Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 08:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Congratulations on the new ride!! Nice and a detailed review there.
Regarding the fuel efficiency, 23-24 Kmpl is really fantastic for a 1.6L engine. Also, good to see that you gave high importance for safety features.

Happy Motoring!
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 10:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
I can safely assume that you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. Could you let me know which Dealership did you buy the car from? I have booked at Advaith, ORR, Bangalore.

Also, once I get my car and drive it a few hundred kms, I will add to this thread, with a Petrol Verna story.

PS- My Caska images for you are pending, shall post them soon.
Yes, 100% satisfied (so far ). I bought the car from Advaith, Bannerghatta Road.

Yes, please post your petrol review too, that would be really useful. And yes, waiting for the Caska headunit images too, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you guys checked the possibility of a different configuration? Maruti's OEM Nippon remotes could be pre-programmed to unlock differently
Good point. I don't remember reading anything about configuring this in the manual. Let me investigate more and keep you posted.
Old 1st July 2015, 13:21   #18
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Very well written review and congratulations for this excellent choice.

Being a fellow fluidic Verna SX CRDi owner for the past 4 years (2011, 40K on the ODO), I have enjoyed the engine response the most. The braking is excellent, though my car has all round discs. Never have I regretted the ownership experience and dealer sales/service experience has been excellent.

I am not too fond of the soft Bridgestone tyres. Keep a look out for sidewall damage. Three of my tyres had sidewall damage and I upgraded to Continental CP2 tyres.

All the best

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Congratulations PearlJam, the car looks fantastic. I really like this new face of the 4S. The rear is more of a miss to me though, as the faux LED lamps just dont cut it for me. The older lamps looked a lot better IMHO!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:34   #20

Congratulations on the new car.
I guess in this segment, Verna 4S is the perfect choice for those looking for Refinement, Power and Good after sales service.
Partially this is due to the fact that it shares the 1.6 CRDi with elantra.
It will be a great mile muncher!

Cheers!
bhimani.mohak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Frankly, these are the kind of thoughtful features that German technology addresses. This was the same issue with my previous car, Getz Prime.
In my current GT TDi, the door locks at 17-18 km/hr and remains locked even if the car comes to halt and the engine is switched off. The moment you remove the key from the ignition, the doors unlock!!
Hey. Congratz on the Verna. I got my 2014 Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX in August 2014. Done 18k kms in the past 10 months. Extremely happy with the purchase. (Though might have a heart burn when Creta is out )

About the unlock feature. In my car, the doors unlock on pulling out the key from the slot. But since yours does not have a key - not sure what happens.

So this is not a German only feature. Koreans can do it too

Arvind
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:08   #22
BHPian

Great Review I have I20 since 2010 and planning to upgrade to sedan class. Verna is no-1 on my wish list.
rakesht_ripps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 00:36   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on your upgrade. Verna diesel has a very capable oil burner under the hood, though I am surprised and disappointed to learn that there is still some turbo lag at lower revs. The good part is that the suspension has been tweaked to improve ride and handling balance.I Wish you many happy miles in Verna.
Can you please tell us the rating of the air-con compressor?
cruising_rapid is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 13:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
I am surprised and disappointed to learn that there is still some turbo lag at lower revs.
Yes, there is a lag, but it's just a matter of getting familiar with the power band. Once you're comfortable, you will exactly know when to downshift, or when not to upshift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
Can you please tell us the rating of the air-con compressor?
Did you mean my rating? If so, I would rate the A/c as excellent, with the caveat that the lack of rear a/c vents leads to poor circulation, unless you point the front vents to the rear.

If you meant the number, I'm not sure. The manual doesn't say anything about it. From other posts, I figure that it's 122cc.
Old 8th July 2015, 15:55   #25
vdm
BHPian

Congratulations to you on your new acquisition of a 2015 Verna.A very well crafted review . Its a very good upgrade from Dezire & a really excellent choice. Please be careful with your warranty before upgrading your ice. Hope you enjoy your drive for many more miles.
vdm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 16:22   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on you the acquisition of your new ride. Me too an owner of a Silver Dec 2014 Fluidic Verna 2014 CRDi SX, ownership of which I'm gonna put down very soon.

I'm also completely satisfied with my purchase and my dealership experience has been wonderful (Advaith, BG Road).

Wishing you many safe miles and pleasant journeys ahead. Stay Safe

P.S:- Just curious, does your Verna have the reg no. 2662, cause I keep seeing one regularly near my place.

Last edited by drhoneycake : 8th July 2015 at 16:23. Reason: typo
drhoneycake is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 19:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
If you meant the number, I'm not sure. The manual doesn't say anything about it. From other posts, I figure that it's 122cc.
Yes, I actually wanted to know the compressor rating. Thank you for giving me an idea. Keep cruising
Old 9th July 2015, 19:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
P.S:- Just curious, does your Verna have the reg no. 2662, cause I keep seeing one regularly near my place.
No, that's not me! BTW, I hardly see any 4S versions on the road even after 4 months of launch.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 16:09   #29
BHPian

Absolutely correct Pearljam.

Maintains the exclusivity of the Verna 4S.

Apart from the touchscreen system, are there any accessories you planning to put in? I have to get seat covers as mine are fabric and will get soiled. But anything else which comes to mind?
Old 10th July 2015, 20:51   #30
BHPian

Firstly, congratulations on acquiring the Verna 4S. No doubt it is an looker from all the angles. Take good care of the beauty and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
No, that's not me! BTW, I hardly see any 4S versions on the road even after 4 months of launch.
My friend recently picked the Verna (regular Fluidic one), although Verna 4S was launched at that time. I accompanied him for PDI and say many prospective customers walked up to the display Verna 4S and came back disappointed. Some of them gave a common reason of the features being NOT ENOUGH for the price premium they had to pay.
Nik2772 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks