. It was a simple DIY and hardly took few mins.
Kit received was as below.
This is a mouth-watering upgrade! I would like to do this for my Polo 1.2l petrol 2014 Highline. Would it be feasible? Could you also provide the link on aliexpress, I can see many results on the website but since your buy is tried and tested; I'll go for that!

Thanks
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 17:40   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
This is a mouth-watering upgrade! I would like to do this for my Polo 1.2l petrol 2014 Highline. Would it be feasible? Could you also provide the link on aliexpress, I can see many results on the website but since your buy is tried and tested; I'll go for that!

Thanks
Sure, please find the link here.

However, please note there's a better option with Auto light and rain sensor as done by few folks here. For example - Graaja's thread here .
Old 12th September 2017, 18:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, please find the link here.

However, please note there's a better option with Auto light and rain sensor as done by few folks here. For example - Graaja's thread here .
Thank you Ventoman! I shall soon try this out. Not too keen on rain sensing wipers as where I live (Agra) is sadly a dry barren desert without even a decent monsoon

Also, I hope this is plug and play right? Would I require any VCDS coding post install to get it running?

Last edited by lemedico : 12th September 2017 at 18:13. Reason: added another sentence
Old 13th September 2017, 15:04   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Also, I hope this is plug and play right? Would I require any VCDS coding post install to get it running?
Yes. pretty straight forward and doesn't require any VCDS tweaks.
Old 25th May 2021, 18:09   #98
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: 5k, 6 months update

Quote:
However, got the GTi Steering wheel (with paddles) fitted at Adigas Automotives, a Bosch service centre. I'll share more on this after few drives with paddles.
Was there coding involved? Did your GTi wheel come equipped with the small control module where controls and paddles are plugged in?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks