Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 10:15   #46
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Update guys.

I have changed my early morning commute time, leaving home 15 minutes earlier. This way, I avoid the loads of school buses which block the roads and guess what, the fuel efficiency has gone up. I now get close to 12-12.5 in the city and the MID even showed 13.4 for a couple of days, all in City driving.
I am glad I decided to leave a little early. However, the evening jam still catches me and I cannot escape it.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Update guys.

I have changed my early morning commute time, leaving home 15 minutes earlier. This way, I avoid the loads of school buses which block the roads and guess what, the fuel efficiency has gone up. I now get close to 12-12.5 in the city and the MID even showed 13.4 for a couple of days, all in City driving.
I am glad I decided to leave a little early. However, the evening jam still catches me and I cannot escape it.
That's pretty encouraging drive2eternity ! 12-12.5 is virtually unheard in city conditions for Petrol Vehicles as,
A. You need a proper run in @ lower RPM's albeit in correct gear ratio's to allow that to happen.( Good FE)
B. You sure need a light footed approach over longer periods for which you need empty, deserted roads, a luxury in Bengaluru, Mumbai types, & can only happen @ odd hours.

You are one heck of a determined guy drive2eternity !
Nagesh Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 10:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I have been able to move up from 7.5 to 8.5 kmpl in a week's time. I guess I need some more fine tuning of my driving style.
This is too less even for a petrol vehicle. I would suggest that you try:
(a) Changing your fuel station to another one. I only fill from IOC outlets
(b) Check if brakes have unnecessary resistance
Old 30th October 2015, 15:58   #49
BHPian

Hey Guys, i was just going through the Hyundai Verna thread, ( Official new car review pre 2015) , there have been many complaints of low illumination of the Projector beam.

Could be a after market fit as i am not sure if Hyundai provided projector headlight set up in the earlier vehicles.

In my 2015 Verna i haven't faced any illumination issue at all & in fact the perception is that these are decently bright. I am yet to take it on a highway or an upcountry tour though where it's generally dark & the projector utility can hence be put to test better.

Has anyone faced any issue on headlight illumination ?
Old 2nd November 2015, 07:13   #50
BHPian

Nagesh, I went to an outstation trip with stock headlamps. There was no issue. In fact, while returning, it was about 8PM and the heaven gates opened. Very heavy rains followed for the next 2 hours and still, I found the visibility at par if not better than expected.
Old 30th March 2016, 12:29   #51
BHPian

Just completed a 1000 Kms trip, and as usual, the car performed flawlessly. The one issue I found with the stock projectors was not the brightness (which is pretty good), but the throw/distance/angle. When high beam is turned off, I would have expected to see more road ahead that I do now. Putting on the high beam fixes this, but then, that is bad for the oncoming traffic. Need to see if the height can be adjusted for better distance, when high beam is off.

Also completed the 2nd free service (oil change and oil filter which is chargeable) at exactly 10000 Kms. The refinement has improved even more. Also got a minor door rattle fixed.
PearlJam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:04   #52
BHPian

Great going PearlJam !!

I too completed a 1300 kms round trip end of March. No issues from the car. It was driven for 5 hours straight at speeds between 100-120 kmph with the AC running throughout.

Unfortunately got a small dent+scratch on my left door just below the door handle courtesy an unknown 2 wheeler, no sure if anything can be done about it.

What were your service costs?
Old 6th April 2016, 13:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
What were your service costs?
I paid around Rs.2600 for engine oil and oil filter change
Old 7th April 2016, 15:52   #54
BANNED

Hello friends I have completed one year with my Verna 4s. Its odometer stands at 29000 km today. Its been a hassle free car till now except two niggles i faced. 1st there is a sound from pulleys from the engine bay though i got one of the pulley changed at second service the sound has reappeared after almost 8k. 2nd is the front rubber bushes were replaced which rectified thud sound or should i say a acute sound whenever i used to hit a speed breaker, this problem has not cropped up again. other than the above two problems i have not faced any other problem in my car. Its one hell of a car to drive, engine and gear shifts are butter smooth as per diesel and segment standards. Now my third service is due in 1000 km would raise the issue of pulley sound with the service advisor again. I am using this car as my daily driver to the office and cover almost 55- 60 km daily and apart from that some once a month 500 km trip i do the most. would love to hear inputs from the fellow verna owners.
Regards
honey_starhoney is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 16:06   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
Hello friends I have completed one year with my Verna 4s. Its odometer stands at 29000 km today. Its been a hassle free car till now except two niggles i faced
would love to hear inputs from the fellow verna owners.
Regards
Wow, that's a lot of usage for 1 year! Did you get these things sorted out through the warranty?

The car is simply fantastic to drive even at higher speeds. It's sad that the perception still remains that this is "not a fun to drive car". Hyundai on it's part also seems to be treating this car in a step-motherly way, though recently I do see some advertisements. If only the monthly sales were higher than what it has come to, today.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 16:35   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Wow, that's a lot of usage for 1 year! Did you get these things sorted out through the warranty?

The car is simply fantastic to drive even at higher speeds. It's sad that the perception still remains that this is "not a fun to drive car". Hyundai on it's part also seems to be treating this car in a step-motherly way, though recently I do see some advertisements. If only the monthly sales were higher than what it has come to, today.
Yes completely agree with your view , Hyundai has sorted the suspension up to a remarkable extent and still the perception which remains with especially the media guys is that its not a fun car to drive but i do not find that claim probable. It has gem of an engine which is a hoot to drive. Would like to add to the discussion though may not be related to the ongoing discussion, We also have a may 2015 Innova which has covered more than 16000 km till date which is a different car and separate segment altogether but yes it has not faced a single problem till now after a year of ownership not even a niggle so sometimes i think may be Toyota procures its parts from more reliable sources. I am saying this because when i got a pulley changed the mechanic was testing the sound by changing pulleys and when the sound disappeared i was relieved but it was short lived as the mechanic told me that the pulley is from earlier 2014 fluidic model ( before 4s model ) which is made purely of metal and it cost aprrox Rs/- 2800 but now the pulley which my car has is approx Rs/-600 and it is made of plastic and it was not available at ASC and they assured to procure it and gave me a week long time to get it replaced. so this left me wondering why hyundai has downgraded its parts in this car and this is the reason that this pulley wears out quite early then the earlier pulley. And this pulley is again making the same sound it used to produce so i am a bit disappointed about this.

And as far as the repairs & warranties are concerned ASC only changed the pulleys under warranty and yes i forgot to mention also got one of the Horn replaced under warranty.
honey_starhoney is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 14:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends I have completed one year with my Verna 4s. Its odometer stands at 29000 km today.
Wow my friend, you have really driven your car ALOT !
Good going. Whats the warranty that you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
The car is simply fantastic to drive even at higher speeds. It's sad that the perception still remains that this is "not a fun to drive car".
Totally agree with you. In fact, I find the suspension 'confident inspiring' rather than a deterrent on the fast roads as well as curves. Definitely want to know why Hyundai just forgot this car in their stable. Only thing they could improve is the steering to give more feedback, though I have never felt any problem with it, but there's always room for improvement.
Old 18th April 2016, 11:00   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Wow my friend, you have really driven your car ALOT !
Good going. Whats the warranty that you have?

Totally agree with you. In fact, I find the suspension 'confident inspiring' rather than a deterrent on the fast roads as well as curves. Definitely want to know why Hyundai just forgot this car in their stable. Only thing they could improve is the steering to give more feedback, though I have never felt any problem with it, but there's always room for improvement.
I didn't really get you @drive2eternity I think you are asking about the warranty for my car. Hyundai has provided 2 year unlimited km warranty on Verna 4s. And moreover now i think the current Verna 2016 model has 3 year unlimited km warranty.
Old 20th April 2016, 15:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't really get you @drive2eternity I think you are asking about the warranty for my car. Hyundai has provided 2 year unlimited km warranty on Verna 4s. And moreover now i think the current Verna 2016 model has 3 year unlimited km warranty.
Oh I see. Strangely, I got 2 Years / 40000 kms warranty on my Verna 4S. Then, I was informed about free 3rd year warranty and about a month later I got a card from Hyundai stating my warranty was 3 years / 60000 kms. And mine is a petrol Verna. Hence I asked.
Old 11th May 2016, 11:08   #60
BHPian

A fantastic hill drive, a small false alarm scare, and excellent response by Hyundai Ooty!

Went to Ooty on a short two night trip enroute to Kerala. Went up the short Kalahatti route, and the car behaved brilliantly, with absolutely no lack of power at any point in time. Had great fun driving this stretch, as usual! Reached the hotel, and observed that the car is idling higher at around 1000 rpm. Didn't give it much thought at that time.

Next morning, I open the bonnet and see the coolant level just below 'MIN' level! Observed the underbody and could see no leak. I had already checked the level before setting out from Bangalore and it was fine.

Immediately called up the Hyundai service. The guy who picked up gave me precise directions to reach there. The place was about 20 minutes away, and strangely, I observed no heating issues. On reaching there, the SA was already waiting for me.

Opened the bonnet, and lo and behold - the coolant is just below 'MAX' level! Now, I am not a noob and knew that the coolant keeps circulating. But I didn't expect this much variation in fluctuation. He aasured me that all was well. I asked him about the high idling. His immediate response - 'Sir, normally it idles at around 800rpm. Is it idling at around 1000? It will be back to normal once you go back'. I hadn't mentioned the rpm to him, he already knew. Since my older DZire did not behave this way, this was a new learning for me.

Anyway, just to be sure, I asked him to raise it and check for any leaks. He agreed without hesitation, and also allowed me in the bay when I said I want to see too. They found no leaks. He topped up the coolant level a little above 'MAX' level, and gave me his personal cell number to call in case of any problem. Charges - nil. The actual workers refused a significant tip too.

Googled more on coolant levels, and read that this is a relatively complicated system with vacuum locks and what not. Came to the plains, and idling back to normal.

All in all, a great experience with Hyundai Ooty!
PearlJam is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks